The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

+18
thegaffer6
snitum
lukevilla
achilles
Saunders82
GadgetMan
DomAVFC
The Great white walnut
The Utterer
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Trotters
VillaBill
Thinman
NARLA24
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
kimbo
villabromsgrove
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can we get a result?

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap70%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 16 ]
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 23

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 pm

The Great white walnut wrote:I fear we're in for a spanking, I'd be bloody delighted if we scraped a point and those around us  lost
I suspect that how other relegation threatened teams do will be the most important focus of our Villa weekend, as I expect that we will still be on 28 points after the Man U match.
villabromsgrove

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm.

Post by VillaBill Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:34 pm

I have a feeling both Burnley & Sunderland will both win putting us in the bottom 3 !

As my predictions never come true, please ignore the above ! Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:00 pm

VillaBill wrote:I have a feeling both Burnley & Sunderland will both win putting us in the bottom 3 !

As my predictions never come true, please ignore the above ! Scarf Waving
I hope you're right about being wrong Bill! Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Unfortunately I can't see us getting anything from Old Trafford either, which is a shame, because it's one of those teams I REALLY want to beat every season, but we seemingly never do (apart from 2009 most recently). It seems like every time we go there our players just expect to get beaten. It's one of those trends we need to break, but unfortunately I can't see us doing that this season! Sad
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Ok so we get beat regularly by utd, so lets try and break the trend. Lets stuff em for once. VTID. Utv.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm going for a 2-2 and also put a fiver on us snatching a win. I'm confident we will get something out of it. Come on you Lions!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:04 am

We all seem to be of the same opinion its going to be the same old Utd win, but in every run of games you never win, there is always the day of the upset, and they are so so sweet, lets hope today is one of those days cos boy do we need one. We've done it in the past and shocked em, we have a new man at the helm now so who knows. KEEP THE FAITH. Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 3769219917 Scarf Waving Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1815562058
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:46 am

Saunders82 wrote:We all seem to be of the same opinion its going to be the same old Utd win, but in every run of games you never win, there is always the day of the upset, and they are so so sweet, lets hope today is one of those days cos boy do we need one. We've done it in the past and shocked em, we have a new man at the helm now so who knows. KEEP THE FAITH. Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 3769219917 Scarf Waving Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1815562058
Good post.

We have to get at least three points out of ManU/QPR. A sneaky four points would be awesome.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:19 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Saunders82 wrote:We all seem to be of the same opinion its going to be the same old Utd win, but in every run of games you never win, there is always the day of the upset, and they are so so sweet, lets hope today is one of those days cos boy do we need one. We've done it in the past and shocked em, we have a new man at the helm now so who knows. KEEP THE FAITH. Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 3769219917 Scarf Waving Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1815562058
Good post.

We have to get at least three points out of ManU/QPR. A sneaky four points would be awesome.

Agreed, 3 points minimum, so a draw today would be great, but then irrelevant if we lose or draw with QPR. It's absolutely imperative we beat those around us, so I'll take a defeat if it were to guarantee that, but like you say a sneaky 4 points would be fab, can we dare to dream of 6 Scarf Waving Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:36 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Good post.

Agreed, 3 points minimum, so a draw today would be great, but then irrelevant if we lose or draw with QPR. It's absolutely imperative we beat those around us, so I'll take a defeat if it were to guarantee that, but like you say a sneaky 4 points would be fab, can we dare to dream of 6 Scarf Waving Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1662365926
Now you've done it GM! I deliberately avoided tempting fate. Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1662365926
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Good post.

Now you've done it GM! I deliberately avoided tempting fate. Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 1662365926

Haha!! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Come on you Lions!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:31 pm

I think I'd go with this today if both Okore and Vlaar are fit.

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 AbIOw8qagi

Essentially, my thinking is that they're going to dominate the midfield if we play with Sinclair and N'Zgobia in a 4-4-2 style. But I think their defence can be got at, so this way we can still go with two up front.

I'm 99% sure it won't happen though  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Kimbo I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar, but with Hutton at Left wing back (I'd still use Lowton as he's the clubs best crosser imo) Delph for Sanchez and Nzog for Gill. I see the logic and can see TS seeing it too, we'll find out soon. Could be a big mistake to go 4-4-2 against this lot.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:51 pm

I'd like to see some variation of 3-5-2 as I'd rather see us having a go now and then rather than absorbing punishment for 90+ mins.
Trotters
Trotters

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm

According to a pal of mine Sherwood does not get along with Gil. Reasons are not clear but i would be very surprised if Gil starts a game for Villa. I may be wrong...But....
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Can't see anything but a loss unfortunately, the critical game is QPR!
achilles
achilles

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:07 pm

NARLA24 wrote:According to a pal of mine Sherwood does not get along with Gil. Reasons are not clear but i would be very surprised if Gil starts a game for Villa. I may be wrong...But....
That's not good enough. I couldn't give a flying fuck who gets on with who, it's all about the greater good.

Andi Weimann is playing today and Carles Gil is on the bench. That's bull shit from Sherwood. People can jump on me all they want about slagging off the new manager already. It's utterly ridiculous that Weimann is ahead of Gil in the team. It's ridiculous enough that Weimann is even a Premier League footballer; and yeah he might have a worldie today and make me look foolish, but he'll be shit again soon enough.

If Sherwood isn't going to play someone as good as Gil because he doesn't like him, then he's probably not capable of doing this job.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:13 pm

kimbo wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:According to a pal of mine Sherwood does not get along with Gil. Reasons are not clear but i would be very surprised if Gil starts a game for Villa. I may be wrong...But....
That's not good enough. I couldn't give a flying fuck who gets on with who, it's all about the greater good.

Andi Weimann is playing today and Carles Gil is on the bench. That's bull shit from Sherwood. People can jump on me all they want about slagging off the new manager already. It's utterly ridiculous that Weimann is ahead of Gil in the team. It's ridiculous enough that Weimann is even a Premier League footballer; and yeah he might have a worldie today and make me look foolish, but he'll be shit again soon enough.

If Sherwood isn't going to play someone as good as Gil because he doesn't like him, then he's probably not capable of doing this job.

The bottom line is we have to avoid relegation, if Sherwood achieves that, by whatever means, he deserves credit!

Whatever my feelings about certain players, this is not the time to rock the boat but to get behind the team that is out on that pitch!
achilles
achilles

Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 4th April 3pm. - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:16 pm

kimbo wrote:

Hoping i can quote this at full time Wink

Supprised we not playing 3 in midfield!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:23 pm

achilles wrote:
kimbo wrote:

The bottom line is we have to avoid relegation, if Sherwood achieves that, by whatever means, he deserves credit!

Whatever my feelings about certain players, this is not the time to rock the boat but to get behind the team that is out on that pitch!

Agreed.

I think it's worth remembering Sherwood has said he wants the team to play in a certain way but has to focus on staying up first and foremost
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:40 pm

lukevilla wrote:
kimbo wrote:

Hoping i can quote this at full time Wink

Supprised we not playing 3 in midfield!
We can win today and you can quote it all you like - I want us to win! - but two certain truths will remain:

1) Weimann has been pretty damn shit for the majority of his games for Aston Villa, and despite a few nice - and in all fairness, on occasion, important - goals as well as some good runs that haven't been spotted by our ever-unimaginative midfield over the recent years, there isn't really anything to indicate that will ever change; and
2) A manager not getting on with a player has never been a good enough reason to not pick a player if he's good enough to be in the team, regardless of club; it should always be about the bigger picture.

I will say in Weimann's defence that he clearly isn't a wide player or a no. 10, and Lambert has played him in both positions quite regularly. But I feel that is where Sherwood is playing him again today.

The other thing I will say - in defence of anyone that played up front - is that we could have had Ronaldo and Messi up front under Lambert, but when the service from midfield is so bad....
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:46 pm

What the fuck is happening at West Brom???
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:17 pm

This is dreadful to watch. I know villa don't usually pick up points at old trafford but we looked beaten from the kickoff, no positivity, midfielders running scared, and with our relegation rivals picking up points this puts us right back in trouble.
snitum

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Tuesday now is our biggest game for years
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 pm

We looked like a team waiting for Tuesday night. Weimann shouldn't have played, Hutton should have been subbed off five minutes earlier, and West Brom got their revenge on the Villa by rolling over for QPR. Leicester deserved three points .... not a good day for Villa.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next