The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
LukeWilliamsOBE
Saunders82
Thabucks
ejs1111
B62 Villa
mark_draper
AntJac
Thinman
Mikethevillan
Jimmycarr
banneruk
Saunders
TED
Synopsis
hawk190601
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
Olofsbeard
andrew24561
Sky
AVFClee
Cha Ching
South London Villan
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
tbarrules
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
avfc85
VTID85
VillaBill
Wookster
HarryAVFC
gdale1
Dazzle
LVBrit
smetro
Leafs1201
AstonThriller
gdav
villabromsgrove
Dgrizzle7
Villa jimmy
ember
Trotters
Suits
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
jvilla
UrmstonVilla
mefromhere
dsmiggy
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
Poseidon
64 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AstonThriller Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Another interesting tweet tonight

DonCorleone ‏@DonAvfc
@AVFCOfficial are set to announce the sale of the club to @JaguarUK in the next 48hours #avfc

Would major if this were true..would be like how Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star11

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Another interesting tweet tonight

DonCorleone ‏@DonAvfc
@AVFCOfficial are set to announce the sale of the club to @JaguarUK in the next 48hours #avfc

Would major if this were true..would be like how Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen.

Could defo see them as shirt sponsors...but owners?....nah
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by therailboy Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:58 pm

...fits with Deplh's, "we'll be another animal" statement
therailboy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:33 am

AstonThriller wrote:Another interesting tweet tonight

DonCorleone ‏@DonAvfc

I suppose it's a UK-based bid that wouldn't fill me with dread, so that's nice.

But given that was his 4th tweet, and his 3rd tweet suggested that Matty Phillips was signing from QPR this week, I think it's safe to say I'm not giving this too much credence.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:28 am

The guy who runs that Twitter account is a wolves fan and made a similar account before and gave out plenty of 'ITK' information about Villa which never came to fruition.
Suits

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:07 am

Wolves eh? I figured he'd be a 'Nose or Baggie. Ah well, takes all sorts I guess.
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:57 am

People used to do jigsaws when they were bored, maybe build a 1:72 scale Spitfire or spanner one off. Now they make up things on the Internet. Great.

If this guy is one of the army of Anubis, it makes sense he hasn't had many tweets. They've only just had computers there.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:21 am

Must admit, after initially regaining some hope earlier this week that the takeover was imminent....this Yohan Cabaye story makes me wonder again.
If we had a buyer about to sign on the dotted line...why are we only offering Cabaye a loan deal with an option?....and crystal Palace, who almost went bust very recently can bid £10m?

I believe the new owner will be a fantastic custodian of the club, which appears to be Lerner's priority......but he won't have the kind of money we are all hoping for. In which case, we may aswell stay as we are!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:31 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:Must admit, after initially regaining some hope earlier this week that the takeover was imminent....this Yohan Cabaye story makes me wonder again.
If we had a buyer about to sign on the dotted line...why are we only offering Cabaye a loan deal with an option?....and crystal Palace, who almost went bust very recently can bid £10m?

I believe the new owner will be a fantastic custodian of the club, which appears to be Lerner's priority......but he won't have the kind of money we are all hoping for. In which case, we may aswell stay as we are!

A new owner even if only able to be able to provide similar funds - might avoid the complete abortion of managerial appointments that I beleive have plagued our club over recent years:-

Houllier
Mcleish
Lambert*
Sherwood**

looking at that lot esp the first two - it wonder we are still in the PL, even if we are hanging on by our very fingernails...

*Lambert - This looked a reasonable appt at the time
**Sherwood - Early days I suppose - but ominous signs IMO
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:47 am

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Must admit, after initially regaining some hope earlier this week that the takeover was imminent....this Yohan Cabaye story makes me wonder again.

A new owner even if only able to be able to provide similar funds - might avoid the complete abortion of managerial appointments that I beleive have plagued our club over recent years:-

Houllier
Mcleish
Lambert*
Sherwood**

looking at that lot esp the first two - it wonder we are still in the PL, even if we are hanging on by our very fingernails...

*Lambert - This looked a reasonable appt at the time
**Sherwood - Early days I suppose - but ominous signs IMO

Well I want to remain as positive as possible, and the fact we are even trying to do a deal for a player of that quality gives me hope for next season. Not having the funds to actually get him through the door....meh!
I cling to Sherwood's words that he would utilise the players he had in the only way he could in order to stay up...as well as stating that things will be very different next season. He at least deserves our full support until given chance to do just that.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

Unless there is a lot of smoke and mirror chicanery going on, all the "leaking" evidence points to no sale of the club, and carry on as per the last few years. If true then of all the players linked the Cabaye story would be most damning against the belief the club is being sold to someone wanting to spend money, because he is actually good enough and would be the type of level player the club would initially need to obtain in making steps to compete and raise their profile. Bolted to the speculated departure of Cleverley to Everton, Benteke wanting out, and Sherwood looking at lower league players, you are given little option but to assume NO SALE! God only knows i hope it's smoke and mirrors, but the alternative is quickly becoming a fairy story..........which doesn't happen for Aston Villa!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 am

Dazzle wrote:Unless there is a lot of smoke and mirror chicanery going on, all the "leaking" evidence points to no sale of the club, and carry on as per the last few years. If true then of all the players linked the Cabaye story would be most damning against the belief the club is being sold to someone wanting to spend money, because he is actually good enough and would be the type of level player the club would initially need to obtain in making steps to compete and raise their profile. Bolted to the speculated departure of Cleverley to Everton, Benteke wanting out, and Sherwood looking at lower league players, you are given little option but to assume NO SALE! God only knows i hope it's smoke and mirrors, but the alternative is quickly becoming a fairy story..........which doesn't happen for Aston Villa!

Bottom line is palace stumped up £10m & we offered a loan .....!!!!!!! - What would you do ?

Of course some bored billionarre could wake up this morning and think ' you know what ? Im gunna buy Aston Villa'

But talk of done and dusted looks fanciful imo.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 am

smetro wrote:
Dazzle wrote:Unless there is a lot of smoke and mirror chicanery going on, all the "leaking" evidence points to no sale of the club, and carry on as per the last few years. If true then of all the players linked the Cabaye story would be most damning against the belief the club is being sold to someone wanting to spend money, because he is actually good enough and would be the type of level player the club would initially need to obtain in making steps to compete and raise their profile. Bolted to the speculated departure of Cleverley to Everton, Benteke wanting out, and Sherwood looking at lower league players, you are given little option but to assume NO SALE! God only knows i hope it's smoke and mirrors, but the alternative is quickly becoming a fairy story..........which doesn't happen for Aston Villa!

Bottom line is palace stumped up £10m & we offered a loan .....!!!!!!! - What would you do ?

Of course some bored billionarre could wake up this morning and think ' you know what ? Im gunna buy Aston Villa'

But talk of done and dusted looks fanciful imo.

My point exactly. If any GOOD sale of the club was done and dusted then players such as Cabaye would be secured no problem. Villa certainly wouldn't be playing second fiddle to Crystal Palace. For me it's looking like same old same old.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:34 am

I am in the no idea camp. A lot of people seem adamant that there is something going on yet there are no names coming from the credible people. Lerner is talking bollox as usual. I am sitting in Saudi at the moment and cannot believe there is no interest from here. Within the Royal family there is no concept of money and they are football crazy over here. Would love it if the guy who owns the Kingdom Tower in Riyadh and is currently building the 1km high Kingdom Tower in Jeddah to buy us. He just offered Bentleys to the whole of the Saudi Air Force and is building the tallest building in the world somewhere where very few people will ever see it, just because he can (He wanted to go a mile high but the ground wasn't good enough). They just want to show the Emiratis and Qataris who's boss in the middle east so buying a football club would be the logical thing to do. My worry is that they would just go and buy out the Glazers and have the biggest club in the world ready made?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:36 am

The only thing that is giving me hope at the moment, is what Jamie Gray has been saying on twitter. He doesn't seem the type to make stuff up either.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:41 am

Why would we want to give agents and other clubs the opportunity to raise prices by 10% because they think we have a sugar daddy.
As per a previous comment Sherwood utilised the squad to keep us up and will have a very clear idea in his own mind as to how he wants to play and the players he needs to do that.
I think he is sensible enough to see that doing an O'Neill and keep going to the well for more money for more players undermines the confidence an owner has in you.
He has also seen Liverpool and Spurs spend big bucks and not get the blend right. There is a balancing act to what you spend and who you get and any prospective new owner will hopefully be shrewd enough to let Tim get on and try and make the additions he needs without having to pay over the odds.
I still have a hunch that there will be a sale soon and we will have to tone down our expectations on trying to get Daddy Warbucks to spend.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only thing that is giving me hope at the moment, is what Jamie Gray has been saying on twitter. He doesn't seem the type to make stuff up either.

What is Jamie Gray's day job?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only thing that is giving me hope at the moment, is what Jamie Gray has been saying on twitter. He doesn't seem the type to make stuff up either.

I don't know, I presume if he knows anything it's because of his father Andy Gray. The other day he said that he knows people who know people.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:59 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

I don't know, I presume if he knows anything it's because of his father Andy Gray. The other day he said that he knows people who know people.

Jamie is getting his info off Howard, not his Dad.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

I must admit that I agree totally with this.

I pay no credence to any of the journo's that are being drip fed what amounts to nothing....Jamie appears to know something, but is being a little cagey...understandably.

I think it's clear now though that the players don't know jack shit...which was obvious anyway!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:16 am

It's amazing how this year there is NO talk of people deciding not to renew their season tickets.
It's surprising despite the last 5 years getting progressively worse year on year that the focus is not on Lerner OUT and a boycott of season tickets.
I wonder if as previously pointed out the annual statement by Lerner (happens this time each year) is a way of manipulating some naivety?
It succeeds in removing the Focus away from the awful performances sub standard players and woeful club structure? And a chairman who has used others to buffer the fans reaction.
Look at recent history Lerner replaces Lambert with TS fans ecstatic which removes the scrutiny from the fact it was in February and too late to allow TS an opportunity to strengthen in the transfer window. Clever.
As for Tom Fox employed by Lerner. He gave the speech backing Lambert yet Lambert sacked weeks later. He has Tried to convince us Lerner was rejuvenated yet Lerner has come out and confirmed he wants out.
What exactly has Fox brought to the club apart from contradiction and support of Lerners policies?
As For Letners plan B we currently have that. He owns the club he will not spend.
TED

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 am

TED wrote:It's amazing how this year there is NO talk of people deciding not to renew their season tickets.
It's surprising despite the last 5 years getting progressively worse year on year that the focus is not on Lerner OUT and a boycott of season tickets.
I wonder if as previously pointed out the annual statement by Lerner (happens this time each year) is a way of manipulating some naivety?
It succeeds in removing the Focus away from the awful performances sub standard players and woeful club structure? And a chairman who has used others to buffer the fans reaction.
Look at recent history Lerner replaces Lambert with TS fans ecstatic which removes the scrutiny from the fact it was in February and too late to allow TS an opportunity to strengthen in the transfer window. Clever.
As for Tom Fox employed by Lerner. He gave the  speech  backing Lambert yet Lambert sacked weeks later. He has Tried to convince us Lerner was rejuvenated yet Lerner has come out and confirmed he wants out.
What exactly has Fox brought to the club apart from contradiction and support of Lerners policies?As For Letners plan B we currently have that. He owns the club he will not spend.

I actually think I heard ST sales are up this year. Perhaps due to the cup run.

Tom Fox to me is a lot of hype, sure he has a great commercial background and blows faulkner out of the water in that respect, but as a strategy to drive the club forward, Ive seen nothing. He waited until he had no option to dismiss Lambert and then recruited the easiest available option.

[Tin hat on - as I know there is a lot love for Tom Fox]
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:43 am

smetro wrote:
TED wrote:It's amazing how this year there is NO talk of people deciding not to renew their season tickets.
As for Tom Fox employed by Lerner. He gave the  speech  backing Lambert yet Lambert sacked weeks later. He has Tried to convince us Lerner was rejuvenated yet Lerner has come out and confirmed he wants out.
What exactly has Fox brought to the club apart from contradiction and support of Lerners policies?As For Letners plan B we currently have that. He owns the club he will not spend.

I actually think I heard ST sales are up this year. Perhaps due to the cup run.

Tom Fox to me is a lot of hype, sure he has a great commercial background and blows faulkner out of the water in that respect, but as a strategy to drive the club forward, Ive seen nothing. He waited until he had no option to dismiss Lambert and then recruited the easiest available option.

[Tin hat on - as I know there is a lot love for Tom Fox]

I think we will start to see if Tom Fox is all that over the coming weeks. The most interesting subject for me at the moment is the total lack of new kit announcement...this seasons kit was launch on 2 June last year, year before that it was 2nd week of June...as of today, there is absolutely no sign of a new kit being announce....this is very strange.

We know Dafabet are gone...so the first test for Tom Fox is the deal he has found for a shirt sponsor.
Rumours that Macron have been binned (and refuted elsewhere)...I just wonder if the kit is in some way connected to ongoing takeover discussions?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:49 am

I've renewed my season ticket. Not out of any naïvety. Just because I always will. Had it since O'Leary, not going to change now based on maybe a new owner.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:50 am

This has been outed now - but I had heard lycamobile were set to be our new sponsor.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next