The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
LukeWilliamsOBE
Saunders82
Thabucks
ejs1111
B62 Villa
mark_draper
AntJac
Thinman
Mikethevillan
Jimmycarr
banneruk
Saunders
TED
Synopsis
hawk190601
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
Olofsbeard
andrew24561
Sky
AVFClee
Cha Ching
South London Villan
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
tbarrules
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
avfc85
VTID85
VillaBill
Wookster
HarryAVFC
gdale1
Dazzle
LVBrit
smetro
Leafs1201
AstonThriller
gdav
villabromsgrove
Dgrizzle7
Villa jimmy
ember
Trotters
Suits
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
jvilla
UrmstonVilla
mefromhere
dsmiggy
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
Poseidon
64 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:57 am

The new kit design is done - two tone with horizontal pin stripes - supposed to be like the le coq kits on 1983/4 .....sounds good.

The hold up can only be the shirt sponsor.......so perhaps TF isn't the whiz we thought in this area.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:02 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only thing that is giving me hope at the moment, is what Jamie Gray has been saying on twitter. He doesn't seem the type to make stuff up either.

I must admit that I agree totally with this.

I pay no credence to any of the journo's that are being drip fed what amounts to nothing....Jamie appears to know something, but is being a little cagey...understandably.

I think it's clear now though that the players don't know jack shit...which was obvious anyway!

I'm clutching at the minute hoping the takeover will happen this season.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am

Not fussed who the sponsor is tbh as long as its more money than Dafabet im happy.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:15 am

smetro wrote:The new kit design is done - two tone with horizontal pin stripes - supposed to be like the le coq kits on 1983/4 .....sounds good.

The hold up can only be the shirt sponsor.......so perhaps TF isn't the whiz we thought in this area.

Not strictly true that is it? Did you see the deals he pulled off at Arsenal?

The sponsor will be related to the takeover...has to be. Scarf Waving
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:16 am

kimbo wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:
smetro wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:IncogAVFC ‏@IncogAVFC  3m3 minutes ago
Your welcome , on my return, has reduced me to tears. I can only thank you and promise massive news in the coming hours #AVFC

Thats a clone account.

Anyway by comparison some solid info (well from a WBA fan) - The Albion takeover isn't happening.  

fair enough. i dont really do twitter. just read it now and again! probably sounded more exciting than it actually is!
Incog is a twat dude. Wouldn't worry about anything he has to say about anything, whatever sperm he managed to beat to the egg should be very ashamed of themselves.

wasnt incog once nicknamed incock on here last year?

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:18 am

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Not fussed who the sponsor is tbh as long as its more money than Dafabet im happy.

That's exactly the point. Sponsors are sponsors, all we really care about, as fans, is how much they're paying the club.

Dafabet was a sizeable deal wasn't it?
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:20 am

mark_draper wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:Not fussed who the sponsor is tbh as long as its more money than Dafabet im happy.

That's exactly the point. Sponsors are sponsors, all we really care about, as fans, is how much they're paying the club.

Not in comparison no.
But then again we are not a top six club anymore - so the product isn't as good = less money.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:21 am

South London Villan wrote:For all we know the interest from around the World may mean there is a bidding war now going on between a very rich Chinese, very very rich Azerbaijani, Petro Dollar mega rich Arab and a multi multi multi billionaire software developer from America.
They all saw the magnificent support for Aston Villa, realised the potential a hugely successful Midlands club could have with such a large catchment. A club that has support from the highest echelons of the British establishment and gone I could do so much for that club. I need to buy them before a mad Russian buys them.

Andy Gray is based in Doha, Qatar and has been trying to raise interest from Arabian billionaires.
We are approaching the pre Ramadan season and this means the UK will become the playground to many of the richest Arabs and their offsping.
A trip to Warwick Castle and Stratford on Avon then whilst flying to The Scottish Highlands for a spot of shooting, stop off at BMH, buy a Soccer club and give Mr Fox a cheque for £500 mill with the instructions to buy the very best and ensure we finish above Man City as he does not like them as ghey are from the neighbouribg Kingdom and his horse beat his in the Derby last year

great post geeza Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:23 am

smetro wrote:

[Tin hat on - as I know there is a lot love for Tom Fox]
No there isn't. Some of us just defended him early on because a section of the fans were slating him before he'd had chance to do a single fucking thing; if there's anything else that people like about him, it's simply knowing that he's so much more qualified than Paul Faulkner for the position that it's practically like something out of a sitcom. That's all.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am

mark_draper wrote:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11354724/kit-deal-more-important-ever-premier-league

Just to compare.

Arsenals kit deal (Puma/Emirates) is worth $100m per year
Villa's kit deal (Macron/Dafabet) is worth $14.5m per year - ranked 8th best in the premier league

Clearly the size and reputation of the club makes a hell of a difference, but it's not solely that. Arsenal earn more from their kit deal than Real Madrid and Barcelona!!

We should be looking up towards the $20-$25m dollars per year with this next kit deal in my opinion.

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:51 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I know it's not much to go on, but Andy Gray's son on twitter seems quite confident that something's going to happen. Says he has reason to be confident.

I'm sure given his dad's football contacts he hears a bit, however knowing him, he is a straight up guy and wouldn't want people getting carried away off his tweets. He has responded to many tweets asking him in a pretty generic way. I wouldn't read too much into specific tweets without context. I'm sure Jamie may speak for himself though.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:56 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only thing that is giving me hope at the moment, is what Jamie Gray has been saying on twitter. He doesn't seem the type to make stuff up either.

As i posted earlier, Jamie wouldn't want people getting their hopes up of his tweets, they're just convos with mates and his opinion, he's not presenting it as FACT!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 am

DelboyVilla wrote:

What is Jamie Gray's day job?

I'd say irrelevant like the rest of us to be fair mate. If I appear defensive of him, I am. He's a mate and until he can post and vouch for himself I'm not overly keen on his tweets being massively scrutinised. As I've said, he's a well meaning good chap and wouldn't want all this hype over stuff he tweets. I'm sure he will tell you exactly that. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Suits wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

What is Jamie Gray's day job?

I don't know, I presume if he knows anything it's because of his father Andy Gray. The other day he said that he knows people who know people.

Jamie is getting his info off Howard, not his Dad.

With respect I speak to Jamie daily and that isn't the case at all. You're wide of the mark there mate. We can't just speculate about individuals as it can harm relationships. For instance, I speak to Howard regularly, does that mean I get loads of info off him? Jamie has a pretty well known dad and as a result probably gets to hear more than the average joe, however people are tweeting the odd tweet without context to the conversation. I've spoken to Jamie today and he's not keen on his name being used to over inflate speculation (I say this generally to all and not anyone specifically) He wasn't aware that his tweets were being looked at so closely. Twitter is a huge huge place. Let's leave it there re Jamie please. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 39 3769219917 Thanks
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:07 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
smetro wrote:
TED wrote:It's amazing how this year there is NO talk of people deciding not to renew their season tickets.
It's surprising despite the last 5 years getting progressively worse year on year that the focus is not on Lerner OUT and a boycott of season tickets.
I wonder if as previously pointed out the annual statement by Lerner (happens this time each year) is a way of manipulating some naivety?
It succeeds in removing the Focus away from the awful performances sub standard players and woeful club structure? And a chairman who has used others to buffer the fans reaction.
Look at recent history Lerner replaces Lambert with TS fans ecstatic which removes the scrutiny from the fact it was in February and too late to allow TS an opportunity to strengthen in the transfer window. Clever.
As for Tom Fox employed by Lerner. He gave the  speech  backing Lambert yet Lambert sacked weeks later. He has Tried to convince us Lerner was rejuvenated yet Lerner has come out and confirmed he wants out.
What exactly has Fox brought to the club apart from contradiction and support of Lerners policies?As For Letners plan B we currently have that. He owns the club he will not spend.

I actually think I heard ST sales are up this year. Perhaps due to the cup run.

Tom Fox to me is a lot of hype, sure he has a great commercial background and blows faulkner out of the water in that respect, but as a strategy to drive the club forward, Ive seen nothing. He waited until he had no option to dismiss Lambert and then recruited the easiest available option.

[Tin hat on - as I know there is a lot love for Tom Fox]

I think we will start to see if Tom Fox is all that over the coming  weeks. The most interesting subject for me at the moment is the total lack of new kit announcement...this seasons kit was launch on 2 June last year, year before that it was 2nd week of June...as of today, there is absolutely no sign of a new kit being announce....this is very strange.

We know Dafabet are gone...so the first test for Tom Fox is the deal he has found for a shirt sponsor.
Rumours that Macron have been binned (and refuted elsewhere)...I just wonder if the kit is in some way connected to ongoing takeover discussions?

We are notoriously late in revealing kit deals, nothing to see here imo
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:07 pm

Just to add to the speculation!!

Just a thought on the Cabaye failed loan attempt.

Are we unable to sign players on a perm basis until completion of the rumoured takeover, hence only offering a loan with option to buy?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 pm

smetro wrote:This has been outed now - but I had heard lycamobile were set to be our new sponsor.

Part of Orange and therefore EE I think, big in the Canaries.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Just to add to the speculation!!

Are we unable to sign players on a perm basis until completion of the rumoured takeover, hence only offering a loan with option to buy?

Can someone fill me in on this? I've been busy this morning and missed this one?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:19 pm

To be fair I don't think Jamie Gray should be tweeting the stuff that he has been tweeting given his connections, if he doesn't want anyone to speculate on his words. With or without context he seems to be suggesting that he knows something might be happening. But I can appreciate he wouldn't like to get anyone's hopes up and people can be cruel if you hint at something happening and then it doesn't.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:27 pm

GadgetMan wrote:We are notoriously late in revealing kit deals, nothing to see here imo

Disagree....but hey ho!

Current kit was released this time last year
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 pm

smetro wrote:The new kit design is done - two tone with horizontal pin stripes - supposed to be like the le coq kits on 1983/4 .....sounds good.

Don't mean to be blunt...but says who?

Nothing at all anywhere on the net...apart from speculation on forums....is this from the supposed Macron Insider on on of the other boards?

oh..and if it is correct what you say....I gotta be honest, horizontal pin stripes sound shite...sounds like current west ham kit, no thanks!!...but I'll wait and see how it looks.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Can someone fill me in on this? I've been busy this morning and missed this one?

Long story short, apparantly we’ve been beaten to the signing of Cabaye by the looks cos we only offered a loan deal.QPR have offered 10m
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

Long story short, apparantly we’ve been beaten to the signing of Cabaye by the looks cos we only offered a loan deal.QPR have offered 10m

Crystal Palace
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:46 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:To be fair I don't think Jamie Gray should be tweeting the stuff that he has been tweeting given his connections, if he doesn't want anyone to speculate on his words. With or without context he seems to be suggesting that he knows something might be happening. But I can appreciate he wouldn't like to get anyone's hopes up and people can be cruel if you hint at something happening and then it doesn't.

Tweeting and posting on forums is everybody's right. The only disqualifier should be if you're an 'insider' and you're leaking privileged information that may damage the people who pay your wages. Anyone can tweet and post as much as they like as long as they accept that their words will be scrutinised and debated.

Fan's forums need a daily input of info and speculation to make our debates interesting and enjoyable.Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:50 pm

oooooooooo larry larry, larry larry larry larry ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next