The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+64
Jae1411
rosco77
Tyler Durden
FoxyAV
MancVillan
Mr_Spadge
Jamie_Taylor_1985
Dansvilla75
therailboy
Andyh
1Elliot
jvilla
tonyp
UnclePanda
VTID85
Thinman
Synopsis
StaffordsVillan
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Cha Ching
andrew24561
noodles
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
danclare82
Justice league
NARLA24
Peter
Fpuppys
Heisenberg
nickf21
VillaBill
AstonThriller
Keyser Soze
deadbuzzardalive
AVit
debandit
Alf T
lukevilla
Rawlie
Wriggle
gaffer85
Chrissylee1111
smetro
Andrew Baker
Saunders82
HarryAVFC
Barabass
villajk
De Kuip
DaveAV1
4BetLite
The Utterer
BillytheKid
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Trotters
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
Lammypaul
achilles
DelboyVilla
68 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by The Utterer Fri May 27, 2016 9:53 pm

In all seriousness Chrissylee it is dragging i agree.

I think Derby will be a threat now too with Pearson at the helm and of course Newcastle & Norwich, who will also be strong i fear, will be tough opposition. Add to that a couple of inevitable surprise packages who will no doubt surface and it will be a tough season, of that i have no doubt.

I personally don't know what to make of RDM if he is our man but i do like his persona i have to say. He seems like a happy guy to be around which has to be a good thing...provided it's backed up with steel underneath that is.

It'll be fascinating though and i just hope we find a way to restructure the team and manage to get off to a good start as i feel the first 10 games will be crucial for confidence etc.

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Gregg Evans has said that we should find out at the end of next week at the latest.

Speaking of which, why are the Birmingham Mail calling Xia, a millionaire? He may well be one, but no one knows is exact wealth. According to that very paper he's in talks to buy a 'Chinese Super League' club, that can't come cheap (Beijing Guoan as a random (sort of) example are estimated to be worth $613 million.), most of the teams have got 50,000 plus capacity stadiums.

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 12:25 am

Take 30 secs to gI've us your thoughts and ideas. Its your site and your feedback will be appreciated!

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/t1784-important-forum-appearance-mobile-site#127514
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:....According to that very paper [BEM]... he's in talks to buy a 'Chinese Super League' club, that can't come cheap (Beijing Guoan as a random (sort of) example are estimated to be worth $613 million.), most of the teams have got 50,000 plus capacity stadiums.

dba..I follow your logic, but....

In South America, the average Turnstile Fee is the about 75 pence.
Uruaguy, Argentina, Brazil, Chile etc have Stadia that can hold 75 -100,000 for even local matches, they will be filled, ...but they have to churn out the Augeros' and the Suarez's...the 'older' Ronaldos etc to get some revenue. Shirt sales and maeketing are on a par with the Third Word Incomes.

China is starting from Ground Zero....they will not charge the equivalent of £67 a ticket...like Arsenal for some matches.. they may sell shirts and choc bars with a 'Hero's endorsement/name' ..but that will be local...

Local being the size of half-Europe with an income...according to the CIA Factbook, of less than Albania.

Xia can buy as many clubs in China as he chooses, he won't get his investement back in his lifetime.

50/75 thousand people at about 50-90 pence admission...work the maths...

Sorry dba...a bridge too far.
Alf T
Alf T

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 Empty Why We May Have Problems....imo

Post by Alf T Sat May 28, 2016 6:40 am

Why did this Over-Scrutiny began ….?

Where it began and how it got worse….imo.

HOLISS.

He sold Xia as the force behind the Bird’s Nest Stadium.
Untrue.

But he never explained, retracted nor corrected that opening statement following the subsequent hounding of Xia.

COWARD HOLLIS

For a journo, based on his desk in London, with the Internet there, it was easy to see that Xia was at Harvard and MIT and England, when the Bird’s Nest was designed.

OK.

Neither a retraction nor an explanation from Hollis.

Next we have…it was the “Forest / Gardens” etc alongside the Bird’s Nest that Xia was in charge of….wrong again, in 5 pages of Chinese web sites he is not listed amongst anyone… from even Gardeners and Tree-Planters upwards to designers. A distraction, a leak,a leak that Xia hasn’t addressed.

YXHO (?) the company he said on CNN that he formed with his ex-girlfriend in the late 1990’s….OH DEAR.
That company was formed in the early 1960s by Charles Harris, his tutor, it was bought out by XIA in the late 1990s, when, as a student he suddenly had money.

All his time at Harvard he lived with Harris _ who it appears doesn’t speak neither Cantonese nor Mandarin, according to the journos.... but presumably, he spoke English for 4/5 years to a person who is almost inarticulate in English now.

I don’t need to go into the aspects of his advisors / future board etc.
I’ll leave that to Mr Trotts…

Xia has shot himself in the foot so much, contradicted his PR and villa’s PR and is now out in limbo, in my precious opinion…. :)

I don’t think he’s a front…like some bluenoses assume ….I don’t think he has Mainland money behind himeither.

I think he is entrepreneur…with external, off-shore assets and Companies… that Mainland China will always take a part of…basically to permit it to happen, but also to share any profit.
BUT the Mainland will not invest nor support… how could they - in hundreds if not thousands of companies they've allowed to invest abroad, have accounts abroad etc,...they had a small share of Grandtop…Carson Yeung’s Company earlier, and Pauline is a figure that rises, and helps both participants…funny ???

Now…Xia has prohibited and sealed his Harvard Account. Why?

His label of being a “Doctor” came from his Harvard years…??? Shot-in-theFoot-Again ?

Xia, may have been blasted by this scrutiny, that doesn’t occur in China, the lack of access to his history and so on….that may be why he is like a rabbit in the headlights.
This questioning would never arise in China. He is not used to it.
And fluffed it big-scale. He needed interpreters, NOT an ego-blag as he tried and failed on CNN.

I’ll refer you to “Yang Yi Zhang”…a guy still alive in China….who exposed
Xia’s corruption and mistruths over 7 years ago.

I will cringe when Xia faces his first full and open Press Conference.
I will cringe as a villa fan…because …imo ok ?...everything is building up against him.

He may have the money “in cash in a London Bank”…£100m…(£75 for Randy and debts ? ) Balance for transfers….???...funding to support the fixture list.

FL questions, but I think they will go for his board.

If Xia is so ‘on-the-ball’…how in God’s Name did he choose, the lepers of football as his advisors, and God forbid his Board.

Excuse my blasphemy please.

I'm....Just angry and…. STILL unhappy with Xia…and blame Hollis, or should we praise Hollis for his incompetence ?

:)

Alf T
Alf T

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat May 28, 2016 6:42 am

I don't think the revenue comes from the punters Alf. The clubs are spending fortunes, which in the western system isn't sustainable. I believe the driving force is gaining favour with the state. If you do things which the government like, then they make things "possible" that wouldn't otherwise be attainable. Almost certainly that means covering your costs and then some. It's a different rule book.
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sat May 28, 2016 7:13 am

DaveAV1 wrote:I don't think the revenue comes from the punters Alf. The clubs are spending fortunes, which in the western system isn't sustainable. I believe the driving force is gaining favour with the state. If you do things which the government like, then they make things "possible" that wouldn't otherwise be attainable. Almost certainly that means covering your costs and then some. It's a different rule book.

Yes, you are probably right Dave..
A Nationlist Centrally Controlled State...not being offensive,to anyone.... honest...can sustain numerous enterprises, and allow numerous "Entrapraneurs" to invest abroad, have off-shore accounts etc if they, the State had a small hold in it.
For proffits...any failure, they will withdraw... imo.
Xia took over as a Director of "Recon" as recent as three weeks ago...in Hong Kong.
A Senior Director resigned to allow the MSG Baron to come on board.

Now...out of Mainland jurisprudence Xia can continue his dance from HK.
-imo
Shame they have to publish these things. Very Happy Very Happy

BOT

Yes...because the current PM wants Footie Respect or Achievemnt, we have a situation of the eager grabbing the easier.

Villa

Plans of Chinese expansion, import-export Academy players and so on......

I hate to say this, but it was one of the earliest things my partner {a A Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak nerd Very Happy } said to me after the Hollis cr@p....Yeung said the same thing....Chinese cross-pollination..A Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak Academies everywhere in China...Chinese players brought into Brum...and so on.

Only difference I can see between both these entrepraneurs...is that Yeung was talking about teenage Academy..to learn...Xia was talking about Full Time players on the pitch.

Another resaon to worry.

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat May 28, 2016 8:07 am

yeung and Dr x in the same sentance......... get real
Boldfinger

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 9:11 am

Alf, do me a favour and stick with the black please. Feel free to bold it or use grey but red and blue....not so much. Ta
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 28, 2016 9:30 am

We have only got ten weeks left to get new owner in, new manager in, dump players, acquire players and get this monumental fuk up of a team ready for the start of next season.............. Do you think it might be a good idea to speed things up a tad?

Just wondering if the Doctor is so rich that he is putting pressure of the powers that be to keep us in the prem and just forget about that silly relegation thingy.

For what its worth, I think European Cup WINNERS should be excluded from relegation anyway, rule change required please.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 am

Personally I think Dr X is hoping to ride the chines football boom. He sorts villa out, markets us in china - hoping the ride the forthcoming boom.
Sort of like investing when the stock market is fairly low - waiting for the boom.

I m not keen on RDM - or the involvement of samuelson - But I think Xia is here with good intentions. Im not expecting a dollar funded revolution - but at least he cares...
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 10:10 am

I think Alf has a husband and they are both Small Heath Alliance fans
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat May 28, 2016 10:21 am

4BetLite wrote:We have only got ten weeks left to get new owner in, new manager in, dump players, acquire players and get this monumental fuk up of a team ready for the start of next season.............. Do you think it might be a good idea to speed things up a tad?

Just wondering if the Doctor is so rich that he is putting pressure of the powers that be to keep us in the prem and just forget about that silly relegation thingy.

For what its worth, I think European Cup WINNERS should be excluded from relegation anyway, rule change required please.

My thoughts exactly.

If we don't get a manager real soon and start building the new squad, we can write off 16/17 season. As it stands I think Newcastle and Derby will clinch 1st and 2 nd places. Doubt if we will up to a play off place.

Not all down to Xia I know but I'm getting this sneaky, impatient feeling that things have not really changed at the Villa.

Are we cursed? Even Alf is beginning to unsettle me but I guess that's what he wants.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat May 28, 2016 10:38 am

It's the FA and Premier League who are holding things up. If Xia, had have been declared fit and proper a week or so back, I imagine the rebuilding job would have begun already. I'm sure once it's sorted, things will happen very fast.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Lammypaul Sat May 28, 2016 10:39 am

I would love someone to show me some proof of all this click bait, there is never any real proof just assumptions gained form someone else’s assumption. We must be a massive club to have all these z list journalists and internet worriers delving into our future owners background to save us from a catastrophe let’s be honest when the hair dresser took over at the scum nobody give a s**t.
Lammypaul
Lammypaul

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 am

Thinman wrote:
4BetLite wrote:We have only got ten weeks left to get new owner in, new manager in, dump players, acquire players and get this monumental fuk up of a team ready for the start of next season.............. Do you think it might be a good idea to speed things up a tad?

My thoughts exactly.

If we don't get a manager real soon and start building the new squad, we can write off 16/17 season. As it stands I think Newcastle and Derby will clinch 1st and 2 nd places. Doubt if we will up to a play off place.

Not all down to Xia I know but I'm getting this sneaky, impatient feeling that things have not really changed at the Villa.

Are we cursed? Even Alf is beginning to unsettle me but I guess that's what he wants.

Derby and Newcastle? On what grounds? No one has bought anyone or let anyone go yet! Benitez hasn't managed in the Championship and has a squad full of French lads, who have never played anything close to Championship football. I think Newcastle will struggle, at least initially. Derby? Again, it's who they keep and who they can get in, alongside a good Brighton side, perhaps Hull if they don't make it.

If we haven't got a manager in the next few weeks then we're in trouble, but for now, I don't think there's too much to worry about on the playing front just yet.
Rawlie
Rawlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 12:23 pm

I mentioned it when Xia was first announced and it's one if the things I'll be most interested in seeing, and that's our new badge. Will he stock with the design that Fox commissioned or will we see his own vision?

If it turns out to be the latter, it'll be an insight into how he views our history AND our future. Will there be any Chinese influence in the design, will it be a throwback to the round badge with a modern twist or will it be a completely new effort.

TBH, I'll be a little disappointed if he runs with Foxes choice of badge
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat May 28, 2016 12:25 pm

This is purely a theory. I read somewhere the ffp rules don't count for the first 12 months. So this delay drags us further into next season and gives us a bit more time to spend big as a hopefully Premiership club. Just my guess.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 1:14 pm

We can't blame Xia for the fit and proper tests by the FA as soon as he is passed we know we will have a manager RDM 99.9% likely and he will have around 9/10 weeks to sell players off and buy in players he wants which most likely he will already have or be drawing up a list of transfer targets already specially as RDM knows the Championship and whats needed to get out that division and characters around the club.

No need to panic yet as Rawlie says early days yet and by the end of June i think we will start to see a whole new ethos and Villa team unrecognisable performance wise compared to last season.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat May 28, 2016 1:15 pm

I want the round badge back!!!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 1:51 pm

BillytheKid wrote:We can't blame Xia for the fit and proper tests by the FA as soon as he is passed we know we will have a manager RDM 99.9% likely and he will have around 9/10 weeks to sell players off and buy in players he wants which most likely he will already have or be drawing up a list of transfer targets already specially as RDM knows the Championship and whats needed to get out that division and characters around the club.

No need to panic yet as Rawlie says early days yet and by the end of June i think we will start to see a whole new ethos and Villa team unrecognisable performance wise compared to last season.

It's 10 weeks until the season starts. You'd really want to have 4 weeks of pre-season under your belt with a finished squad - or close to it - by then.

The new manager has his work well cut out for him. A decent board with football people and a good coaching staff will be an immeasurable help. Of we continue in the sane vein as Lerner with zero football brains beyond the manager, then we're in trouble.

The rebuild extends far beyond the playing team. And it needs to be rebuilt well and rebuilt fast!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat May 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Anyone else think the board are maybe wing to see if Bruce gets promoted or not ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat May 28, 2016 2:21 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Anyone else think the board are maybe wing to see if Bruce gets promoted or not ?

Fucking hope not, don't want that Super-Sugarbag anywhere near us.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Trotters wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:We can't blame Xia for the fit and proper tests by the FA as soon as he is passed we know we will have a manager RDM 99.9% likely and he will have around 9/10 weeks to sell players off and buy in players he wants which most likely he will already have or be drawing up a list of transfer targets already specially as RDM knows the Championship and whats needed to get out that division and characters around the club.

It's 10 weeks until the season starts. You'd really want to have 4 weeks of pre-season under your belt with a finished squad - or close to it - by then.

The new manager has his work well cut out for him. A decent board with football people and a good coaching staff will be an immeasurable help. Of we continue in the sane vein as Lerner with zero football brains beyond the manager, then we're in trouble.

The rebuild extends far beyond the playing team. And it needs to be rebuilt well and rebuilt fast!

Hoping Samuelson and Co have a talent for match fixing AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 18 1815562058 I'll get my coat
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat May 28, 2016 2:29 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Anyone else think the board are maybe wing to see if Bruce gets promoted or not ?

nah
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next