The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
LukeWilliamsOBE
Saunders82
Thabucks
ejs1111
B62 Villa
mark_draper
AntJac
Thinman
Mikethevillan
Jimmycarr
banneruk
Saunders
TED
Synopsis
hawk190601
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
Olofsbeard
andrew24561
Sky
AVFClee
Cha Ching
South London Villan
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
tbarrules
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
avfc85
VTID85
VillaBill
Wookster
HarryAVFC
gdale1
Dazzle
LVBrit
smetro
Leafs1201
AstonThriller
gdav
villabromsgrove
Dgrizzle7
Villa jimmy
ember
Trotters
Suits
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
jvilla
UrmstonVilla
mefromhere
dsmiggy
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
Poseidon
64 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 am

It was also said that we have two serious buyers, no where in the article was this stated, it was conveniently bolted on. There is a pattern developing that follows seasons of past. At the moment villa are flavour of the month with the FA cup final. I expect nothing but silence when the FA cup is over.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:56 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:

I think we're splitting hairs here. A journalist publishes a story, an exlcusive interview with Randy - Randy gets approval of the text before it goes to print. The published story is not an exact transcript of an interview. The journalist is quaified to make assumptions after speaking with the owner - he has just interviewed the main player in the entire story. You're questioning the journo's interpretation. If he's such a lazy journalist then why didn't he come out and say Randy's considering offers from 5 different countries? 5's better than 2 no? Anyhoos - we'll think of it differently no doubt.

So he read between the lines....and made his own version up?

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 50815218

Agree to disagree?

For sure! We'll know the truth for certain come the summer. I won't be too unhappy with the Plan B - but needs a bit of clarifying on what the budget will be...
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 27, 2015 10:56 am

From looking at that journos twitter someone asked if he got the feeling a deal was close form talking to Lerner, he said "yup" then later said "well, am told 2 parties in serious talks but it's up to them to step up now. Hard to be sure. Either way, he won't be chair"

Who told him there were these parties? On the surface it would make sense to think it was Lerner after having an exclusive interview but probably not
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 10:56 am

jvilla wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Oh yes, the public are completely naive! Erm, this all stems from an interview with Randy Lerner, you know, the owner, he is quoted as the source for this information that you are now reading with your very eyes. Not being funny here, but you can take a glass half empty approach all you like, but the only possible deception going on here is what Randy wants to peddle and that's a question of if you trust what Randy says. If you want an example of lazy journalism go onto goal.com. Also, who's bought the times? It was all published online and shared on every forum last night...

You're missing the point...Lerner never mentioned 2 buyers....the journo added that on Twitter afterwards!

Erm, the journo published after doing a candid interview with the owner of Aston Villa, if you are going to believe any journo at any stage of this whole darned process, then this one is a pretty good shot. Which other journo has interviewed Randy lately?

Exactly! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 1558371468

........and Lerner never mentioned any buyers....just that he has had interest from around the world. The only thing we actually learnt from this interview, is that Lerner is still alive!

The 2 serious buyers bit is rumour.

I think we're splitting hairs here. A journalist publishes a story, an exlcusive interview with Randy - Randy gets approval of the text before it goes to print. The published story is not an exact transcript of an interview. The journalist is quaified to make assumptions after speaking with the owner - he has just interviewed the main player in the entire story. You're questioning the journo's interpretation. If he's such a lazy journalist then why didn't he come out and say Randy's considering offers from 5 different countries? 5's better than 2 no? Anyhoos - we'll think of it differently no doubt.

Cut to the chase:-

Is there anything in that article that makes you beleive the sale of Aston Villa is imminent ? [has to be 'no' for me]

Last edited by smetro on Wed May 27, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formating)
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 11:08 am

[quote=

Is there anything in that article that makes you beleive the sale of Aston Villa is imminent ? [has to be 'no' for me]

[/quote]

I'd say the interview sweeps away the speculation of the last few months and gives us some sort of facts to work with, so long as you think Randy and the journo credible. The interview tells us also that the club is not set to just drift in the absence of a takeover. It tells us that Randy is looking for an exit regardless of a takeover. But the key bit is if you believe the part about 2 serious buyers. That part, if true, says Randy's waiting for one of them to make the offer to buy, and that they've done their talking and research/due dilligence. It all hinges on these buyers and their intentions. So certainly more imminent than it was yesterday...
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 11:10 am

its good that he says the buyers intentions are very important and I would believe that as he surely could of sold to someone by now and not care what they wanna do

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Wed May 27, 2015 11:11 am

The interview to me suggests the sale of Aston Villa is at the stage of where the buyers need to convince Lerner not the other way round. To me it reads "I am getting fed up of waiting and am ready to look at plan B" if you don't hurry up and get this sorted.

Normal tactics he Still desperately wants out.
tbarrules

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 11:15 am

jvilla wrote:[quote=

I'd say the interview sweeps away the speculation of the last few months and gives us some sort of facts to work with, so long as you think Randy and the journo credible. The interview tells us also that the club is not set to just drift in the absence of a takeover. It tells us that Randy is looking for an exit regardless of a takeover. But the key bit is if you believe the part about 2 serious buyers. That part, if true, says Randy's waiting for one of them to make the offer to buy, and that they've done their talking and research/due dilligence. It all hinges on these buyers and their intentions. So certainly more imminent than it was yesterday... [/quote]

Im confused - do you beleive the sale of Aston Villa is immenent or not ?

[Never mind all the 'if' 'but' and who said what to whom]

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 11:45 am

Fair do's smetro - then yes, I believe it is imminent - this summer. For lots of reasons.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Now if I was a lazy journalist I would have read the times interview and come up with this http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/randy-lerner-germans-italians-americans-9336706
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed May 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Here's my two penny's worth.

In the interview they discuss a lot. They talk about the takeover and the Worldwide interest blah blah blah. Lerner says you can quote that. Journo asks if any seriously interested parties. Lerner says off record yes two but don't quote me on that.

Therefore journo quotes Lerner in the article and tweets without any source because he couldn't say it in the article?
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 pm

jvilla wrote:Fair do's smetro - then yes, I believe it is imminent - this summer. For lots of reasons.

Yes - sorry for getting on my horse - keep forgetting not on VT anymore !

I hope youre right about the takeover - Im not convinced though.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:I think this quote from Lerner would answer all questions with regards where we are in the process:

"This year Plan A remains to find a buyer"

Lets hope plan b or c never need to be wheeled out ?

Mcleish for Chairman anyone ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I think this quote from Lerner would answer all questions with regards where we are in the process:

"This year Plan A remains to find a buyer"

Lets hope plan b or c never need to be wheeled out ?

Mcleish for Chairman anyone ?
ive heard its lambert AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed May 27, 2015 2:12 pm

tbarrules wrote:The interview to me suggests the sale of Aston Villa is at the stage of where the buyers need to convince Lerner not the other way round. To me it reads "I am getting fed up of waiting and am ready to look at plan B" if you don't hurry up and get this sorted.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

This could indicate that the prospective buyers currently talking to Lerner are fronting investment groups who will be looking for some degree of leveraged buyout, which will immediately load debt onto Villa. It may also suggest that no one has yet shown interest who is rich enough in their own right to purchase and run Villa safely and successfully, in a manner that Lerner would approve of.

He may be the world's worst football Chairman, but his heart's in the right place!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
tbarrules wrote:The interview to me suggests the sale of Aston Villa is at the stage of where the buyers need to convince Lerner not the other way round. To me it reads "I am getting fed up of waiting and am ready to look at plan B" if you don't hurry up and get this sorted.

This could indicate that the prospective buyers currently talking to Lerner are fronting investment groups who will be looking for some degree of leveraged buyout, which will immediately load debt onto Villa. It may also suggest that no one has yet shown interest who is rich enough in their own right to purchase and run Villa safely and successfully, in a manner that Lerner would approve of.

He may be the world's worst football Chairman, but his heart's in the right place!

agreed, the good thing is hes not just gonna sell to anyone who has the asking price. surely he wont want to be remembered as a tosser chairman who focked us up by selling to carson yeungs mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Agreed, he's got the business acumen of a slipper, but he seems to have a sense of loyalty
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

Or they don't have the money at all......
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 2:35 pm

just wanted to ask, what is the price or "going rate" people have been quoted for a ticket for satday? don't mean from the club, just if anyones been offered one, what price?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed May 27, 2015 2:38 pm

I heard some villa staff that have bought tickets are selling them for about £500
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Sky wrote:I heard some villa staff that have bought tickets are selling them for about £500

thanks matey

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed May 27, 2015 2:50 pm

jvilla wrote:Hang on - from the journo that interviewed Lerner

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes
@AVFCTransTweet two parties in serious talks re buying but it's down to them to step up now

"In serious talks.." that is news direct from the owner is it not? If so then we are actually quite close to a takeover. Randy would not be having serious talks with buyers who did not meet his criteria.

Mate it doesn't matter what anyone says to the negative crew!!..they will find a way to twist it to mean "a sale is way off and randy is staying" Laughing .

So add dickinson to pat murphy, moxley, percy, nursey etc as journo's who are adamant that a deal is in the offing but hey...clearly the negative crew know more than them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 21 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 3:03 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

@AVFCTransTweet two parties in serious talks re buying but it's down to them to step up now

"In serious talks.." that is news direct from the owner is it not? If so then we are actually quite close to a takeover. Randy would not be having serious talks with buyers who did not meet his criteria.

Mate it doesn't matter what anyone says to the negative crew!!..they will find a way to twist it to mean "a sale is way off and randy is staying" Laughing .

So add dickinson to pat murphy, moxley, percy, nursey etc as journo's who are adamant that a deal is in the offing but hey...clearly the negative crew know more than them.

lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 3:04 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

I think you will find percy has backtracked - and I wouldn't say the others are adamant, the most they have said is 'a sale is a step closer' (and even that seems to have little foundation)

Journalists have a vested interest in making a story more appealing to its intended audience. True they may have more knowledge than the average fan. But equally those ITK journlists were telling us a deal was done 12 months ago - It wasn't

This just seems a re hash of last years statement - to raise the profile of the club, in the hope a buyer comes forward. If one doesn't theres a bit of window dressing with a new chairman - which changes nothing at all
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 3:10 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

"This year Plan A remains to find a buyer" - Randy Lerner

Thank you, and good night!

edit:
'find' being the operative word! ie. we don't as yet have one.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next