The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+63
Gordonsleftboot
LukeWilliamsOBE
Thinman
Mikethevillan
viva_la_amo
Stratfordvilla
bazzah
TheTechniqueSMC
1Elliot
AntJac
thegaffer6
ROTTERDAM1982
danclare82
clarryblue
avfc85
Villabandit
TED
vbm
AstonThriller
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
South London Villan
banneruk
Dansvilla75
Keyser Soze
Sky
Cha Ching
GodzoneVilla
LVBrit
Jimmycarr
DaveAV1
Wookster
aberdarevilla
B62 Villa
gdav
Trotters
Villas Trudge
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
KMitch
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
ember
DelboyVilla
kimbo
The Utterer
jvilla
holtehero
tbarrules
avfcjoe
Jamie Gray
ejs1111
Dgrizzle7
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
Villa_Dan
mark_draper
smetro
GadgetMan
bruka
villabromsgrove
ViewFromT2
deadbuzzardalive
67 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:31 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
jimbop wrote:
smetro wrote:So whats most likley to happen to save our ass next season ?

A) Takeover ?

B)Lerner releasing more funds for team building ?

Ive given up on a - so heres hoping Lerner digs deep !

I think its just gonna come out matey without warning, I really do

Jimbop, you need a quick lesson in Quotes Very Happy You put your words after the Quote within the [ ] If you put it before then your words get lost amongst the original post. Does that make sense?

So press quote and then scroll down and start typing after the Quote within brackets!! Hope this helps matey AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 3769219917

P.s I fixed the one above Jimbop so you can see the difference. Hope that doesn't come across as patronising mate, just trying to help Scarf Waving

thanks geeza. cant believe I done it wrong as been on here for millions of months!

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:32 pm

smetro wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
smetro wrote:Not ITK but a bit of background info on how medicals work.

A player rarley fails a medical - its a bit like getting an AA report on car. On completion of the medical - the club reviews and decides whether to proceed, or in view of the medical - do they try to downgrade the fee - or pull out all together. Explains why players fail a medical at some clubs then pass them at others.

Guy who told all me this - has since had guidance from the BMA urging great care when advising for for fear of legal reprisals down the line ie 'you told me his knee was good'  or 'your medidcal advice scuppered my move to Barcelona' .....

I was of the opinion it was all down to insurance - if an issue arises from the medical then the professional insurance won't cover the club and player in the case their career is suddenly ended. It is then up to the club as to whether they wish to proceed and cover the injury on their own backs - Cisse at Stoke/Newcastle, Remy at Liverpool/Chelsea: both the clubs they finally ended at effectively covered Cisse's and Remy's risk themselves.

Yes I suppose that makes sense - but again the insurer might rack up the premuim - so the buying club tries renegtiate. His words to me were the medical is often used as a bargaining tool.....

Spot on! I have actually seen a medical report previously and it's very detailed with cautionary notes where applicable, but no pass or fail per se. As you say it's used for insurance purposes and to be fully aware of any potential problems now and in the future. The 'failed' bit is just normal talk for the club deciding they won't be pursuing the deal after looking at the medical info.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:34 pm

jimbop wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
jimbop wrote:
smetro wrote:So whats most likley to happen to save our ass next season ?

A) Takeover ?

B)Lerner releasing more funds for team building ?

Ive given up on a - so heres hoping Lerner digs deep !

I think its just gonna come out matey without warning, I really do

Jimbop, you need a quick lesson in Quotes Very Happy You put your words after the Quote within the [ ] If you put it before then your words get lost amongst the original post. Does that make sense?

So press quote and then scroll down and start typing after the Quote within brackets!! Hope this helps matey AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 3769219917

P.s I fixed the one above Jimbop so you can see the difference. Hope that doesn't come across as patronising mate, just trying to help Scarf Waving

thanks geeza.  cant believe I done it wrong as been on here for millions of months!

Think you just found a way to do it and went with that (same as me with uploading pics, still don't know if I do it the right way and I'm part of the Admin haha) You have it spot on now though AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 1815562058
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
smetro wrote:Not ITK but a bit of background info on how medicals work.

A player rarley fails a medical - its a bit like getting an AA report on car. On completion of the medical - the club reviews and decides whether to proceed, or in view of the medical - do they try to downgrade the fee - or pull out all together. Explains why players fail a medical at some clubs then pass them at others.

Guy who told all me this - has since had guidance from the BMA urging great care when advising for for fear of legal reprisals down the line ie 'you told me his knee was good'  or 'your medidcal advice scuppered my move to Barcelona' .....

I was of the opinion it was all down to insurance - if an issue arises from the medical then the professional insurance won't cover the club and player in the case their career is suddenly ended. It is then up to the club as to whether they wish to proceed and cover the injury on their own backs - Cisse at Stoke/Newcastle, Remy at Liverpool/Chelsea: both the clubs they finally ended at effectively covered Cisse's and Remy's risk themselves.

Yes I suppose that makes sense - but again the insurer might rack up the premuim - so the buying club tries renegtiate. His words to me were the medical is often used as a bargaining tool.....

Spot on! I have actually seen a medical report previously and it's very detailed with cautionary notes where applicable, but no pass or fail per se. As you say it's used for insurance purposes and to be fully aware of any potential problems now and in the future. The 'failed' bit is just normal talk for the club deciding they won't be pursuing the deal after looking at the medical info.

Agreed. They don't fail, they just inform them of the condition - so the club gets told, for example, "Player X has a heart condition" so they speak to the insurer, the insurer says they won't cover it, so the club has to renegotiate with both the player and the club to come to a figure in which they're happy to take on the risk of that issue curtailing their career.

All about the risk.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Which was my point about Trippier - if his medical flagged something take into account that he has averaged 48 (!!) games a season for Burnley the last 3 years (145 games in 3 years)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Do managers have medicals ?

Because if its all about risk - we wouldn't have gotten Mcleish ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:08 pm

smetro wrote:Do managers have medicals ?

Haha!! I'll never ever understand what was going through Lerner's mind with that one.

Managers do now have to have a annual medical to check heart, health etc! I don't know if they do before they start? Possibly do though, just a different kind of one to that of a player.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Haha!! I'll never ever understand what was going through Lerner's mind with that one.

Managers do now have to have a annual medical to check heart, health etc! I don't know if they do before they start? Possibly do though, just a different kind of one to that of a player.

how did my houllier slip thru the net!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Lerner by then didn't care about risk just cost saving!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villas Trudge Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:12 pm

I like this forum, it gives me hope - as Villa fans that's all we sadly have. For years, even before the Lerner days we have always been a secretive club, leaving fans in the dark. Look at other clubs they rarely do this - we all know Tom Cleverly will go to Everton, we know Benteke will be on his way this summer. We know about the WBA takeover and Palace, Southampton etc... similar new regarding takeover or transfers at Villa it will randomly pop up on the club website one day.

We must be hopeful of better things at this amazing club, we have been hopeful for the last 4 years and whats changed? As fans we are still scouring the net for any glimpse of news, as a club we are still returning 38 points.

Realistically until that random post on AV official pops up telling us about a takeover or signing it will be exactly the same summer as last year for us fans and the club. TS will remove the deadwood and players looking to move on first, then he will bring in young, untested players we haven't heard of before - just like Benteke was. In 3 years time the players that have done well will move on (Benteke, Milner, Downing, Young). Villa as a club will stay static, hopefully to continue to avoid relegation. Relegation would be terrible for the club but for us fans in my opinion would be awesome. We could talk about promotion, away trips and more positive things - we would stop clinging onto hope and news about a possible takeover or a player we may sign - we wouldn't need to worry about the transfer deadline and that feeling we all get of disappointment that another window has shut without activity.

I cling onto hope as a Villa fan as that's all I've got, I don't wish for relegation but it would certainly take off the shackles that hope brings. - I could be wrong and some exciting news may appear suddenly on AV official to relieve our stresses. Until that time I will try and stay clear of any hear say as that's just torture. UTV VTID
Villas Trudge

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:17 pm

I think relegation would be a disaster because we wouldn't come back up, we'd be stuck in the wilderness of lower league football
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villas Trudge Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I think relegation would be a disaster because we wouldn't come back up, we'd be stuck in the wilderness of lower league football

Like I said... maybe terrible for the club(status, finacially, jobs etc...) but as a fan the football would be more enjoyable to watch imo and we would have a chance of success and excitement of chasing promotion. If excitement of avoiding relegation floats your boat then so be it.
Villas Trudge

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I think relegation would be a disaster because we wouldn't come back up, we'd be stuck in the wilderness of lower league football

Argree, the gulf between the divisions is ever increasing & the whatever relief felt wouldn't take long to be replaced by frustration at being a lower league club. I truly believe we're too big to have that mindset. Yes, recent years have been hard, but that's what sets us apart from the other Midlands teams; we belong in the top league & nothing less should be acceptable. Might take a little bit of time, but we're on our way back up, I'm convinced of it
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:I like this forum, it gives me hope - as Villa fans that's all we sadly have. For years, even before the Lerner days we have always been a secretive club, leaving fans in the dark. Look at other clubs they rarely do this - we all know Tom Cleverly will go to Everton, we know Benteke will be on his way this summer. We know about the WBA takeover and Palace, Southampton etc... similar new regarding takeover or transfers at Villa it will randomly pop up on the club website one day.

We must be hopeful of better things at this amazing club, we have been hopeful for the last 4 years and whats changed? As fans we are still scouring the net for any glimpse of news, as a club we are still returning 38 points.

Realistically until that random post on AV official pops up telling us about a takeover or signing it will be exactly the same summer as last year for us fans and the club. TS will remove the deadwood and players looking to move on first, then he will bring in young, untested players we haven't heard of before - just like Benteke was. In 3 years time the players that have done well will move on (Benteke, Milner, Downing, Young). Villa as a club will stay static, hopefully to continue to avoid relegation. Relegation would be terrible for the club but for us fans in my opinion would be awesome. We could talk about promotion, away trips and more positive things - we would stop clinging onto hope and news about a possible takeover or a player we may sign - we wouldn't need to worry about the transfer deadline and that feeling we all get of disappointment that another window has shut without activity.

I cling onto hope as a Villa fan as that's all I've got, I don't wish for relegation but it would certainly take off the shackles that hope brings. - I could be wrong and some exciting news may appear suddenly on AV official to relieve our stresses. Until that time I will try and stay clear of any hear say as that's just torture. UTV VTID

Hi Villa Trudge, welcome to the forum, good to have you Scarf Waving

I totally get what you mean about hope. It is all we have, like many other fans of many others Teams. I personally see relegation as a total disaster anyway I look at it, however I see your point.

I think better times await us, so don't give up hoping just yet AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 3769219917 hope to see you post more even if it's not the takeover speculation and rumour thread!! UTV
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:

Like I said... maybe terrible for the club(status, finacially, jobs etc...) but as a fan the football would be more enjoyable to watch imo and we would have a chance of success and excitement of chasing promotion. If excitement of avoiding relegation floats your boat then so be it.

It doesn't float my boat, but I don't think we would have any success. We'd be a mid-table championship side. It would crush the club, attendances would fall through the floor. I'd be there but like fuck would I be happy seeing us playing at Huddersfield. So, as a fan, I'd HATE it
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Another one due in later today.

We are either spending benteke money or have new owners!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Another one due in later today.

The only downside is no of them are signing up ?

There not coming in to laugh at us at they ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:I like this forum, it gives me hope - as Villa fans that's all we sadly have. For years, even before the Lerner days we have always been a secretive club, leaving fans in the dark. Look at other clubs they rarely do this - we all know Tom Cleverly will go to Everton, we know Benteke will be on his way this summer. We know about the WBA takeover and Palace, Southampton etc... similar new regarding takeover or transfers at Villa it will randomly pop up on the club website one day.

Welcome Villatrudge - its good to have you here.

Do not despair, think of the marvellous staduim, past glories, those rich claret shirts, a packed holte end......

[its just when the f****** start kicking the ball around that I despair]

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 pm

smetro wrote:

The only downside is no of them are signing up ?

There not coming in to laugh at us at they ?
Yeah, I'm honestly not being funny here with you T2 - saying 'another one' implies that some have already come and that simply isn't true, or at the very least, official. I'm not saying nothing is going on (quite clearly we need a *bit* of a maniacal summer, especially if we are to have as many 'outs' as has been implied by Sherwood/the media) but nothing has happened yet, so I'm not sure why you're talking like it has.

If it turns out that you're right, then absolutely fair enough, but I am sure you can appreciate why some may not be taking your words all that seriously at this stage?
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:21 pm

A warm welcome, VillaTrudge.

Four players in for a look around our wonderful club? Sounds good. And already they've done more than the eleven than "turned up" at Wembley.

If there's any truth in this then it can only be that we've been taken over OR it's the Benteke money we're spending.

But surely we'd try and hold onto him until we can get a bit of an auction going or to show him the quality he'll be working alongside?

So I'm leaning toward thinking that this is someone else's money TS is spending.

That is, if there's any truth in the four players being at VP.

I imagine Nzog's agent will be busy on the phone if he gets wind of this.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:25 pm

I know you've said you won't mention names but at least mention positions as being vague is an ITK's safe ground
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Im all for T2 sharing his info. If you don't beleive him, you don't have to...

At least it gives up some hope.....

Id be excited at a couple of 35 year old centre backs that have spent there entire career at Stockport County the way things are going !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Summer is shit for footy if there's no international tournaments, rumour and "leaks" is what keeps me from topping myself out of boredom
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:55 pm

smetro wrote:Im all for T2 sharing his info. If you don't beleive him, you don't have to...
...is the exact stance we take on everything info wise! :)  
Well other than the blatant trolls (Every time I see  Dancing Banana I can't help but get a little irritated....)
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 7 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Even if the rumours of these players aren't true it still makes the forum a lot more interesting and I'm sure T2 has been given this info by somebody who he knows and trusts.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next