The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+65
Mark_bennett
Keyser Soze
Mr_Spadge
pcfbavfcoman
Perth villan
simbrenn
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
tonyp
Army villain
Alf T
The Utterer
lukevilla
AstonThriller
Kakacroom
UnclePanda
shanghaivilla
achilles
DelboyVilla
gaffer85
shaun87s
AVit
avfc85
South London Villan
KMitch
snakevilla
Dansvilla75
Wookster
Sky
Chrissylee1111
Barton82
Heisenberg
danclare82
tbarrules
Wriggle
Dgrizzle7
1Elliot
wiler
Boldfinger
Synopsis
Saunders82
avfcjoe
Peter
Dazzle
hawk190601
De Kuip
ember
Trotters
Suits
Cha Ching
andrew24561
HarryAVFC
ViewFromT2
Justice league
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
banneruk
BillytheKid
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
smetro
nickf21
rosco77
Andyh
DaveAV1
69 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Pulis would get us promoted and stable in the premier league. It might not be pretty but if we want pretty football with no results Martinez is available, I'd rather see us winning games by whatever means
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by UnclePanda Sun May 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Joppe84 wrote:What's Adkins doing?  

Gettting sacked by Sheff United in league 1. No thanks.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 15, 2016 12:21 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:What's Adkins doing?  

Gettting sacked by Sheff United in league 1. No thanks.

Sacked by Reading after Blues trounced them 6-1 then sacked by Sheffield United following their worst finish in 33 years.

No fucking chance!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 15, 2016 12:34 pm

achilles wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Just this second seen on twitter the Sun reckon we the Chinese want Pulis and Keith Wyness who used to be at Everton so at least the media still confident the takeover is done

Now I know why I don't use twitter, utter garbage! lol!

haha exactly it is entertaining sometimes although i would take Pulis for a couple of seasons as someone mentioned on here as Spam did with BFS and then upgrade from Pulis in a couple of years although that said the team would need rebuilding which would take years as Stoke are finding out with Hughes at Stoke changing a clubs mentality and playing style after years of Pulis is difficult BUT pissing off the Albion pinching there manager would be funny to see them bitch and moan AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 498107619
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun May 15, 2016 1:50 pm

I have lost count of how many managers the Sun have linked us with. I bloody hate that vile newspaper.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun May 15, 2016 2:08 pm

I was thinking last night about villa, one thing is certain, we have a huge task on our hands. The whole club is an absolute mess, big money has to be spent and the rot has to be cut out. The players that we have do not have the positivity or the drive to get us back. The new owners have to make a statement with their choice in manager and give him the funds to start again. Imagine how you would feel playing for the villa, the pride in putting on the top and running out to a roar at VP. All the players want is a weekly wage that is higher than most annual wages, they truly do not give a shit.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Sun May 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I was thinking last night about villa, one thing is certain, we have a huge task on our hands. The whole club is an absolute mess, big money has to be spent and the rot has to be cut out. The players that we have do not have the positivity or the drive to get us back. The new owners have to make a statement with their choice in manager and give him the funds to start again. Imagine how you would feel playing for the villa, the pride in putting on the top and running out to a roar at VP. All the players want is a weekly wage that is higher than most annual wages, they truly do not give a shit.
Agree with this. Any further news on new owners Crissylee?
hawk190601

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Want an impartial view on the financial mess and mismanagement;

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/aston-villa-this-house-is-circus.html
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun May 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I have just seen the line up, I literally want to choke black.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 15, 2016 2:33 pm

This is probably the best place to stick this for the moment:

I do apologise if you've noticed a little glitch here and there whilst browsing (especially if you're on a mobile device). I'm in the process of coding up a mobile-friendly version - you'll be able to view the full-sized version of the site on mobiles if you prefer) and I had to perform a very quick test.

Once I've got it looking and performing close to how I think it should look, I'll launch it and ask for your thoughts.

Until then, again, sorry if your page got a little funky!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 15, 2016 2:43 pm

South London Villan wrote:Want an impartial view on the financial mess and mismanagement;

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/aston-villa-this-house-is-circus.html

That article was discussed a while back. Cracking read though!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Trotters wrote:Think on it. Let's assume it's a decent sized Chinese company with a massive profile in their homeland and perhaps even a moderate one outside of mainland China.

Hollis announces them as the new owners today.

The world sport and business media all pile in to report on what they've spent £100m plus on....and most of it is watching Arsenal smash in 5 goals.

That's not a good start. And whilst they won't be associated with the faults of Lerner by the fans, that sort of media attention is a PR disaster.

Different story once the season is over. Give our last loss a couple of days to be forgotten about and any time after that I hope to see an announcement.

Can't see it myself. Weve had 2 years of reasons why it can't be announced, the one sticks is - it can't be announced because it isn't done.

Of all the lerner f ups - not implementing a business as usual plan, whilst takeover negotiations are happening is the most damaging. The season ends in a few hours and we will see the results of the 'leg work' or lack of it thats been going on behind the scenes......I'm not holding my breath !!!!!

Is the takeover just waiting to be rubber stamped ? - almost certainly no....
Is a manager in place and set to unveiled over the next few days - almost certainly no......

The reason everything is hold, ? - because some people or peoples have expressed an interest in *****MAYBE****** just, MAYBE, buying the club

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun May 15, 2016 3:03 pm

They have evacuated a stand at old Trafford, suspect package apparently
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Sun May 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Think nobody knows a thing only the people involved in the deal , think the press are just guessing away and 1 storey will be right and then they take the plaudits for handy guess work , you would image the deal or surely cut off period must be true and proberly the end of the month at latest , so if nothing happens by then I'd expect Pearson to be appointed , but hopefully next week we have an announcement
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 15, 2016 3:52 pm

There is a major concern, Lerner is one crafty media savy bastard so nothing better than letting the club go into discussions on a takeover and take the heat off the mess he has created here only to pull the plug at the end as he wants his money back and will ask for it from any buyer last in the day on the deal as before, I know this is not impossible with that slime ball and won't be shocked to see and hear Hollis ''unfortunately a deal couldn't be agreed and for the best interests of Aston Villa Mr Lerner has decided to carry on as custodian and will do everything in his power to ensure a swift return to the Premier League'', i can hear this already the bastard
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun May 15, 2016 3:57 pm

BillytheKid wrote:There is a major concern, Lerner is one crafty media savy bastard so nothing better than letting the club go into discussions on a takeover and take the heat off the mess he has created here only to pull the plug at the end as he wants his money back and will ask for it from any buyer last in the day on the deal as before, I know this is not impossible with that slime ball and won't be shocked to see  and hear Hollis ''unfortunately a deal couldn't be agreed and for the best interests of Aston Villa Mr Lerner has decided to carry on as custodian and will do everything in his power to ensure a swift return to the Premier League'', i can hear this already the bastard

I don't think Lerner would price himself out a deal - he's loosing £23m a year on us.

But knowing how he likes 'yes men' around him - you just wonder if anything other than mild interest is actually happening....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Sun May 15, 2016 4:30 pm

smetro wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:There is a major concern, Lerner is one crafty media savy bastard so nothing better than letting the club go into discussions on a takeover and take the heat off the mess he has created here only to pull the plug at the end as he wants his money back and will ask for it from any buyer last in the day on the deal as before, I know this is not impossible with that slime ball and won't be shocked to see  and hear Hollis ''unfortunately a deal couldn't be agreed and for the best interests of Aston Villa Mr Lerner has decided to carry on as custodian and will do everything in his power to ensure a swift return to the Premier League'', i can hear this already the bastard

I don't think Lerner would price himself out a deal - he's loosing £23m a year on us.

But knowing how he likes 'yes men' around him - you just wonder if anything other than mild interest is actually happening....

Could well be mate we can not trust the slimeball as far as we could throw him imo we have had hopes of ridding ourselves of him for years now and same outcome everytime ok he is losing £23million a year if he stays but doesn't the parachute payments count towards this? Also he will know the price of a playoff final place or immediate return to the Premier League, there is many concerns i have regards to Lerner physically selling our club just got this feeling we are being strung along and maybe as you mention he has his yes men doing his work for him as usual i mean what better way to take the sting out of supporters end of season run in already relegated and fans wrath on its way than to get your mate Hollis to say ''we are in extensive negotiations and a sale is happening soon'' fantastic way then Lerner has all summer for this to play out as long as he wants to fizzle the anger out as its end of season less publicity and fans protests.

I don't trust him one jot!
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun May 15, 2016 4:33 pm

I think it's fair to say little details of the deal have been getting leaked over the last week or so. Commoli? Di-Matteo? Wyness? And ALL of those names are linked with the Chinese group. The question is what would be the need for the press to dig up such random names if there was nothing in it? It doesn't make any sense to me.

If the Chinese are "major players" like Alan Nixon suggested the other day then those three names above make perfect sense. All have worked at the highest level in English football with vast experience to boot. Something our structure has been sorely lacking in recent years. I mean compare those three to Fox, Riley and Garde? Night and day.

The Mirror claimed the deal was "close" after the the prospective buyers were at the club last week. So it's just a matter of waiting to see what transpires in the coming days now. If nothing happens within the next two weeks then I'll be a little concerned tbh. What is clear though is Hollis has openly said talks are taking place and no manager will be brought in until a deal is concluded. So the more the managerial situation is delayed the better the prospect of a sale.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Barton82 Sun May 15, 2016 5:58 pm

Well we should hear who the new manager is in the next 14 days.......
Barton82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2016 6:04 pm

It was 6 weeks 5 weeks ago. So it should be max a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Hopefully we get some official news tomorrow. I've been checking the news constantly as it is, I'll probably be even worse now the season is over.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Sun May 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Right, now that shower of sh*te have taken to the field for the last time it's time we got our club back.
Move over Randy. Time to welcome.......
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Well Adil Ray, the guy who plays 'Citizen Khan' (I haven't watched it, but comedy show on the BBC) seems to think it's a done deal with the Chinese.

Adil Ray Verified account
‏@adilray

Adil Ray Retweeted Martin Compton

It's happening this week. Comolli in as tech director. Chief Exec position is the one they must get right tho.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun May 15, 2016 9:15 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
achilles wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Just this second seen on twitter the Sun reckon we the Chinese want Pulis and Keith Wyness who used to be at Everton so at least the media still confident the takeover is done

Now I know why I don't use twitter, utter garbage! lol!

haha exactly it is entertaining sometimes although i would take Pulis for a couple of seasons as someone mentioned on here as Spam did with BFS and then upgrade from Pulis in a couple of years although that said the team would need rebuilding which would take years as Stoke are finding out with Hughes at Stoke changing a clubs mentality and playing style after years of Pulis is difficult BUT pissing off the Albion pinching there manager would be funny to see them bitch and moan AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 498107619

You won't find many baggies bitching and moaning if we end up with 4CB Pulis, they'll be mostly pissing themselves laughing at us. Pulis does not fit with Villa, he'll destroy any youth in the squad, destroy any artistry in the squad, and we'd be no further forward. Not for me, not at all.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun May 15, 2016 9:24 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well Adil Ray, the guy who plays 'Citizen Khan' (I haven't watched it, but comedy show on the BBC) seems to think it's a done deal with the Chinese.

Adil Ray Verified account
‏@adilray

Adil Ray Retweeted Martin Compton

It's happening this week. Comolli in as tech director. Chief Exec position is the one they must get right tho.

Yep apparently he was in the directors box with Hollis and co today and he tweeted THIS and THIS about it. Looks like it really could be happening guys Dancing Banana .

The CEO part is interesting. Keith Wyness is the named linked HERE and he appears to have enjoyed a very decent spell during his time at Everton. Infact his wiki has this quote

Many in the Premier League and within clubs have said he was the best CEO of his era and were disappointed to see him go. In his five years, the average position of Everton was 6th and the turnover had doubled to approx £80m. In real terms, Everton (with their resources) should have been 10/12th
Link

So looking at it it would be Commoli handling the football side of things and Wyness handling the business side. Looks like a brilliant combination tbh. Although I must admit Nicola Cortese also appeals to me too after the great job he done at Southampton.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next