The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

+37
Peter
Army villain
VillaBill
villabromsgrove
Born Under The Holte End
FoxyAV
avfc85
big ming
VTID85
thegaffer6
The Utterer
Stratfordvilla
gdav
4BetLite
smetro
mefromhere
brummieboy
South London Villan
Cha Ching
DomAVFC
Dions_Bald_Head
GadgetMan
KMitch
Villa_Dan
George
MarvelVillan
Thinman
B62 Villa
avfc forever
Deano69
The Great white walnut
Villa Ranger
Fpuppys
Dgrizzle7
James_Curtis
andrew24561
jeffvilla
41 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can we beat the mighty Reds?

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 15 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 23 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 53

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:08 pm

big ming wrote:Is there any news on the Gil injury?   Would love to see him playing the David Silva role.

Ripped The Baggies a new one!
PhysioRoom who are in touch with clubs on a daily basis and therefore usually reliable say that Carles Gil will be available by the 14th August.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off.

Post by KMitch Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:16 pm

United looked pretty toothless against Spuds last weekend, but controlled the match well. If we can set up shop and try to catch them on the break or another Rudy special off a set price, and we could nick it from them.

That said, if we go down early, I can see Tim throwing caution to the wind and pushing us all forward. Manure aren't used to teams attacking them, so if we get them on the defensive, who knows what will happen.
KMitch
KMitch

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Surprisingly given the fact that it's right in the middle of the holiday season, we're heading for a sell out on Friday evening. The atmosphere should be terrific! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Sherwood saying on the official site that Friday is too soon for Gil and Grealish, even though they are in full training.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 pm

4BetLite wrote:I think we need diff setup vs manu............. maybe a game that both westy and sanchez start, they can help our weakness at RB,  I'm going for a Gestede start to give them something to worry about them gabby  on 60mins......TS to go for....

Guzan

Bacuna....Richards....Clark....Amavi

........Sanchez.........Westwood

...Veretout........Gana.........Sinclair

.....................Gestede

I'd change a few based fitness or personal choice but I think TS might see it like this....... I know its fantasy football, but its fun Very Happy

Like this, having two sitting will be really important if they play 4231 gives us a lot more control over possession. Only thing I would look to change is Veretout, we need to be hooping crosses in for Rudy, I think the way Smalling has been playing the since the back end of last season he will deal with a lot of things on the ground but still has looked a bit frail against power and the initial spring of a player- he probably still has nightmares about Villa park.

Could potentially think about swapping Sanchez for Gana, give you a more box to box type energy whilst not relinquishing the defence work then Sanchez to then come on if we are leading in the second half. That would mean putting Veretout up there at 10. Never know we may have ourselves a brand new Right Winger by then!
James_Curtis

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 pm

James_Curtis wrote:
4BetLite wrote:I think we need diff setup vs manu............. maybe a game that both westy and sanchez start, they can help our weakness at RB,  I'm going for a Gestede start to give them something to worry about them gabby  on 60mins......TS to go for....

Guzan

Bacuna....Richards....Clark....Amavi

........Sanchez.........Westwood

...Veretout........Gana.........Sinclair

.....................Gestede

I'd change a few based fitness or personal choice but I think TS might see it like this....... I know its fantasy football, but its fun Very Happy

Like this, having two sitting will be really important if they play 4231 gives us a lot more control over possession. Only thing I would look to change is Veretout, we need to be hooping crosses in for Rudy, I think the way Smalling has been playing the since the back end of last season he will deal with a lot of things on the ground but still has looked a bit frail against power and the initial spring of a player- he probably still has nightmares about Villa park.

Could potentially think about swapping Sanchez for Gana, give you a more box to box type energy whilst not relinquishing the defence work then Sanchez to then come on if we are leading in the second half. That would mean putting Veretout up there at 10. Never know we may have ourselves a brand new Right Winger by then!

Although I think we will adapt to opposition more often now then before, I think a regular starting line up pattern will and should develop, I hope and think that Gil will be that 10. I said in an earlier post we are not far from having a strong squad, for me - GK RB CB and RW in and Zog, hutton, tonev and co out, would give us great balance with the option to play any formation well.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 pm

A suggestions for admins - could we have a MOTM vote for every match or would it be a PITA to run? We'd need one option each for every starter and sub, we'd have winners at the end of every month and at the end of the season. Could it be possible for each of us to vote our top three players from every match, to give an even bigger amount of data?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Nice idea Foxy AV
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:20 pm

FoxyAV wrote:A suggestions for admins - could we have a MOTM vote for every match or would it be a PITA to run? We'd need one option each for every starter and sub, we'd have winners at the end of every month and at the end of the season. Could it be possible for each of us to vote our top three players from every match, to give an even bigger amount of data?
Foxy, Ive asked GM to have a look at the feasibility of your idea. I'm sure he;ll get back to you. Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Sherwood saying on the official site that Friday is too soon for Gil and Grealish, even though they are in full training.

I think Tim might have a bit more about him than to give out team news like that days before a game. Don't be surprised to see an appearance from one of them ... Either that or a certain Mr Traore could make one hell of a debut!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:53 pm

mefromhere wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Sherwood saying on the official site that Friday is too soon for Gil and Grealish, even though they are in full training.

I think Tim might have a bit more about him than to give out team news like that days before a game. Don't be surprised to see an appearance from one of them ... Either that or a certain Mr Traore could make one hell of a debut!
I agree with you about Tim and the truth. We've already learned that just like Mourinho, TS uses "truth" to gain an advantage. "I'm going to buy British next" gained him some negotiating power with Barca. "Veretout and Gestede won't be ready for Bournemouth" was another misleading report that could well have paid off.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Best thing about tomorrow, is that it's difficult to know who is playing and who isn't. Even when we were moderately successful under oneil it was a static team selection. I'll take my seat and listen to the teams and and it'll lead to a discussion on. Teams may have to consider how we may set up in their team selection. This will only get better if this window carries on. Beer
Stratfordvilla

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:09 pm

David De Gea definitely not in the Man U squad for tomorrow nights game.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:22 pm

I know we have an awful record against this lot for a number of years but this is a new team who couldn't give a shit about their record against us so attack them and let them leave Villa Park wondering what they hell happened here tonight!Laughing

I was there 20 years ago when we beat them 3-1 on the opening day of the season and my, how I would love that Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 3769219917

Up The Villa Scarf Waving Scarf WavingAston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 O-ASTON-VILLA-MANCHESTER-UNITED-570

Last edited by Born Under The Holte End on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 pm

No better time to play its for me. I'm sure I'll park will be rocking aswell!!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

I expect the stewards will have their work cut-out removing the red scum from home sections which leads me to ask:

Who is worse, a Brummie Red or a Cave Dweller from the Sty?

I actually think a Brummie Red but there is not a lot in it! Bash
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm

According to Neil "I know fuck all and I know it" Warnock, we should start Benteke up front...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neil-warnock-hopes-christian-benteke-6244588
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:According to Neil "I know fuck all and I know it" Warnock, we should start Benteke up front...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neil-warnock-hopes-christian-benteke-6244588

Hope Benteke hasn't done a Snake U turn, be great to see him turning up at Villa Park like he never left and being told to Fuck off. lol!
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Newsnow wrote:Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has given a team news and injury update at his pre-match press conference today, ahead of their trip to Villa Park on Friday night.

The Dutchman has confirmed to ManUtd.com this afternoon that defenders Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones will both miss the away game at Aston Villa.

That's pretty massive news for us. This gives us a much bigger posibility of points IMO. Without Jones and Rojo, they are stuck with that midget Blind for dealing with Gestede. If we get good deliveries going, we should be able to score more than once.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Logic says 0-2

But I'm going for a 3-1 home win on a hunch...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm torn on this one. I'm not impressed with Yanited and if we click, with a full house behind us, we could score an historic victory.

On the other hand, we haven't strengthened at Right Back so I can see Cashley Young going down like a bag of spanners and cheating his way to an undeserved victory.

I'm also torn about whether to watch it in a Spanish bar, knowing it will be full of English glory hunting plastics from all corners of Mother England (except of course, Manchester).

No doubt, we've all been there. It's the sweetest thing if we win, but if we lose, which we usually do, it's the closest most of us come to glassing a complete stranger in the face.

Not that I would ever actually do that, but you know what I mean.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:13 am

Villa Ranger wrote:I'm torn on this one. I'm not impressed with Yanited and if we click, with a full house behind us, we could score an historic victory.

On the other hand, we haven't strengthened at Right Back so I can see Cashley Young going down like a bag of spanners and cheating his way to an undeserved victory.

I'm also torn about whether to watch it in a Spanish bar, knowing it will be full of English glory hunting plastics from all corners of Mother England (except of course, Manchester).

No doubt, we've all been there. It's the sweetest thing if we win, but if we lose, which we usually do, it's the closest most of us come to glassing a complete stranger in the face.

Not that I would ever actually do that, but you know what I mean.

To hell with it, enjoy the game and glass the sugarbags if needs be!
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 am

Going for a narrow home win (know its against all history!)

If Sebastian Pigsticker is not match fit, I could see us overunning them in midfield with our younger legs. Also, if Blind has to play at CB, Gestede could have some influence.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 am

Big day today lads! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:58 am

Hoping for a win, really hope we take the game to them
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

Aston Villa v Manchester United .... Friday 14th August 7:45pm kick off. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next