The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New Chairman?

+25
Sky
Villa_Dan
Jo64
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
4BetLite
NARLA24
Trotters
jeffvilla
banneruk
The Utterer
KMitch
DaveAV1
Coseley Villa
Synopsis
prmort
Jae1411
villajk
avfc85
EbeneezerGoode
Terry Derry
Barton82
Thinman
rosco77
29 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Chairman? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Chairman?

Post by Synopsis Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:33 pm

another non footballing person to ignore the footballing side of what used to be a football club, not sure what it is anymore
Synopsis
Synopsis

New Chairman? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:36 pm

In his statement he has said that football is no longer about money. He also added that RL has backed the club financially over the years, no more so than last year! He gave us the money from Benteke and Snake plus maybe some loose change. I hope I'm wrong but he's just another money man to squeeze us dry with zero football knowledge. Lerner has just found someone of similar nature to himself to do his dirty work. Pathetic!!!!
DaveAV1

New Chairman? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Steve fucking who????
We are fucked.
NARLA24
NARLA24

New Chairman? - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:47 pm

It just shows the utter contempt the hierarchy has for the fans with this absolutely pathetic appointment, they don't give a shit!
achilles
achilles

New Chairman? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:54 pm

achilles wrote:It just shows the utter contempt the hierarchy has for the fans with this absolutely pathetic appointment, they don't give a shit!
I am really struggling to get my head round this appointment. I mean what the actual fuck are they thinking about, seriously ? Where is this guy from and what is his history, anyone know ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
achilles wrote:It just shows the utter contempt the hierarchy has for the fans with this absolutely pathetic appointment, they don't give a shit!
I am really struggling to get my head round this appointment. I mean what the actual fuck are they thinking about, seriously ? Where is this guy from and what is his history, anyone know ?

He's a Man City supporting accountant. 🤦
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:14 pm

From Lerners Statement on the appointment:

"Steve has taken the last six weeks to become familiar with the deeply serious predicament in which the Club has found itself and has my total support to address the issues we face."

If it took 6 weeks for this guy to see how far in the shit this club is then its pretty clear he is not what we need.

He has Lerners total support, as long as it doesn't involve him spending any time, effort or money to fix.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:15 pm

evidently, no seriously experienced football man would come in and work for Randy and the constraints that would be imposed.

Hollis will be using us, much like ex famous people desperate for the limelight do when signing up for celeb big brother, he'll get his 15 minutes and fail obviously, but heh, it cant be any worse, so lets get behind him and cross our fingers.

Would expect a flurry of deals to happen swiftly, work must have been done behind the scenes waiting to be put through so he can have something positive to speak about.

Erm........... UTV I GUESS.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:16 pm

NARLA24 wrote:

"We anticipate that Steve will give us additional reach within local business circles as well among government and quasi-government organisations. Steve has consistently demonstrated his commitment to Birmingham not only in his private commercial roles but also recently as deputy chair of the LEP and chair of the Birmingham Met"

Is Birmingham Met not the college that used to be Matthew Boulton and had to lay off over 250 staff last year?
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Calming down a bit now and I just think that it is just so Lerner can distance himself further from the club.
Is he still selling, who knows anymore?

Everybody knows the club is a total mess and even Lerner admits this in his statement:

Lerner said: "That Aston Villa can and should operate in a far more stable and on a far more successful level, both in terms of football as well as commercially, is plainly clear. It is similarly clear that this great club has not been on stable footing for at least five years."

Why Lerner has left it for 5 years before doing something about it... answers on a postcard!

The bottom line is we have to give Steve Hollis a chance, he doesn't inspire me but no accountants would especially having worked for KPMG!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:27 pm

1+1=2, 2+2=4, 3=3+6..... Lerner - "OK OK OK, sums scmums, your good, you got the job already"
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:34 pm

is it just me or did anyone else catch this statement from Fox '' He understands that significant progress has been made at the Club over the past year, both at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath ''

seriously i mean fucking seriously , what have we become , i give up, truly give the fuck up
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:is it just me or did anyone else catch this statement from Fox ''  He understands that significant progress has been made at the Club over the past year, both at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath ''

seriously i mean fucking seriously , what have we become , i give up,  truly give the fuck up

We all know that Fox talks crap and this is just him covering his backside!
'Significant progress', give me a break!
However it is in line with the utter crap that comes out of Villa Park nowadays!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:49 pm

I doubt we will make any significant signings now, that could actually make a difference. Lerner has basically written us off as a loss. Appointing a chairman just distances himself from the responsibility. He's admitted we've been unstable for over 5 years, but he's just shrugged his shoulders now. He doesn't need the money so is under no pressure to sell. In another few months he will have forgotten all about us, and it will all just seem like a bad dream to him.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:56 pm

A muppet and total yes man. We need to pile pressure on Lerner. We won't achieve dick as along as that man is spreading his sickness all over this club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Massively fucking annoyed at such a pointless appointment. I seriously hope Lerner suffers some form of debilitating injury so the ownership can pass to his mum and sister who would have us fixed up and off their books in weeks. 

I mean this in every way - Lerner is a cnut
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

New Chairman? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:is it just me or did anyone else catch this statement from Fox ''  He understands that significant progress has been made at the Club over the past year, both at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath ''

seriously i mean fucking seriously , what have we become , i give up,  truly give the fuck up

I couldn't get my breath reading that. I was going through the article waiting for the bit about his extensive experience in football when, instead, I read "When Randy approached me last November, chairing one of the UK's best known football clubs was not, quite frankly, on my list of possible opportunities.".

Well fucking said! That's some fantastic inspirational shit right there!

What a fucking stain on football we have become.
Trotters
Trotters

New Chairman? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:44 pm

achilles wrote:

We all know that Fox talks crap and this is just him covering his backside!
'Significant progress', give me a break!
However it is in line with the utter crap that comes out of Villa Park nowadays!

Maybe Im being to hopeful - but Lerners statement 'He appreciates the mess we are in' is a recognition that Fox hasn't got grips with the problems at villa.

Cruicially we need someone who knows what they are doing appointing managers - I still don't see such a figure at VP.

smetro
smetro

New Chairman? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:55 pm

What is the point of this appointment? Is Lerner just shifting the blame to someone else now? He was a hands off chairman who made bad appointments, now he just is a hands off owner of a poor investment. I'm so lost here.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Wow! Very underwhelming isn't it! I am beginning to wonder if Lerner sees himself as some kind of twisted modern day Robin Hood? like a white knight who sweeps in and finds an uncut diamond working away in a local business being unappreciated by his bosses and so promotes him to this fantastical position beyond his wildest dreams. He seems to get some kind of buzz by doing this, he did it with Faulkner, Fox and now the new Chairman. Problem is they are way out of their depth and have a profound impact on the continued downward spiral of this club...but that seems to be of no real concern to Lerner.

Edit: I mean this in no way as a doubt on the new man, i have never heard of him and absolutely wish him all the best, it's just there is a pattern emerging here. confused
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:26 pm

From the Daily Mail:

"Steven Hollis has a wealth of experience within the professional and financial sector having had an illustrious career at KPMG spanning 30 years.

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services - where Hollis was one of the firm's senior partners.

Hollis is also chairman to SORBUS' advisory board who aim to offer the best comprehensive wealth management service to a discrete number of families."

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:30 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:From the Daily Mail:

"Steven Hollis has a wealth of experience within the professional and financial sector having had an illustrious career at KPMG spanning 30 years.

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services - where Hollis was one of the firm's senior partners.

Hollis is also chairman to SORBUS' advisory board who aim to offer the best comprehensive wealth management service to a discrete number of families."

So he has come in to figure out how to get Lerner a shit load of cash ? Or is it just me reading into that ?Or seriously cook some books!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:33 pm

NARLA24 wrote:

So he has come in to figure out how to get Lerner a shit load of cash ? Or is it just me reading into that ?Or seriously cook some books!!!!

No idea mate...but my hunch is that he won't be around for long!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Exactly why I don't have any time for him really!
I know I am categorising him but I have met so many arseholes like this over my lifetime to actively avoid them like the plague!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:36 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

No idea mate...but my hunch is that he won't be around for long!
My feelings are the same mate. I smell a rat with this
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next