The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Are You Ready?

+44
Mr_Spadge
ejs1111
AstonThriller
logout
FoxyAV
avfc85
gdav
VTID85
UnclePanda
Mazrim
Morpheus
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
South London Villan
Army villain
achilles
Synopsis
GadgetMan
ViewFromT2
De Kuip
Rattler
lukevilla
Leafs1201
Dions_Bald_Head
jeffvilla
Gracon73
jvilla
Sky
Dazzle
GodzoneVilla
VillaBill
Trotters
Saunders82
DaveAV1
The Utterer
AVFClee
thegaffer6
Green Villan
Dek of Villa
NARLA24
Jo64
kimbo
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Thinman
48 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Are You Ready? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are You Ready?

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:59 pm

When I was a kid, doing something stupid would get you labelled a "Joey Deacon". Have kids started teasing the losers at school by calling them "Randy's" yet?
Trotters
Trotters

Are You Ready? - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Perhaps Lerner doesn't know what relegation is as he is American ?

I think 37pts / 38pts should be enough this year, where are the points coming from we need ?

Hull a  1pt
Stoke h 1pt
Newcastle a 0pt
West Brom h 3pts
Sunderland a 1pt
Swansea h 1pt
Man U a 0pts
Spurs a 0pts
QPR 3pts
City a 0pts
Everton h 1pt
West Ham h 1pt
Soton a 0pts
Burnley h 3pts

On this basis we will have a must win game against Burnley on "survival Sunday" ! Gulp Are You Ready? - Page 3 1420239857
VillaBill
VillaBill

Are You Ready? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:33 pm

I think some posters need to completely re-think future results based on tonight's performance.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 pm

In answer to the original question - yes I am. I'm done. Like I said about the bargaining thing; I'm not sure if this is the depression or acceptance stage, but I am pretty certain the 5 stages of grief thing has hit me this season.
kimbo
kimbo

Are You Ready? - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Thinman wrote:Why not do the predictor yourself and share the the outcome with us all. Who knows, it might cheer us up. It's all about balancing opinions.

I think we will pick up 9/10 points over the next 6 games. I fully expect us to beat WBA at home, I am more than 50-50 that we will win tomorrow, but a draw is not the end of the world. I can easily see us picking at least up a point in each of the Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland and Swansea games, in fact I fancy us to beat Swansea at home. 2 wins and 4 draws returns 10pts.

We have a really tough April, so QPR will be a must win at Villa Park, as it was 2 years ago. Then a point from any of the other 3 in that month would be huge.

3 home games from the last 4, inc. Burnley should see us pick up another 5/6pts in May. I don't see Everton as the tough game it was 12 months ago, they could be deep in the mire by then aswell.  

So I would calculate us getting 17-20pts over the remaining 15 games.

Really? Now who's being moronic?
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Well i am already 1pt down on my prediction Thinman, but WTF do i know ?

Mardybum, are you still happy with our "shape" ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 am

I actually think we have a lot of deluded people in charge at the club at this time after yet another pitiful performance and boringly predictable defeat (Even i called it in the Predictor league thingy with a 0-2 loss)

What really worries me is the club employ a new commercial officer who was raving on about how great to be joining such a great Premier League name etc etc and how great the opportunities are for Prem clubs at the moment etc....ERM?! Do they ever look at the league table?! :shock:

Then we play utterly garbage AGAIN and lose AGAIN without scoring AGAIN nor barely creating a shot on target AGAIN!.. I could go on....and on...

So our manager comes out and says we have 13 cup finals and he is 100% certain we will be fine 🤡 ...ALRIGHTYTHEN!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Are You Ready? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:11 am

I think I've come to the conclusion that Lerner hates the fans more than he loves his money. There's no other logical explanation.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:53 am

Trotters wrote:I think I've come to the conclusion that Lerner hates the fans more than he loves his money. There's no other logical explanation.

IMO Spot on Trotters

I genuinely think that he is prepared to write off the financial loss of getting relegated. He won't put any more money in and no one is buying anyway so it's not like he is losing anymore. I honestly think that he doesn't care if we get relegated because it will upset the fans so much.

Nothing in the club is working at the minute. When relegation happens I just pray that Lerner(Heartless fucker) Fox (spineless fucker) and Lambert (Clueless fucker) piss off. A season in the championship at the right end of the table could be handled. Unfortunately there is not guarantee that the three fuckers will go if we get relegated and there is no guarantee we will come back up.

All I know is I feel as ready as you can be for relegation , because everything about the club is as palatable as fish flavoured chocolate atm. I want them gone... continual season after season of ridicule from others and spectacular failure is enough.
GodzoneVilla

Are You Ready? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 am

Not one mention of unrest in the press but you bet your ass we won't hear the last of it on TV when we go down!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Are You Ready? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:34 am

Thinman wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Thinman wrote:Why not do the predictor yourself and share the the outcome with us all. Who knows, it might cheer us up. It's all about balancing opinions.

I think we will pick up 9/10 points over the next 6 games. I fully expect us to beat WBA at home, I am more than 50-50 that we will win tomorrow, but a draw is not the end of the world. I can easily see us picking at least up a point in each of the Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland and Swansea games, in fact I fancy us to beat Swansea at home. 2 wins and 4 draws returns 10pts.

We have a really tough April, so QPR will be a must win at Villa Park, as it was 2 years ago. Then a point from any of the other 3 in that month would be huge.

3 home games from the last 4, inc. Burnley should see us pick up another 5/6pts in May. I don't see Everton as the tough game it was 12 months ago, they could be deep in the mire by then aswell.  

Really?  Now who's being moronic?

how does bollox sound?

we played shite 2nd half...didn't deserve anything....I haven't given up yet though....as you clearly have  :wanker:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:37 am

VillaBill wrote:Well i am already 1pt down on my prediction Thinman, but WTF do i know ?

Mardybum, are you still happy with our "shape" ?

No idea what the shape was last night.

I said I thought the shape was ok against Chelsea...are you gonna bang on about it every week?...you sound like a fuckin baggies fan!!

:wanker:

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:47 am

Now, now. Call each other wankers all you like but there's no need to accuse someone of being....you know....that!

Are You Ready? - Page 3 1420239857
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:48 am

Mardybum72 wrote:
Thinman wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:

Really?  Now who's being moronic?

how does bollox sound?

we played shite 2nd half...didn't deserve anything....I haven't given up yet though....as you clearly have  :wanker:

An argument/debate is conceded the moment personal jibes become involved!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:53 am

Has he been sacked yet!!!!
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:53 am

Mardy, you are the one who started attacking people's opinions. Don't get personal when it is reversed
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Are You Ready? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 am

We're all fed up guys, let's keep it respectful even when we clearly disagree .... thankyou. Are You Ready? - Page 3 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 am

Back to the question - Are you ready? Well - I am I think, I don't forsee us doing a Leeds, because the finances are in check. But I could see us down for a few seasons until we can get some playing identity again. I don;t even know if fluking another season in the prem is more desirable, we will get what we've had the last three years all over again. As I watch most games online, I'll be gutted as I'll have to listen to the radio instead, but so be it, AVFC takes a back seat and I find another Saturday afternoon hobby. The liver will thank me.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracon73 Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 am

In all honesty I thought I was ready, until last night. I don't think I really expected us to lose that game, I thought we'd have enough quality to edge a win.

I struggled to find the will to come on here last night and read the comments, I tried to put something together but couldn't. This morning I am angry at it all. Even more so at the press, any other manager at any other club and they'd have been calling for his head months (maybe years) ago. But it seems we're the forgotten club.

Perhaps we've become like Fulham and have just outlived our stay, other fans and the media just expect us to slip away quietly.

Hopefully the club will see sense today and he'll go, if not then on Sunday once Leicester have turned us over (sorry but I can't see any other result than that). It has to start somewhere and it has to start with Lambert, he has slowly taken our club backwards and ruined any spark of talent that the players might have had.

Worse than anything is that I don't know if I can watch another game, it's just too much now. Are You Ready? - Page 3 1715320296
Gracon73
Gracon73

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:59 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Mardy, you are the one who started attacking people's opinions. Don't get personal when it is reversed

Thank you, Villa Dan. He always needs to make it personal and he can dish out but can't take it.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:02 am

I did the predictor thing a week ago and concluded that we would go down on 29 points.

I was rightly challenged on accuracy by Mardy. He was right I was wrong.

I now realise I was being very optimistic, we'll struggle to get 29.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:05 am

Gracon73 wrote:In all honesty I thought I was ready, until last night. I don't think I really expected us to lose that game, I thought we'd have enough quality to edge a win.

I struggled to find the will to come on here last night and read the comments, I tried to put something together but couldn't. This morning I am angry at it all. Even more so at the press, any other manager at any other club and they'd have been calling for his head months (maybe years) ago. But it seems we're the forgotten club.

Perhaps we've become like Fulham and have just outlived our stay, other fans and the media just expect us to slip away quietly.

Hopefully the club will see sense today and he'll go, if not then on Sunday once Leicester have turned us over (sorry but I can't see any other result than that). It has to start somewhere and it has to start with Lambert, he has slowly taken our club backwards and ruined any spark of talent that the players might have had.

Worse than anything is that I don't know if I can watch another game, it's just too much now. Are You Ready? - Page 3 1715320296  
Very good post .... you've said what most of us are feeling. Are You Ready? - Page 3 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 am

However bad it gets, i.e. relegation, that past is never past, we'll be a big club in a small pond, with a billionaire owner incentivised to get us back in the prem. As much as that will gee other teams up to beat us, it is still a huge advantage over clubs who don't even own their own grounds. It may take a while but we'll have the fanbase and resources to get us back in the prem and prosper - all we need now is a new manager with the right philosophy to take us there.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:18 am

jvilla wrote:However bad it gets, i.e. relegation, that past is never past, we'll be a big club in a small pond, with a billionaire owner incentivised to get us back in the prem. As much as that will gee other teams up to beat us, it is still a huge advantage over clubs who don't even own their own grounds. It may take a while but we'll have the fanbase and resources to get us back in the prem and prosper - all we need now is a new manager with the right philosophy to take us there.  
Fulham have a richer owner than Villa, they also had some decent players when they were relegated. Have you seen the state of them now? They're 18th in the Championship and sliding downwards.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:23 am

I know what you mean about Fulham, they have a clueless owner like Randy, and are now rudderless in the championship. They need a few seasons to regroup - so would we. However, we will be self sufficient, and would attract some good ambitious managers wanting to restore Villa to the good old days. Let alone wanting to work with the facilities we have. It's all conjecture, but unlike Fulham, we really, really wouldn't belong down there - which is why I think we wouldn't be staying forever. All we need is a new manager with the right vision. Money wouldn't be the issue.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next