The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

+18
thegaffer6
snitum
lukevilla
achilles
Saunders82
GadgetMan
DomAVFC
The Great white walnut
The Utterer
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Trotters
VillaBill
Thinman
NARLA24
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
kimbo
villabromsgrove
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can we get a result?

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap70%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 16 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 23

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

Post by UnclePanda Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:16 pm

snitum wrote:This is dreadful to watch. I know villa don't usually pick up points at old trafford but we looked beaten from the kickoff, no positivity, midfielders running scared, and with our relegation rivals picking up points this puts us right back in trouble.

we were never out of trouble.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 Empty Re: Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

Post by achilles Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Nothing has really changed, we still go into Tuesday's game needing to win.
If we don't win our home games (or at least not lose them) we are truly f**ked!
achilles
achilles

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:44 pm

We were still right in that game against an improving United team right up until the ref let Rooney run off with a drop ball given to Benteke for their third goal. It wasn't a great performance but it was competitive and we go into Tuesday still with a real chance of a result and staying up. It wasn't too long ago we were all resigned to relegation lets not forget!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:33 pm

No over dramatic reaction here. We hustled and bustled to a united side far superior than us and we haven't won at OT in 32 years (under many managers) yet some acting like Sherwood has ran off with their daughter, I really do worry for us as a fan base sometimes and think we get exactly what we deserve. How can fans be writing Sherwood off after a handful of games (I'm referencing twitter) i guess it's the minority, but wowzer! what more did we really expect from today? Again people acting like TS has somehow took a guaranteed win and somehow F'ed it up......Reality check. We weren't very good, but we haven't been for many a year now and we've been far worse than today.

Win the games against the teams around us and we will stay up. We beat WBA and we beat Sunderland, I think we will also beat QPR, I'm hoping TS has the measure of Ramsay and his tactics!! Whatever Tuesday is the main game we need to concern ourselves with imo, totally was a home banker all day long!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Didn't think we'd win but I thought we'd battle. Not really upset here, stuff QPR and we're back on track.

Good point being CB20 scoring again, 4 in 4 now
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Just got back.

I know we were supposed to lose today but boy, were we awful. Even our goal came from an appalling corner.

Can we lift our game for QPR?

Not sure. The question I'm asking myself is, will I miss the PL? I'm just fed up of the season after season of humiliation at places like this. Maybe the grass is greener in a lower league.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Thinman wrote:Just got back.

I know we were supposed to lose today but boy, were we awful. Even our goal came from an appalling corner.

Can we lift our game for QPR?

Not sure. The question I'm asking myself is, will I miss the PL? I'm just fed up of the season after season of humiliation at places like this. Maybe the grass is greener in a lower league.

The grass ISN'T greener in the lower league, Ask Blues, Boro, Leeds, Forest, Wigan and many many more examples. You may think it now, but trust me the EPL is the place to be. I spoke at length with a Boro fan last week whilst away and I relayed to him that some fans have considered the drop to get back to winning and something different and his words were "They're mad" he said it ruined Boro and the fans have hated it, to the point he has stopped going. The football is tediously scrappy and without quality and everything is just second best. Get that thought out your head. EVERYONE, relegation would be utter disaster for Aston Villa FC on ALL levels. W're just on the verge of a real change this summer (with a buyer) we need, at all costs to be in the EPL come May....

As for the game (from watching it on the tv) we were poor and never looked like really competing, but I can't help but think the mentality was let's just get through this and turn our minds to Tuesday and beating our actual rivals, may not be to everyone's agreement (especially people like you who travelled) BUT draw today and Tuesday would be useless, I'd take an insipid display at OT where we never really perform or compete if it means a win and 3 points on Tuesday. It's all a big IF until we actually turn up and do the buisness on Tuesday at VP. I think we will. Come on Villa UTV Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

We HAVE to win on Tuesday night, anything else will be unacceptable. It doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't have to be even half decent .... it just has to be a win! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great white walnut Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:15 am

I'm not reading too much into the fact that we lost at Old Trafford as usual but I've got a horrible sick feeling in my stomach that this is the year our luck finally runs out. I know it's stating the bleedin' obvious but we really do NEED to beat QPR on Tuesday
The Great white walnut
The Great white walnut

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:19 am

I can only echo Kimbo's words regarding Weimann and Gil. In no way is Weimann anything like a top flight footballer whereas Gil has shown class.

It's down to the manager to managers the players and any issues for the benefit of the team. If he can't do that.....
Trotters
Trotters

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 am

Had a sneaky feeling we would win yesterday... Not sure why?? From reading about the game it sounds like we've really got to lift our game for Tuesday. I also don't know what's going on with Gill looked class at first even tho he was very poor against Stoke.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:18 am

Haven't been around for a while, have I missed anything?

I had the match on in the background yesterday, I saw some of it but I grew bored of watching Villa spend 75% of the match defending back when Lambert was in charge.

I can't explain about Gil either and I liked Weimann as a striker (something he's been about twice since he hit the first team) but I think he's fairly inefficient out wide. What he does have is three years of relegation battle experience with Villa and while he's not the world's greatest defender he gets himself around the pitch and in the way of the opposition. When Gabby and Benteke are playing well though there's no place for him in front of goal. I suspect Sherwood is getting us through this season as best he can (especially with the injuries to various players) and will work on the team over the summer, whichever league we're in next year.

Wayne Rooney needs to man up, doesn't he? He looked like he'd had flouncing lessons from Ashley Young. Gabby tries that one too but he just gets up again and carries on. Rooney's supposed to be the England captain...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:11 pm

I was disappointed that Sherwood said he was proud of our lads yesterday, because I wasn't. It was the usual men against boys performance that we get every time we go to Old Trafford, in that respect Lambert might as well have still been in charge. We looked a relegation side with the lack of technique and self belief clearly obvious.

We need a huge change of attitude on Tuesday night, because player for player QPR are probably technically a better team than us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:08 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I was disappointed that Sherwood said he was proud of our lads yesterday, because I wasn't. It was the usual men against boys performance that we get every time we go to Old Trafford, in that respect Lambert might as well have still been in charge. We looked a relegation side with the lack of technique and self belief clearly obvious.

We need a huge change of attitude on Tuesday night, because player for player QPR are probably technically a better team than us.

Thats a sad indictment and probably reflects just how far Villa have regressed!
achilles
achilles

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3