The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+109
bruka
smetro
Dazzle
Terry Derry
Villa_Dan
Jae1411
mefromhere
achilles
AVFCKINGS
EbeneezerGoode
Barton82
Thinman
Synopsis
4BetLite
ViewFromT2
danclare82
Wookster
prmort
FoxyAV
Trotters
Trysullvilla
Con
KMitch
ember
NARLA24
DaveAV1
UnclePanda
Cha Ching
Dions_Bald_Head
DelboyVilla
simbrenn
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
AVFClee
Andyh
VillaBill
Jo64
The Great white walnut
DomAVFC
avfc85
De Kuip
Leafs1201
DN1982
deadbuzzardalive
South London Villan
Gordonsleftboot
UrmstonVilla
ejs1111
Stripey48
GhostDad
1Elliot
brummieboy
aberdarevilla
LukeWilliamsOBE
Jpmangel
CoE82
Villa jimmy
holtehero
AstonThriller
hawk190601
gwentvillan
rosco77
andrew24561
clarryblue
big ming
Stratfordvilla
johnny from donny
fastbackace
Robbo
johnny noodles
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
Mazrim
bazzah
snitum
James_Curtis
Withes Sweatbands
Chrissylee1111
kimbo
Fpuppys
marko63
VillaSteve
George
Nix999
lukevilla
GadgetMan
mickeywya
Latzstar
B62 Villa
Dansvilla75
Villa Ranger
omariqy
jvilla
TED
VTID85
MarvelVillan
banneruk
villabromsgrove
snakevilla
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
Jamie Gray
mark_draper
tbarrules
JapaneseVillan
Broadlee
Wriggle
GodzoneVilla
Saunders82
113 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by andrew24561 Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:34 am

Suddenly old deadly Douglas is looking like a very high calibre owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
andrew24561
andrew24561

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:52 am

He really doesn't.

The problem is that I could run AVFC better than Lerner.

The fact that we have an average NET spend of £ 6 million each season since 2010, and went totally cold turkey when it came to the transision of moneyball bullshit, that has truly wrecked us. ANY half capable half intelligent person would understand that such a transision must happen over many years, maybe even as much as 20. Lerner decided to do it in a couple of seasons. We went from selling Milner, Barry, Young, Downing to buying Westwood, Bacuna, Bennett, Helenius, Tonev, Sylla, Luna Lowton, Holman, Bowery, Ahmadi, Richardson, Sanchez, Gestede etc.
While we also had a few more expensive signings like Makoun, Ireland, Nzogbia, Benteke, you can argue Ireland was mostly due to completing our other sales. Nzogbia fuck knows. Makoun jesus wept. Benteke was sold once it was clear he knew what he was doing.

It isn't exactly rocket science why we are relegated in 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Joppe84 wrote:He really doesn't

Joppe if this was in response to my post I said it tongue in cheek (British sarcastic humour)
andrew24561
andrew24561

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:13 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 Img-2011
achilles
achilles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:20 pm

andrew24561 wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:He really doesn't

Joppe if this was in response to my post I said it tongue in cheek (British sarcastic humour)

Apologies. We take things too literally in this house

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:46 pm

all those shit players bar 2 purchase by Paul Lambert
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Last night driving home from work (in Saudi Arabia) I by mistake ended up on a local radio station and they kept on going on about Aston Villa, Aston Villa but unfortunately my Arabic is so limited that I have no idea what they were saying? Hopefully some Prince was listening and has a few spare millions to buy us? I would be happy with Prince Al Waleed Bin Talah as he is always willing to prove just how rich he actually is?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Are there any money men left out there who would be interested in a under performing championship side .
Apart from the development of Birmingham , I can't see anything that makes us an attractive proposition anymore. Our assets will be stripped and when learner gets his money back , he will throw the club to the wolf's. Really think we could beven the next Leeds.
On a positive note I think Newcastle are in a worse position . They actually invested loads to try and stay in the leauge .
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 pm

simbrenn wrote:Are there any money men left out there who would be interested in a under performing championship side .
Apart from the development of Birmingham , I can't see anything that makes us an attractive proposition anymore.  Our assets will be stripped and when learner gets his money back , he will throw the club to the wolf's.  Really think we could beven the next Leeds.
On a positive note I think Newcastle are in a worse position .  They actually invested loads to try and stay in the leauge .

Newcastle aren't in worse position, they have a much wealthier owner, who still has a degree of interest in the club.

We have an owner, who even when he was interested couldn't do much right - now he has lost interest, he has asked one of mates the run the club on a part time basis - despite everything suggesting otherwise we have to hope that Hollis comes good
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Newcastle are in a worse position. They are in dire straits - Ashley is owed £129m by the club and said this 4 weeks ago:

All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money. 

Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes. I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven’t been able to make the difference I wanted to in football like I have at Sports Direct. I wanted to help Newcastle, I wanted to make it better, that’s what I wanted to do. I haven’t seemed to have had that affect. Let’s hope Rafa [Benitez] can do the business and keep us up there.
I have no choice. They’ve got me, and I’ve got them. That is the way it is.

Give this a read and be thankful that our owner is stupid but not a morally bankrupt cnut

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/mike-ashley-wouldnt-couldnt-essential-reading-newcastle-fans-newcastle-united/
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:22 pm

I think it's more likely that Ashley will be stone cold when it comes to recouping his money compared to Lerner. Lerner is a dislikable fucking idiot, but he's a trust fund baby. People that has worked for their own wealth is far more likely to have a brutal streak in them when it comes to finances. I'm really not sure that Newcastle is better off.

And tbh while I don't know much about him I quite like what I do know about Ashley. Seems very likeable and self made men deserves massive respect in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Newcastle are in a worse position. They are in dire straits - Ashley is owed £129m by the club and said this 4 weeks ago:

All I say is, there is a bank account, when you have emptied it, it’s empty, don’t come crying to me for more money. 

Do I regret getting into football? The answer is yes. I have had tonnes of fun in it but I haven’t been able to make the difference I wanted to in football like I have at Sports Direct. I wanted to help Newcastle, I wanted to make it better, that’s what I wanted to do. I haven’t seemed to have had that affect. Let’s hope Rafa [Benitez] can do the business and keep us up there.
I have no choice. They’ve got me, and I’ve got them. That is the way it is.

Give this a read and be thankful that our owner is stupid but not a morally bankrupt cnut

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/mike-ashley-wouldnt-couldnt-essential-reading-newcastle-fans-newcastle-united/

Sounds like Randy Lerner. Only difference is Mike Ashley said it, and Randy Lerner has shown it in his actions.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DeborahK Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 am

If only Wang would.....

http://www.financeasia.com/News/407321,what-if8230wanda-bought-aston-villa.aspx

As well as the potential huge financial input, we might get to hear The Holte rocking to the chants of 'Jingle Jianlin Jewellery'...
DeborahK

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 am

I can't be arsed searching but wasn't he linked a while ago when rumours were hot that we were in the last stages of negotiation? And then the arse fell out of the Chinese market? I seem to recall someone saying his son might buy the club as a play toy and he's a MASSIVE douchebag?
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 am

Just found this article basically saying the Chinese Wanda group could do a lot worse than buy Villa for global promotional purposes in the main. Apparantly Man City is now 13% owned by one of their main rival companies.

It's only a suggestive story but well written and is in a publication named Finance Asia.

CLICK HERE!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:37 pm

good read
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:54 pm

That was a surprisingly good read.

Make it happen. Imagine going from the shite we've seen to riches. Now that would be slightly hilarious.

And it would be funny to have an owner called Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 am

With a new TV rights deal next season that is 71% higher than the previous one and will mean Premier League clubs sharing a record £5.136 billion ($7.3 billion), Aston Villa's imminent relegation could also not have come at a worse time from a financial point of view.

That's the Parkinson's paragraph for me. The one that gets me shaking my head at how Randy failed to invest properly to secure his piece of that massive pie.

He just took a chance didn't he? Gambled on us being too big to go down and saving ourselves at the last minute like we've done previously.

It's incredibly hard to imagine such an immense fuck up.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:02 pm

Trotters wrote:

With a new TV rights deal next season that is 71% higher than the previous one and will mean Premier League clubs sharing a record £5.136 billion ($7.3 billion), Aston Villa's imminent relegation could also not have come at a worse time from a financial point of view.

That's the Parkinson's paragraph for me. The one that gets me shaking my head at how Randy failed to invest properly to secure his piece of that massive pie.

He just took a chance didn't he? Gambled on us being too big to go down and saving ourselves at the last minute like we've done previously.

It's incredibly hard to imagine such an immense fuck up.

Incompetence of the highest order.
It's been awful decision after awful decision after awful decision.

Not buying a replacement striker for the guy who singlehandedly kept us up the last couple of seasons..Incompetent

Replacing the entire spine of the team with players from a different league all at the same time - Incompetent

Not listening to the then manager TS on the type of players he wanted - Incompetent

Lying to the new manager saying he would have funds to strengthen in January - Incompetent

Failing to invest anything in January - Football Suicide!!

I could go on but we all know whats happened here but basically abysmal leadership of the highest order!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:03 pm

And that's why Fox & friend were given the boot wasn't it?
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:36 am

I think it's time to realise we are now the same as Leeds, wolves , and all the other teams done over.
We have been down before and came back . I like this board and trust them more than learner , weather that is selling the club , or getting us comptative , I believe they want the best for us .
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:42 am

Read an interesting article yesterday on BBC that basically said all these 'football' men on the board is just another layer of management as ultimately the inbred fucktard is still making the decisions on spending? Well we will soon see?

No manager in the next few weeks and I suspect we are heading for our next disaster?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:54 am

any talk of coming straight back up is being very neive and optomistic to the extreme.
the championship is a very hard league.
We need to steady the ship or we could find ourselves sleep walking into league 1.

please Learner you twat get the next few decisions you make regarding Villa right or we will fall beyond all recognition.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:05 am

Pearson In Now!!!!!!!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:07 am

I agree that any talk of coming straight back up is premature in the extreme, we are in for some rough times ahead even if we get everything right which seems unlikely based on past attempts!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next