The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Lambert

+46
jeffvilla
Villa jimmy
Sky
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
GodzoneVilla
ember
CoE82
Gracon73
KMitch
achilles
VTID85
gdav
Synopsis
Andyh
marcxc1983
HH 8166
Cha Ching
Army villain
bruka
NARLA24
kimbo
VillaBill
Trysullvilla
FoxyAV
lukevilla
Trotters
Withes Sweatbands
avfc85
GadgetMan
DomAVFC
De Kuip
Mazrim
Morpheus
Jae1411
DaveAV1
claretsbluey
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
snitum
Mooseman
Green Villan
mefromhere
UnclePanda
villabromsgrove
Thinman
50 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul Lambert

Post by avfc85 Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:06 pm

With QPR getting a new manager, we are in even bigger trouble!
avfc85
avfc85

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Can we use the £5 million we had for Rickie Lambert and offer it to QPR plus Paul Lambert in exchange for a new receptionist or tea lady.

Even if we don't get a new manager in straight away I reckon we could just pull in somebody off the street to do a better job
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Well we cannot get rid of Lambert, but Mr Fox can get a coach in, get this team playing football. Remove Lambert to the office because he needs to read up on tactics and how to use them in a football game.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Howard Hodgson talks Villa and Lambert with Jonny Gould, take a listen https://t.co/zxEsU8kBs5
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 am

The way the club is being run at the moment, I think that sacking Lambert might ensure we'd go down. I would be astounded if we have a plan B in place given the way that we have failed to find an assistant in almost 3 months.
We'd probably end up with Scott Marshall (nothing against him btw) as caretaker manager.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:20 am

Not sure how any reasonable appointment could do worse than 2 wins in 19, 11 goals in 23, 33 points from 38 games, 0 wins in 8, 0 goals in 6?? Lambert is a beaten man and he's taking us down.. Appoint a motivator/organiser short term and then go for Howe, Tuchel, Southgate or Karanka in the Summer.
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 am

Keeping Lambert would ensure we go down. At the moment i am certain we are getting relegated. I think we have to throw the dice and at least try to change things rather than go out with a pathetic whimper as we are at the moment.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am

We need to go all out to bring Sherwood in before QPR get him otherwise they will overtake us easily
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:56 am

HH 8166 wrote:Not sure how any reasonable appointment could do worse than 2 wins in 19, 11 goals in 23, 33 points from 38 games, 0 wins in 8, 0 goals in 6?? Lambert is a beaten man and he's taking us down.. Appoint a motivator/organiser short term and then go for Howe, Tuchel, Southgate or Karanka in the Summer.

Wholeheartadly agree but I don't think that the club are organised enough to make a reasonable appointment. The last minute scramble to sign Ricky Lambert shows that we're making it up as we go along now. If Lambert was to exit for whatever reason, we'd spend the crucial next month doing nothing productive or decisive, just like the assistant situation.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 pm

The scary thing to me is that when we go down we won't replace Lambert - we'll keep him as the logic will be that he took Norwich up a couple of divisions so he is the best man for the job.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by HH 8166 Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 pm

bruka wrote:The scary thing to me is that when we go down we won't replace Lambert - we'll keep him as the logic will be that he took Norwich up a couple of divisions so he is the best man for the job.

If that happens years in the wilderness will follow with likes of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Wolves, Forest etc Lambert is nothing like the manager that arrived from Norwich.. The job has beaten him up and changed his whole philosophy on the game.. No way would he be able to get this group (No doubt weaker with a fire sale if relegation happened) back up.. Gates of sub 20K would also be likely if a manager so disengaged with the public was retained..
HH 8166

http://www.fortereliablecare.co.uk www.forteluxurycarhire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:58 pm

HH 8166 wrote:
bruka wrote:The scary thing to me is that when we go down we won't replace Lambert - we'll keep him as the logic will be that he took Norwich up a couple of divisions so he is the best man for the job.

If that happens years in the wilderness will follow with likes of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Wolves, Forest etc Lambert is nothing like the manager that arrived from Norwich.. The job has beaten him up and changed his whole philosophy on the game.. No way would he be able to get this group (No doubt weaker with a fire sale if relegation happened) back up.. Gates of sub 20K would also be likely if a manager so disengaged with the public was retained..

You paint a vulgar picture Mr. H...and who could argue?

I think Saturday is a free game for him....unless we are humiliated....but if we get beat by Hull on Tuesday, then geeney-mac, can't see how he can possibly remain in charge!

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:58 pm

HH 8166 wrote:

Agree with everything you said and having seen the scanario that played out at Wolves when they were relegated consecutive seasons and the farce surrounding bringing new managers in there i have to say i can see it happening to us.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

I tihnk Saturday is a free game for him....unless we are humiliated....but if we get beat by Hull on Tuesday, then geeney-mac, can't see how he can possibly remain in charge!

Arsenal was a free game too, but instead of putting in a shift, they lay down and pulled their pants down, a similar display at VP will open the floodgates and I can see it getting nasty and toxic in VP (maybe that's what is needed to be honest, especially as it's a game we accept we'll lose, make our feelings known and loud and clear)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:21 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

I tihnk Saturday is a free game for him....unless we are humiliated....but if we get beat by Hull on Tuesday, then geeney-mac, can't see how he can possibly remain in charge!

Arsenal was a free game too, but instead of putting in a shift, they lay down and pulled their pants down, a similar display at VP will open the floodgates and I can see it getting nasty and toxic in VP (maybe that's what is needed to be honest, especially as it's a game we accept we'll lose, make our feelings known and loud and clear)

I agree with this Gadgetman....a small part of me wants to hear the kind of stick McCleish got...Tom Fox may just take his head out of arse then!

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
HH 8166 wrote:

I agree with this Gadgetman....a small part of me wants to hear the kind of stick McCleish got...Tom Fox may just take his head out of arse then!

I'd take a hammering if it turned VP hostile towards the manager and forced the club to listen. Short term pain for longer term gain hopefully. This was/is the match to protest imo!! sing We want Lambert Out from start to finish. People said "support the team" it makes a difference. Well it didn't v Arsenal, 3000 fans, not one dissenting voice and where did it get us?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:35 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I'd take a hammering if it turned VP hostile towards the manager and forced the club to listen. Short term pain for longer term gain hopefully. This was/is the match to protest imo!! sing We want Lambert Out from start to finish. People said "support the team" it makes a difference. Well it didn't v Arsenal, 3000 fans, not one dissenting voice and where did it get us?

Would be great if they got nothing but vitriol for 90 minutes with booing and we want Lamber out followed by a mass exodus at 70 minutes. Not gonna happen though, too many clap happy "Gotta support them through it types" - Never mind clapping, fu*k em, give em hell all game.

bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Some real sense spoken by the guys in here. Everybody can see it, it's not just us fans but the externals now. Dwight Yorke came out and said it a couple of months back, the press are slagging us off week in week out because we're easy pickings for them, we're cannon fodder in more than one sense. Then this week Paul McGrath came out and said it was diabolical what was going on, then there was Big Ron, Paul Merson every week, why can outsiders see what the club itself can't.

The same as Sky love the glory of the 'Big Four' 'Super Seven' or whatever it is this week, they love a crisis at a club, but normally these get sorted pretty quickly if there's dismay from the clubs own fans. Not with us, and that makes us an even bigger laughing stock with the press and the wider world.

Records, the wrong ones being broken all the time, we're creating history for the wrong reasons, not just history in the club but the whole premier league and now Europe with our lack of goals...it's being noticed EVERYWHERE except where it matters!

Why hasn't a new assistant been appointed yet? Lambert must think that there's nobody out there that would stand for his philosophy that he somehow believes in and because of that the whole place is suffering. There are so many reasons that we all keep reminding each other of them, you forget what would normally be a bad stat because another one, even worse, papers over it...I've had enough!

Hull is the defining game I think, We could get trounced on the weekend, we all know that, but Hull, who are as bad as us in front of goal, would be the final straw.....surely?

marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 pm

I don't think so. I think Lambert is here for the rest of the season, come what may.

Well, I say come what may, I mean, it'll be relegation, I'd imagine.
kimbo
kimbo

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 pm

There will be no backlash or outpouring of rage of Saturday, even if we get battered.
There will be far too many day trippers and 'half and halfers'.
So, as usual, there will a collective sigh and shrug of the shoulders as everyone traipses out trying to get home to the warm.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Andyh wrote:There will be no backlash or outpouring of rage of Saturday, even if we get battered.
There will be far too many day trippers and 'half and halfers'.
So, as usual, there will a collective sigh and shrug of the shoulders as everyone traipses out trying to get home to the warm.

Not so sure mate...not so sure.

There are a lot of 'arse-head' fans, as I call them....but don't forget, the majority of them form their opinions based on what they read in The Sun or hear on the radio.....and there has definitely been a swing in the media from "ooh, what are villa fans moaning about, Paul Lambert is doing a great job" to "jesus, villa are shite aren't they?"...over the course of the last few days.

I expect the crowd to be behind the team at the start of the game....and continue the support whilst we are in the game....if/when it goes 0-2 or 0-3...I really think the atmosphere will be totally different than usual....Lambert may just feel the backlash for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 pm

marcxc1983 wrote:Some real sense spoken by the guys in here. Everybody can see it, it's not just us fans but the externals now. Dwight Yorke came out and said it a couple of months back, the press are slagging us off week in week out because we're easy pickings for them, we're cannon fodder in more than one sense. Then this week Paul McGrath came out and said it was diabolical what was going on, then there was Big Ron, Paul Merson every week, why can outsiders see what the club itself can't.

The same as Sky love the glory of the 'Big Four' 'Super Seven' or whatever it is this week, they love a crisis at a club, but normally these get sorted pretty quickly if there's dismay from the clubs own fans. Not with us, and that makes us an even bigger laughing stock with the press and the wider world.

Records, the wrong ones being broken all the time, we're creating history for the wrong reasons, not just history in the club but the whole premier league and now Europe with our lack of goals...it's being noticed EVERYWHERE except where it matters!

Why hasn't a new assistant been appointed yet? Lambert must think that there's nobody out there that would stand for his philosophy that he somehow believes in and because of that the whole place is suffering. There are so many reasons that we all keep reminding each other of them, you forget what would normally be a bad stat because another one, even worse, papers over it...I've had enough!

Hull is the defining game I think, We could get trounced on the weekend, we all know that, but Hull, who are as bad as us in front of goal, would be the final straw.....surely?

Great post, agree with everything apart from one bit "Hull, who are as bad as us in front of goal, would be the final straw.....surely?" Nope. There's a reason they gave him a new contract, he's the guy Lerner and whoever else have decided is going to be in charge of us for the next few years. I honestly think that we could lose every game between now and the end of the season and he will still be in charge next year.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by marcxc1983 Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:22 pm

I agree Bruka, giving the guy a 4 year contract basically means "you're the man until 2019....2019 for fucks sake! Can you imagine where we would be then if he can knacker us up this fast. Hes a football league manager, at very best, he's proved that, but the Premier League has found him out.

He would go the way of Mclaren if we sacked him, shrugging his shoulders in Europe and learning the Greek for "We go again".

Something has to be done, maybe the players see that and this is a conspiracy by them to get him sacked...if it is that then damn is it bad! You never hear a player praise Lambert, never! Even Delph didn't during his contract signing video, that speaks volumes to me
marcxc1983
marcxc1983

Paul Lambert  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm glad someone else noticed that about Delph.
He was gushing about 'the chaiman' but barely mentioned Lambert.

Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Great managers never seem to have anyone who they refer to as their mentors. I'm not saying they haven't learnt from or admired people they've worked under or alongside in the past. I may be wrong but I don't know of anyone Fergie called his mentor, or Brian Clough, or Bill Shankley.

Perhaps then it is significant that MON was always trying to be Cloughie and our current leader is known to view MON as his mentor. Paul Lambert's mentor is a failed, watered down, out of date Brian Clough. Nothing to worry about there then. Perhaps Randy had a letter from the grave from Cloughie recommending PL??
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next