The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+65
Mark_bennett
Keyser Soze
Mr_Spadge
pcfbavfcoman
Perth villan
simbrenn
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
tonyp
Army villain
Alf T
The Utterer
lukevilla
AstonThriller
Kakacroom
UnclePanda
shanghaivilla
achilles
DelboyVilla
gaffer85
shaun87s
AVit
avfc85
South London Villan
KMitch
snakevilla
Dansvilla75
Wookster
Sky
Chrissylee1111
Barton82
Heisenberg
danclare82
tbarrules
Wriggle
Dgrizzle7
1Elliot
wiler
Boldfinger
Synopsis
Saunders82
avfcjoe
Peter
Dazzle
hawk190601
De Kuip
ember
Trotters
Suits
Cha Ching
andrew24561
HarryAVFC
ViewFromT2
Justice league
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
banneruk
BillytheKid
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
smetro
nickf21
rosco77
Andyh
DaveAV1
69 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by hawk190601 Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 pm

4BetLite wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:P45?
Nope, safe as houses

FFS just realised I've had Larry Ellison's face tattooed on me arm, fuck!
Don, t worry when you get to 75 you wont be able to see it. Very Happy
hawk190601

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:09 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Well it looks like Tayls has spoken up now lads HERE . And isn't he a club ambassador? Very Happy

All the right people are saying the right things...we just have to be patient.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 55544427
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:09 pm

4BetLite wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:P45?
Nope, safe as houses

FFS just realised I've had Larry Ellison's face tattooed on me arm, fuck!
lol! Laughing at You

It ain't too bad, it looks a bit like Burt Kwouk..........Phewwww!
Thank feck
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 pm

It may not be connected - but some people are already at BMH

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 213876791
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 pm

smetro wrote:It may not be connected - but some people are already at BMH

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 213876791
Velly intlesting
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 pm

smetro wrote:
4BetLite wrote:McLaren, urghhh, yuk, bottom of my list along with any ex nose.

Next manager has to be from Moyes ( I've got money on him ), Pearson, Pulis, Rodgers realistically. Get us up and steady, RDM might work once we established but by then we will be in for someone with real stature, a real big hitter.

All this depends on lerner fucking off 1st of course.  

Has RDM every stayed anywhere longer than 2 seasons ? - would seem little better than Remi Garde, would probably face the same issues and flounder as badly....

What has Pearson done away from Leicester? He's been poor everywhere but there and even then all he's done with Leicester is what Lambert done at Norwich.

RDM has done well at four different clubs and to me that's enough to suggest he's got what it takes to do well here. In his only year in the championship Albion apparently scored a hundred goals on their way to promotion...so he's not just defensive either.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 pm

danclare82 wrote:Ian taylor just tweeted saying 'i believe its not far away'

yeah - but what was he doing at the time ? -[Having a shit ?]
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Next manager has to be from Moyes ( I've got money on him ), Pearson, Pulis, Rodgers realistically. Get us up and steady, RDM might work once we established but by then we will be in for someone with real stature, a real big hitter.

Has RDM every stayed anywhere longer than 2 seasons ? - would seem little better than Remi Garde, would probably face the same issues and flounder as badly....

What has Pearson done away from Leicester? He's been poor everywhere but there and even then all he's done with Leicester is what Lambert done at Norwich.

RDM has done well at four different clubs and to me that's enough to suggest he's got what it takes to do well here. In his only year in the championship Albion apparently scored a hundred goals on their way to promotion...so he's not just defensive either.
Getting a feeling that the new manager could be a surprise and maybe have not even been mentioned yet, although info is saying it will be Pearson.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Albion played good football under Di Mateo as did MK Dons. He only has a reputation for defensive football because that's how Chelsea played in the Champions League when they won and that's what people focus on, but given they were playing teams like Barcalona and Bayern Munich. He can hardly be blamed for that, plus ultimately it worked out.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Getting a feeling that the new manager could be a surprise and maybe have not even been mentioned yet, although info is saying it will be Pearson.

Hope youre right.....

but why would people be betting £10k on RDM - youd have to be pretty sure to whack that amount down ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 pm

smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Hope youre right.....

but why would people be betting £10k on RDM - youd have to be pretty sure to whack that amount down ?
Bloody hell 10k!!!!!! Did not know that mate. Could be a goer then.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:25 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Albion played good football under Di Mateo as did MK Dons. He only has a reputation for defensive football because that's how Chelsea played in the Champions League when they won and that's what people focus on, but given they were playing teams like Barcalona and Bayern Munich. He can hardly be blamed for that, plus ultimately it worked out.

Im looking for a manager to do know what Graham Taylor did in 1987 - came in called the place a shambles, sold a few big name players, and quickly got a winning team on the pitch. I don't think RDM is imposing enough to do that - Pearson has his faults, but I think he is much more what we need than RDM.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Bookie's are dodgy, if they get inside info that a fav is done deal, they will spread rumours and get people to lump on an outsider to try cover themselves.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Our defence needs some improvement to say the least so a bit of defensive play wont go amiss methinks. :) lol!

Last edited by Saunders82 on Mon May 16, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saunders82
Saunders82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:29 pm

4BetLite wrote:Bookie's are dodgy, if they get inside info that a fav is done deal, they will spread rumours and get people to lump on an outsider to try cover themselves.

The money Today has been for Pearson and Moyes - but RDM favourite as loads when on him last week
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 10:31 pm

smetro wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Albion played good football under Di Mateo as did MK Dons. He only has a reputation for defensive football because that's how Chelsea played in the Champions League when they won and that's what people focus on, but given they were playing teams like Barcalona and Bayern Munich. He can hardly be blamed for that, plus ultimately it worked out.

Im looking for a manager to do know what Graham Taylor did in 1987 - came in called the place a shambles, sold a few big name players, and quickly got a winning team on the pitch. I don't think RDM is imposing enough to do that - Pearson has his faults, but I think he is much more what we need than RDM.

I used to be against Pearson but having done a bit of Due Diligence of my own on his career and character he'd be number one choice. He's a lot more progressive than people give him credit for, I don't think it would be long before he won a lot of people over, if we appoint him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 16, 2016 10:32 pm

smetro wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Bookie's are dodgy, if they get inside info that a fav is done deal, they will spread rumours and get people to lump on an outsider to try cover themselves.

The money Today has been for Pearson and Moyes - but RDM favourite as loads when on him last week

Exactly, prob everything sorted last week and wait till season over to announce so gives bookies time to spread bullshit.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 pm

We need to get shopping asap and clear out those who we can. Even so i think that some will stick around even with a wage deduction because no one else will want them. Although, if seriously wealthy new owners come in then they could have their contracts paid up and just get rid, hopefully anyway.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm

I don't know why people elsewhere are getting excited with the Ian Taylor tweet, as with Howard Hodgson's interview, he's just stating his opinion, rather than coming from a place of any real knowledge of what's actually happening. That said hopefully his opinion is right.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
smetro wrote:

I used to be against Pearson but having done a bit of Due Diligence of my own on his career and character he'd be number one choice. He's a lot more progressive than people give him credit for, I don't think it would be long before he won a lot of people over, if we appoint him.

Lets be honest you don't have to be a managerial great to get a club promoted, Mccarthy has done it twice, I think Bruce has as well. But that dressing room needs a shake up and we need some no nonense players, and a bit of blood and thunder.
Some coming in, trying to appease the dressing room, and passing the ball sideways across the park would be a disaster imo.
Most of the names mentioned Im ok with ........But RDM, Martinez, I believe are totally wrong for us....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 10:38 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't know why people elsewhere are getting excited with the Ian Taylor tweet, as with Howard Hodgson's interview, he's just stating his opinion, rather than coming from a place of any real knowledge of what's actually happening. That said hopefully his opinion is right.
Thinking that if anyone was in the position to know a bit about what is going on it would be Tayls.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:40 pm

NARLA24 wrote:We need to get shopping asap and clear out those who we can. Even so i think that some will stick around even with a wage deduction because no one else will want them. Although, if seriously wealthy new owners come in then they could have their contracts paid up and just get rid, hopefully anyway.

The one consistent with mooted end of season clearouts - is that they don't happen or are not as dramatic as people think. For starters someone has to actually want to buy them.

A couple of Centre backs, and a wide player who can cross, would make me feel a whole lot better for starters...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Pearson did more than get them promoted, before he joined they were a mess. He sorted the whole club out. And in getting them promoted he did so in style, getting over 100 points and scoring eighty plus goals, I think I'm right in saying that they had one of the best defensive records in the divisions too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 10:42 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 NoNews
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 10:43 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't know why people elsewhere are getting excited with the Ian Taylor tweet, as with Howard Hodgson's interview, he's just stating his opinion, rather than coming from a place of any real knowledge of what's actually happening. That said hopefully his opinion is right.
Thinking that if anyone was in the position to know a bit about what is going on it would be Tayls.

That maybe so, but with that tweet I think he's just stating his opinion rather than anything else. Hence the praying hands symbol that he added at the end of his sentence.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next