The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+68
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
Fpuppys
CoE82
Cha Ching
TheVillansOfAston
brummieboy
VillaSteve
Barabass
Lammypaul
Jae1411
Kakacroom
mikethevillain
Army villain
Wriggle
Trysullvilla
mark_draper
forest jack
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
AstonThriller
HarryAVFC
BillytheKid
lukevilla
De Kuip
Alf T
mefromhere
Rawlie
1Elliot
danclare82
andrew24561
Boldfinger
villajk
Wookster
banneruk
WendyOz
Con
jeffvilla
NARLA24
gdav
bruka
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
Robbo
VillaBill
tonyp
Thinman
Leafs1201
Stratfordvilla
Saunders82
avfc85
avfc forever
Synopsis
Dgrizzle7
KMitch
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
Trotters
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
achilles
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
ember
4BetLite
The Utterer
Dazzle
smetro
72 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who Will be the Next Villa Manager

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap15%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap26%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_lcap43%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by smetro Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Bottom line for me is Pearson much more likley to get us promoted than the other manager touted as a candidate. ?
If we are looking purely at a guy to get us promoted, they all have pluses and minuses.
smetro
smetro

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:45 pm

I don't think he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:12 pm

I'm also struggling to see why people paint Pearson in such a poor light. Ok Joppe you rightly said players doing well rarely criticise anything. However you've been very vocal saying that Leicester were rubbish for most of last season. So why didn't we hear any moaning then? I personally don't think they were rubbish. Like many promoted teams they struggled to get up to speed and do enough to win games. However they remained competitive and played decent football without getting results. Once they started to get some wins the momentum took them on and on.

I've looked at Pearson's cv and his teams often go on long winning/none loosing streaks, so it's not a one off. I know there are people who don't like him and that's their perogative. However the dislike seems to come from some idea about his personal nature and not much to do with football. He stands up to the press and looks like he won't be a pushover in the dressing room either, whilst remaining popular with the players. As has been mentioned above, he's no more a bully the Ferguson, Mouriniho or even our very own Ron Saunders. If he bullies the kids and Doris the tea lady then that's not acceptable, but if he kicks Flabby and his useless mates up the arse then I like the bloke already. And by the way, there's no evidence he has bullied anyone.

I share some peoples concern about back room staff, but I think that depends on the manager. Brian Little was better with Alun Evans and John Gregory, Cloughie always had Peter Taylor. However, Fergie had loads of different assistants and I have no idea who is Wenger or Mourinio's no.2. Horses for courses I guess.

If it's Nigel Pearson that's fine by me. Up The Villa!!!
DaveAV1

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:32 pm

I hope it is Pearson, he got Leicester promoted & even though they struggled until their phenomenal survival push, Leicester were always competitive even when losing.

He certainly knows how to set up a defence & build a squad on a limited budget, we will need a lot of surgery in the summer & whoever comes in hopefully will hit the ground running.

UTV !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:01 pm

I think we will be a league 1 side if we appoint Pearson. Massive massive appointment and if we get Pearson instead of Rowett I think we're done. Forest mk2

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Id support Villa whoever becomes manager. But I wont be happy with Pearson.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I've listed why I don't want Pearson but if we did appoint him then I'd give him the chance I give every manager
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I think we will be a league 1 side if we appoint Pearson.  Massive massive appointment and if we get Pearson instead of Rowett I think we're done. Forest mk2

We've already got Forest mk2 written all over us. Or Leeds mk2. This season in the last few weeks we have heard a number of pundits say that Villa are such a mess they wouldn't be surprised if they dropped again next season. How many times have you heard pundits say that about any premiership team getting relegated before? I can't remember hearing pundits talk about a club like that before. So we are clearly viewed as an accident waiting to happen, no surprise to anyone if it happened. My opinion is that of all the potential managers being touted Pearson is the best option, in terms of both getting out of the championship and creating a decent Premiership side. If any manager is to have any hope of achieving relative success then he will need decision making and support from above to be much improved than it has been for the last near decade. If that direction from above remains as it has been then the next incumbent is doomed to the same fate as the previous few managers.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Spot on Dazzle. Although I do recall reading an article about Newcastle, when they last went down, saying that they could keep dropping, but they came back up easily. So there's that straw to cling to :).
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:14 am

Leafs1201 wrote:Yeah I'm certainly warming to the idea of Pearson sorting out these overpaid useless sugarbags, we'll certainly see some decent work rate from the players that's for sure.

I'm hoping that most of them will be some other clubs problem to sort out.
Trotters
Trotters

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:51 am

Joppe84 wrote:I think we will be a league 1 side if we appoint Pearson.  Massive massive appointment and if we get Pearson instead of Rowett I think we're done. Forest mk2

Christ, you're a bundle of fun. Aren't the days becoming longer over the Fjords? I think we have gathered you're not impressed with Pearson. However, you, like everyone else, has an opinion. Which is great... except when it appears after every post that may praise Pearson in some manner.

We get it... you don't like him, don't want him and will consider the team you support if he becomes manager. Shall we move on now?
Rawlie
Rawlie

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:13 am

Did I mention I don't rate Pearson?

Rowett!

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:14 am

I would prefer Rowett , but if it Pearson,,,,, got to except. I would trust Brian Little to make the right appointment
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:31 am

I’m not convinced Pearson is the reason Leicester are where they are currently.

It’s all good being competitive but losing games was what resulted in them almost getting relegated last season.

Has Claudio Ranieri not contributed to their current success?

As said before I’ll support any manager at the club.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:15 am

Just hope something happens next week to get this train wreck back on track!
achilles
achilles

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 am

My huge gripe with going for Pearson is the fact that it's just a small time way of hoping to emulate Leicester. They need to stop these ridiculous attempts of emulating clubs and rather focus on building a club on what AVFC traditionally have been strong on. English players, counter-attacking footy and bring in youth. First obvious start would be to bring in Rowett.

So sick and tired of hearing them wanting to emulate Southampton or Arsenal and now feckin Leicester. Gotta find our own way in this mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 am

Joppe84 completely agree with you we should build from the youth and play the way ASTON VILLA play we do not want to emulate other clubs.

Thought firstly  Pearson but with the excellent job Rowlett did at Burton with little money I am being swayed towards him. Oh and all the post that just say Rowlett.  Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

No manager comes with a guarantee of success - at the moment I think I'd rather minimise the gamble & look at their record rather than their long-term potential. Now that I have a bit more confidence in the board, I just want a manager to get the squad back to basics & get us out of the Championship.

Then, if that manager has reached a level & can't move us on up the PL, we'll have the "luxury" of being a bit more choosey again.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 pm

It's not case of trying to emulate any other clubs, it's simply obtaining the best possible man and negating as much risk as is possible whilst being realistic of the market you are currently shopping in. If I think the board have made one mistake it is by stating that the next manager must be English, I'm not sure why they boxed themselves in with that statement. Whoever the next man is, I merely hope he has a board behind him that is both effective and supportive.
If people are looking for links and to join up dots, then you might not look any further than Simon Grayson, who was signed by Brian Little twice (I think?!) and hasn't performed too badly as a manager.
It's been said before, but this summer is the most crucial for Aston Villa in decades. Not only do they have to appoint a manager, they then have to shift an awful lot of dead weight players and recruit a good number of new players and make a team........a team capable of getting back into the premiership! Good luck to whoever the new man might be, he'll need some backbone!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:48 pm

I've not heard/read the exact quote but I wonder if this "must be English & have experience of both leagues" is about preparing us for an appointment that they've already sounded out.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Pearson is not in my top 3 choices, however, his stock rises slightly for me if its true that Chris Powell will come in too, it might just be a masterstroke Cloughie/Taylor thing that just works. I will support him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

One thing is for sure though, I will sleep well knowing that if any of these two bit so called bigshot muppet asswipe players stay on, they will be scared shitless on a daily basis. Hooray to that atleast.

UTV

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 pm

I was happy to give Houlier, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde a chance. Turns out I was wrong. So whoever it is, I'd like to make it very clear from the start he's a total wanker and I for one want him out.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:01 am

Rowett!

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 am

article is one for the Pearson fans...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/14/six-reasons-why-nigel-pearson-is-completely-wrong-for-aston-villa-5817465/

having read it I'm not so sure.

however, towards the end he says he might be the right short term if we want someone to go in and kick some ass for a year.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 12 Latest10
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next