The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

+49
Wookster
Alf T
Dazzle
deadbuzzardalive
Fpuppys
Trotters
jeffvilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Boldfinger
big ming
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
Jae1411
Timeclock
De Kuip
achilles
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
DelboyVilla
NARLA24
Sky
smetro
Wriggle
FoxyAV
Con
Villa Ranger
Saunders82
mefromhere
shanghaivilla
Thinman
BillytheKid
Rawlie
Synopsis
TheVillansOfAston
avfc85
KMitch
danclare82
1Elliot
CoE82
VillaSteve
Heisenberg
South London Villan
VillaBill
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
Suits
pcfbavfcoman
Mr_Spadge
53 posters

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm not expecting him to buy a Chinese club (not from the top league anyway, as that would probably cost more than it did to buy Villa).

But I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, like with India, we set up academies in that country. And maybe even buy a stake in one of their teams, or partner up some other way.

He said the other day that they're also looking into possibly expanding into Australia as well.
deadbuzzardalive

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread.

Post by smetro Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I think his next venture should be a used mobile phone franchise - throwing in tablet and laptop repairs .....can't think of a name now ........Tony's Tech Troubles ..perhaps ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:54 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I'm not expecting him to buy a Chinese club (not from the top league anyway, as that would probably cost more than it did to buy Villa).

But I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, like with India, we set up academies in that country. And maybe even buy a stake in one of their teams, or partner up some other way.

He said the other day that they're also looking into possibly expanding into Australia as well.

America I think he was quoted as being another market he would be interested in. Once all set up, it will be an outlet for underperformers and undesirables. I would imagine that dealing with the shite5 would be a piece of cake if we controlled another 5 clubs.
4BetLite
4BetLite

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 pm

smetro wrote:

Fair play to him.

He might not have the wealth we hoped for - but he seems to be leaving no stone unturned to promote us and make us a global super club. Will it work ? - not sure - but its great to have someone at the helm who cares and tries things.

Now for that £10m striker Tony !

And at the same time he MIGHT have the wealth we hoped for. It's all speculation right now but going by his own words "I'm a lot more than a dollar billionaire"..then I probably wouldn't bet against him right now.

Personally I think the writing is on the wall. His connections to the Chinese government are proven. He's friends with the president (employed his cousin), works with several government officials on projects and Steve Hollis claimed the Chinese government were involved. People laughed at me when I brought it up but lets be honest here...how many normal "business men" have access to the Indian government? I mean just think about that for a second!!...Xia isn't normal and the people behind him are clearly big hitters imo...that's why he was able to make the statements he did "top three in the world" and appoint champions league quality staff even though we're in the championship.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:28 pm

As for the markets they want to build in. From what I remember it was India, America, Australia, China and Spain (second division side). I hope they also look at investing in Africa (Arsenal have an academy in South Africa) , South America and the Caribbean.

The more networks the club has the better it will be both for the brand and the scouting system.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 pm

This from a "Villa Fan" on twitter going by the name Keith Villan

https://twitter.com/keithvillan/status/757618857456627712

And i just love his use of the word Your instead of You're, he obviously excelled at English grammar in school.

And another:
https://twitter.com/AVFCTransTweet/status/757665583966089216
TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 pm

That keith fella is an absolute twat who has been banging that anti Xia drum from the moment the takeover was announced. Personally I have suspicions he's merely WUM pretending to be a Villa fan. Him and IanRobo are just gone in the head...it's as simple as that. Shelly to her credit has calmed down but those two still remain in a fantasy land.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Its quite pathetic that even now after he has passed all required tests from both leagues he is still being scrutinised, and his credentials still being doubted, and this from a so called one of our own. Have wankers like this really got nothing else to occupy their sad little lives with.
TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:25 am

My issue with the takeover was with the other two blokes in the boardroom.

So far so good though. The only bit of a stumble was with Xia and the Jimmy Savile tweets but it's harsh to criticise a bloke for being massively enthusiastic and willing to communicate with the fans only to come unstuck a little because of a twat.

So the likes of twat, Keith and Ian Robo (and our own @Alf T - although he could always say that he knew Xia was a good egg but listened to his wife too closely) have put themselves in such a negative place that the only way out now will be Xia's complete failure.

That could be a long long time.
Trotters
Trotters

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:11 am

Only a minor thing but did anyone else see someone tweeted Tony saying he couldn't sort out his subscription to AVTV due to an error message and Tony sent it to Wyness to get it sorted.

Just a nice touch to actually have someone this proactive with the fans.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:25 pm

And that'll happen until people start taking the piss asking him to sponsor their kid in the three legged race at school, ask for free season tickets or the name of his favourite rub & tug palour in Beijing.

The twitter time bomb is a-ticking.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 pm

The Lerner regime was extremely drab and then we get a chairman who actually communicates directly with fans and you get imbecile's already trying to ruin that, I feel really bad how some of our fans are morons.
avfc85
avfc85

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:26 pm

I cannot recall seeing anyone serious on Xia's twitter feed and no comments or links to the official Villa feed (I haven't gone through the lot), which begs the question, is it a fake account?

One for the detectives on here to solve.

Who thinks its real and who thinks its fake?

The winner gets a night out with the purist ;-)
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:35 pm

It's real because the official site follows him and I'm pretty sure they also welcomed him on to twitter on their own twitter 'feed'. Plus he announced the Indian press conference and provided photos on there before anywhere else. And of course it has the blue tick.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:40 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:It's real because the official site follows him and I'm pretty sure they also welcomed him on to twitter on their own twitter 'feed'. Plus he announced the Indian press conference and provided photos on there before anywhere else. And of course it has the blue tick.

That was solv-ed quick,  well done Columbo A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 4025243045
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Has anyone noticed how on his twitter it says he's 'Owner and Chairman of Aston Villa Football Club' but it doesn't state that he's owner of Recon group, only 'Chairman and CEO of RECON Group'.

Also he's changed his location from Beijing to Birmingham.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:23 pm

Interesting. So either an oversight or he's only part owner of RECON???
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:23 am

Yeah of course he is only part owner the other owner's are Wang and the Chinese PM, obvious imo Dancing Banana Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Xia says we must be patient.

Frankly NO.

We've been patient for over 5 years. We want revolution.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVillansOfAston Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:04 pm

TheVillansOfAston
TheVillansOfAston

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:10 pm

TheVillansOfAston wrote:https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/760096315808165889

This is hilarious lol!

He's talked the talk time to get the cheque book out & walk the walk Scarf Waving
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:16 pm

TheVillansOfAston wrote:https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/760096315808165889

This is hilarious lol!

Best thing he's come out with.

Now get those signings done!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Well Ian Holloway dislikes Villa anyway ever since we wouldn't pay over the odds for one of his overrated players when he was at Blackpool. Sour grapes nothing more.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Charlie Adam I think it was ... And he said he would only sign for a big club , prat.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:49 pm

That was a poor tweet from Xia. It was unprofessional and certainly less than what I expect from a man who has proper world experience. I know he was probably pissed off by what he read from Holloway and, on top of tweets from the doubters, tweeted something that was very poorly worded.....

....he forgot to call him a sugarbag!

A hovercraft of eels...it's the Tony Xia thread. - Page 6 1520050566
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next