The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Paul Lambert

+46
jeffvilla
Villa jimmy
Sky
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
GodzoneVilla
ember
CoE82
Gracon73
KMitch
achilles
VTID85
gdav
Synopsis
Andyh
marcxc1983
HH 8166
Cha Ching
Army villain
bruka
NARLA24
kimbo
VillaBill
Trysullvilla
FoxyAV
lukevilla
Trotters
Withes Sweatbands
avfc85
GadgetMan
DomAVFC
De Kuip
Mazrim
Morpheus
Jae1411
DaveAV1
claretsbluey
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
snitum
Mooseman
Green Villan
mefromhere
UnclePanda
villabromsgrove
Thinman
50 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 Empty Re: Paul Lambert

Post by jeffvilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Has this muppet ever been to a villa match
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Green Villan wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:Greg Evans in The Mail says he thinks Lambert would have kept us up if he'd stayed. Seriously can this man really claim to be a journalist covering Aston Villa? Or even a journalist?

The man's a blithering idiot.

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:44 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm suddenly full of hope and optimism with regards to the Villa again! UTV!!!
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:51 pm

Calm down KMitch its just a announcement. But it would be nice not to the laughing stock of the west midlands
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 pm

When you look at his post match interview from last night I think he knew his fate was sealed. He was very red in the face, it has since come out he wasn't on the team bus when it left the ground, if he hadn't been told win or else hd knew he was going to have a challenging conversation pretty soon.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:26 pm

What great news to wake up to!

He looked almost in tears when Hull knocked their second goal in so maybe he was told he had a job until he dropped us into that bottom 3.

Deep joy.
Happy happy joy joy
Joy Luck Club.
City of Joy....Patrick Swayze.
Trotters
Trotters

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:41 pm

If this is true, then no wonder he didn't seem to care whether we won or lost.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-sack-paul-lambert-5147794?
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

What a great start to the day!

I'e got optimism again for the season, let's just hope they get the right guy in to give the squad the energy that they need.

What's Guus Hiddink doing? would be perfect on a short contract to the end of the season, no matter how much he would cost!

Good PL in your future endeavors, I think he's a decent enough guy, just wasn't cut out for us. whether that was lack of transfer money, lack of a number two or lack of tactics.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:56 pm

The Mirror are talking crap. I'm pretty sure that we only have to pay him 1 year's salary. Either way, any pay off is cheaper than going down.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:57 pm

I'll bet he still has his best dour face on when Fox hands him a cheque for £10,000,000.

I'm tempted to change the world filter so I don't have to read his name again.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 am

Gregg Evans is an Albion fan, of course he wanted Lambert to stay.
kimbo
kimbo

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:35 am

Come on Kimbo, I've heard him called some things, but that's a bit harsh!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 am

DaveAV1 wrote:Come on Kimbo, I've heard him called some things, but that's a bit harsh!!

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 498107619

You just know they, along with Blues fans will be gutted Lambert has gone. Wonder whether PL will release a statement today? Normally departing managers say something, we couldn't be facing a MON situation again could we? Constructive dismissal? (was alleged, but details kept private on the outcome) I'm sure given the 'close' relationship they shared we will see a "thanks for my time, it's a great club, wish them every success, now where's my pay off"
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 am

The scumbags will be gutted, just like I was when they sacked Lee Clark
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:44 am

GadgetMan wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:Come on Kimbo, I've heard him called some things, but that's a bit harsh!!

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 498107619

You just know they, along with Blues fans will be gutted Lambert has gone. Wonder whether PL will release a statement today? Normally departing managers say something, we couldn't be facing a MON situation again could we? Constructive dismissal? (was alleged, but details kept private on the outcome) I'm sure given the 'close' relationship they shared we will see a "thanks for my time, it's a great club, wish them every success, now where's my pay off"
There you go

I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me.

My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League.

There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future.

When I came on board the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong.

But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last.

There are many people throughout my time at Aston Villa to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Randy Lerner for not only providing me with the opportunity to manage one of the most illustrious clubs in world football but also for the support and friendship he offered me throughout my time at the club.

I'd also like to place on record my appreciation to Paul Faulkner who conducted affairs at the club with unstinting integrity and constant dignity during his tenure as Chief Executive.

I leave behind some wonderful people at both Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and express my gratitude for their dedication and loyalty. A special mention must also go to my coaching staff for their commitment.

To the players, my sincere thanks to each and every one of them. They are a fantastic group of players and I wish them every success for the rest of their playing careers. I hope to see many of them achieve great things in the game.

Finally, I pay tribute to the supporters who are among the most passionate I have ever encountered. They rightly hold huge expectations for their beloved football club and I sincerely hope they are rewarded with the success they deserve.

I completely understand their frustrations and always shared their view that the football club is too big not to be competing at the top end of the table. I hope that can happen.

You never stop learning in football management and I certainly believe the invaluable experience from my time as Villa manager will prove hugely beneficial in the next stage of my managerial career.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7508.html
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:46 am

Not a mention of Tom Fox, has TF come in a piled the pressure onto Lambert and been the catalyst behind him going? I could easily see Faulkner constantly giving him more time (he wanted Forrest to stick with the manager as well)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:50 am

Yes, the thing that stood out there was no mention of Fox. I know he didn't work with him for very long, but to make a point of thanking Faulkner with not even a courtesy mention of Fox seemed... noticeable?

Maybe Fox isn't the 'yes man' that some have claimed him to be.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:54 am

Fox came into an environment where Faulkner had been telling Lerner everything he wanted to hear and Lambert had used it to build a "great relationship" where he was almost infallible. Fox has changed this, he couldn't do it over night but he's slowly awakened Lerner to Lambert's failings. I suspect he had to put in something akin to KPIs ("lose to Hull and you're canned" or "zero points from the next X games and you're gone) to make Lerner sign off on it, but it's worked. TF is doing wonders off the pitch with the business side, I'm really hopefully he now proves his worth on the pitchside things.

This is what I think anyway
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:04 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Fox came into an environment where Faulkner had been telling Lerner everything he wanted to hear and Lambert had used it to build a "great relationship" where he was almost infallible. Fox has changed this, he couldn't do it over night but he's slowly awakened Lerner to Lambert's failings. I suspect he had to put in something akin to KPIs ("lose to Hull and you're canned" or "zero points from the next X games and you're gone) to make Lerner sign off on it, but it's worked. TF is doing wonders off the pitch with the business side, I'm really hopefully he now proves his worth on the pitchside things.

This is what I think anyway
Yeah I'd go along with that. I think he made a bad choice with the 'false narrative' line, but generally I've been able to forgive Fox for most of his public comments - I'm really not sure what the fuck some people expect a chief executive to come out with, it's like because he's not been moaning and slagging everyone off then he's useless, which is just such a silly way of looking at things.

I'm pleased he seems to be putting things right behind the scenes, and I have more faith with him there than Faulkner when it comes to bringing in a new manager, too.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 am

Agreed, the bloke is polished and savvy, he is simply not going to publicly slate anyone who is currently connected to the club because it is bad PR and feeds the press.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Players had yesterday and today off, pre planned by Lambert. No wonder we struggled
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Agreed, the bloke is polished and savvy, he is simply not going to publicly slate anyone who is currently connected to the club because it is bad PR and feeds the press.

Absolutely, you wouldn't want him too either!
achilles
achilles

Paul Lambert  - Page 10 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm

I've read several places where PL was sacked by TF over the phone? If that is true- could explain why PL gave no mention of TF. Sacking over the phone is not really the best way to handle it.

Should be done in person. What is next? Sacking by text? tweet? LOL...

Scarf Waving
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 pm

ejs1111 wrote:I've read several places where PL was sacked by TF over the phone?  If that is true- could explain why PL gave no mention of TF.  Sacking over the phone is not really the best way to handle it.

Should be done in person.  What is next?  Sacking by text?  tweet?  LOL...

Scarf Waving

Snapchat? A pic of Fox running his finger across his throat haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Lambert gave the players two days off for losing a must-win against Hull?

He should be grateful he was sacked by phone. I'd have sent him a letter....delivered via a housebrick.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next