The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by danclare82 Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:36 am

All this talk about the championship being a really hard league is rubbish. Ive seen a few championship games this season inc bolton v boro yday which I was at as my sons team had free tickets and boro where v average to say the least and they are top. Same with burnley. As long as we get a decent manager in and have a goal scorer in the team we should be right up the top by the end of next season. All our problems have been mismanagement not all rubbish players so get that appointment right and we'll be back up im sure. We are not a leeds or wolves!
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by The Utterer Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:52 am

For me whether we have a chance to come straight back is all about two things.

1. Getting the right manager in is simply HUGE!

2. Getting the spine of the team right. We have to get rid of the current spine and replace/rebuild it to be the strongest in that division. I feel the rest will be strong enough barring players leaving and needing to be replaced of course.

So New GK, at least one new CB, new Central midfield and new strikers. Get this right and we should be strong enough to make a fist of it with a good manager at the helm.

As for who will leave well that will no doubt become clear very soon and i have no doubt their will be an exodus if the players get their way.

It's a challenge....But also a golden opportunity!!
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 am

Get in a young manager that will die for AVFC success and has the qualifications in order.

Rowett!

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Pearson!!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:12 pm

From the game I saw yday and living in Bolton Zac clough would be a good cheap signing for us too. Bags of potential and caused boro loads of problems yday. David nugent is anothed one too. Might be 30 but works his ass off and we needs that kind of player.
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:06 pm

joppe84 I don't always agree with you Rowett
villajk

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 pm

danclare82 wrote:All this talk about the championship being a really hard league is rubbish. Ive seen a few championship games this season inc bolton v boro yday which I was at as my sons team had free tickets and boro where v average to say the least and they are top. Same with burnley. As long as we get a decent manager in and have a goal scorer in the team we should be right up the top by the end of next season. All our problems have been mismanagement not all rubbish players so get that appointment right and we'll be back up im sure. We are not a leeds or wolves!

I don't see the comarison to Leeds or Wolves either.

Without considering the millions we probably will recieve from player sales this summer, we have a very solid income compared to championship teams. If we sort the wages and contracts out we're fine and should be able to smash anyone in that division for money. Secondly comparing us to Leeds isn't really working. Leeds imploded because they spent a shit load of money they didn't have and got fucked in the championship. We're relegated cause we've spent the money we've had the wrong way, and arguably (in my eyes anyway) spent too little. Wolves I have no arguments about. They aren't even remotely interesting to compare ourselves with.

We just need a new owner that can stabilize this club and spend the necessary cash when needed. And obviously ROWETT:

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Too many variables to say how we will fare in the championship.

What will our new board do?
Who will be our manager?
Which players will be sold and what will we spend?

Of the last 22 teams who finished bottom of the premier league only 2 were relegated the following season - 10 were either promoted or lost in the playoffs. The other 10 finished midtable.

So who knows what next season will bring. Hopefully we will know more in the next few weeks
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that two of our board members resign , as the club confirm that extensive negotations are ongoing for the sale of the club .
Is the new prospective owner , someone a lot less desirable than even learner ?
I bloody hope not , and hopefully their resignations are just a formality after they have bought the potential new owners to the table.
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm

In no stretch of the imagination can I view the resignation of these two board members in a positive light! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 1715320296
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

tbh defiantly a strange one to say the least.

I just hope were not sold to another hairdresser.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Where have the club confirmed that we're in talks to be sold? I always thought that there seemed to be something temporary about this new board, but I wasn't expecting this to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:36 pm

It's the annual renewal boosting link to sale tbh nothing more, seems to me the board told them to release all these useless sugarbags and Lerner said no
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

To answer my last post, I've just seen it on the official site. So hopefully something positive comes out of this. I can't remember the club confirming anything last year about negotiations when there was talk of due diligence.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Reading King's resignation letter I have no hope whatsoever. He's firmly pointed the blame in Lerner's direction.

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Yup the sale thing is a smokescreen - just to cover 2 guys who have quickly realised that its a crock of shit...
Drat, today I was hoping for a new manager / new beginning...

Moyes/Pearson will surely look elsewhere. ...get ya money on Eric Black!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:53 pm

We are back to Lerner getting involved again, the utter cretin!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:03 pm

If every Villa fan prays really hard Lerner might just collapse into a coma tonight
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:10 pm

My money is on Joppe with Rowett as his number two.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Lerner constantly redefines the meaning of, clueless moronic looser.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:24 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:My money is on Joppe with Rowett as his number two.

I'll be a huge fucking success! Proper underdog story! Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Reading King's resignation letter I have no hope whatsoever. He's firmly pointed the blame in Lerner's direction.

Exactly this. King & Bernstein both appear in their letters of resignation to be taking a massive swipe at the owner. It's what I feared, that no matter who is on the board or who is proclaimed to be running the club, the problem remains Randy Lerner as owner. First impressions tell me this isn't good at all.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:39 pm

It reads like even more panicked BS from the clubs PR dep't. Lerner has yet again employed people to do a job (or more to pacify an angry fanbase) which he then almost immediately makes untenable!!

I see it as they started the process of finding a new manager, put out a few feelers and were maybe quoted salaries by agents etc only to then have the rug pulled by Lerner...as we all guessed would happen did we not!!

So basically they had no option but to quit.

I see the clubs statement says "CURRENT ONGOING NEGOTIATIONS" of a sale... in other words nothings changed!!! But the PR department knew they had to say something to try to slow down the mass severing of support this is all bringing about.

It's frankly shocking

I just hope i'm wrong and suddenly we will all see a sale to someone who can turn this carnage around.... but somehow i doubt it! 🤦
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:46 pm

The club statement reads ; The Chairman, Steve Hollis, is currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the Club.

Which would have been encouraging news, were it not preceded by the resignations.

I don't know what to make of it all.
Only fact we know are - relegation, resignations and season ticket renewals soon. Aaagggghhhhh.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 pm

I think Lerner put their plans on hold because why would he implement them if he thinks there might be a chance that the club will be sold. And so they have walked. Might seem like bad news at the moment, but hopefully something good comes from it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next