The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

+37
Peter
Army villain
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Born Under The Holte End
FoxyAV
avfc85
big ming
VTID85
thegaffer6
The Utterer
Stratfordvilla
gdav
4BetLite
smetro
mefromhere
brummieboy
South London Villan
Cha Ching
DomAVFC
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
KMitch
Villa_Dan
George
MarvelVillan
Thinman
B62 Villa
avfc forever
Deano69
The Great white walnut
Villa Ranger
Fpuppys
Dgrizzle7
James_Curtis
andrew24561
jeffvilla
41 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat the mighty Reds?

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap28%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 15 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap43%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 23 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 53

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 am

Apart from Liverpool in the semi finals last season, we tend to change our tactics against "bigger" clubs by trying to tighten up and make it difficult for them. We even did it against Bournemouth because it was a "big atmosphere" game, and we could easily have been two or three goals down by half time without offering a goal threat of our own. Fortunately in the second half last week we changed things, but if we try to do the same against Man U tonight they'll tear us a new one. I hope Tim's learnt from this and we'll do what we do best tonight .... no sitting back and inviting them on, get in their faces and press and attack them in their own half. We can do it!
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

Post by Deano69 Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 am

Draw, at best.

I've got them in a treble with Man City (last Monday), and Birmingham (vs Bristol Rovers on Tuesday).

The fact that the other two came up, and I am due a nice return, might help us. ;-)

I'll put a cover bet on the draw, just in case. :-)
Deano69
Deano69

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:23 pm

I reckon a 1-1 draw.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:31 pm

I reckon it will go as it always does, a Utd win, we are still work in progress and still lack quality in key areas ie defence and up front. I hope we take it to them and they falter but I feel Young will have a field day against Hutton/Bacuna and our centre backs still look fragile. With Gestede we always have a chance from a set piece or quick break away, I'd love to beat the bastards but would snap your hand off for a draw right now. I've gone loss on the predictor because they always beat us and I'm crap at predictions, let's hope I'm wrong again. Get there early is my advice it's already chaos traffic wise with m6 closed in both directions and all the road works/lane closures and bloody temp traffic lights around the ground towards the motorway/into city and by the Barton Arms
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:44 pm

B62 Villa wrote:I reckon it will go as it always does, a Utd win, we are still work in progress and still lack quality in key areas ie defence and up front. I hope we take it to them and they falter but I feel Young will have a field day against Hutton/Bacuna and our centre backs still look fragile. With Gestede we always have a chance from a set piece or quick break away, I'd love to beat the bastards but would snap your hand off for a draw right now. I've gone loss on the predictor because they always beat us and I'm crap at predictions, let's hope I'm wrong again. Get there early is my advice it's already chaos traffic wise with m6 closed in both directions and all the road works/lane closures and bloody temp traffic lights around the ground towards the motorway/into city and by the Barton Arms

I'd honestly take a draw too and although I dislike either as RB's, on reflection I think Hutton is the better bet vs these, as long as he keeps it simple and doesn't lose his head, I think they will hope its Bacuna and if it is I hope he does the job and proves me wrong
4BetLite
4BetLite

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Every time we play Man U, I expect defeat but a tiny part of me just thinks that this time, this time we may sneak a win. It never happens so I won't allow myself that luxury. Business as usual I'm afraid unless............
Thinman
Thinman

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh you miserable bunch of sods! Laughing It's a fresh start and could be the beginning of something better. We've seen our new look team play competitively once so far, I'm happy to see a good few games under our belt before predicting BAU! Even if we lose, I reckon it's going to be a cracker of a match.
VTID85

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:58 pm

VTID85 wrote:Oh you miserable bunch of sods! Laughing It's a fresh start and could be the beginning of something better. We've seen our new look team play competitively once so far, I'm happy to see a good few games under our belt before predicting BAU! Even if we lose, I reckon it's going to be a cracker of a match.

I hope we attack the shit out of em and win or die fighting...........law of avg's says we due Very Happy
4BetLite
4BetLite

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:01 pm

VTID85 wrote:Oh you miserable bunch of sods! Laughing It's a fresh start and could be the beginning of something better. We've seen our new look team play competitively once so far, I'm happy to see a good few games under our belt before predicting BAU! Even if we lose, I reckon it's going to be a cracker of a match.
Scarf Waving Whatever happens tonight it can't be the same old thing because nearly everything and every one on the Villa side of things is different. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:05 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Scarf Waving Whatever happens tonight it can't be the same old thing because nearly everything and every one on the Villa side of things is different. Scarf Waving

Precisely! Scarf Waving
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:06 pm

FoxyAV wrote:A suggestions for admins - could we have a MOTM vote for every match or would it be a PITA to run? We'd need one option each for every starter and sub, we'd have winners at the end of every month and at the end of the season. Could it be possible for each of us to vote our top three players from every match, to give an even bigger amount of data?

Looking into this FoxyAV Great idea, we'd then have a TBAR player of the season. Need to work out the admin of it all. I'll look at putting a poll up after the match so we can vote and then work out how we keep track of it all over the course of the season (This is the bit I'm not sure on yet) Also I don't know if we can have a top 3, however the votes will indicate who th overall top three were (I will look further into it though mate)

Once again, thanks for the idea, it's a good one!!

Ps I may need to start a separate villa v mufc MOTM thread after the game.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:13 pm

M6 is fucked in case anyone is driving there tonight
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:16 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:A suggestions for admins - could we have a MOTM vote for every match or would it be a PITA to run? We'd need one option each for every starter and sub, we'd have winners at the end of every month and at the end of the season. Could it be possible for each of us to vote our top three players from every match, to give an even bigger amount of data?

Looking into this FoxyAV Great idea, we'd then have a TBAR player of the season. Need to work out the admin of it all. I'll look at putting a poll up after the match so we can vote and then work out how we keep track of it all over the course of the season (This is the bit I'm not sure on yet) Also I don't know if we can have a top 3, however the votes will indicate who th overall top three were (I will look further into it though mate)

Once again, thanks for the idea, it's a good one!!

Ps I may need to start a separate villa v mufc MOTM thread after the game.  

if its after the game it should be a villa beat mufc thread Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 498107619
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Tonight should be the first step in turning Villa Park into the fortress it deserves to be! What better way to get the Sherwood era started than by ridding ourselves of the most infuriating hoodoo in football? Come on you villa boys, let's get in to 'em!!!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:43 pm

I've added a thread for MOTM, you can sadly only have one choice (you can't choose a top 3) but we can keep tabs from week to week and collate the number of motm awards for each player to give us a player of the month/year. I will add one for the Bournemouth game, so we have the full set. It may not be today though as I'm bogged down with stuff to do. Cheers Foxy, great idea Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:43 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I've added a thread for MOTM, you can sadly only have one choice (you can't choose a top 3) but we can keep tabs from week to week and collate the number of motm awards for each player to give us a player of the month/year. I will add one for the Bournemouth game, so we have the full set. It may not be today though as I'm bogged down with stuff to do. Cheers Foxy, great idea Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3769219917

Excellent, thank you!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Less than 2Hrs to go, I'm with most on here that think we will draw but my vote was a WIN, I think we will get a late goal and win 2-1.

I would go with this:

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 My_tea10

But I think TS will go with:

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 My_tea11
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I've added a thread for MOTM, you can sadly only have one choice (you can't choose a top 3) but we can keep tabs from week to week and collate the number of motm awards for each player to give us a player of the month/year. I will add one for the Bournemouth game, so we have the full set. It may not be today though as I'm bogged down with stuff to do. Cheers Foxy, great idea Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3769219917

Maybe the TBAR blog could publicise the forum's choice, with quotes from members as to why? Could produce a TOTS next May based on all the responses.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Team line ups; Mike Dean the Ref

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 Cmyw6g10

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 Cmyw6t10
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Suspect people will realize how much we need a RB after this match. I think Bacuna is gonna get shredded.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:34 pm

VTID85 wrote:

Maybe the TBAR blog could publicise the forum's choice, with quotes from members as to why? Could produce a TOTS next May based on all the responses.

We wil definitely look to do that and get it out there via Twitter and all over here. I'll be on the prowl and keeping an eye out for those Sherwood like quotes to use, so be creative boys and please visit the MOTM thread after the game and vote and comment. It doesn't work if we don't vote!! Scarf Waving Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 3 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 pm

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS!
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:44 pm

FUCKING WIN THIS YOU SLAGS

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Sort that defensive line out ffs
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

We are doing EXACTLY what we did first half vs bournemouth. Hoofing shit balls at players that want to run channels. Rudy on pls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next