The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+88
Trentvilla
Sutherland
Poseidon
Tomy-Flemba
Coseley Villa
DaveAV1
KMitch
switters
Sky
LVBrit
gaffer85
AVit
Superfowler07
Malandro
Suits
Mr Beast
stewiek
Steveallen79
villashrew
omariqy
tidders
supermon
Jim
Andyh
Trezzy
tbarrules
DelboyVilla
Kaz
pablo23uk
davevilla
clarryblue
jd
Morgan Villa
gdav
Southern Villan
ejs1111
R1chuk
Villarocks666
CoE82
Olof Mellberg
danclare82
chrisw1
Villa_Dan
Saunders
jvilla
Synopsis
B62 Villa
Dazzle
DN1982
banneruk
ember
Green Villan
Chrissylee1111
De Kuip
The Utterer
Mr T
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
roba19
Alpe_DHuez
George
RoyRace
bazzah
Heisenberg
TheLeftSide
Mazrim
CTVillan
VillaBill
andrew24561
Keyser Soze
heystally!
Wriggle
viva_la_amo
GadgetMan
UnclePanda
Dions_Bald_Head
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
Kakacroom
DR Peters
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
kimbo
StevieAVFC14
My Old Man
River
HarryAVFC
GodzoneVilla
lukevilla
92 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Has PDC given a update on the situation and whether the takeover is still on?
Chrissylee1111

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think it's a valid point, but we really have not invested in the team, we have only extended contracts, we also have no idea if they have taken a pay cut.

Maybe the investment is only enough to see us through until a certain time that things are finalised?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Has PDC given a update on the situation and whether the takeover is still on?

PDC can answer for himself, but the last time on here, he was still confident in the information he had.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 pm

My Old Man wrote:
gdav wrote: I've been thinking that maybe we have had someone come in & invest with a view to buy. It would make sense as we looked such a mess pre season an added bit of security investing first with some sort of religation clause??
Would we even need to be informed as it wasn't officially yet a new owner??
Something's changed from the free agents & 2 year contracts to what is happening now. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 3769219917

Thats precisely what i am thinking. Is there any reason as to why an investor will want to keep it quiet?

I just wouldn't think there would be any point in not keeping it quiet, it saves answering to many questions and we all know how the club like doing their buisness on the hush hush.
gdav
gdav

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 pm

gdav wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
gdav wrote: I've been thinking that maybe we have had someone come in & invest with a view to buy. It would make sense as we looked such a mess pre season an added bit of security investing first with some sort of religation clause??
Would we even need to be informed as it wasn't officially yet a new owner??
Something's changed from the free agents & 2 year contracts to what is happening now. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 3769219917

Thats precisely what i am thinking. Is there any reason as to why an investor will want to keep it quiet?

I just wouldn't think there would be any point in not keeping it quiet, it saves answering to many questions and we all know how the club like doing their buisness on the hush hush.

True. Maybe Mr Fox is having a positive effect on Lerner?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Southern Villan wrote:I like the fact we are signing players up on new deals. But I am not so sure about 4 years for Gabby and 3 for Hutton, taking them into their 30s, with a lot that can happen between now and then. Remember that part of our financial mess is due to long contracts (albeit at very high wages, I admit).

Perhaps this points to a new found financial confidence (maybe even with a new owner) rather than going gung-ho. I hope so.

If we were not comfortable with doing that 6 months ago, why are we now?

What has happened behind the scenes for this change of emphasis, because i am pretty positive in saying that this is not like Lerner at all.

Exactly. I really hope it is either new investment, or a promise of new investment ahead of a takeover.

If it is Randy looking at the financial forecasts again and turning the taps on because he sees the tv money then the question is why not earlier? Has he just woken up to the need to spend some of that cash to protect his investment or is he resigned to being Villa owner for the foreseeable future?

It still nags me that the contracts are on the generous side. But I am still much happier than a few months ago!
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 pm

No thanks....Got Blackburn Rovers Mk2 written all over it...call it gut instinct!!

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:

No thanks....Got Blackburn Rovers Mk2 written all over it...call it gut instinct!!

Agree, Better the devil we know.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Spent a few days off this forum (not intentionally), and it' amazing how quickly any sign of a takeover is totally non-existent outside these walls. I think...seriously think...we're all fuckin mad!!!

LOL

Our best start to a season for 16 years or whatever the stat is...and this forum STILL has people complaining about the manager...and the style of play...unbelievable, on the takeover thread!! haha!

I think this thread should be closed now. It's clear to anyone with half an eye open that nothing is happening.....move on and enjoy the season!!!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Has anyone heard or seen PDC recently?? I hope he's not doing a Dinks on us.
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Not moaning Mardy but Paul will have to prove his metal that he's not just defensive in his tactics, at the moment I don't mind him going defensive when it's the big teams but I want to see if he does it against the smaller teams, then we will see if he has learnt from his mistakes.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 pm

I believe signing Hutton and Gabby is cheaper than buying the same level of experience. I also think Delph and Vlaar are in the middle of sorting contracts out. Some negotiations take longer than others.

I also think that wages had to be reduced and the books balanced ready for this season. The club announced the books were sorted last season so its not unusual for us to offer contracts to players we originally wanted out.

Maybe we have been sold or maybe now the Lerner trust owns one half and Randy the other they are not in a hurry to sell. Tom Fox could have been brought in to generate a bigger turnover to make us look more attractive.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:I believe signing Hutton and Gabby is cheaper than buying the same level of experience.   I also think Delph and Vlaar are in the middle of sorting contracts out. Some negotiations take longer than others.

I also think that wages had to be reduced and the books balanced ready for this season.  The club announced the books were sorted last season so its not unusual for us to offer contracts to players we originally wanted out.

Maybe we have been sold or maybe now the Lerner trust owns one half and Randy the other they are not in a hurry to sell.  Tom Fox could have been brought in to generate a bigger turnover to make us look more attractive.  

Good points bud, hope you're wrong about the Lerner trust thing though.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 pm

I think Lerner because of lack of interest and wanting to sell the club has taken a complete back seat and is happy with what happens as long as the club is run like a business first and a football club second.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:15 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:I think Lerner because of lack of interest and wanting to sell the club has taken a complete back seat and is happy with what happens as long as the club is run like a business first and a football club second.

I think lerner is desperate to sell asap - he's just realised the club is not attractive to buyers when fighting relegation - I have no doubt he still very much wants out and fast .

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Eastie wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:I think Lerner because of lack of interest and wanting to sell the club has taken a complete back seat and is happy with what happens as long as the club is run like a business first and a football club second.

I think lerner is desperate to sell asap - he's just realised the club is not attractive to buyers when fighting relegation - I have no doubt he still very much wants out and fast .

I agree with that. I also think he want's nothing to do with running of the club either in the interim.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:19 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I agree with that. I also think he want's nothing to do with running of the club either in the interim.

There's absolutely no doubt he wants out. He seemingly just can't sell it right now. I think throwing contracts at both Gabby and Lerner is as much a business need as it is a playing one. Having two senior players who have/are internationals on long deals, increases thier value and therefore an asset on a spreadsheet when it comes to valuing the club. The club was last officially 'appraised' in October 2012, maybe a current appraisal of the true value is due and therefore this is a way to simply add value to the club. That's my take on it anyway. I don't feel a deal is close, too much points to nothing happening imminently, so now we have to make ourselves even more attractive to the market. What we're seeing is the equivalent of a lick of paint, maybe a new bathroom suite etc! Tom Fox in the 'Phil Spencer' role. I personally feel potential bidders are waiting to see how we do in the first part of the season and seeing just how much actually does need to be done and spent. I could be totally wrong and we could announce it before the end of September though, hope so Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

TheEgo wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:
Eastie wrote:

There's absolutely no doubt he wants out. He seemingly just can't sell it right now. I think throwing contracts at both Gabby and Lerner is as much a business need as it is a playing one. Having two senior players who have/are internationals on long deals, increases thier value and therefore an asset on a spreadsheet when it comes to valuing the club. The club was last officially 'appraised' in October 2012, maybe a current appraisal of the true value is due and therefore this is a way to simply add value to the club. That's my take on it anyway. I don't feel a deal is close, too much points to nothing happening imminently, so now we have to make ourselves even more attractive to the market. What we're seeing is the equivalent of a lick of paint, maybe a new bathroom suite etc! Tom Fox in the 'Phil Spencer' role. I personally feel potential bidders are waiting to see how we do in the first part of the season and seeing just how much actually does need to be done and spent. I could be totally wrong and we could announce it before the end of September though, hope so Scarf Waving
Maybe Merson does know something then been as he mentioned Oct/Nov. Could it be that something has been provisionally accepted dependent on our results in 1st half of season. I don't know anything about how takeovers work and if this is at all possible but just throwing that out there.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Takeover will happen - it's on its way.......................October 12th is a special day.

That even rhymes!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jd Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

De Kuip wrote:Takeover will happen - it's on its way.......................October 12th is a special day.

That even rhymes!

Is this from a reliable source or just random speculation? Spill the beans, don't hold us in suspense bounce
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Proberly a good idea signing Hutton people say he's signed over 4 games but I think it's proof lambert rated him all along just wasn't allowed play him
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:10 pm

jd wrote:
De Kuip wrote:Takeover will happen - it's on its way.......................October 12th is a special day.

That even rhymes!

Is this from a reliable source or just random speculation? Spill the beans, don't hold us in suspense bounce
Not another random day to wait for. Wasn't it the 12th June originally and then 12th of September now ur saying 12th October? Sorry but not buying it.
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villarocks666 Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:10 pm

jd wrote:

That even rhymes!

I won't hold my breath.
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Kakacroom wrote:Proberly a good idea signing Hutton people say he's signed over 4 games but I think it's proof lambert rated him all along just wasn't allowed play him

Hutton was a McLeish signing dropped by Lambert, he could of said no I'm playing him, just stating a fact.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next