The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Are You Ready?

+44
Mr_Spadge
ejs1111
AstonThriller
logout
FoxyAV
avfc85
gdav
VTID85
UnclePanda
Mazrim
Morpheus
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
South London Villan
Army villain
achilles
Synopsis
GadgetMan
ViewFromT2
De Kuip
Rattler
lukevilla
Leafs1201
Dions_Bald_Head
jeffvilla
Gracon73
jvilla
Sky
Dazzle
GodzoneVilla
VillaBill
Trotters
Saunders82
DaveAV1
The Utterer
AVFClee
thegaffer6
Green Villan
Dek of Villa
NARLA24
Jo64
kimbo
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Thinman
48 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Are You Ready? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Ready?

Post by Thinman Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Hmmmm indeed.

It's been said before but clearly we have a better squad than a number of our rivals but in Lambert we have, without doubt, the most incompetent manager.
I did the predictor thing as realistically as I could and that took into account the tough run-ins of Burnley et al. It still had Villa going down on 29 points, on goal difference from Hull.

Any way more will be revealed after Tuesday night. Meanwhile I take a lot of comfort from Kimbo's post about players who may stay if we are relegated. We may have a rare old time of it in the Championsip. Much better than the misery of the last few years any way.
Thinman
Thinman

Are You Ready? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:02 pm

The financial side of relegation nowadays is the main reason that worries me of relegation, £100 million to the likes of Baggies whilst we are cutting back in the championship would be horrendous, but then again even if we do stay up unless a takeover comes along in the summer we will all be right back here saying the same thing's if Lerner is still owner here, so maybe it doesn't really matter it is just a matter of when not if we go down anyway.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Are You Ready? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm

I must add facing the likes of Bristol City and MK Dons does not phase me the slightest as i will support us and go to games regardless of opposition, i prefer to avoid the top four teams coming to Villa Park if i'm honest as i do not enjoy watching us outplayed.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Are You Ready? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Thinman wrote:Hmmmm indeed.

It's been said before but clearly we have a better squad than a number of our rivals but in Lambert we have, without doubt, the most incompetent manager.
I did the predictor thing as realistically as I could and that took into account the tough run-ins of Burnley et al. It still had Villa going down on 29 points, on goal difference from Hull.

Any way more will be revealed after Tuesday night. Meanwhile I take a lot of comfort from Kimbo's post about players who may stay if we are relegated. We may have a rare old time of it in the Championsip. Much better than the misery of the last few years any way.
Off topic but which predictor thing? The BBC one has gone hasn't it? Or is it back?
kimbo
kimbo

Are You Ready? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:03 pm

kimbo wrote:

Off topic but which predictor thing? The BBC one has gone hasn't it? Or is it back?

No I don't think the BBC are doing it now. I just Googled Premier League Predictor and picked the first thing listed. It works quite well, except the result. Brace yourself!
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 am

I think only forecasting us to get another 7pts is bordering on moronic to be truthful mate. Sorry if that comes across as harsh and rude, but it's the truth.
The spirit shown against Chelsea, and some of our play at times, told me that the players are 100% with the manager still (dunno why by the way!)...I left the ground on Saturday more confident of survival than when I went in...the players will know the next 6 games are make or break for us, I am confident we will have accumulated more than your 7pt forecast before we play Man Utd in April.....then there are home games v QPR and Burnley to come.
Did you watch WBA yesterday? they could and perhaps should of been 5-0 down before they got their goal before halftime....they are in far more trouble than us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:54 am

I don't think we expect anything other than harshness and rudeness from you Mardy.

We'll see who's a moron by the end of the season.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:57 am

Thinman wrote:I don't think we expect anything other than harshness and rudeness from you Mardy.

We'll see who's a moron by the end of the season.

Are You Ready? - Page 2 1815562058

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:11 am

Why not do the predictor yourself and share the the outcome with us all. Who knows, it might cheer us up. It's all about balancing opinions.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:18 am

Regardless of any predictor, if we only get 29 points we'll go down. The lowest points, that a team who stayed up have got, I believe is 34, by West Brom a few years back when they were bottom at Christmas.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:29 am

Thinman wrote:Why not do the predictor yourself and share the the outcome with us all. Who knows, it might cheer us up. It's all about balancing opinions.

I think we will pick up 9/10 points over the next 6 games. I fully expect us to beat WBA at home, I am more than 50-50 that we will win tomorrow, but a draw is not the end of the world. I can easily see us picking at least up a point in each of the Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland and Swansea games, in fact I fancy us to beat Swansea at home. 2 wins and 4 draws returns 10pts.

We have a really tough April, so QPR will be a must win at Villa Park, as it was 2 years ago. Then a point from any of the other 3 in that month would be huge.

3 home games from the last 4, inc. Burnley should see us pick up another 5/6pts in May. I don't see Everton as the tough game it was 12 months ago, they could be deep in the mire by then aswell.

So I would calculate us getting 17-20pts over the remaining 15 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:45 am

We currently have 22 points from 24 games. If we carry on at that ratio we'll get another 12-13 points from the last 14 games.

(It's about 0.916 points per match)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:51 am

kimbo wrote:We currently have 22 points from 24 games. If we carry on at that ratio we'll get another 12-13 points from the last 14 games.

(It's about 0.916 points per match)

If only football was as predictable as a mathematical equation eh mate?

I am pinning my hopes on to the fact that with Gil and Sinclair now involved, our points return ratio will increase. If Benteke ever gets going this season, then that adds further fuel to my fire.
Benteke has the ability to get 12 goals in the next 15 games....he'll probably get 1 or 2!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:12 am

Gil will save our season. I know it's shit pinning so much on 1 player but it's not just 1 player really, it's the lift he brings to the others. Gil is creative and inventive, he finds space and makes space for others. His attacking influence is infectious and it brings more out of Delph, Hutton, Gabby etc, I'm sure it'll drag up Benteke and Sinclair too and both could reach the previous highs of their forms
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Are You Ready? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:13 am

Done the predictor, I've got us finishing 15th on 34 points. Which unintentionally maintains our points ratio. I have Burnley, Leicester and QPR going down, with Albion and Hull in-between us and the drop zone.

Could be miles off, of course!
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:22 am

I agree with those 3 Kimbo. Hull will scrape into the league by a sugarbag's hair.

QPR are in dire straits, Austin has scored more than half their goals and is out for 2 weeks, Dunne is now out for pretty much the rest of the season and they've still not got a manager. Sherwood? Can't see him saving them. He managed a Spurs team who had spent £90m replacing 1 player, QPR simply haven't got the squad. Burnley, as I've said before, simply didn't strengthen enough. They saw keeping Ings as a big enough achievement but he won't keep them up IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:44 am

Looking back over previous seasons some of the relegation threatened sides put on a real spurt and gained points that they weren't expected to get. We have to be one of those teams this season, but the problem is that it take "GOALS" to do it. We may think that we can rely on three teams continuing to be crap, but it doesn't always work out like that. If we survive it has to be by scoring goals, and that could be a real problem.

Last edited by villabromsgrove on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Lambert has achieved almost exactly a point a game in his time here. If he maintains that record, which I think he will, then once again we should just fall over the line.
Then the people who make decisions at Villa Park need to realise the this is Aston Villa, and a point a game over 3 seasons is not good enough.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:03 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Then the people who make decisions at Villa Park need to realise the this is Aston Villa
This, this, a thousand times this.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:27 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Lambert has achieved almost exactly a point a game in his time here. If he maintains that record, which I think he will, then once again we should just fall over the line.
Then the people who make decisions at Villa Park need to realise the this is Aston Villa, and a point a game over 3 seasons is not good enough.
The problem is that Tom Fox has already erected a glass ceiling for Villa, so that we can look upwards to the top five or six, but he's already said that we cannot afford to join them. When  Paul Lambert talks about Villa, you would think that he was referring to a small time struggling club, rather than a malfunctioning and totally underachieving potential giant.

We're constantly being told that the problem with Villa is the fan's  high expectations, but when Aston Villa is the sole Premier League representative of the UK's second city with the huge catchment area that provides, the scope is enormous .... the message to RL/TF/PL should be, don't talk us down .... Build us up!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm all for being realistic, but as fans we SHOULD have high expectations. All clubs should, even if they are just high relative to their current standing. It should push clubs on to achieve them.

Villa fans should expect us to be competing at the higher end of the division. Not winning the league, but not clinging to it by out finger nails.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Not bragging here, but I have seen us win the European cup, the old First Division, the Third Division (In style full grounds wherever we went) League cups etc, so I am not used to the kind of rubbish from my team. To the younger members I say going down is not nice, I like lots of others had to take the stick from the noses, the baggies with even the dingles pitching in when we went into division 2 and then 3. It was only the fighting spirit and nice football that made it palatable, but we got back up and kept on going up to what is now the Premiership, we should have won that in the early days too if Deadly had just backed us a bit more, he never quite did enough but not like this clown we have now. So don't even think about what could happen if....... we NEED to stay in the prem and we NEED to build and get back to where we want to be, and soon.......Are You Ready? - Page 2 1015550615 Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:33 am

Premier League money is going up again next year, 2nd most valuable sports league after the NFL. Going down would be financially retarded
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Lerner has shown no evidence that he has any understanding of the consequences of relegation. He's shown no evidence that he has any real interest. He's shown no evidence that gives me any hope for the club's future.

One decision could change all of that. But it's the one decision that seems the unlikliest to happen.

In the past I've said I'll accept a hammering from the opposition if it means Lambert getting the arse (1 step back to start moving forward again and all that). But we can't afford that now. That horse has bolted.
Trotters
Trotters

Are You Ready? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Premier League money is going up again next year, 2nd most valuable sports league after the NFL. Going down would be financially retarded

Good post. Are You Ready? - Page 2 3769219917

"Financially retarded" is the most accurate description I've heard of our present plight. Before the word "retard" was highjacked and used to describe people with low IQ's, it meant to "hinder or impede or delay the development of".

That is exactly what Randy has done to AVFC, and it has been done deliberately. He thought he could cut off the finance and get away with it, which brings us to the currently more usual definition of "retarded'!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next