The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Christian Benteke

+81
villain57
George
Leafs1201
Deano69
VTID85
WendyOz
avfc85
Saunders82
ViewFromT2
Synopsis
tonyp
DomAVFC
big ming
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
4BetLite
ejs1111
jvilla
aberdarevilla
Villa Ranger
gdav
andrew24561
Wriggle
Wookster
DaveAV1
Con
James_Curtis
fastbackace
Keyser Soze
Withes Sweatbands
StringGhost
Born Under The Holte End
MarvelVillan
bazzah
B62 Villa
UnclePanda
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
lukevilla
South London Villan
Jamie Gray
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
mark_draper
The Utterer
Dazzle
Aesorian
VillaBill
kimbo
CoE82
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
mefromhere
NARLA24
Trotters
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
Dions_Bald_Head
Sensitive Sid
Wigteke
My Old Man
De Kuip
villabromsgrove
Dek of Villa
Green Villan
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
mDigital
mickeywya
whiteensign
Malandro
Holte139
Finn07
Tomy-Flemba
Kaz
Thinman
villashrew
KMitch
Mazrim
85 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 4 Empty Re: Christian Benteke

Post by avfcjoe Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:13 pm

It appears link up play between Grealish and Benteke is working well, albeit in an U21 game
avfcjoe

Christian Benteke - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:14 pm

How's Given kicking/throwing? :)
Trotters
Trotters

Christian Benteke - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Trotters wrote:How's Given kicking/throwing? :)

Can't tell from Twitter mate

Benteke subbed on the hour mark.

I'm following the Bolton twitter feed as don't want it to be claret and blue biased - Grealish nipped past a couple in the 1st half but slammed his shot into the crossbar, Cole's goal sounds decent from the description, Okore pushed up the pitch and played a nice 1-2 with Tekkers but the defender blocked his shot, Bolton just missed a pen
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Christian Benteke - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 pm

So no sign of a #kickeditoutonthefull hashtag? Or #whothefuckishethrowingthatto?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Nah, there's a criminal lack of hashtags on these twitter feeds. #Pullyoursocksup should be in use every time Grealish is mentioned!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:32 pm

As far as footballing trademarks go, it's every bit as bad as this...

Christian Benteke - Page 4 Football-mullet
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:37 pm

3-0 but some Twitter confusion! Bolton saying Stain tapped in a Grealish cross, AVFC saying Stain tapped in a rebound after a shot of Jack's was saved.

#Controversy
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 pm

All finished 3-0.

If AVFC don't publish a match report it might be worth checking out Bolton's website as their twitter said one would be on there later today
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Looking good, although Saturday will be a different thing all together.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Christian Benteke - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah. We might only win 2-0. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:3-0 but some Twitter confusion! Bolton saying Stain tapped in a Grealish cross, AVFC saying Stain tapped in a rebound after a shot of Jack's was saved.

#Controversy

#whothehellishe?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:50 pm

and if Benteke scores, well, we will have to have a party.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:3-0 but some Twitter confusion! Bolton saying Stain tapped in a Grealish cross, AVFC saying Stain tapped in a rebound after a shot of Jack's was saved.

#Controversy

#whothehellishe?

Misspelt his name - Thomas Strain, some young striker I've not heard much of
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:

#Controversy

#whothehellishe?

Misspelt his name - Thomas Strain, some young striker I've not heard much of

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/villa-brothers-strain-glory
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:21 pm

#Controversy
I followed the last part of the game on Bolton twitter. I've totally given up on the bunch of useless oddballs that are paid to stumble about on AVFC feeds. Christian Benteke - Page 4 1715320296
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:

#Controversy
I followed the last part of the game on Bolton twitter. I've totally given up on the bunch of useless oddballs that are paid to stumble about on AVFC feeds. Christian Benteke - Page 4 1715320296

Yeah I had both open at one point but was paying a LOT more attention to Bolton's. If they put a match report up which is better than AVFC's then I'm gonna send the media manager's CV to Fox and tell him to sort it out
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

#Controversy

Yeah I had both open at one point but was paying a LOT more attention to Bolton's. If they put a match report up which is better than AVFC's then I'm gonna send the media manager's CV to Fox and tell him to sort it out
Christian Benteke - Page 4 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:10 pm

From what I see on facebook from someone there, Benteke had a goal disallowed then scored a penalty, then Cole scored and he doesn't mention the 3rd goal, so still none the wiser Wink

He did post some pictures though Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Christian Benteke - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:37 pm

So will Lambert now resume his hoof it to Benteke policy or will he use some width and maybe try and get a few crosses into the Beast ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Looking at old Villa footage I can say that Benteke is a player like Gary Shaw, if you watch the old footage the similarities to each other are very close, what do you guys think?
Green Villan
Green Villan

Christian Benteke - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:21 am

I dunno. One is white and short. The other isn't. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:25 am

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/12/05/christian-benteke-going-nowhere-insists-aston-villa-boss-paul-la/

Christian Benteke going nowhere, insists Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has ruled out Christian Benteke leaving the club in the New Year, insisting that the Belgian striker will honour his contract.

Benteke, 24, helped end the club's nine-game winless run on Tuesday night with the only goal in a 1-0 victory at Crystal Palace, after returning to the side following his three-match suspension for a straight red against Tottenham Hotspur last month.

Having made just five first-team appearances since coming back in October from a ruptured Achilles tendon, the imposing front man is still getting up to speed, but Lambert believes it won’t be long before he is back to his best.

“I think he can still do better,” he told Sky Sports News HQ. “I thought his game wasn’t even at the heights it was against Tottenham.

“His goal was fantastic. It’s good to have him back with his presence, but I still think there’s so much more to give.

“If Christian’s on his game and can perform on the level he can perform then he gives you that real presence up top.”

Having netted 35 times in 72 total appearances since arriving from Genk in August 2012 for £7 million, Benteke has continued to be linked with a move elsewhere while Villa struggle at the bottom of the table.

Lambert has made it clear, however, that his star man is not for sale, adding: “There’s no point because he’s got a contract and he’s just signed another one not long ago.

“He won’t be going anywhere.”

Villa go into Sunday’s home match against Leicester City having recorded just seven goals, 131 shots and 49 shots on target so far this season – all league-worst figures – but Benteke’s regular presence in the line-up should ensure that those numbers soon rise.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Christian Benteke admits his transfer request at Aston Villa was “a mistake” and now wants to repay boss Paul Lambert for building the side around him.

Belgium international striker Benteke went from hero to villain at Villa Park when he demanded to quit after 23 goals in his stunning debut season.

But he ended up snubbing Spurs to sign a new four-year deal in July 2013 and is now fixing his sights on more goals after returning from long-term injury and a ban.

The striker, 24, told MirrorSport: “I don’t have regrets about staying. Every choice I made I accept but I would not do the same mistake and everything that happened before.”

Last season Benteke’s campaign was cruelly ended by an Achilles injury in training in April which required surgery.

It left him stranded on 11 goals as he missed the World Cup and only returned in October.

But he is ready to thrive in the remainder of this campaign ahead of Manchester United’s visit tomorrow after Lambert changed Villa’s tactics.

The Scot has implemented a new passing style by playing out from the back in their last two games instead of a previously more direct counter-attacking style.

Benteke believes it suits his game despite a defeat at neighbouring West Brom last weekend.

In pictures: West Brom 1-0 Aston Villa

VIEW GALLERY 

He explained: “Sometimes you have to try something else. Other teams are not stupid - they know we go to Benteke because we just play long ball.

“Now the fact we try to build up from behind is a good thing. We can play and we can enjoy it. OK we lost against West Brom but we showed some good football.

“We have to try to show that against the big teams too and not be afraid. The manager discussed it with the squad.

“He said if a player has something to say they can come and knock on his door. He gives us more responsibility. He asked if the players are comfortable to play this way and we say: ‘yes’.

“We have some quality and we have to use it.”

With many Villa fans still on Lambert’s back, Benteke knows he can play a pivotal role in boosting the club’s prospects after owner Randy Lerner put it up for sale.

Villa have just 10 goals in 16 league matches this term but Benteke is determined to repay Lambert who paid £7million to take him from Genk in August 2012.

Christian Benteke Premier League stats

Appearances

Goals

Assists

Benteke also says Lambert’s decision to allow him to recuperate from his Achilles injury in his native Belgium for several weeks helped enormously.

“He signed me and gave me confidence and I try to pay him back on the pitch to try and score,” Benteke added.

“I have a special relationship with him. He is really cool with me and gives me a lot of freedom when I play. He also understood when you have a break while injured you comeback fresh in your head.

“My injury was really hard but the fact I was with my family in Belgium helped me a lot. I forgot about football a bit.

“I was with good people and had kind messages off the whole of Belgium. I think it helped me a lot. Sometimes you can say something to someone and you don’t think about what you said but this was honest.”

Benteke was speaking this week on a visit to Birmingham Children’s Hospital to visit the young patients.

It was a poignant trip for the forward who became a father for the first time in August to son Jaden.

His arrival is another incentive to rediscover top form after missing out on Brazil and then being sent off against Spurs just four matches into his comeback.

Stu Forster

Dismissal: Benteke is sent off against Tottenham

He has already scored once against Crystal Palace earlier this month with a brilliant effort described as reminiscent of the recently retired Thierry Henry.

But Benteke added: “To say I am like Thierry Henry or almost like him is bulls**t.

“Now Thierry Henry has stopped, everyone is saying he is a good player and hopefully it will be the same for me. Sometimes I feel like I am old. I am still young but I don’t forget football goes fast.

“In 2014 I had some good news and bad news but hopefully the New Year is going to be something good and better.”

Tomorrow’s opponents United are in fine form though after reeling off six successive top-flight victories.

Benteke said: “They are favourites, you have to respect them because they are a big club but the respect stops on the pitch.

“On the pitch you have to fight, we are men, you still need to fight for yourself and your family who have come to see you.”
mefromhere
mefromhere

Christian Benteke - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:19 pm

That's a decent attitude for a player to have. I'll be watching for the battle tomorrow CB!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Trotters wrote:I dunno. One is white and short. The other isn't.  :)

Haha I meant for technique, I should of been more clearer lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Christian Benteke - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next