The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want

+3
kimbo
TED
Withes Sweatbands
7 posters

Go down

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want Empty New Chairman ? ... Who would you want

Post by Withes Sweatbands Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:17 am

Not trying to duplicate the takeover thread in any way but thought it would be interesting to see who people would want as chairman working alongside TF if in fact the takeover isnt anymore, and randy stands aside handing over day to day control.

Someone who has extensive football knowledge obviously and preferably with Villa lnks if possible .. so in that respect Steve Stride ? Graham Taylor ? have they been out of the business in a day to day capacity too long now. Stride had extensive contacts would they still be relevant today and Sir GT has done the role before at Watford not solong ago i suppose. Should Tom Fox step up and combine the role of CEO and Chairman

What about outside the club ... David Dein, Whats his name Commoli ? What about the ex Bank of England governor Mervyn King, massive Villa fan from what i believe and couldnt get any more experienced from a financial point of view.

Personally i think it will be Tom Fox stepping up and combining both roles but i would love to see GT take it on as i think the communication from the club towards the fans would improve ten fold and every decision he would take would be forthe benefit of the playig side of the club ...

Throw it out there for us to mull over
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 0_star10

Back to top Go down

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want Empty Re: New Chairman ? ... Who would you want

Post by TED Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:19 am

Why?
Lerner will still make the decisions.
A new chairman would only be a figure head. Lerner would still decide on expenditure.
Another Lerner yes man.
What's the point? IMO
TED

Back to top Go down

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want Empty Re: New Chairman ? ... Who would you want

Post by kimbo Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:39 am

As I said yesterday, Nicola Cortese would be an exciting appointment. But I feel the role will be nothing other than a figurehead (and as I also said - I am available for that, I don't mind taking abuse from the fans for money, ha!) so I don't believe he'd be interested, as he'd want to get his teeth into it.

There would also be the potential for a power struggle between him and Fox, although given what Cortese achieved with Southampton (he may not be there any more but make no mistake about it, their success is massively down to him) and listening to/reading interviews with both of them, I believe that they have a very similar mindset on how business is to be done, and I feel it could really work.

Like I said though, I believe it will be a meaningless, empty appointment. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

If I am, and it's not Cortese, I really don't know enough about other potential candidates to give any other opinion to be honest  :)
kimbo
kimbo

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Sepp Blatter
avfc85
avfc85

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 1956653425
Trotters
Trotters

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Someone not appointed by Randy Lerner.
villabromsgrove

New Chairman ? ... Who would you want 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Graham Taylor
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum