The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by tbarrules Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Paul Smith sorry
tbarrules

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:20 pm

tbarrules wrote:I think Tony Adams is just a name out there.

Paul Smith is the main front man with many investors backing him. That wouldn't be a bad situation for us at all. We were told they have major blue chip investors backing him which could mean some really big Sponsorships for us. I'd like to see this them take over.

Also Paul Smith is executive at IMG which provide sponsorships so we could have a Manchester City type sponsorship straight away if he comes in which can help rebuild the squad. The league won't suspect anything because he has been involved in football before.

Thoughts?

There's two versions of this story, one where Smith has approached investors to borrow money and the other which implies he has backing of some blue chip investors, could both mean the same thing I guess, but read very differently. I wouldn't want anyone to buy Villa with borrowed money, Worst case scenario for me....Tony Adams is a bizarre one to be involved, but I would imagine he would have very little involvement in truth. May fancy himself as a Niall Quinn type character and want to be chairman AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1662365926

I'd need to know the details of any group/individual before I'd be happy to see them buy our club!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:23 pm

I can't find any record of Paul Smith being involved in football since he was sacked by Chelsea FC in 2007. That's a long time to be away from a business which has changed out of all recognition since he was last wheeling and dealing.

This leads me to think that his reappearance is more about an opportunity to make money out of Villa, rather than making money for Villa. That worries me a bit.

villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:25 pm

tbarrules wrote:Paul Smith sorry
I know bud, was just teasing  :)
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:36 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I can't find any record of Paul Smith being involved in football since he was sacked by Chelsea FC in 2007. That's a long time to be away from a business which has changed out of all recognition since he was last wheeling and dealing.

This leads me to think that his reappearance is more about an opportunity to make money out of Villa, rather than making money for Villa. That worries me a bit.

He is involved with sporting agencies. He is still involved in football but not on ownership level.

For me he is what we need, the amount of sponsorships we would achieve would be huge with his name alone.

tbarrules

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:51 pm

tbarrules wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I can't find any record of Paul Smith being involved in football since he was sacked by Chelsea FC in 2007. That's a long time to be away from a business which has changed out of all recognition since he was last wheeling and dealing.

He is involved with sporting agencies. He is still involved in football but not on ownership level.

For me he is what we need, the amount of sponsorships we would achieve would be huge with his name alone.

I don't agree with he's what we need, as we just don't know enough about him. As for sponsorship deals, what makes you think  we would all of a sudden be getting loads due to his name? I didn't know who he was at first. If you think it's due to the fact he worked for IMG, let me remind you that we had the then current Vice President and former CEO of IMG on our BOARD when RL first bought us. Bob Kain was a director for a couple of years and we were also chasing European footy and a lot more marketable than we are now and I don't recall his name, holding much weight, certainly not to the levels you seem to think Paul Smith could. I'd love for you to be right obviously, I can't help view him as a chancer though a little like Michael Neville was when Ellis was selling us. Remember him being pictured outside his semi detached house saying he was going to buy us and take us back to the top haha!! As I said, I'd love to be wrong!

I still think we will be sold to the US and someone of similar wealth to RL, that will be just grand, if he's fully committed to it and what's to drive us forward with smart, savvy and sustainable investment.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:55 pm

I hope this Chinese interest is real. That would be a big market for us.

tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Vimbo.

That's the Villa in Limbo variation I'll using from now on.

In these years of uncertainty it's the one thing we can all our own. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1558371468
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Vimbo.

That's the Villa in Limbo variation I'll using from now on.

In these years of uncertainty it's the one thing we can all our own. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1558371468
I shall be personalising it to VBimbo, reminds me of my misspent Villa youth .... Aah, those were the days! Very Happy AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1815562058 Scarf Waving Sleep
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm

If a new Owner can't bring money lets hope he brings expertise. There are teams in prem doing much better than villa with less resources.
I don't beleive we will taken over the summer - but if we are I think it will uk based - probably Paul Smith. That would be an improvement on the current set up IMO.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:00 pm

To be fair to Lerner he shouldn't have to pump in 20-30 mill every season. Yes it was o.k. For the first 3 or 4 years then really he should of sat back and watched his investment grow and return a tidy profit. If and when he sells he will no doubt take a massive loss on his investment. Doesn't bode well for the new owners does it?
Keyser Soze

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:05 pm

The more I think about the more I think the club under transfer embargo.

Sinclair was signed Because of the Deal agreed when we got him on loan.

I'm not sure we are looking to do any transfers until a takeover has happened or we Have new chairman in place.

I also Think it's the reason those two players went to qpr.

I know Window isn't open yet but clubs are getting deals done.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:16 pm

I don't think we will be taken over either this summer, and I'd rather Randy stay then Fox/ Smith. I can see them being another mike Ashley or who ever the Blackpool owner is. They aren't rich enough to take us on either

TS will get 20-25 mill if we are lucky. With that, we need strikers, a winger, a centre mid, two full backs and a keeper. We need to sell 10 players at least
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 pm

And that 25 mill, 15 of it needs to replace the Beast
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:04 pm

DOOMED, WE ARE DOOMED CAPTAIN MANNERING!

Anyway, Barca are doing to Juve what the Arse did to us last week.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:06 pm

South London Villan wrote:DOOMED, WE ARE DOOMED CAPTAIN MANNERING!

Ha Ha, I was thinking the same thing.
Keyser Soze

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 pm

South London Villan wrote:DOOMED, WE ARE DOOMED CAPTAIN MANNERING!

not quite.. juve have had a few shots!!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Also watching the European final, so that's what football is like.  Being a villa supporter I had totally forgotten what it looked like.  Scarf WavingAVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm sat thinking I wonder if we'll ever play in this agian. 
Then getting shouted at to put the next episode of peppa on YouTube!!
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Juve have done well to get back in to this.

I am writing up a list of players to advise the new owners to buy, Pogba, Messi, Mascheran to start ........
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:43 pm

South London Villan wrote:Juve have done well to get back in to this.

I am writing up a list of players to advise the new owners to buy, Pogba, Messi, Mascheran to start ........

Don't forget to add Harry as motivational speaker and PMA coach AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 498107619 he may actually reply to a post one day.....I wait in anticipation!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1420239857
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Paul Smith had to sell his car to raise funds for a legal case in relation to his sacking at Chelsea. I really don't want anyone that skint anywhere near Villa, especially when they haven't came close to raising enough funds to buy the club yet.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 am

GadgetMan wrote:
South London Villan wrote:Juve have done well to get back in to this.

Don't forget to add Harry as motivational speaker and PMA coach AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 498107619 he may actually reply to a post one day.....I wait in anticipation!! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 1420239857

Laughing Tumbleweed
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:33 am

Suits wrote:Paul Smith had to sell his car to raise funds for a legal case in relation to his sacking at Chelsea. I really don't want anyone that skint anywhere near Villa, especially when they haven't came close to raising enough funds to buy the club yet.

You may be right about Smith's lot I'm afraid. My hopes were always with the Americans and Chinese though tbh. And according to Percy they are still interested.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 11 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:05 am

AstonThriller wrote:
Suits wrote:Paul Smith had to sell his car to raise funds for a legal case in relation to his sacking at Chelsea. I really don't want anyone that skint anywhere near Villa, especially when they haven't came close to raising enough funds to buy the club yet.

You may be right about Smith's lot I'm afraid. My hopes were always with the Americans and Chinese though tbh. And according to Percy they are still interested.
I mentioned this when Smith was first linked. It may have been an Aston Martin, but his personal financial status is paltry. He would have to leverage a buyout of AVFC, putting the club immediately into debt. The annual interest charges on hedge fund borrowing would be as much if not more than we spend on transfer fees.

Not acceptable!

A rich football cretin like Lerner is still preferable to a a knowledgeable pauper .... just!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next