The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

+34
thegaffer6
Mr_Spadge
DomAVFC
DelboyVilla
Morpheus
ejs1111
HarryAVFC
Nix999
Cha Ching
gdav
Dazzle
mefromhere
LVBrit
Villa jimmy
CoE82
jvilla
jeffvilla
Army villain
Leafs1201
Thinman
andrew24561
villabromsgrove
Trotters
Dek of Villa
GadgetMan
VillaBill
avfc85
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
Mazrim
The Utterer
Villa_Dan
kimbo
South London Villan
38 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Leicester and WBA both won difficult games today so fair play to them. Last week's unexpected win against Spurs may have been a life saver for us. Burnley's loss was good for us, and their fan's and QPR's must be looking at Leicester in absolute dismay.

It's not over yet by a long way. UTV! Scarf Waving
Safe to say Albion have sorted themselves out today I think. For me it'll be QPR, Hull and Sunderland. I still fancy Burnley to stay up despite them being bottom right now. Leicester have the momentum, fair play to them; I think they'll do it as well.
kimbo
kimbo

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 Empty Re: The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:55 am

It's back to the nail biting survival battle. Can we keep up the passion and tempo that's frightening teams to death at the moment? It's only Man City next .... we can do it! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Our home fixtures will determine if we stay up , Saturday is another "free hit" ! Win lose or draw Saturday , we know the lads will have a go ! Still buzzing from yesterday, only Cup football creates this feeling , i know staying in PL is vitally important , but i wouldn't swap any amount of league points for what we experienced yesterday !
VillaBill
VillaBill

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:36 pm

City have been on a lost-two-win-one sequence for the last three groups of three matches. Well, they won the last one, so clearly we're going to win, it's basic maths.

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:24 pm

kimbo wrote:City have been on a lost-two-win-one sequence for the last three groups of three matches. Well, they won the last one, so clearly we're going to win, it's basic maths.

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 498107619

I'll buy that haha!!! I think we can go there with pretty much most of the pressure on them and use our counter attacking threat and newly found confidence to somehow manage to come away with something. Imagine a win, will that see us safe? how many points are needed? 3 I'd say, 4 maximum imo...What do we all think?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Two wins and a draw to be certain, anything less and it will be up to the teams below to try and come by us.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Blimey Villabromsgrove thats a bit belt and braces, I feel another win and a draw will be enough. The team and the manager seem confident enough and we have the belief and momentum to see it through
andrew24561
andrew24561

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Cissokho and Senderos played 90mins tonight so that'll be a boost to our diminished defences
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 pm

The truth of the matter is that threads such as this just shouldn't need to exist. We should be in total celebration mode after Sunday not still fretting over our PL future. Let's hope that we don't have to do so again (for the right reasons) for some time to come.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Thinman wrote:The truth of the matter is that threads such as this just shouldn't need to exist. We should be in total celebration mode after Sunday not still fretting over our PL future. Let's hope that we don't have to do so again (for the right reasons) for some time to come.
Well they should, but it should be about the run-in of the teams at the other end of the table  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm still nervous about our run in. We've played really well in the last two games, but the euphoria of great (unexpected?) wins can have a draining effect both physically and emotionally. Let's hope we can give a good account of ourselves against Man City. They must be dying to thrash someone soon, so we're going to have to be really up for it to avoid further damage to our goal difference.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:42 am

I'm really nervous about today's games, I'm expecting absolutely zilch from our game at City but can honestly see QPR beating an out of sorts West Ham and also Leicester beating Burnley and that's without thinking too much about Hull and Sunderland, just hope the lads are fully focused and the cup final isn't a distraction to them, UTV SOTC
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:57 am

Palace and Stoke at home should beat Hull and Sunderland really. And I still think Burnley will beat Leicestwr, but that's a massive game now!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm

I feel sick, seriously Palace WTF.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Sunderland are in massive trouble, Palace really shocked me. Very poor from them. But it's still in our hands. And after today we have winnable games.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Sunderland are in massive trouble, Palace really shocked me. Very poor from them. But it's still in our hands. And after today we have winnable games.
Agree Sunderland,also hull has some big games coming up. If we play like we have been doing we should pick up points. Scarf Waving
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:44 am

I was hoping that the Villa v Burnley result on the last day of the season wouldn't matter .... but it now looks like we're going to have to win our last game as well as one of our other three fixtures.

We can do it, but it's going to be extremely tense!The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 1662365926 Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I was hoping that the Villa v Burnley result on the last day of the season wouldn't matter .... but it now looks like we're going to have to win our last game as well as one of our other three fixtures.

We can do it, but it's going to be extremely tense!The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 1662365926  Scarf Waving
I'm not sure that makes sense, surely if we win the other 3, even 2 of them, we might not have to win against Burnley?  The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 498107619
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Anyone been whatching the everton  united game? They have been soaking up a lot of pressure, and are bloody quick on the break. No way can we put Richardson in this game. He will be pulled all over the park. I am getting a little worried now.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:02 pm

kimbo wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:I was hoping that the Villa v Burnley result on the last day of the season wouldn't matter .... but it now looks like we're going to have to win our last game as well as one of our other three fixtures.

We can do it, but it's going to be extremely tense!The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 1662365926  Scarf Waving
I'm not sure that makes sense, surely if we win the other 3, even 2 of them, we might not have to win against Burnley?  The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 498107619
It's probably because I can't see us beating either Everton or Southampton, and if we beat West Ham which is definitely possible then it will come down to beating Burnley on the last day.

I have a good friend who is a Blues supporter and he was at my house on the day Blues were relegated. They were staying up until just 20 minutes to go then his world ended .... I remember his face at that moment and I do not want to go through that!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:03 pm

jeffvilla wrote:Anyone been whatching the everton  united game? They have been soaking up a lot of pressure, and are bloody quick on the break. No way can we put Richardson in this game. He will be pulled all over the park. I am getting a little worried now.
I'm watching the match and Everton are going to be very hard to beat!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
kimbo wrote:

It's probably because I can't see us beating either Everton or Southampton, and if we beat West Ham which is definitely possible then it will come down to beating Burnley on the last day.

I have a good friend who is a Blues supporter and he was at my house on the day Blues were relegated. They were staying up until just 20 minutes to go then his world ended .... I remember his face at that moment and I do not want to go through that!
I did a predictor, had us drawing with Everton, beating West Ham and losing to Southampton, and we were still safe going into the Burnley game. In fact, I had Sunderland, QPR and Burnley down as of match day 37.

Means absolutely nothing of course, but I'm just saying that 4 points out of the next 9 is not unrealistic hopes and it could, *could* be plenty to see us safe. 

Everyone seems to think that we're fucked after yesterday. I'm saying there is enough football to be played, enough time for all the teams to experience more mistakes, magic moments, unlikely wins, expected losses, disappointing draws. We're not relegated and I have no idea why the majority of Villa fans I'm encountering on the internet today seem to be acting like we're already dead.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:58 pm

For anyone that cares (why would you?), this is how my table ended up:

The Run In - Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester - Page 2 Pl_pre10
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:35 pm

It's different to my thoughts, but I'd love to be safe before the last day. That'll do for me. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Chelsea's draw is a real plus, it means they'll be looking to win the League title at Leicester on Wednesday night. C'mon Chelsea!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next