The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+88
Trentvilla
Sutherland
Poseidon
Tomy-Flemba
Coseley Villa
DaveAV1
KMitch
switters
Sky
LVBrit
gaffer85
AVit
Superfowler07
Malandro
Suits
Mr Beast
stewiek
Steveallen79
villashrew
omariqy
tidders
supermon
Jim
Andyh
Trezzy
tbarrules
DelboyVilla
Kaz
pablo23uk
davevilla
clarryblue
jd
Morgan Villa
gdav
Southern Villan
ejs1111
R1chuk
Villarocks666
CoE82
Olof Mellberg
danclare82
chrisw1
Villa_Dan
Saunders
jvilla
Synopsis
B62 Villa
Dazzle
DN1982
banneruk
ember
Green Villan
Chrissylee1111
De Kuip
The Utterer
Mr T
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
roba19
Alpe_DHuez
George
RoyRace
bazzah
Heisenberg
TheLeftSide
Mazrim
CTVillan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Keyser Soze
heystally!
Wriggle
viva_la_amo
GadgetMan
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
Kakacroom
DR Peters
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
kimbo
StevieAVFC14
My Old Man
River
HarryAVFC
GodzoneVilla
lukevilla
92 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Mr Beast Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 am

Everton has supposedly been on the market for years without a sale, or even any new investors because Bill Kenwright doesn't want to dilute his influence.

That supposedly wasn't the case with Lerner, who needed and wanted to sell. We've had enough evidence of his massive mood/policy swings to know that he changes his mind every five minutes, so he could be around for the long haul, whether through a change of heart or a failure to achieve anything like the price he wanted.

I still think in an ideal world Lerner would like to sell. Certainly I want him to. However a crisis club permanently close to the bottom 3 with a rightly angry fan base is not an easy sell.
Mr Beast
Mr Beast

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Guys please have faith, we're second in the league without our best player playing and our defence is looking great. We beat Liverpool at anfield with a team that cost 16 mill, what more do you want? Ole Gunner?
Lamberts extension will of been on condition of the new scouting system he talked about and with promises of funds for contract extensions for players thought worthy. If Lambert had had his way then we could of added Coutinho and Daley Blind in seasons past. Support him till the Jan window and if we're struggling and no funds available then I'll join you in calling for his head. Until then the least we can do is make our support heard during games and get Villa Park rocking, we've had three years of depression and it's about time going to the game felt good again.

good statement keyser Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:20 am

Well it's Lambert's contract that has caused us all to reassess our opinion on the takeover. The good news is that Evil Randy has now left the building, because Evil Randy would have kept Faulkner on and not sanctioned new contracts. So as a minimum we have Good Randy, or new owners. I'm happy with either possibility.
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:22 am

viva_la_amo wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:You still think its going to happen PDC? fair play mate.

I think you're everybody last hope of a takeover so you'll have to be ready for a backlash mate if it doesn't happen. Whether right or wrong, you know it will come.

I bet youve had a post typed out for weeks chomping at the bit to post haven't  you Bash haha! That aside If anybody does, they need to seriously get a life. Far more important things in life to be outraged and bothered by. Whatever the outcome PDC has our full support. Scarf Waving

I know that post is light hearted but you probably really think that don't you? I've said all I have about my thoughts on the takeover so there's no need for I told you so''s.

If people are upset by PDC being wrong then they should just find another forum. I think some have already started to.

PDC has obviously shared things he has been passed that he feels are reliable, there will be no slagging from me, also, whos to say the info is wrong?? still could happen

Back to top Go down

Post by tidders Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 am

jimbop wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:You still think its going to happen PDC? fair play mate.

I think you're everybody last hope of a takeover so you'll have to be ready for a backlash mate if it doesn't happen. Whether right or wrong, you know it will come.

I bet youve had a post typed out for weeks chomping at the bit to post haven't  you Bash haha! That aside If anybody does, they need to seriously get a life. Far more important things in life to be outraged and bothered by. Whatever the outcome PDC has our full support. Scarf Waving

I know that post is light hearted but you probably really think that don't you? I've said all I have about my thoughts on the takeover so there's no need for I told you so''s.

If people are upset by PDC being wrong then they should just find another forum. I think some have already started to.

PDC has obviously shared things he has been passed that he feels are reliable, there will be no slagging from me, also, whos to say the info is wrong?? still could happen
Exactly...I think it's some people just showing a knee jerk reaction to PL's contract extension (it's ruffled a few feathers)!
tidders

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Wonder how much money Randy will give Lamberk to spend in Jan if he's still the owner ?

Lamberk? Are we still in the playground?
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:30 am

Quite right jimbop - if there is one thing that Randy does well, it is stealth deals - Bent out of the blue anybody? He runs a tight ship, and more importantly said last statement he will only make another when he has definite news - when did the 'I'm not selling for 3 years' statement happen? The longer he goes without saying that, the more I think he is waiting for the last stages of the deal to be concluded prior to his final statement on the takeover - a statement from randy it is after all, overdue.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:41 am

Last I heard was that there's no current interest in the club at all. Was an early enquiry a couple of months before we officially went up for sale but there's been nothing since apart from a little bit of interest from a British Consortium that didn't want to pay anywhere near Lerner's valuation.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am

Suits wrote:Last I heard was that there's no current interest in the club at all. Was an early enquiry a couple of months before we officially went up for sale but there's been nothing since apart from a little bit of interest from a British Consortium that didn't want to pay anywhere near Lerner's valuation.

not saying what you've heard is wrong at all matey but I find it hard to believe there is no current interest, we are a sound investment with a magnificent stadium and fan base, are based in the second biggest city which is prospering more and more buy the day, our youth academy and training facilities are outstanding, I just cant see no one being interested. if we were talking about our little sisters in small heath then yes I could see why no interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:48 am

jimbop wrote:
Suits wrote:Last I heard was that there's no current interest in the club at all. Was an early enquiry a couple of months before we officially went up for sale but there's been nothing since apart from a little bit of interest from a British Consortium that didn't want to pay anywhere near Lerner's valuation.

not saying what you've heard is wrong at all matey but I find it hard to believe there is no current interest, we are a sound investment with a magnificent stadium and fan base, are based in the second biggest city which is prospering more and more buy the day, our youth academy and training facilities are outstanding, I just cant see no one being interested.  if we were talking about our little sisters in small heath then yes I could see why no interest.  

If someone is willing to pay £1bn for Tottenham then there's hope for anyone!
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:52 am

Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:

not saying what you've heard is wrong at all matey but I find it hard to believe there is no current interest, we are a sound investment with a magnificent stadium and fan base, are based in the second biggest city which is prospering more and more buy the day, our youth academy and training facilities are outstanding, I just cant see no one being interested.  if we were talking about our little sisters in small heath then yes I could see why no interest.  

If someone is willing to pay £1bn for Tottenham then there's hope for anyone!

defo matey, I find it strange about lamberts contract, and I would say re takeover if nothing happens this month I will take it as nothing imminent, but theres still a few days of this month left! if I was to bet about an annoucment coming soon then it will be to say lerner has investment from somewhere/someone

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am

wheres De Kuip? He said some knowing things t'other day about October 12th... Mods, track him down and grill him!
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 am

jvilla wrote:wheres De Kuip? He said some knowing things t'other day about October 12th... Mods, track him down and grill him!

has anyone tried to message paul merson on twitter asking him about him saying October/November? im not on twitter so don't really know how it works??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 am

jvilla wrote:wheres De Kuip? He said some knowing things t'other day about October 12th... Mods, track him down and grill him!

He is on the stretching rack as we speak and being prodded by trotters but as yet has not revealed his info Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 am

Interesting , very interesting - I know of the British consortium and your comments are bang on regarding it which makes me think you are perhaps on the level .
Also you provided accurate transfer news recently - thank you .

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 am

Eastie wrote:

He is on the stretching rack as we speak and being prodded by trotters but as yet has not revealed his info Sad

Cut the filthy stuff out and water board him!
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 am

Kakacroom wrote:Pdc what your sources opinion on lambert getting a four year deal
Surprised that the deal was a four year one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:24 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:Pdc what your sources opinion on lambert getting a four year deal

was a contract for lambert mentioned by your source before it came out??

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:34 am

jimbop wrote:

Its a very sound investment, but only without the shackles of FFP. What's the point of buying something you are limited to investing in?

My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:37 am

It looks like Randy is still making the footballing decisions, which is a recipe for disaster Imo. What's Tom Fox's input into the current decision making process?
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

villabromsgrove wrote:It looks like Randy is still making the footballing decisions, which is a recipe for disaster Imo. What's Tom Fox's input into the current decision making process?

He did pointedly remark that the contract was being negotiated before he came in, which I found strange.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:43 am

Randy - I want to sell
Fox - We have a long term vision

C'mon AVFC - someone clarify for us?
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

From the outside as a fan/ST holder with no ITK information whatsoever, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed failure is again being rewarded. This for me points to no takeover being close( if it ever was), I have had my doubts throughout the summer, and the way I view it is, Randy put the club up for sale after completely losing interest , his price was too high but it was worth trying to get the best price he could, prob was no one was interested for many reasons, he has obviously sat down with the accountants, and has realised for a very minimal outlay he can coin it in.
The TV money has changed the landscape financially for a club like us, it means every year as long as we stay up, we can turn a decent profit, as long as we don't get carried away with ambition, anything out of the bottom 4 is fine. He has brought in Tom Fox who has a proven track record of bringing big money into a club and negotiating contracts. This all points to years( until a sale goes through) of zero ambition but maximum pocket lining, there will be no big transfers, no aiming for Europe, no redevelopment of the north stand etc etc, and in Lambert on £2m per year, he has the perfect yes man happy to work under these conditions, I'm sorry but I don't think the dark times or relegation battles are over yet, not by a long shot, and I feel we will end up between 12-16th again this year.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

My Old Man wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:It looks like Randy is still making the footballing decisions, which is a recipe for disaster Imo. What's Tom Fox's input into the current decision making process?

He did pointedly remark that the contract was being negotiated before he came in, which I found strange.
He did seem to want people to know that he hadn't instigated it.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 am

jimbop wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

was a contract for lambert mentioned by your source before it came out??
Not even close jimbop. Out of the blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next