The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+68
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
Fpuppys
CoE82
Cha Ching
TheVillansOfAston
brummieboy
VillaSteve
Barabass
Lammypaul
Jae1411
Kakacroom
mikethevillain
Army villain
Wriggle
Trysullvilla
mark_draper
forest jack
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
AstonThriller
HarryAVFC
BillytheKid
lukevilla
De Kuip
Alf T
mefromhere
Rawlie
1Elliot
danclare82
andrew24561
Boldfinger
villajk
Wookster
banneruk
WendyOz
Con
jeffvilla
NARLA24
gdav
bruka
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
Robbo
VillaBill
tonyp
Thinman
Leafs1201
Stratfordvilla
Saunders82
avfc85
avfc forever
Synopsis
Dgrizzle7
KMitch
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
Trotters
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
achilles
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
ember
4BetLite
The Utterer
Dazzle
smetro
72 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who Will be the Next Villa Manager

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap15%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap26%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_lcap43%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 am

Trotters wrote:
Moyes just doesn't float my boat and, whilst this might make me some kind of -ist, his eyes freak me right out!

Optometrist?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Trotters Fri May 06, 2016 8:33 am

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 693198913
Trotters
Trotters

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 am

ember wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:So just to recap. You're not allowed to be a "phobe" or an "ist" and if you're a "phobeist" you should be shunned by modern society.

Not quite, it only applies if you are a First World Caucasian, heterosexual male. With added opprobrium points if you are omnivorous, working class, politically right-of-centre and an alcohol drinking smoker.

So what you're saying is, nah proofters.
DaveAV1

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 am

Oh no! What have I said????? Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 226846862
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri May 06, 2016 8:53 am

Thanks for the million ant offer Narla. If you mean those hard working, super strong, incredibly organised little fellas then I'll take 'em, they'll run rings round our lot. If it's a million of that Geordie bloke who knocks about with his mate Dec, sorry mate no, he's too small to make a footballer......
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri May 06, 2016 9:41 am

To me all of the managers have pros and con's. Given we are racking up £27m PA - losses - I wouldn't be in a hurry to pay compensation when two managers Moyes and Pearson are out of work.
Moyes I don't believe is interested - which leaves Pearson as the default choice - which is roughly where we are at.

There is Rumour though - that the Cut off point for the new manager is the end of June - not the end of May as reported - so we may well miss out  on Pearson.

Last edited by smetro on Fri May 06, 2016 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri May 06, 2016 10:10 am

smetro wrote:To me all of the managers have pros and con's. Given we are racking up £27m PA - losses - I wouldn't be in a harry to pay compensation when two managers Moyes and Pearson are out of work.
Moyes I don't believe is interested - which leaves Pearson as the default choice - which is roughly where we are at.

There is Rumour though - that the Cut off point for the new manager is the end of June - not the end of May as reported - so we may well miss out  on Pearson.

You don't quote a year! lol!
achilles
achilles

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri May 06, 2016 10:12 am

when you say you wouldnt be in a harry does that mean you may well be in someone else just definately not harry.
lol!
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm

I had the weirdest dream last night (no we didn't win a game - Im not that weird !)

Pearson was unveiled as our manager - and he was pictured with an enormous pie ? - maybe Fray Bentos are buying us.....?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri May 06, 2016 12:50 pm

More like pukka pies Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Spoke to a mate at football tonight. Mad Leicester fan. Bless him....He wears his top with pride now. Lol.

Loves Pearson and said we'd do well with him.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri May 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Lets be honest, if you were the nailed on next manager and they said to you do you fancy trying to get a result out of this bunch as they are would you give it a go?

You wouldn't would you. You'd take a step back and say lets get rid of whats not wanted and get a positive attitude inside their heads.

I cant see an appointment till this season is as dead as this Villas premiership campaign
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 06, 2016 10:20 pm

The thing i remember about Pearson is he did a good job at Leicester and they sacked him and reappointed him after realising they become super shit and then Pearson sorted them out, this is either true or i may becoming a fantasist that fantasises about managers being sacked and reappointed

#strangedaysindeed
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sat May 07, 2016 12:18 am

The simple fact is, the nations favourite dish at the moment is humble pie, eaten by the legions of people, me included, who were at the very least underwhelmed by Leicester's appointment of Claudio Ranieri. To a large extent, getting the right manager is a guessing game with fingers crossed that all the stars line up right at he right time.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat May 07, 2016 1:15 am

I think you've got a man who seems to be quiet, considered and humble managing a Chelsea side full of absolute sugarbags with massive egos, huge player-power and a real "I do what the fuck I want" attitude. A bloke like Rainieri isn't going to be able to control that.

That takes an Alex Ferguson type who has won everything as a manager, who has proved himself, who has made his money and who has the power to be able to take one of the stars of the team, throw a boot or a cup of tea at him, call him all manner of names and kick him out the door.

However, Rainieri at Leicester is now managing a team of nobodies and unwanted's who have a brilliant work ethic, want to learn and are hungry to prove themselves. At a place like that, he's far far more likely to succeed.

You've got to match your manager to the environment....a tricky business. I thought we might have got it right with Sherwood; a bloke who could simultaneously motivate and bollock but when, as we now know, he had absolutely no power to even pick his own players, then he was doomed to failure.

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 Empty MOYES MUST GO

Post by Alf T Sat May 07, 2016 6:32 am

MOYES MUST GO

...from our choices.

How on Earth our we going to rent an aeroplane to drag that Infamous Banner around VP ?
Not twice, but three times !

Laughing

What is Moyes' CV ?

Failed Promotion,,,but was a cheap shot for Everton.
Mid table and flirting with Europe...then the downgrade.

All the while he became the HIGHEST PAID employee at both PNE [failed] and then Everton [mediocre].
At man Utd, this "safe pair of hands" was out of his depth, and his wages were even dwarfed by little known players.
{Failed}
Off abroad...HIGHEST PAID EMPLOYEE...[Failed]

What on earth is GOOD about him?
He is a Mediocre... Average.. Scottish Manager.

No inspiration and really no track-record of worth.

I think that kids want him, soley because of where he's been...they think that's great...but don't inspect the CV.

Kids do that on Football Manager.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Moyes...No thanks.
Alf T
Alf T

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat May 07, 2016 9:20 am

Alf T wrote:MOYES MUST GO

...from our choices.

How on Earth our we going to rent an aeroplane to drag that Infamous Banner around VP ?
Not twice, but three times !

Laughing

What is Moyes' CV ?

Failed Promotion,,,but was a cheap shot for Everton.
Mid table and flirting with Europe...then the downgrade.

All the while he became the HIGHEST PAID employee at both PNE [failed] and then Everton [mediocre].
At man Utd, this "safe pair of hands" was out of his depth, and his wages were even  dwarfed by little known players.
{Failed}
Off abroad...HIGHEST PAID EMPLOYEE...[Failed]

What on earth is GOOD about him?
He is a Mediocre... Average..  Scottish Manager.

No inspiration and really no track-record of worth.

I think that kids want him, soley because of where he's been...they think that's great...but don't  inspect the CV.

Kids do that on Football Manager.

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Moyes...No thanks.

Martinez is doing worse at Everton with a better squad, Moyes was stitched up by his Scottish ego maniac friend and given the keys to a Ferrari with a knackered engine and worn tyres that was Man U (currently doing no better then with Moyes with 250m spent under LVG) and as for the Spanish episode, no manager on this earth could save them.

Villa needs to be steadied and a very experienced level headed manager is required to get us back on track, not sure who is better qualified and readily available with n compensation then Moyes, I'd like to meet a better, more realistic candidate.

All that said, if we get mega owners, Moyes can get lost, I want better Laughing

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 08, 2016 2:12 am

Five reasons Villa must avoid Pearson. This article is a joke! It states his win percentage (which is better than any of our last half a dozen managers). It says he's never managed a big club then goes on to list the big clubs he's managed.

An utterly bizarre piece of dribble.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/aston-villa/five-reasons-aston-villa-must-avoid-this-potential-new-manager#gallery_viewer
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun May 08, 2016 3:00 am

that article is a joke! but i dont want Pearson tbh think the media are over rating him based on how well Leicester done this season but will support him if he becomes our next manager!
lukevilla

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 9:03 am

Trotters wrote:
Five reasons Villa must avoid Pearson. This article is a joke! It states his win percentage (which is better than any of our last half a dozen managers). It says he's never managed a big club then goes on to list the big clubs he's managed.

An utterly bizarre piece of dribble.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/aston-villa/five-reasons-aston-villa-must-avoid-this-potential-new-manager#gallery_viewer

I don't bother reading articles that has more commercials than actual sentences. Sure sign of it not being worth my time.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun May 08, 2016 12:55 pm

I haven't read it either Joppe, but from the headline it sounds just the same as an article in The Metro a few weeks ago. I might change careers and become a journalist, I can copy and paste with the best of them!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Me too. I can copy and paste with the best of them!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 11:14 am

I've not been very keen on Pearson and I think most here know it.

I just wanted to say that if I can avoid Bruce and Eric Black I will gladly approve of getting Pearson.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon May 09, 2016 11:35 am

Oh come on Joppe don't wimp out of the fight now? The sharks will be attracted by the smell of blood? You will be out buying cases of beer next?

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 2881341339
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon May 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Not sure if anyone has already posted this, but, would Francesco Guidolin be worth a punt if Swans let him go and he'd be willing to drop to the Champ?

He's taken Swans from 18th to 11th and just done the Hammers 4-1. Apparently now his English is much improved, he's really communicating well with the players and getting a good response in return.

Probably not a realistic suggestion but just thought I'd sling it out there........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 22 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next