The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

+4
Wriggle
The Utterer
Boldfinger
Alf T
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site Empty IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

Post by Trotters Mon May 16, 2016 4:00 am

Hello everyone,

Please take 60 secs to read as this MAY affect how you view this site.

As of this morning (Monday 16th May), you may have noticed a couple of minor changes (mostly icons such as QUOTE, EDIT, DELETE, etc). I've done away with the multi-quote and quick-quote as it wasn't being used so we may as well have it look neater.

The big thing is that I now have a mobile-ready version of the site. It's limited compared to the full-version (you can't add smilies, images or youtube vids, etc) but you can view posts, make new posts of your own, edit, delete, reply and quote).

I will launch this midweek when most of you have had a chance to read this.

***** IF YOU VIEW ON A MOBILE DEVICE, YOU CAN SWITCH BACK TO THE FULL VERSION IF YOU PREFER *****
At the top will be a little black arrow with a drop-down box where you can select "Classic version". Hit that and you'll view the site as you've been used to.

It's just a new option that you may or may not prefer. The choice is yours.

As always, any feedback is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Trotters.
Trotters
Trotters

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 5_star13

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 16, 2016 5:53 am

Trotters wrote:Hello everyone,

Please take 60 secs to read as this MAY affect how you view this site.

As of this morning (Monday 16th May), you may have noticed a couple of minor changes (mostly icons such as QUOTE, EDIT, DELETE, etc). I've done away with the multi-quote and quick-quote as it wasn't being used so we may as well have it look neater.

The big thing is that I now have a mobile-ready version of the site. It's limited compared to the full-version (you can't add smilies, images or youtube vids, etc) but you can view posts, make new posts of your own, edit, delete, reply and quote).

I will launch this midweek when most of you have had a chance to read this.

***** IF YOU VIEW ON A MOBILE DEVICE, YOU CAN SWITCH BACK TO THE FULL VERSION IF YOU PREFER *****
At the top will be a little black arrow with a drop-down box where you can select "Classic version". Hit that and you'll view the site as you've been used to.

It's just a new option that you may or may not prefer. The choice is yours.

As always, any feedback is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Trotters.

This is all well and good mate, but why didn't you do more to keep us in the premiership and why haven't you found out who is buying the club, I despair sometimes, I really do........
4BetLite
4BetLite

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 3_star10

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site

Post by Trotters Mon May 16, 2016 6:14 am

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 2881341339
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm going to let the mobile version of this site loose.

If you view on a mobile device (smart phone, iPad, etc) then you will likely default to that view.
However, there's a small black arrow at the top that you can click to bring you back to the "Classic Version" (this one!) if you prefer. If you're on the classic version and want to go back to the mobile version, there's a link at the very bottom right corner to enable you to do that.

The mobile version will enable you to read and post, edit and delete but there's none of the convenient features the full site has (image hosting, youtube linky thingy, smilies, etc). Any section of the forum that has a new post, will show up bright green. Th rest is claret and blue (of course, I'll change this to red and yellow when the Chinese take over )

It's not been through an awful lot of testing as I didn't want to cause too much disruption to the conversation with weird glitches so if you see something that's not right, could you let me know?

Thanks, all.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Also, while I've got my mod hat on, can I extend a very warm welcome to the people who have signed up this week.
I hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that I'd love you to dive in and give us your thoughts/have a rant/introduce yourself/tell Joppe what kind of beer you like.

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 50815218
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 23, 2016 8:45 am

Quick update:

If anyone wants to add their Facebook, twitter or even a website for a bit of shameless self-promotion, you can now go into your PROFILE (at the top of the page, just under the logo) and pop the relevant details in there.

Link icons will then appear in your profile box when you post.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 12:22 am

Well, as this is your forum, can we ask for your opinions?

What do you like?
What do you hate?
What have you seen on other forums that you'd love to see in here?
For those who use the mobile version, what are your thoughts?

Any and all suggestions from layout to colours, from graphics to features, from word filters to emoticons will be considered.

Take 30 secs and help us to improve TBAR.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site Empty Take 30 Seconds...

Post by Alf T Sat May 28, 2016 4:33 am

I see nothing to change Mr Trotts. If it suits others.

Because i realise I am way behind the times. My Tower PC is still on XP - yes....that out of date.

If anyone else is in the same position, they could say this:

I'm NOT .... 2G / 3G / 4G...I'm a neanderthal, and as a result, every new "bell n whistle" that you apply, grinds my old processor to a halt.
e.g. if I'm on a forum that somewhere down the yet-to-be-seen page is a YouTube...page freezes whilst it tries to discover what HTML5 is. After so long I just switch the PC off and come back on and avoid that thread.
On here, we have sidebars scrolling, ticker-tape scrolling...not having an upto date PC is a problem, but I wonder how many of us share that problem, and give up or go elsewhere for TEXT only ?

Last year the BBC re-vamped their football site...'bells and whistles" again.They asked for feedback...and had to reduce the amount of GIFs, video and ancilliary stuff that may have been flashy, but was not related to "News".
This year they have revamped it again to take note of (my 1, million) complaints. I can now actually read a whole page of the BBC Football.

I'm not asking you to explore a dual... txt only forum..that would suit me, but may be a bit retro..but is there a chance to provide alternatives, for us older PC users???

Just a suggestion.

I get timed out so often during daylight hours...lol...don't know why.....I'm long winded I suppose.Got half-a-post posted the other day at about 4.00am...
It's happened so often that for my next post...I am writing it externally, cutting and pasting it, and hoping it goes through.

Like this one....take care Mr Trotts...and "Moyes isn't the Favourite" as on your ticker-tape....AND...beware Samuelson

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 1787200310
Alf T
Alf T

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks for the comments, Alf.

The site SHOULD be saving any posts you start making in case you crash or winder off to another thread. However, I've just tested this and it's stopped working. It could be that ad-blockers are breaking it. I'll check that out for you as obviously that'll save you a lot of grief.

I think there's a "Reading Mode" that will strip out everything bar the threads.  But I'll check that out later when I'm sat at the computer rather than my phone and get back to you.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat May 28, 2016 8:05 am

i think this is a very well run site, the appearance is good and the navigation is easy. adding to this that everyone on here seems friendly with well balanced discussions and great banter.
it is a credit to the owner and mods
Boldfinger

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat May 28, 2016 8:29 am

I agree with Boldfinger... The best site, well moderated and not full of cyber bullies dominating every thread like a dark looming cloud. I love the fact you can open up and have a bit of adolescent (as one or two miserable old gits like to call it Laughing ) fun from time to time too. Crikey if you're not allowed to let your hair down and have a bit of a laugh when it looks like we finally have the ability to dream again after enduring years of torturous doom as a Villa fan then what the heck is the point??! IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 1787200310

So one o two need to remove the broomsticks from up their arses for sure but it's nothing like the grumps on most other sites i know.

I also love the free debate and fact we can declare some dreams without being commanded to get back in our boxes or ridiculed by kna-it-alls!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 28, 2016 9:02 am

Club relegated, club bought, Scandinavian hero declares beers for all, all still waiting..................!
There should be a punishment thread.....!

Would suggest an all out abuse thread, NO HOLDS BARRED, for when any parties wish to escalate their shit, would be fun to read......... Marquis of Queensbury rules MIND............!

We need more girls...........!

No free gifts given...................EVER.....!

Free donuts.........!

Worst site ever, I want my money back..............!

Limit posts to 30,000 words please.

Last edited by 4BetLite on Sat May 28, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am

Yeah but your dreams about the twin sisters and a gimp suit was a bit much, Utterer.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 28, 2016 1:13 pm

4BetLite wrote:Club relegated, club bought, Scandinavian hero declares beers for all, all still waiting..................!
There should be a punishment thread.....!

Would suggest an all out abuse thread, NO HOLDS BARRED, for when any parties wish to escalate their shit, would be fun to read......... Marquis of Queensbury rules MIND............!

We need more girls...........!

No free gifts given...................EVER.....!

Free donuts.........!

Worst site ever, I want my money back..............!

Limit posts to 30,000 words please.

How about appointing a liaison officer to Dr Xia
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:10 pm

The Mobile version is currently wrecked. My apologies. I'm working on it.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:42 am

A question for you all (and we'll see how many people read this area!):

For those viewing the full site (as opposed to the mobile version), you may have noticed a slight change to the header.
Currently we have a Villa banner and one for the Euros. We're throwing around the idea of having an opposition banner for a day or two prior to the game and getting the views in from a supporter of the other club for their opinions on the teams, how they think the game will go, etc.

So, are you welcoming of the banner idea (like me!) or are you old-skool, sod you, bugger off into your own end with your poxy half-and-half scarf you soy latte drinking little freak (like DK). Laughing at You
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Great idea IMO, would be fun especially now we have some derby games against the scum
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 pm

They may have a special banner!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:30 am

Trotters wrote:A question for you all (and we'll see how many people read this area!):

For those viewing the full site (as opposed to the mobile version), you may have noticed a slight change to the header.
Currently we have a Villa banner and one for the Euros. We're throwing around the idea of having an opposition banner for a day or two prior to the game and getting the views in from a supporter of the other club for their opinions on the teams, how they think the game will go, etc.

So, are you welcoming of the banner idea (like me!) or are you old-skool, sod you, bugger off into your own end with your poxy half-and-half scarf you soy latte drinking little freak (like DK). Laughing at You

Ah, this question!

I think it's a good idea and worth a try out! It will certainly get the conversation going if you get an opposition fan asking a few questions! IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 3769219917
Wriggle
Wriggle

IMPORTANT: Forum Appearance & Mobile Site 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:49 am

Hate complaining of a service I haven't paid for, but the mobile version of this forum is pretty bad. The colour combination nearly makes it unreadable.

And I only mean the thread titles, the threads are fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:02 pm

I'd rather hear the comments than not. I can't fix what I don't know you hate.

Is the green to display a new post in a topic? Should I tone it down to a darker green, use a different colour...???

And thanks for reminding me you've not paid. I can send you a bill? Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:00 pm

The green is fine, but light blue with white text is a bad choice imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am

Excellent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 am

No! Not really. I just got done fixing things when the people who just the site for us made some big changes. As such, it's wiped out the ability to quote, edit, delete and the new topic green colour has speech bubbles all over it.

I'm thoroughly pissed off.

Will get it fixed asap
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 pm

I didn't mind the bubbles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next