The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+93
avfcjoe
LukeWilliamsOBE
hawk190601
noodles
Devon-villa-fan
jeffvilla
Compton Edwards
prmort
pcfbavfcoman
Insane Holte
thinlizzy
GodzoneVilla
worcesterkev
Thinman
Saunders82
De Kuip
bruka
VillaBill
TED
KMitch
lukevilla
Stratfordvilla
VillaSteve
UnclePanda
deadbuzzardalive
Dansvilla75
andrew24561
bazzah
johnny from donny
ejs1111
Peter
gdale1
mark_draper
Andyh
GhostDad
DelboyVilla
Jimmy Villian
The Great white walnut
Gordonsleftboot
Wigteke
Morgan Villa
Born Under The Holte End
smetro
ember
GadgetMan
NARLA24
Villas Trudge
jvilla
ViewFromT2
Desperate Villan
clarryblue
1Elliot
avfc85
Wookster
Poseidon
snakevilla
Mazrim
rosco77
Dgrizzle7
B62 Villa
James_Curtis
The Utterer
viva_la_amo
AntJac
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
Chrissylee1111
Withes Sweatbands
fastbackace
Fpuppys
Cha Ching
Suits
Olofsbeard
Malandro
banneruk
danclare82
Jamie Gray
Mr_Spadge
TheTechniqueSMC
omariqy
keithj
tbarrules
Kakacroom
AVFClee
gdav
DaveAV1
Trotters
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Keyser Soze
97 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by bazzah Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 pm

mark_draper wrote:
Mazrim wrote:Group gets exclusivity for Villa, other parties wait and see. Said group agrees a deal, other party goes looking at the sack of shit club down the road.

Makes sense.

Lets hope Lerner has chosen well.

Yeah - let's hope it's a good decision made (if this is indeed the case). "Good decisions" and "Randy Lerner" aren't often used in the same sentence...
bazzah

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villas Trudge Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Trysullvilla wrote:Today is a public holiday as it is independence day tomorrow. So if an American buyer probably nothing would be announced at the earliest until monday.

Tuesday
Villas Trudge

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:
Trysullvilla wrote:Today is a public holiday as it is independence day tomorrow. So if an American buyer probably nothing would be announced at the earliest until monday.

Tuesday

You seem very confident it's Tuesday?

Hunch or heard?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:36 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Villas Trudge wrote:

Tuesday

Hunch or heard?

I would imagine going off the 'private media event' announced for Tuesday.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:37 pm

My nightmare is Dalian Wanda comes knocking for the Villa but Randy goes with one of his steady Eddie mates in Josh Harris. We get him and Dalian Wanda thinks f*ck this i'll buy WBA and vows to make them into a bigger club than us. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 1715320296 God I hope i'm wrong!!!!!
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:42 pm

I don't think RL will see Josh Harris as a Steady Eddie, he's backed out of that many deals to buy an EPL. I'd imagine RL will have a team of advisors helping him choose the best owner and just because he screwed up management decisions, doesn't mean he will screw this up. I think he will get it right and whilst we may not get the mega money some want/expect, I think we will get a solid owner to take us forward. UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm

How are the cleveland browns doing?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Villas Trudge Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Villas Trudge wrote:

Tuesday

Hunch or heard?

Hunch. All makes sense - return to training Monday (players told), private event on Tuesday to media.
Villas Trudge

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Villas Trudge wrote:

Tuesday

Hunch or heard?

Hunch. All makes sense - return to training Monday (players told), private event on Tuesday to media.

Private event is the kit launch isn't it?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I don't think RL will see Josh Harris as a Steady Eddie, he's backed out of that many deals to buy an EPL. I'd imagine RL will have a team of advisors helping him choose the best owner and just because he screwed up management decisions, doesn't mean he will screw this up. I think he will get it right and whilst we may not get the mega money some want/expect, I think we will get a solid owner to take us forward. UTV
GM, what worries me is that Tom Fox has already spoken of Lerner's commitment to finding a new owner who shares his vision for our future and his respect for our past. Randy's views about the future running of our club could be damaging to our ability to eventually succeed. That could also be potentially limiting at a time when he should just be looking at the wealth and investment potential of a bidder as the major qualification.

Unfortunately nearly all of his major decisions for AVFC have shown really bad judgement.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:17 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I don't think RL will see Josh Harris as a Steady Eddie, he's backed out of that many deals to buy an EPL. I'd imagine RL will have a team of advisors helping him choose the best owner and just because he screwed up management decisions, doesn't mean he will screw this up. I think he will get it right and whilst we may not get the mega money some want/expect, I think we will get a solid owner to take us forward. UTV
GM, what worries me is that Tom Fox has already spoken of Lerner's commitment to finding a new owner who shares his vision for our future and his respect for our past. Randy's views about the future running of our club could be damaging to our ability to eventually succeed. That could also be potentially limiting at a time when he should just be looking at the wealth and investment potential of a bidder as the major qualification.

Unfortunately nearly all of his major decisions for AVFC have shown really bad judgement.

I get why you see it that way and any others that do. I don't see someone sharing a similar vision to RL automatically equating to a bad owner. I too shared what RL set out to do, we all did (at the start) he just wasn't very good at it and made some terrible decisions, but not all bad. Also Doesn't mean someone with similar values will make the same mistakes as RL.A self made man, with a love for the sport or a love for the project, to me doesn't = rubbish. I think that statement by TF is being taken too literally and I see it as, he won't sell us to a chancer and someone that's in it for the wrong reasons, to me, that's a good thing. They'll be many things RL and his advisors will be looking for and we don't know what they are, we can only guess. I would say this though, if RL was prepared to sell to just anyone, we could have been sold a dozen times over. I don't rate RL as a businessman (he was given his wealth after all) I do think he's a good man and I HOPE he will turn to those around him to help make the right decision on the new owner. I'm hopeful we will have a great new owner when it's announced.

I just don't think RL safety first approach equates to a poor choice of owner, if anything I really think it will help. Yes he made some awful choices, his biggest error was losing interest and not selling sooner. He seems to have learned from his biggest mistakes in clearing out some of dead wood (Faulkner, Lambert etc) and putting in place a much better structure, Yes the latter was Fox's doing, but he still agreed to it. Hopefully Fox has been asked for his opinions on any purchase, as well as other good and qualified individuals.

We will find out within the week I think Scarf Waving AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:20 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

Yep - even with an army of advisors, he's got nearly all the big calls wrong.

I just hope we don't mega loaded chinese owners up the road, on a mission to prove RL wrong !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicoHamiltonsPants Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Haven't been on the site for a long time but found this interesting bit of news today. You all may have read it but fingers crossed!!!

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2015/02/articles/executives/micky-arison-sells-433700000-worth-of-carnival-stock/
ChicoHamiltonsPants

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:32 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I get why you see it that way and any others that do. I don't see someone sharing a similar vision to RL automatically equating to a bad owner. I too shared what RL set out to do, we all did (at the start) he just wasn't very good at it and made some terrible decisions, but not all bad. Also Doesn't mean someone with similar values will make the same mistakes as RL.A self made man, with a love for the sport or a love for the project, to me doesn't = rubbish.  I think that statement by TF is being taken too literally and I see it as, he won't sell us to a chancer and someone that's in it for the wrong reasons, to me, that's a good thing. They'll be many things RL and his advisors will be looking for and we don't know what they are, we can only guess. I would say this though, if RL was prepared to sell to just anyone, we could have been sold a dozen times over. I don't rate RL as a businessman (he was given his wealth after all) I do think he's a good man and I HOPE he will turn to those around him to help make the right decision on the new owner. I'm hopeful we will have a great new owner when it's announced.

I just don't think RL safety first approach equates to a poor choice of owner, if anything I really think it will help. Yes he made some awful choices, his biggest error was losing interest and not selling sooner. He seems to have learned from his biggest mistakes in clearing out some of dead wood (Faulkner, Lambert etc) and putting in place a much better structure, Yes the latter was Fox's doing, but he still agreed to it. Hopefully Fox has been asked for his opinions on any purchase, as well as other good and qualified individuals.

We will find out within the week I think Scarf Waving AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 3769219917
I agree with you that at heart Randy is a decent man. It's his judgement that has been consistently called into question. I also agree that this inate decency will stop him from selling to "chancers" but his peculiar view of defining moments in his and Villa's life have worried me.

Who in their right mind would blather on about Shunammite women, public service and book writing at a key moment in AVFC's future? Who would repeatedly talk about "vision" and "history" while appointing an "unappointable" manager in McCleish? Lerner has proven himself unfit to run a Premier club, because of a serious lack of business acumen and a lost grip on reality, and yet this is the man we have to trust to get right the biggest AVFC related decision he will ever make!

Do you see why my knees are knocking?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:45 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I get why you see it that way and any others that do. I don't see someone sharing a similar vision to RL automatically equating to a bad owner. I too shared what RL set out to do, we all did (at the start) he just wasn't very good at it and made some terrible decisions, but not all bad. Also Doesn't mean someone with similar values will make the same mistakes as RL.A self made man, with a love for the sport or a love for the project, to me doesn't = rubbish.  I think that statement by TF is being taken too literally and I see it as, he won't sell us to a chancer and someone that's in it for the wrong reasons, to me, that's a good thing. They'll be many things RL and his advisors will be looking for and we don't know what they are, we can only guess. I would say this though, if RL was prepared to sell to just anyone, we could have been sold a dozen times over. I don't rate RL as a businessman (he was given his wealth after all) I do think he's a good man and I HOPE he will turn to those around him to help make the right decision on the new owner. I'm hopeful we will have a great new owner when it's announced.

I agree with you that at heart Randy is a decent man. It's his judgement that has been consistently called into question. I also agree that this inate decency will stop him from selling to "chancers" but his peculiar view of defining moments in his and Villa's life have worried me.

Who in their right mind would blather on about Shunammite women, public service and book writing at a key moment in AVFC's future? Who would repeatedly talk about "vision" and "history" while appointing an "unappointable" manager in McCleish? Lerner has proven himself unfit to run a Premier club, because of a serious lack of business acumen and a lost grip on reality, and yet this is the man we have to trust to get right the biggest AVFC related decision he will ever make!

Do you see why my knees are knocking?

I see all of the above, I do however think he won't be making the decision alone and more recent decisions have been smarter. He spoke a lot more coherently last month and I beleive he seemed focused, focused on selling us to the right person/s He was forthcoming in the errors he'd made (which is a good sign, as some billionaires wouldn't see any errors due to ego) I guess it's all about opinions at this stage and the proof may not immediately be obvious as to whether someone is or isn't a good owner. Between RL, TF (if part of the process) the bank and his advisors (on a sale, not the running of a club) I'm hoping they get it right. It's not my job to convince anyone to see it my way. I totally get the rationale for your stance and there's a great deal to say that it will easily be the wrong party, however I just believe he will want his legacy at this club to be, he got the sale right and I think/hope he does. I'm hopeful and as much as I think he was bonkers for appointing McLeish, I see the process of selling a club, all together different. He seems like a man that has learned to listen and also knows he doesn't know best, is not equipped etc etc so will trust in others! *fingers crossed emoji*
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore · 15 mins15 minutes ago
Coffee and a chat with Tom Fox at VP. Some very exciting developments at our club in the coming months. #UTV

whatever that means :?:

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1492
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40