The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+65
Mark_bennett
Keyser Soze
Mr_Spadge
pcfbavfcoman
Perth villan
simbrenn
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
tonyp
Army villain
Alf T
The Utterer
lukevilla
AstonThriller
Kakacroom
UnclePanda
shanghaivilla
achilles
DelboyVilla
gaffer85
shaun87s
AVit
avfc85
South London Villan
KMitch
snakevilla
Dansvilla75
Wookster
Sky
Chrissylee1111
Barton82
Heisenberg
danclare82
tbarrules
Wriggle
Dgrizzle7
1Elliot
wiler
Boldfinger
Synopsis
Saunders82
avfcjoe
Peter
Dazzle
hawk190601
De Kuip
ember
Trotters
Suits
Cha Ching
andrew24561
HarryAVFC
ViewFromT2
Justice league
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
banneruk
BillytheKid
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
smetro
nickf21
rosco77
Andyh
DaveAV1
69 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:02 pm

In general I don't think Howard Hodgson is 'ITK'. The exception was last year when he was involved with one of the deals, but of course he couldn't say anything until the deal had collapsed. That said hope he's right saying, about Due Diligence.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AVit Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 pm

smetro wrote:
AVit wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:
The Utterer wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:So Howard Hodgson has just been on BBC WM saying "the Chinese group has done due diligence and Steve Hollis has been over to China to rubber stamp the deal". I know for sure he met with Hollis a few times so maybe that's where he's got it from? Let's hope so.

Did you hear this Aston Thriller? ...If so sounds promising. Nothing on his twitter feed mind

Yeah on the Franksy football phone-in. Will provide the link to the show when it's available.

It's available, just listened via the BBC iplayer radio app on my phone. I'm not sure how much he knows to be honest, From the way he spoke. Just doing what everyone does and puts bits together, albeit he might have a few more bits.

So its Howard Hodgson opinion rather than him stating fact.

Yeah all opinion, they talked about the betting and Di Matteo and Pearson as short favourites and HH said he wondered whether that was because they were 2 groups in contention one favouring one and one the other. He's definitely not heavily informed.
AVit

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 8:14 pm

It says that wyness geeza spoke like he didn't give a fock bout rangers when he was there

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Interview starts just before the two hours and eight minutes, mark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03t4lm4#play

It's definitely his take on the situation, rather than him stating facts. He only says going by the snippets it seems that Due Diligence has happened and Hollis has gone to China.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Mon May 16, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Sorry last post mistake

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon May 16, 2016 8:32 pm

There's some pathetic prat on VT claiming I "made up" what Howard said? People are free to go listen for themselves if they wish.

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

2. Hollis has been over to China to meet them

If that idiot cannot comprehend those sentences then that's not my fault.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:37 pm

He only says those things looked to have happened, he hasn't stated that they definitely have happened. The thing of Hollis going to China is just a rehash from the Shangahi rumour of last week, not sure why people are talking about that as if it's gospel.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice league Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 pm

AstonThriller wrote:There's some pathetic prat on VT claiming I "made up" what Howard said? People are free to go listen for themselves if they wish.

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

VT is a waist of space.

Just heard it myself agree with what you said. It is his view however he has extensive experience so he is worth listening to. I believe it is close not long now because you don't make trips around the world for no reason for a couple of days. Keep the faith
Justice league
Justice league

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Mon May 16, 2016 8:39 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:He only says those things looked to have happened, he hasn't stated that they definitely have happened. The thing of Hollis going to China is just a rehash from the Shangahi rumour of last week, not sure why people are talking about that as if it's gospel.

Maybe as Hollis said that directly to him?
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 pm

AstonThriller wrote:There's some pathetic prat on VT claiming I "made up" what Howard said? People are free to go listen for themselves if they wish.

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

To be fair, I don't think you have made it up - but the context in which in he said it is different from above.

He is asked his opinion on what's going on - and he says something like

"You hear snippets here and there" - then goes on to say say that those snippets are:-

Due diligence is done, the chairman has been over to meet them - he is only passing on what he has heard - he is not stating those as fact.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Justice league wrote:

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

VT is a waist of space.

Just heard it myself agree with what you said. It is his view however he has extensive experience so he is worth listening to. I believe it is close not long now because you don't make trips around the world for no reason for a couple of days. Keep the faith

Im really not sure Hollis went to china last week - it was never confirmed. It was a damn quick trip if he did - weds - to Fri - and there are rumours of him still being in Brum on thursday.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:47 pm

Suits wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:He only says those things looked to have happened, he hasn't stated that they definitely have happened. The thing of Hollis going to China is just a rehash from the Shangahi rumour of last week, not sure why people are talking about that as if it's gospel.

Maybe as Hollis said that directly to him?

If you listen to the audio, that doesn't seem to be the case. He's just giving his opinion based on the little snippets he's heard here and there. And by little snippets, he means the bits and pieces that we've all heard, such as the rumour from last week of Hollis going to China. Unfortunately he's as much in the dark as everybody else. He's not trying to come across as 'ITK', either, just giving his opinion.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:49 pm

smetro wrote:
Justice league wrote:

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

VT is a waist of space.

Im really not sure Hollis went to china last week - it was never confirmed. It was a damn quick trip if he did - weds - to Fri - and there are rumours of him still being in Brum on thursday.....

It was never confirmed that he went to China, but at the same time it hasn't been confirmed that he was at bodymoor heath on Friday, that in itself is rumour too.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Mon May 16, 2016 8:51 pm

He clearly says

1. Due diligence is done

To be fair I think he has just read your post as you saying it was HH saying it was a fact due diligence was done and a fact Hollis had gone to China. That his his gripe not the subject of the conversation, where as the reality is it was HH opinion, may be he has more info, maybe not but he didn't state it as a fact it has happened.
AVit

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Also seeing a lot of people presuming that if Wyness is involved that it might increase our chances of Moyes coming in as manager. But looking at a few Everton forums they seem to think that the two didn't get along. Don't know about that, could just be gossip, but shortly after Wyness left Everton, Moyes signed a contract extension.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Herro10

Herro, Herro...... Chrissyree, you still think it Larry Errison buy from Landy Rerner..........Herro?
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 pm

Just listened and hh doesnt have a clue. He was obv talking as we would do using bits of info in the press and said i dunno a few times so I wouldnt take that interview as gospel at all.
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon May 16, 2016 9:11 pm

4BetLite wrote:AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Herro10

Herro, Herro...... Chrissyree, you still think it Larry Errison buy from Landy Rerner..........Herro?

Easy boys lets not have a go at each other, Chrisseylee passed on info he was given in good faith, I did too, we don't want to make people think twice about passing stuff on. Myself whether its right or wrong info, I like the in depth chat about it, it makes for a great forum, either way it wont be long now before we ALL know the truth.AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917
Saunders82
Saunders82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon May 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Sounds like the bloke from Everton has ties to China in the past anyway.

IS his job does on the side of developing the stadium and training grounds etc ? I guess Comoli would do the transfers. If Moyes comes though I doubt Comoli will be coming
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 9:31 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Sounds like the bloke from Everton has ties to China in the past anyway.

IS his job does on the side of developing the stadium and training grounds etc ? I guess Comoli would do the transfers. If Moyes comes though I doubt Comoli will be coming

If we get comoli - I think we will be getting more of a 'head coach' than a manager - hence the RDM links

We could all be barking totally up the wrong tree and maybe this ex everton geezer and comoli are replacements for Bernstein and king.

Interesting snippet tonight about Lerner not allowing Mcleish to sign Joey Barton as he would present a bad image. I wonder if Lerner feels the same about Pearson, and in fact is RDM the back up plan if Lerner fails to sell the club ? -
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Saunders82 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Herro10

Easy boys lets not have a go at each other, Chrisseylee passed on info he was given in good faith, I did too, we don't want to make people think twice about passing stuff on. Myself whether its right or wrong info, I like the in depth chat about it, it makes for a great forum, either way it wont be long now before we ALL know the truth.AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917  

Totally agree with all you say mate, my post should NOT be read as a pop at anyone and I do not think in the slightest that anyone knows whether its a Chinese buyer or its Ellison or a another, it really is being kept top secret, me, narla, jimbop and mogwai put the screws on last week and no ones talking, I'm still hoping Chrissylee's contact is right, I want Larry, still do............

P.S...... I will be amazed if we haven't heard from Hollis by the weekend. He does communicate, fingers crossed, I wanna feel like a Leicester fan this time in 2 years.

Last edited by 4BetLite on Mon May 16, 2016 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 pm

If Lerner fails to sell, then we'd struggle to attract someone like Di Mateo. His last two jobs were Champions League clubs and he's more or less done a good job everywhere he's gone. I don't necessarily think he's the right fit for us, but I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he were to sign up. I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of Bruce and Mick.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 9:43 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:If Lerner fails to sell, then we'd struggle to attract someone like Di Mateo. His last two jobs were Champions League clubs and he's more or less done a good job everywhere he's gone. I don't necessarily think he's the right fit for us, but I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he were to sign up. I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of Bruce and Mick.

I think there is only Steve Mclaren I want less than RDM
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon May 16, 2016 9:45 pm

All coaching staff on standby to report to BMH as an announcment is imminent. Oooooh interesting. Could be in the morning
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 16, 2016 9:48 pm

NARLA24 wrote:All coaching staff on standby to report to BMH as an announcment is imminent. Oooooh interesting. Could be in the morning

what does that mean ?

Are they reporting to BMH or aren't they ? - I thought they would still be going into work this week .....for example who is assessing Lydens injury ?

Its probably the retained list, which I believe is due out tomorrow....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next