The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

+88
Villa_Dan
KMitch
villajk
WendyOz
thinlizzy
MarvelVillan
bruka
Woody70
danclare82
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Con
DelboyVilla
George
EbeneezerGoode
Synopsis
ember
DN1982
avfcjay
Rawlie
DomAVFC
jeffvilla
4BetLite
FoxyAV
big ming
Terry Derry
Born Under The Holte End
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
Mr_Spadge
tbarrules
mark_draper
HarryAVFC
AstonThriller
A.V.F.C
Aesorian
RhodyVillan
ejs1111
avfc forever
lukevilla
Dazzle
Desperate Villan
ellisout123
Nix999
snitum
Wookster
therailboy
avfcjoe
Morgan Villa
Sky
Dek of Villa
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
The Great white walnut
NARLA24
mefromhere
Lee hendries tan
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
VTID85
avfc85
De Kuip
boltblaster
Gracon73
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
Mooseman
Chicken
Stratfordvilla
Morpheus
South London Villan
andrew24561
The Utterer
Jo64
Thinman
Mazrim
DaveAV1
Army villain
UnclePanda
Jae1411
thegaffer6
kimbo
gdav
villabromsgrove
VillaBill
GadgetMan
92 posters

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

Does Tim Sherwood still have your support?

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_lcap2%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_lcap14%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 12 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_lcap23%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 20 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_lcap60%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 52 ]

Total Votes : 86

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 Empty Re: Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

Post by GadgetMan Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:58 pm

He gave the perfect reply today. Acted with grace and dignity, BUT got the job done, well done Timothy, I'm glad to have you at our club.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Nice one Tim mate, keep it up! Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Anyone know what's going on with Okore?? I think he's been good for us but seems to get dropped at the first opportunity??
gdav
gdav

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 pm

gdav wrote:Anyone know what's going on with Okore?? I think he's been good for us but seems to get dropped at the first opportunity??
I honestly think that Sherwood just really likes Vlaar.

For what it's worth, if Westwood isn't fit for Wembley, I'd really like us to look at Okore for defensive midfield.
kimbo
kimbo

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:52 am

I really REALLY rate Okore. He's going to be a top draw defender

But Vlaar is more proven when he's fit and on form
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:14 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I really REALLY rate Okore. He's going to be a top draw defender

I think it all comes down to experience in the end especially in the position Villa find themselves.
achilles
achilles

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 pm

achilles wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I really REALLY rate Okore. He's going to be a top draw defender

I think it all comes down to experience in the end especially in the position Villa find themselves.
Yeah pretty much. I think that long-term, Okore will actually be a better player than Vlaar. But right now, I think Vlaar is still an asset that we can use, and it would be daft not to. I thought he was ace yesterday.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:10 pm

I agree re Vlaar, I'm not his biggest fan (less so as it's clear he wants out) but he was superb yesterday and has that bit of experience to get us through, he will be vital if Clark is missing (I think Clark and Okore are better together as Clark likes to organise and lead and can't do that next to Vlaar)

To summarise, I don't think anything is up, it's all about being safe, but like the situation with Gil, one for next season.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:27 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I agree re Vlaar, I'm not his biggest fan (less so as it's clear he wants out) but he was superb yesterday and has that bit of experience to get us through, he will be vital if Clark is missing (I think Clark and Okore are better together as Clark likes to organise and lead and can't do that next to Vlaar)

To summarise, I don't think anything is up, it's all about being safe, but like the situation with Gil, one for next season.

What suggest Vlaar wants out? for what its worth i think if we stay up he will sign a new contract!
lukevilla

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:10 pm

The notion is that the likes of Man Utd will be after him. I personally don't think he's good enough to warrant top notch admiration. But if he stays, I'm happy enough.

Injury prone though, so I wouldn't plan a defence around him, and for that reason nobody else of note will either.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

I can't see any top European side go in for Vlaar, he's a good player but also one of the most injury prone I've seen in a villa shirt for a while.
gdav
gdav

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:43 am

Mazrim wrote:The notion is that the likes of Man Utd will be after him. I personally don't think he's good enough to warrant top notch admiration. But if he stays, I'm happy enough.

Injury prone though, so I wouldn't plan a defence around him, and for that reason nobody else of note will either.

They would of got him last summer if they were going to get him IMO!
lukevilla

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:41 am

GadgetMan wrote:I agree re Vlaar, I'm not his biggest fan (less so as it's clear he wants out) but he was superb yesterday and has that bit of experience to get us through, he will be vital if Clark is missing (I think Clark and Okore are better together as Clark likes to organise and lead and can't do that next to Vlaar)

I really hope Sherwood has had that conversation with Gil. If he has, I'll sleep much easier  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 pm

Results speak for themselves. Sherwood is getting it right even though he's ignoring Okore and Gil at the moment. If we survive we will really see Tim's stamp on next season's team.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:49 pm

I think (Hope) that Sherwood is just ignoring them because he wants players with experience of relegation battles and who are able to fight for wins. Okore is inexperienced and, as much as I like him, Gil isn't a fighter
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:44 pm

I keep seeing that Gil 'isn't a fighter'. What are we basing that on? How much have any of us seen him? I'd hardly class Joe Cole or Charles N'Zogbia as 'fighters', but he has far more quality than both combined - and I'm basing that on him doing more in less than a handful of games than than those two combined for the majority of their Villa careers.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:05 pm

N'Zogbia is built much more soundly and has years of experience of relegation battles at Wigan, Joe Cole has won the Premier League, FA Cup and league cup (all more than once!), he's also played in the Champions League final. Gil has more fitness than Cole but not more quality. Gil got the shit kicked out of him by Stoke. Cole has a goal and an assist in the league, the same number as Gil has in all comps but he's won us more points.

I know we like Gil and he's looked really good but he isn't a fighter and nor does he have anywhere near the experience of Cole.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Against Stoke though - how many players can that be said about!

As for Cole's one assist and one goal, that's also in almost three times the amount of appearances.

Cole also bottled a challenge at Man U that made me spit feathers.

Don't get me wrong - I like Joe Cole, for a while I got enraged that he was always the England midfielder that got withdrew when he was often the best player on the pitch. If we had a fully fit Joe Cole, even at his age, he'd be an asset.

And to be honest, my rage about Carles Gil isn't really about Cole, and I am a fan of Grealish as I have stated numerous times, my problem is seeing a complete waste of space like N'Zogbia or Weimann ahead of him in midfield.

That's my point about Gil - it's not that I love the bloke so much I want him in the team, it's seeing turgid shite ahead of him that winds me up. The current formation with Grealish at the top, I'm cool with. Seeing N'Zgobia and Weimann as part of a 4-man midfield at Old Trafford, I'm really not cool with.

But also, I just don't see how anyone can claim they know enough about Gil to state he isn't a fighter. He's been at Elche for two years, we all know what end of the table they normally compete at. 

I refuse to condemn a man as not being a fighter on the basis of being outphysicalled (not a word, I know :) ) by the most physical team in the league - and there are time when we need a bit more finesse than Andi Weimann running around like a headless chicken, giving the ball away every time it comes near him, or Charles N'Zogbia running into defenders every 5 minutes.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't think the Spanish teams have the same "fight" tbh! I think the only thing getting Zog into the team is his bodyshape (to but it politely) and previous experience in this league. I'd prefer to see Gil ahead of him, but as it stands we need to be able to bully teams about at times and Gil can't do it. I think Grealish is making a case for taking Gil's place more longterm but I still think we'll see more of Gil next season.

As for Joe Cole, I love his 20min cameos. He still looks a class act when he comes on.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm

I will say for Cole, he did knock one beautiful pass at Old Trafford that was still more than Zog/Weimann did combined.

I actually love the idea of 4-2-3-1 with Gil on the right, Cole in the middle and Grealish on the left, but now is not the time for such things!

Cole certainly joins the likes of Schmeichel, Johnsen, Regis, Phillips and plenty more in the 'I wish we'd signed them when they were younger' category.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Agreed but I think we'd have to have been a darn site better to have signed him!! Or at least willing to pay more haha
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:40 pm

kimbo wrote:Against Stoke though - how many players can that be said about!

As for Cole's one assist and one goal, that's also in almost three times the amount of appearances.

Cole also bottled a challenge at Man U that made me spit feathers.

Don't get me wrong - I like Joe Cole, for a while I got enraged that he was always the England midfielder that got withdrew when he was often the best player on the pitch. If we had a fully fit Joe Cole, even at his age, he'd be an asset.

And to be honest, my rage about Carles Gil isn't really about Cole, and I am a fan of Grealish as I have stated numerous times, my problem is seeing a complete waste of space like N'Zogbia or Weimann ahead of him in midfield.

That's my point about Gil - it's not that I love the bloke so much I want him in the team, it's seeing turgid shite ahead of him that winds me up. The current formation with Grealish at the top, I'm cool with. Seeing N'Zgobia and Weimann as part of a 4-man midfield at Old Trafford, I'm really not cool with.

But also, I just don't see how anyone can claim they know enough about Gil to state he isn't a fighter. He's been at Elche for two years, we all know what end of the table they normally compete at. 

I refuse to condemn a man as not being a fighter on the basis of being outphysicalled (not a word, I know :) ) by the most physical team in the league - and there are time when we need a bit more finesse than Andi Weimann running around like a headless chicken, giving the ball away every time it comes near him, or Charles N'Zogbia running into defenders every 5 minutes.

But it is not just anyone is it, that is making the decision?

Sometimes it is necessary to take deep breaths and just let it go!

The acid test is next season, until then breath deeply!

On a personal note I don't think Gil will be here next season but we shall see, nothing is ever set in stone!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Sherwood has to believe we can win a match and then he has to communicate that belief to the players. If he honestly believed we'd have more chance of winning with CG and JO they'd be in the team.

I believe that Gil is easily our most talented player and I would love to see him play, but I don't have to sell the winning idea to the team each match .... Tim does!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Yes, but essentially telling me to just shut up and accept the managers decision kind of defeats the object of an internet forum, does it not?  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:27 pm

kimbo wrote:Yes, but essentially telling me to just shut up and accept the managers decision kind of defeats the object of an internet forum, does it not?  :)

Absolutely! lol!

P.S. I do actually agree with you! I'll get my coat
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next