The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New Chairman?

+25
Sky
Villa_Dan
Jo64
smetro
Dions_Bald_Head
achilles
4BetLite
NARLA24
Trotters
jeffvilla
banneruk
The Utterer
KMitch
DaveAV1
Coseley Villa
Synopsis
prmort
Jae1411
villajk
avfc85
EbeneezerGoode
Terry Derry
Barton82
Thinman
rosco77
29 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Chairman? - Page 5 Empty Re: New Chairman?

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:45 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:From the Daily Mail:

"Steven Hollis has a wealth of experience within the professional and financial sector having had an illustrious career at KPMG spanning 30 years.

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services - where Hollis was one of the firm's senior partners.

Hollis is also chairman to SORBUS' advisory board who aim to offer the best comprehensive wealth management service to a discrete number of families."

So he has come in to figure out how to get Lerner a shit load of cash ? Or is it just me reading into that ?Or seriously cook some books!!!!

No idea mate...but my hunch is that he won't be around for long!
My feelings are the same mate. I smell a rat with this

I just read on twitter that he has "experience of takeovers". It was written as a quote but no reference!

Trying to be positive for a minute....let's suppose he is a top drawer business man...and by all accounts he is. The fact he has no knowledge of the game shouldn't matter....most chairman have no idea what is happening at the coal face.
A top businessman/chairman will appoint the right people to do the leg work. Perhaps his lack of football experience could be a blessing in that respect?
If he wants to maximise our assets and increase our revenue...we know as fans there is only one way for that to happen long term....get a good team out on the pitch, challenging for trophies......let's hope he sees that picture sooner rather than later....and let's hope he sees value in speculating to accumulate.

At the end of the day he has replaced Lerner as chairman. We are already better off as Lerner isn't any good at anything. No business acumen whatsoever....at least this guy has that feather in his cap!

Last edited by ViewFromT2 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

New Chairman? - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:46 pm

He is not the new chairman...He is the new fucking gardener lol!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbus
And a fecking Estate Agent...Oh dear lol!
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/B77/Sorbus.html
NARLA24
NARLA24

New Chairman? - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:55 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

"Steven Hollis has a wealth of experience within the professional and financial sector having had an illustrious career at KPMG spanning 30 years.

KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services - where Hollis was one of the firm's senior partners.

Hollis is also chairman to SORBUS' advisory board who aim to offer the best comprehensive wealth management service to a discrete number of families."

So he has come in to figure out how to get Lerner a shit load of cash ? Or is it just me reading into that ?Or seriously cook some books!!!!

Perhaps he has come in to sort out the supposed 'negative due diligence' over the supposed takeovers?
achilles
achilles

New Chairman? - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:57 pm

achilles wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Perhaps he has come in to sort out the supposed 'negative due diligence' over the supposed takeovers?
That would be nice
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Interesting point that according to Lerner all that has been missing for the last 5 years of ineptitude is an accountant! New Chairman? - Page 5 1662365926
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:39 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Here's my take on it - failing clubs appoint administrators to get their house in order and get a sale done, administrators tend to be the Big 4 - EY, PWC, Deloitte, and....KPMG. 

I feel like this guy is Lerner appointing an administrator to get us sold without 1. paying one of the Big 4, and 2. without us actually being in administration.

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

New Chairman? - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Here's my take on it - failing clubs appoint administrators to get their house in order and get a sale down, administrators tend to be the Big 4 - EY, PWC, Deloitte, and....KPMG. 

I feel like this guy is Lerner appointing an administrator to get us sold without 1. paying one of the Big 4, and 2. without us actually being in administration.

I like it Dan, but altogether way too intelligent and sophisticated thinking for dipshit IMO
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Is Steve Hollis our Nicola Cortese? Gets us a takeover and then sorts the club out????
banneruk

New Chairman? - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Here's my take on it - failing clubs appoint administrators to get their house in order and get a sale done, administrators tend to be the Big 4 - EY, PWC, Deloitte, and....KPMG. 

Distinct possibility but that paints an awful and depressing picture of Aston Villa appointing a potential 'administrator' to oversee the carcass of Aston Villa!!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Just catching up with all this - I agree with the likes of smetro, ViewFromT2 & co who suggest that this guy is the dentist to do some painful root canal work. This maybe with a sale in mind but either way it's because we desperatly need it. We can't keep moaning about a club that's got fundamental problems at its core & then be surprised when someone experienced in troubleshooting is brought in.

I'll keep my optimist hat on for this one.

Popcorn
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Rumours of Brian Little joining the board...?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Rumours of Brian Little joining the board...?
Get in there!!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 pm

at last, a football man and my favorite player as a kid, get in indeed.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:26 pm

I would love to have Brian Little on the board, but with all talk of money can he get through to these people. I believe that he should remind them we are Aston Villa FOOTBALL CLUB, not just another money making effort. VTID UTV. Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:08 am

Where did that rumour come from? I like it but I'd like to know where it came from.
Trotters
Trotters

New Chairman? - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:14 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Here's my take on it - failing clubs appoint administrators to get their house in order and get a sale done, administrators tend to be the Big 4 - EY, PWC, Deloitte, and....KPMG. 

That's certainly an interesting stance, Dan. And it makes sense. If Lerner isn't going to put more money in (at least, nothing substantial by PL standards) and he plans on pocketing the TV money then we are a club living off rapidly declining gate receipts and a few average sponsors.

This new guy can't make a decision as to what money is to be spent (and it's clear that Lerner has already determined that it's not a money issue anyway) and he won't sack Fox.

He's there to either assess Villa as per Dan's post or he's there to fill in the gaping holes of knowledge (i.e. football people) that we have at the club and completely rebuild it.

Given that we've failed over and over to get a football guy in, why not do that first? Sadly, Dan's opinion is a real shovel in the face and could be spot on.
Trotters
Trotters

New Chairman? - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:15 am

Do I think Lerner would be smart enough to think of it? Nope. But BOA Merryl Lynch would be.

It's a horrific thought to think of us in administration but if it hastens Lerner's exit I'd take the shovel to the face for the long term future of our club
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:43 am

Trotters wrote:

That's certainly an interesting stance, Dan. And it makes sense. If Lerner isn't going to put more money in (at least, nothing substantial by PL standards) and he plans on pocketing the TV money then we are a club living off rapidly declining gate receipts and a few average sponsors.

This new guy can't make a decision as to what money is to be spent (and it's clear that Lerner has already determined that it's not a money issue anyway) and he won't sack Fox.

He's there to either assess Villa as per Dan's post or he's there to fill in the gaping holes of knowledge (i.e. football people) that we have at the club and completely rebuild it.

Given that we've failed over and over to get a football guy in, why not do that first? Sadly, Dan's opinion is a real shovel in the face and could be spot on.

Bumped into an colleague of mine - a senior accountant where I used to work with. He said that BOA\ML were never actually appointed with the task of finding of buyer. They were informally approached to help the sale ****Should a buyer be found**** I didn't think to much of it at the time - but the more I think about it - the more plausible it sounds.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:23 am

Scoured everywhere for a link to Brian Little. Nothing found at all at the moment.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:33 am

NARLA24 wrote:Scoured everywhere for a link to Brian Little. Nothing found at all at the moment.

Only link I could find is little becoming the new jersey manager

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2016-01-14/david-kennedy-keen-to-work-with-brian-little-if-he-becomes-jersey-manager/

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am

smetro wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Scoured everywhere for a link to Brian Little. Nothing found at all at the moment.

Only link I could find is little becoming the new jersey manager

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2016-01-14/david-kennedy-keen-to-work-with-brian-little-if-he-becomes-jersey-manager/

Bit different to him joining the board mate. I bet he would rather come to us............... 🤦
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:59 am

Little and King rumours are only rumours, hope they turn into reality.

One small thing I would love to see implemented by new chairman is to see the 1st team training on the 1st pitch at BMH as before, much cheaper then the matches and we always win Very Happy
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:41 am

Saw a BBC last night from BBC about Little & King rumour. King & Little would have better ring to it. Little King? King Little? Either way the background of these two names got me thinking...

I'm afraid I've bought in to the club rhetoric for the time being. Hollis has been looking at us for the last 6 weeks apparently & while I understand about the concerns of Villa being a football club & not a business machine, the simple fact is that it has to be both, equally - which, I would argue, is where The Arse are at (what a coincidence!). Unfortunately, in our case, things have become such a mess that the business side needs sorting before the footballing side - that's a major shit sandwich, but the mayonnaise on the sandwich for me is that I've seen signs in Remi that I like & he wants to stay for the long term so at least there will be continuity in the football.

There ain't a super-rich sugar daddy coming in. Even if there was, I really think that he would want to attack the guts of the club & sort it out - the only difference is that he could bankroll a change on the pitch at the same time. Maybe there comes a point when you can't just redecorate the place with new managers & players - I think this transfer window (with the rumour of players turning us down) has shown that we're beyond the quick-fixes we've been scraping by on for the last few years.

King & Little - two sides to the footballing coin. Neither more important than the other because one won't survive for long without the other. Ahh, the modern game.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion. I'm not on the Villa payroll. I recognise that I'm an eternal optimist when it come to my club (but I'm a fool for love!).
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next