The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+65
Mark_bennett
Keyser Soze
Mr_Spadge
pcfbavfcoman
Perth villan
simbrenn
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
tonyp
Army villain
Alf T
The Utterer
lukevilla
AstonThriller
Kakacroom
UnclePanda
shanghaivilla
achilles
DelboyVilla
gaffer85
shaun87s
AVit
avfc85
South London Villan
KMitch
snakevilla
Dansvilla75
Wookster
Sky
Chrissylee1111
Barton82
Heisenberg
danclare82
tbarrules
Wriggle
Dgrizzle7
1Elliot
wiler
Boldfinger
Synopsis
Saunders82
avfcjoe
Peter
Dazzle
hawk190601
De Kuip
ember
Trotters
Suits
Cha Ching
andrew24561
HarryAVFC
ViewFromT2
Justice league
4BetLite
Villa_Dan
banneruk
BillytheKid
deadbuzzardalive
NARLA24
smetro
nickf21
rosco77
Andyh
DaveAV1
69 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by rosco77 Tue May 17, 2016 5:44 pm

The only one of those that has come about since Yeung being found out is Massimo Cellino. He is a nut job though. The others were around the time Yeung bought BCFC.

Just interested as I wonder if it's the legacy of it failing so badly with the likes of Yeung and Tan or if things have improved. If not then we may be in trouble. But we're in trouble now so it's a rock and a hard place until we know more.
rosco77
rosco77

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 17, 2016 5:54 pm

rosco77 wrote:The only one of those that has come about since Yeung being found out is Massimo Cellino. He is a nut job though. The others were around the time Yeung bought BCFC.

Just interested as I wonder if it's the legacy of it failing so badly with the likes of Yeung and Tan or if things have improved. If not then we may be in trouble. But we're in trouble now so it's a rock and a hard place until we know more.

without wishing to make an issue of it, yeung bought blues in 2007...Venkys and Vincent tan arrived 2010. by that time yeung was already proving himself fake
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Tue May 17, 2016 6:10 pm

No worries. My bad. I thought he got found out in 2014.
rosco77
rosco77

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 17, 2016 6:33 pm

Guys!!...Neil Moxely has spoken just now HERE Very Happy .

Great to see a journo refusing to hide and sticking to his word. Remember he's with the mirror who are adamant that the group behind the bid have the backing of the Chinese government so lets hope Neil is spot on.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Moxey was the first to mention Rui Kang.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Looks like Faulkner and Lerner, joining forces again.

http://qz.com/685221/this-is-the-age-at-which-brits-become-skeptical-of-the-eu/
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue May 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Cheers for the updates Thriller dude much appreciated as always keeping us up to date, it must be the Chinese government that ties in with Hollis mentioning the plans to be big andthe highest honours in Europe etc etc, YEAH CMON
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue May 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Hollis would have said that whoever was in for us, I don't think we should take it as an indication, that the interested parties are really powerful financially. The words mentioned were ambition and desire to get us challenging, you can have those things without money.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Tue May 17, 2016 8:19 pm

i don't think he would have mentioned the highest honours in Europe though mate there ain't half a difference with getting Villa to the top end of the English division than there is Europe's highest honours that means Champions League trophy ambition, i reckon we am getting a big hitter and Rui Kang is a front or misleading
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue May 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Itll be typical villa to be taken over by someone we know nothing about and hides all wealth
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_bennett Tue May 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Just seen this on Twitter from thetrees

https://twitter.com/thetrees80/status/732660513461637121
Mark_bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Tue May 17, 2016 9:19 pm

BillytheKid wrote:i don't think he would have mentioned the highest honours in Europe though mate there ain't half a difference with getting Villa to the top end of the English division than there is Europe's highest honours that means Champions League trophy ambition, i reckon we am getting a big hitter and Rui Kang is a front or misleading

I cant remember for certain but wasent it said in Hollises statement that they had the Passion commitment and desire to get the club challenging for the highest European honours?, Nothing about finances.

Everybody on this forum has the passion, commintment, desire to get Villa challenging for the European elite etc... so his statement rules nobody out really.

Personally believe the days of buying clubs to be bankrolled are long gone now, The so called big hitters are out.

My view is a takeover will happen, with moderate/good investment initially, I just hope whoever it is dosent get bored, if we dont get promoted at the first/2nd attempt.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Mark_bennett wrote:Just seen this on Twitter from thetrees

Now that I can believe. They would have interest in AVFC property and Brum development.

The chairman is worth slightly more than Lerner and the company has an annual income of the same number, roughly a billion.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue May 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Sold to some guy worth 41 million

I don't think so
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by wiler Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

he was worth 1.2B in 2007, maybe hes worth now?
wiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Mark_bennett wrote:Just seen this on Twitter from thetrees

Now that I can believe. They would have interest in AVFC property and Brum development.

The chairman is worth slightly more than Lerner and the company has an annual income of the same number, roughly a billion.

That looks likely to me too. The club has to become sustainable for the future. Dreams of an Elison type person are just that. I'd much rather see someone with passion and commitment and a plan take over the cub and make the most of the available asset - namely a football club and rising interest in China and the rest of Asia, plus buying at a more appropriate value - say £75m - which can also generate a financial value in the UK through promotion. Many thought Lerner with his wealth was the answer, he wasn't as he had no plan or idea of what to do other than throw money at various Villa projects for a couple of years. Then get shafted and lose interest.
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 17, 2016 9:37 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jimbop wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Jonny Gould ‏@jonnygould  3h3 hours ago
Adrian Bevington quitting his #avfc advisory role is a sign of impending takeover. Hold your breath, Aston Villa fans!

Now Johnny Gould I do trust!!

its BS, he said he was going at the end of the season, its now the end and hes gone, nothing to see there.

He stayed at the request of Hollis. All I would say is that why would his services be required until the end of the season....we were relegated weeks ago....our season was over then. What has he been advising on since then?

Pretty obvious Hollis wanted him around for some reason other than watching our bunch of retards every week.

I don't remember anything being made public at the time the other two left about Hollis asking Bevington to stay? People referring to it like it is fact...it was only made known with the release of the statement this morning.

The 'stay till the end of the season' comment for me translates to 'stay till the sale is agreed at the end of the season'.

Edit: Thinking about it....with the exception of Brian Little, there is now no football knowledge left on the board again. If a deal wasn't in place, would it not of made sense to ask Bevington to stay on? If a replacement was to be sourced for Bevington's role, you can bet your boots this statement would of mentioned it.

With Hollis not knowing too much about the footballing side of things, the Release and Renew list or whatever it's called that was mentioned by Alf was something I'll guess Hollis knew nothing of. I can only guess there are lots of little things like and as well as he general day to day running of the club, Hollis also has the sale to worry about, this branding bollocks, the new kit, agents probably calling in every day, etc

I'm surprised old Doug hasn't piped up to say he's taking a bit of a load off.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 17, 2016 9:45 pm

hawk190601 wrote:Just a thought but perhaps Rui Kang are acting as money changers for somebody else.  Quote below from bloomburg on how money gets out of China.

"So how do these volumes of cash get out when Chinese are limited by rules that allow them to convert only $50,000 per person a year?"

"The methods include China’s underground banks, transfers using Hong Kong money changers, carrying cash over borders and pooling the quotas of family and friends — a practice known as “smurfing.” The transfers exist in a gray area of cross-border legality: What’s perfectly legitimate in another country can contravene the law in Ch

Brilliant stuff, Hawk. The Rui Kang name makes sense now. No way are they buying the club and no way are they a "game changer". They're just the financial conduit.

The link from thetrees is more logical but given they have similar bank account sizes to Lerner, are they "game changers"? I think not.

Why would Hollis not only come out and confirm were in advanced talks but also say that the potential new owners could see us back fights with the elite of Europe if it's more of a sideways move than something stratospheric? The answer here is that they have addition government backing but if the govt has I'd that they'll wade in with financial assistance, why the need for Pappa Smurf to smuggle funds out of China?

If this plane that has just rocked up with Chnese people are here for anything, it's as Joppe says.....property and other business. Not football. Unless they're part of a larger consortium and have flown everyone in to keep a lower profile.

It's all rather a lot of fun!! bounce
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 17, 2016 9:50 pm

As for the Fit & Proper stuff, on the one hand I think that it could drag on as the FA will do a proper invistagtive job on the potential new owners of this club because they simply cannot be seen to have fucked up yet again.

So if the FA want to do the most thorough job they can, I don't image it'll be a quick turn-around.

But they seem very limited by their own questions that, to me, seem quite easy to get around if you were dodgy. The last person (I think) to fall foul of them simply didn't have the financial backing. Good luck proving what someone's finances are out of China if they don't want you to find them.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Well Alan Nixon has apparently had something to say about the potential new owners on his twitter tonight. Looks to be positive but his tweets are closed so if someone who follows him>>> @reluctantnicko <<< could give us the recap of what was said that would be great.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Tue May 17, 2016 10:10 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Well Alan Nixon has apparently had something to say about the potential new owners on his twitter tonight. Looks to be positive but his tweets are closed so if someone who follows him>>> @reluctantnicko  <<< could give us the recap of what was said that would be great.
he basically said the buyers are government backed and is not dodgey it's just like a grant , and will be a better financed than randy
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Kakacroom wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:Well Alan Nixon has apparently had something to say about the potential new owners on his twitter tonight. Looks to be positive but his tweets are closed so if someone who follows him>>> @reluctantnicko  <<< could give us the recap of what was said that would be great.
he basically said the buyers are government backed and is not dodgey it's just like a grant , and will be a better financed than randy

Cheers pal AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 30 3769219917
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue May 17, 2016 10:54 pm

Two articles out tonight from the Express HERE and the Daily Star HERE

The new development is the line about "sources close to the club". I know journo's can be sneaky with such lines but if the club are telling them it's "days away" then there's real reason to be optimistic.

What's clear is the Di-Matteo/Commoli link isn't going away and this is what makes me very hopeful because we simply couldn't be able to attract those figures without serious money imo. Remember Di-Matteo's last two clubs have been high profile and in the champions league. Same thing with Commoli so for them to come to a championship club speaks volumes to about the pull the potential new owners must have.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 17, 2016 11:12 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Two articles out tonight from the Express HERE and the Daily Star HERE

The new development is the line about "sources close to the club". I know journo's can be sneaky with such lines but if the club are telling them it's "days away" then there's real reason to be optimistic.

What's clear is the Di-Matteo/Commoli link isn't going away and this is what makes me very hopeful because we simply couldn't be able to attract those figures without serious money imo. Remember Di-Matteo's last two clubs have been high profile and in the champions league. Same thing with Commoli so for them to come to a championship club speaks volumes to about the pull the potential new owners must have.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Two articles out tonight from the Express HERE and the Daily Star HERE

I will pretty tell you here and now RDM will prove a disastrous appointment for us. I find it incredible that a club stupid enough to appoint Remi Garde over Sam Allardyce - Now look to appoint RDM , Over Moyes, Pearson and a whole host of more suitable managers.

Sure hes managed (briefy) big european clubs - and Won CL with Chelsea - but the skills used there are far removed from those required to overhaul a sleeping giant in decline. RDM to me would either demonstrate a massive misunderstanding of the task at hand or maybe Comoli doesn't wasn't anybody to robust below him - in essence he will be more head coach than the strong manager so obviously required.

I support Aston Villa, not any manager or other - but on a value for money basis theres no way I could justify £800 for two season tickets - when the club is repeating all the mistakes of the previous season in a division below.

Last edited by smetro on Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next