The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Lambert

+46
jeffvilla
Villa jimmy
Sky
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
GodzoneVilla
ember
CoE82
Gracon73
KMitch
achilles
VTID85
gdav
Synopsis
Andyh
marcxc1983
HH 8166
Cha Ching
Army villain
bruka
NARLA24
kimbo
VillaBill
Trysullvilla
FoxyAV
lukevilla
Trotters
Withes Sweatbands
avfc85
GadgetMan
DomAVFC
De Kuip
Mazrim
Morpheus
Jae1411
DaveAV1
claretsbluey
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
snitum
Mooseman
Green Villan
mefromhere
UnclePanda
villabromsgrove
Thinman
50 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 Empty Re: Paul Lambert

Post by Meath_Villan Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 B9rhQ4XIMAEo7QW

Look who lerner just wheeled out from the museum ....the general ...all getting messy now
Meath_Villan
Meath_Villan

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:21 am

No hypocrisy from the General there!

I'd like to see the full article though and read exactly what he said. As you say, Meath, it could all get messy but I expect that Fox would be on the phone to Lerner straight away telling him to plug that immediately. His job is hard enough is it stands with the position it's in without trying to deal with a soap opera.
Trotters
Trotters

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:44 am

just caught up with this thread - a classy statement from Lambert on his departure - he could have slung more mud.

However it still sticks in my throat everytime he says it "The supporters have huge expectations" No we don't, well no I don't I just want to see us competing. A few years around mid table (with progress each year ) and a cup run or two - would satisfy me perfectly after the last 4 years. Not exactly huge.

Wish the man all the best, still think he is a useless manager and send a 1000 thanks to anyone listening that he has been sacked.

I don't have a very high opinion of Fox to be honest.  He may be working hard behind the scenes, he may be revolutionising the way the club operates. I don't think anything is communicated very well to the fans.   I don't care what anyone says it lacks courage to phone a man and tell him that he has been sacked. You can throw many insults at Lambert but I don't think lack of courage was one of them.  

It should have been done in person (even if it is to tell him he did an utterly shit job)
GodzoneVilla

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:02 am

I'd have just sent Lambert a Whatsapp msg with a link...

https://youtu.be/xwEuCxOT2O0

And Lambert will play nice until his money comes through and he has a new job (doing quite what I don't know). Then we may see some shit fly especially if Krulak keeps talking to reporters.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:11 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/general-krulak-speaks-aston-villa-8638283

General Krulak speaks: Aston Villa players and fans weren't behind Paul Lambert, he is talking 'hogwash' says Randy Lerner's ally

Randy Lerner's right-hand man aims a parting salvo at Paul Lambert

07:51, 13 February 2015
By Steve Wollaston

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 Krulak

Randy Lerner's right-hand man aims a parting salvo at Paul Lambert

Aston Villa director General Charles Krulak has launched a sensational blast at departed manager Paul Lambert and accused the Glaswegian of talking 'hogwash'.

The non-executive director of the club, a close ally of Randy Lerner unleashed his blitz on Lambert in today's Sun newspaper after the former manager's suggestions that financial constraints had left him in the lurch at Villa Park.

Vietnam veteran Krulak dismissed the claims, saying: "This idea that Randy has not put money into Aston Villa and that Paul's hands were tied is not true. It's hogwash.

"Paul took the job knowing he had good, experienced players, Bent, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, even if they were expensive.

"But he argued he needed a group of fresh younger players.

"Randy backed him to bring in six to eight players in that first year or so. The club's spend during that time was the highest of any manager under Randy.

"That is the reality.

Krulak believes the strong intense feelings against the manager from fans and players prompted Randy's decision.

In a final blast at Lambert he said: "Randy wants a team that - win, lose or draw - is fun to watch. But the opposite was true."

I think the Shunnamites have gotten to the General, too.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:13 am

If I was Fox, I'd be on the phone this morning telling Lerner to put on a muzzle on grandad. He just serves to feed negative press at a time when the club needs to look as attractive as possible.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:17 am

And I'm sure he will be. Look at this....

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 1479052_659929137468347_980327391738450758_n

I suspect that, despite any feelings coming from the stands and internet/social media, it was the piss-take from the media that forced Fox's hand. Angry fans are one thing. A public laughing stock is another as sponsors (current and potential) will be very sensitive to this sort of shit.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:10 am

Agreed Troy. It was bad enough for the club to fall into the relegation zone something which I feel would have triggered the sacking anyway when you consider the new TV deal but Lambert had also made us a complete laughing stock in the media which would be unacceptable to any chairman especially one who would sell in the morning if the right buyer could be attracted.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:12 pm

I'vr merged the 'Realistic next manager' and 'Breaking News Paul Lambert Sacked' thread, so let's keep this for talk of Lambert (if we still want to talk about him and the other one in Villa Chat to talk about any replacements, just a bit of housework) Cheers all Paul Lambert  - Page 11 3769219917
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/general-krulak-speaks-aston-villa-8638283

Krulak pipes up. Always knew PL had more than he made out. That said, no need for Krulak to make it messy, looks bad on the club and may detract others. Not sure Fox will be pleased with this as he's currently trying to seduce a new manager (maybe that's why it's out there, to say, we do spend etc)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu May 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Just saw this in the press today:

“I wasn’t disappointed the decision was made but I was disappointed with how it was made,” Lambert told The Morning View.

“I don’t think it’s good when you’re getting a telephone call, I don’t think that’s the right way it should have been done.

“I was up in Scotland and I got a call at night and that was it. I have a good relationship with Randy Lerner and he’s a good guy.

“There was no problem on that front but it is a massive football club and everyone says we should be in the top six or seven but that could never have been sustained by doing what we were doing.

“The reality is it was never going to hit that height. In the Premier League you have to spend just to stand still and the club is financially stronger now.”

Well, yes, but Sherwood has taken the players available to Lambert, motivated them, included Grealish - who I was convinced would follow Lowton et al into the reserves - and especially Benteke, introduced the midfield to the opposition's half of the field and encouraged them to visit whenever they feel like it. I went to the match last Saturday thinking we'd be winning it by more than one goal, that's so much more than Lambert ever delivered at Villa. It's not all about the money, is it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 14, 2015 1:20 pm

If Lambert didn't want to be sacked by phone he shouldn't have fucked off to Scotland. He knew what was coming and did it on purpose.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Glad to see he is still as deluded as ever and obviously hasn't been taking any notice of the way we are performing with a talented manager at the helm??
DelboyVilla

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Paul who?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Paul Lambert  - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content