The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

+88
Villa_Dan
KMitch
villajk
WendyOz
thinlizzy
MarvelVillan
bruka
Woody70
danclare82
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Con
DelboyVilla
George
EbeneezerGoode
Synopsis
ember
DN1982
avfcjay
Rawlie
DomAVFC
jeffvilla
4BetLite
FoxyAV
big ming
Terry Derry
Born Under The Holte End
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
Mr_Spadge
tbarrules
mark_draper
HarryAVFC
AstonThriller
A.V.F.C
Aesorian
RhodyVillan
ejs1111
avfc forever
lukevilla
Dazzle
Desperate Villan
ellisout123
Nix999
snitum
Wookster
therailboy
avfcjoe
Morgan Villa
Sky
Dek of Villa
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
The Great white walnut
NARLA24
mefromhere
Lee hendries tan
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
VTID85
avfc85
De Kuip
boltblaster
Gracon73
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
Mooseman
Chicken
Stratfordvilla
Morpheus
South London Villan
andrew24561
The Utterer
Jo64
Thinman
Mazrim
DaveAV1
Army villain
UnclePanda
Jae1411
thegaffer6
kimbo
gdav
villabromsgrove
VillaBill
GadgetMan
92 posters

Page 21 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next

Go down

Does Tim Sherwood still have your support?

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_lcap2%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_lcap14%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 12 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_lcap23%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 20 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_lcap60%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 52 ]

Total Votes : 86

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 Empty Re: Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:06 am

I did notice during the game that he was watching Pardew quite closely. Especially in the 2nd half when he seemed a bit lost. 

But i think I'd rather a manager who has been there and done that as a player and understands the physical and mental limits, understands what it's like to be young and in a new city or country and what it's like to have all this money and all the time to be silly with it than an old fart like alex Ferguson.

And yes in know how stupid that must sound but hear me out.

We are changing as a club. That much is clear. Maybe Fox has ideas he wasn't able to take for a ride at arsenal that he can here. Maybe he has a long term vision that will cater to a learning curve and making mistakes. Maybe he's happy for Sherwood to learn from experience rather than be stuck in the past admiring managers from the 70's and 80 ' stand how they did things. Maybe he's happy for Sherwood to find his own feet rather than having him fuck off to Germany to copy and paste what people like Kloppe are doing. 

I mentioned before that I wrote to Fox in the last months of Lambert pointing out our pioneering past and how it was us that dictated what football would look like rather than simply trying to use the ideas of other clubs 2 years too late and his reply genuinely seemed to indicate that he very much understood this. 

So maybe we're on a path where we become Aston Villa again rather than just another premier league club. But that will mean that mistakes are made - and hopefully learned from. Because that's what pioneers do.

And i think I'll always cling into the fact that we were the club to looked toward; the club that set the standard. And i hope that one day we are again. And if that means we use a manager who hasn't got shit habits from another club,  that isn't stuck with a certain way of doing things and won't be moved from that, then so be it....Sherwood might have to educate himself and that's fine by me as long as he learns from his mistakes.

Of course,  it may turn out that he's tactically useless. Time will tell, of course. And whilst yesterday's result surely falls on his shoulders, t might not be such a bad thing in the long run. 

New manager. New players. New CEO.....New Aston Villa?
Trotters
Trotters

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:44 am

We expect young inexperienced players to develop and grow, so why wouldn't we expect the same from a young manager and of course a young CEO. Nobody is the same after a few months/years into a job as they are on day one. If they are then that's a problem.

Mohamed Ali said something along the lines, if a man thinks the same at 50 as he did at 30, then he's wasted 20 years.
DaveAV1

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Unfortunately Tim is learning how to manage a Premier League team at the expense of Aston villa.

I still like the bloke and I hope Wilkins is continually having a word in his ear. His substitutions ( or lack of them ) where wrong yesterday but hopefully he will learn from it.

However, his biggest mistake to-date is insisting on playing a busted flush like Agbonlahor who continually miss's what opportunities we create and his involvement is costing us big time.

When you take into account at least 95% of fans, TV pundits etc can see it's like playing with 10 men - then for Sherwood to go against the grain and play him EVERY match is ridiculous boarding on naive.

This is a results business and I want to see him be successful at Villa Park so good luck Tim and please get it right!
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Absolutely anyone can make a mistake; the test is whether you learn from it.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:30 pm

The problem yesterday for me is obvious tactical changes that isn't being made out of what seems like pure stubborness. Reminds me of MON

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:20 pm

I feel he has played Gabby for the first few games because he brings PL experience. However he brings little else and his performances have now made Tim's job really easy, he has to drop him. I believe Gabby showed quite well in preseason, so perhaps that earned him a chance, but I'm afraid he hasn't taken it.

Most strikers blow hot and cold, but over his career Gabby has unfortunately had more cold than hot days and now the hot days are becoming a rarity. It's a terrible shame because he's one of our own, but there's no room for sentiment. Unless he turns things around, the best he can hope for now is impact sub.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:10 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:I feel he has played Gabby for the first few games because he brings PL experience. However he brings little else and his performances have now made Tim's job really easy, he has to drop him. I believe Gabby showed quite well in preseason, so perhaps that earned him a chance, but I'm afraid he hasn't taken it.

Most strikers blow hot and cold, but over his career Gabby has unfortunately had more cold than hot days and now the hot days are becoming a rarity. It's a terrible shame because he's one of our own, but there's no room for sentiment. Unless he turns things around, the best he can hope for now is impact sub.

He should give Kozak a start. No way could he possibly do worse than Agbonlahor.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Playing Agbonlahor is like fielding ten men. It has started rumblings about Sherwood's competence. The Notts County game is a welcome break. Let us hope we hear no more about players not being match fit and having to gel. Play the strongest XI and give it a go. Sadly, I don't think the club are interested in the League Cup so we could see a very weak team playing.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:23 pm

[quote=". Sadly, I don't think the club are interested in the League Cup so we could see a very weak team playing.[/quote]

Why do you say that? it's only 1 of 2 comps we can win. Don't think the club won't try. Having said that I fully expect Ayew etc to get a good runout to get up to speed.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Joppe84 wrote:The problem yesterday for me is obvious tactical changes that isn't being made out of what seems like pure stubborness. Reminds me of MON

Actually, it reminded me more of Lambert. Sort of thing he would do..... take of your defensive midfielder who is having a blinder and leave on a striker who is having an absolute mare. The defensive midfielder is, ironically, one of your most progressive players, assuming he is robbing the opposition and starting attacks.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:36 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:We expect young inexperienced players to develop and grow, so why wouldn't we expect the same from a young manager and of course a young CEO. Nobody is the same after a few months/years into a job as they are on day one. If they are then that's a problem.

Mohamed Ali said something along the lines, if a man thinks the same at 50 as he did at 30, then he's wasted 20 years.

Were a big club, playing in perhaps one of the toughest leagues in the world - thats no place foe a manager to be cutting his managerial teeth - and sure you can throw in one or two younger players and get away with it - some may even flourish - but doing it en mass is asking for trouble IMO.

However I think the problem is simpler and more fundamental than is being made out.

He hasn't brought a good enough striker to replace Benteke
He only brought one centre half - when we needed two
There seems no system or organisation to our play - especially in defence.

The first two points can still be addressed - but the third is the biggy and I feel will be Sherwoods undoing.
smetro
smetro

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:00 pm

From what I've seen we have the base of a very good team but I think Sherwood needs to focus on bringing in a proven striker, a defender and a GK. He has 9 days to do this otherwise even though its early days I think we will struggle if we don't as the strikers we have not will not score enough as Benteke did and Guzan is a liability.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:02 pm

It seems quite simple to me, if Sherwood continues to pick Agbonlahor then he isn't fit to carry on as our manager. If Gabby has a clause that means he has to play if fit, then the manager needs to come out and tell us, otherwise he is hanging himself with is ridiculous team selection and moronic substitutions!!!!
I like Sherwood, but I love Aston Villa. If he hasn't got the stones to make the big calls, then not sure I want him here.
I refuse to support Gabby's inclusion any more.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:It seems quite simple to me, if Sherwood continues to pick Agbonlahor then he isn't fit to carry on as our manager. If Gabby has a clause that means he has to play if fit, then the manager needs to come out and tell us, otherwise he is hanging himself with is ridiculous team selection and moronic substitutions!!!!
I like Sherwood, but I love Aston Villa. If he hasn't got the stones to make the big calls, then not sure I want him here.
I refuse to support Gabby's inclusion any more.

I agree with all of this. Sherwood is mystifying people with the continued selection of Gabby and also keeping him on for 90 minutes when it was clear that he wasn't up to it. Gabby was straight down the tunnel at the end. He obviously knows the game will soon be up for him.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:18 pm

However I think the problem is simpler and more fundamental than is being made out.

He hasn't brought a good enough striker to replace Benteke
He only brought one centre half - when we needed two
There seems no system or organisation to our play - especially in defence.

The first two points can still be addressed - but the third is the biggy and I feel will be Sherwoods undoing.
 [/quote]

The first point I agree, if we don't have a recognised centre forward ( I don't count Gabby) we are in trouble.
The second point disagree. Clark and Richeards are a good centre half pairing. If we buy another it must be to be first choice. I'd prioritise a RB over a CB
The third point point agree and disagree I think the defence have actually played well, we can point at goals conceded as mistakes, but that will happen. I agree when we are in possession we look a little lost I'd blame the lack of a cf.
Stratfordvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm

He's building a team by bringing players in and that will take some time to gel. If you look at players he would be looking to play in his style he has brought in the team looks a little like this:

Ayew
Traore Gil Grealish
Veretout Gueye

He has continually pointed out in interviews that you need continuity and blend in the new players slowly but I can see the above being the preferred front 6 before long unless some of the old guard manage to convince that they belong in the team like Sanchez did yesterday for most
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm

mefromhere wrote:He's building a team by bringing players in and that will take some time to gel. If you look at players he would be looking to play in his style he has brought in the team looks a little like this:

Ayew
Traore Gil Grealish
Veretout Gueye

He has continually pointed out in interviews that you need continuity and blend in the new players slowly but I can see the above being the preferred front 6 before long unless some of the old guard manage to convince that they belong in the team like Sanchez did yesterday for most

Fair enough but he threw three points away yesterday. Traore showed his fitness to us so TS must have seen it in training. Why did Gabby play for 90 minutes? There is no time for pussy-footing around in this league. We survived by the skin of our teeth last season. Any idiots invading the pitch during the Burnley match was going to cost us three points. Now where would we be? Get the strongest team in for all games.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:33 am

Probably our best striker in pre season, Libor Kozak looks to be on his way out - seems a strange move, selling our only player with an eye for a goal.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am

smetro wrote:Probably our best striker in pre season, Libor Kozak looks to be on his way out - seems a strange move, selling our only player with an eye for a goal.

Yes, when he's not actually had a chance, other then before injury when he looked good despite mostly playing as a substitute and in pre season when he did really well. I suppose in the long run Ayew and Gestede will come good and this means we must be looking for a new striker. Sherwood doesn't strike me as someone building a new team with so many promising young players and then leaving the main business of scoring goals to Gabby. Let's face it, if Gabby played elsewhere and we were offered him right now for £8million would Sherwood buy him? I'm still a fan of Gabby but right here, right now? Nope. Sorry Gabby.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:57 am

FoxyAV wrote:
smetro wrote:Probably our best striker in pre season, Libor Kozak looks to be on his way out - seems a strange move, selling our only player with an eye for a goal.

Yes, when he's not actually had a chance, other then before injury when he looked good despite mostly playing as a substitute and in pre season when he did really well. I suppose in the long run Ayew and Gestede will come good and this means we must be looking for a new striker. Sherwood doesn't strike me as someone building a new team with so many promising young players and then leaving the main business of scoring goals to Gabby. Let's face it, if Gabby played elsewhere and we were offered him right now for £8million would Sherwood buy him? I'm still a fan of Gabby but right here, right now? Nope. Sorry Gabby.

Agbonlahors goal scoring record over the last few years is dire. The question everyone needs to ask themselves is what other teams want him? Who has been beating Villa's door down over the years trying to prize Gabby away? Apart from a rumour of O'Neill wanting to take him to Sunderland i can think of nobody else ever making a serious attempt to get him. He is not a reliable goal scorer, end of.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

If MU get Neymer, we should offer them Gabby + £2m for Rooney
4BetLite
4BetLite

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 21 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:04 am

Think our Timmy is a very lucky boy!

Came within a cock hair of a Lambert style humiliation last night. Saved by a dodgy penalty!

big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 am

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 am

Did anyone see the footage of Sherwood damaging himself when Gil was booked in the Sunderland match?

'I’ve done my hamstring. I never did it as a player. I have now done it as a manager. I was going to kick the bottles forward but there were too many people so I thought I’d be polite and backheel them and snapped my hamstring.

It feels bad. I must have looked like a spoiled brat. I tell my kids not to behave like that. Before today, I thought I had calmed down.'
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

Someone find a YouTube link!!!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down