The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ravel Morrison set for Villa?

+32
danclare82
LVBrit
De Kuip
TheVillansOfAston
lukevilla
deadbuzzardalive
Aston Phila
andrew24561
gdav
smetro
avfcjay
A.V.F.C
Synopsis
The Utterer
achilles
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Boldfinger
WendyOz
JoshKaiAV
DaveAV1
Trotters
VillaBill
Alf T
KMitch
BillytheKid
NARLA24
avfc forever
Dgrizzle7
Wriggle
4BetLite
AstonThriller
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? Empty Ravel Morrison set for Villa?

Post by AstonThriller Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:26 pm

Lots of speculation that he's set to sign. One article being THIS one. So what do people think? Personally I've always felt that at the right club he could be an absolute monster. I think coming to a big club and spending a year in the championship where he could be a "big fish" and play regularly would do him the world of good.

He's actually had three spells in the championship previously so he knows the league well. His best spell was with QPR and HERE are the highlights from that season. Looks absolute class there tbh and could you imagine him, Grealish and Adama playing behind a decent striker? Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 226846862

They'd rip that division apart imo.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? Empty Re: Ravel Morrison set for Villa?

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am

AstonThriller wrote:Lots of speculation that he's set to sign. One article being THIS one. So what do people think? Personally I've always felt that at the right club he could be an absolute monster. I think coming to a big club and spending a year in the championship where he could be a "big fish" and play regularly would do him the world of good.

He's actually had three spells in the championship previously so he knows the league well. His best spell was with QPR and HERE highlights from that season. Looks absolute class there tbh and could you imagine him, Grealish and Adama playing behind a decent striker? Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 226846862

He is an outstanding talent IMO, if we can get him to think and act like a model pro then we have a 30m player for peanuts.

If we can surround him with Elphick types and clear out the toxic twats then that will help greatly. Get him a mentor at the club, use BL to keep him settled and happy, this is the type of player we need to bring out the best in Ayew and Veretout, along with Jack for me as I see adama as too raw, more of an impact sub or strict winger in a 442 with a workhorse RB to bail him out behind.

It might backfire but worth the risk I say.

4BetLite
4BetLite

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 am

He's a risk and a gamble. But I do feel that somewhere he will click and become a worldie. Hasn't happened yet and he's a total scumbag but even if we sign him and it doesn't work I don't think we would be the last club to gamble on him so might as well have a go
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

We really need to fuck off the morons we have at the club before signing additional ones.

Get rid of Gabby, Guzan, Bacuna, Lescott and Richards and this would be a good signing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Agree Joppe, this would only work if the idiots were all fucked off
Wriggle
Wriggle

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

His deffo worth the risk, the guy is class imo.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:47 pm

4BetLite wrote:
AstonThriller wrote:Lots of speculation that he's set to sign. One article being THIS one. So what do people think? Personally I've always felt that at the right club he could be an absolute monster. I think coming to a big club and spending a year in the championship where he could be a "big fish" and play regularly would do him the world of good.

He's actually had three spells in the championship previously so he knows the league well. His best spell was with QPR and HERE highlights from that season. Looks absolute class there tbh and could you imagine him, Grealish and Adama playing behind a decent striker? Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 226846862

He is an outstanding talent IMO, if we can get him to think and act like a model pro then we have a 30m player for peanuts.

If we can surround him with Elphick types and clear out the toxic twats then that will help greatly. Get him a mentor at the club, use BL to keep him settled and happy, this is the type of player we need to bring out the best in Ayew and Veretout, along with Jack for me as I see adama as too raw, more of an impact sub or  strict winger in a 442 with a workhorse RB to bail him out behind.

It might backfire but worth the risk I say.

I disagree regarding Adama tbh. Personally I think a year in the championship would be perfect for his development. A talent like him who can go past defenders on a whim would light up that league imo and we need to give the lad a chance to shine now instead of hampering his progress. Same goes for Grealish as well.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:53 pm

I would like it if we could sign him really good player.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Get him signed asap
NARLA24
NARLA24

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Cheers Thriller for the Morrison link, defo hope we sign him it reminds me a little bit like Pogba was nothingspecial at United then when he moved he found his feet and home and excelled where Morrison hasn't found a real home yet hopefully Villa is that place cos boy he can play when on song.

Adama, Grealish and Morrison behind McCormack makes me Jizzy Dancing Banana
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Adama for me would be the equivalent of our Eden Hazard but on the other flank. Hopefully RDM will be able to bring him on as if so he could be some player.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:36 pm

We need leaders, model professionals, and hard workers to provide good influences to our talented but twatish youngsters (Grealish, Adama, etc). I'm fine with the Morrision signing, as long as we get some more leaders in and ship out wasters like Gabby and Lescott. Elphick and Stan are two fantastic starts to turning around the dressing room, but we need more than just the two of them.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? Empty Get Ready To Yawn ...lol

Post by Alf T Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:21 am

Get Ready To Yawn ...or skip this post Laughing

Ravel has skills in abundance, his famous flick 6 feet in the air in a West Ham training video went viral.

Ravel also has huge social problems. He was one of SAF's early nurtures for the next "Golden Geration".
SAF gave up on him and his wannabe gangsta social life.

Un-like Gazza with 'Five-Bellies'.... and his hangers-on.....Ravel has a pretty serious crew around him

Ravel played for the Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freaks..not in the couple of years I had an ST with my wife and daughter.....so I've only seen him in 10 second clips, and heard about him...a lot.

He was a good player when on loan to them, think it was Lee Clark as manager then _ the guy that has just bought 200 odd players for Kilmarnock.... joke...only 12.... in one day.... Laughing

Ravel brought his 'crew' to the sty.....then he was shoved off. Too much trouble.
Sullivan at West ham, told Allardyce to 'get rid'..and Sullivan won. Ravel went on loan to Lazio, and has hardly played, he took his 'crew' with him.

I don't care how much RDM thinks he can control outlaws and depressives, he has enough problems, imo, with Jack and Gabbs in the dressing room...he doesn't need to import bigger problems.

Ravel, it seems is a gifted and innovative player. Everyone says, except Sullivan and Lazio. I'm told he was good at the Sty, in this league.
But he brings his friends, who hang around the car-park,on training days ...his lifestyle seems to disrupt every dressing room he has ever been in.
From one of SAF's new generation, to a Lazio leper..

NO THANK YOU. The guy is on a bigger self-destruct than Gazza ever was, we don't need him.

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Sir Alex couldn't tame in neither could Big Sam, damaged goods, leave alone
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am

Maybe get Collymore to have a word about how the hangers-on leach your money and ruin your career.

If he comes with the kind of baggage mentioned above then it's a big NO from me. We've had enough twats dragging us down.
Trotters
Trotters

Ravel Morrison set for Villa? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:01 pm

I tend to agree with Alf. Well actually that's not true, I generally tend to disagree with Alf, but on this occasion I'm on board with the gospel according to Mr T.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Wasn't Di'canio "damaged goods" before going to West Ham? Wasn't Cantana a bad apple too even at Leeds? Ravel has had his issues but he's hardly some convicted felon. If RDM wants him he has my full support. It's funny how Alf didn't mention his spell at QPR!!..where Redknapp said he was as good as gold.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:51 pm

he's hardly some convicted felon

He has got a criminal record for witness intimidation and was charged with assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mum but cleared...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
he's hardly some convicted felon

He has got a criminal record for witness intimidation and was charged with assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mum but cleared...

Yeah but like i said, he wasn't convicted. He was also a teenager when that stuff happened...he's 23 now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:21 pm

You can't just say "oh he was a kid" when the conviction was for Witness Intimidation! He was a kid and committed a something a little more than speeding.

2011 - witness intimidation. Convicted.
2012 - homophobic rants on Twitter. Punished and fined by the FA
2014 - remanded in custody for common assault
2014 - charged with threatening to throw acid in ex-GFs face and blow up her house but charges dropped due to lack of evidence
2015 - found not-guilty of 3 assault charges against the same ex-GF and her mum

Doesn't exactly make great reading, whether he was guilty or not he's clearly gotten himself into some fucking stupid situations and not all that long ago
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 pm

So he wasn't convicted of anything but we should treat him like he was? The bottom line is he was found not guilty. Therefore he should be free to get on with his career without being smeared by something that wasn't true.

I'm only concerned about what the lad can do on the pitch...too many people try to get into the footballers personal life when it doesn't concern them. Grealish has been far from a saint but would everyone rush to sell him now? I doubt it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Fuck me! He HAS been convicted of something - witness intimidation! Jack got pissed and did some hippy crack, Morrison threatened witnesses to not testify in court. Is that a fair comparison?

Morrison is a scumbag, a talented one and if you read above I said we should gamble on him, but you can't just brush it under the rug because he might end up wearing claret and blue. He's a cnut.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Gazza knocked his wife around like Tyson did Bruno!!..the whole fecking country loved the man regardless. Ravel was foolish WHEN HE WAS A YOUNG KID. He's not had any problems for a while now which is why I say the lad should be left alone to get on with his career.

Also "witness intimidation" could be a silly thing like mean mugging a witness in court!!..we simply don't know what that was all about but the fact is he wasn't sent to prison for it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:57 pm

We do not know what it was? Except we do. Because he pleaded guilty to it. Christ alive, it's like arguing with a parrot.

Some lad got mugged. Morrison offered to buy him stuff to replace what was nicked if the kid dropped the issue, then threatened him to accept his "offer" then turned up mob handed in the middle of the night to the kids house. This was less than 5 years ago. He was given a suspended sentence (ie could've done time but was let off with a last chance warning) and a fine.

He hasn't had any problems for a while now? Except the whole homophobic rant, being charged and appearing in court....

But fine, you're willing to ignore anything as long as they play for the Villa. Might as well give Abu Hamza a contract if he can whip in a decent cross.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:07 pm

good argument chaps.

I want Morrison the player, not Morrison the person. Sadly we already have a few in the squad that are no longer the player they can be and we're left with persons that we do not want or need.

I've said earlier that I'd take the gamble on him, but in hindsight, I do not think we will ever see the player that Morrison can be. We can also now probably afford better.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum