The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

+38
Dek of Villa
Sensitive Sid
pcfbavfcoman
heystally!
USVillan
The Utterer
switters
KMitch
danclare82
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
DomAVFC
Jo64
roba19
Olof Mellberg
Jae1411
Staffslion
AVit
kimbo
whiteensign
mefromhere
Green Villan
Wigteke
WendyOz
Kakacroom
mickeywya
Fpuppys
CTVillan
Dions_Bald_Head
Hornso
VTID85
My Old Man
villashrew
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Southern Villan
Trotters
Villa_Dan
42 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How will we do against Arsenal

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 21 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:51 am

Gabby Agbonlahor wants to gun down Arsenal for Aston Villa's brave fan

GABBY AGBONLAHOR will give a wink to one extra-special fan if he continues his goal exploits against Arsenal today.

By Dave Armitage / Published 20th September 2014

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 541c9443bd5bf_gaab
INSPIRED: Gabby Agbonlahor admits young fan Moin Younis inspires him [GETTY]

Aston Villa striker Agbonlahor’s second goal in two games felled Liverpool at Anfield last week.

And now the 27-year-old goal ace has the Gunners in his sights with unbeaten Villa second in the table.

There might be a packed house of around 40,000 at Villa Park, but Agbonlahor know exactly where his special pal sits.

Moin Younis is the 14-year-old boy who the Villa ace draws inspiration from and who has become one of his dearest friends.

Moin suffers from a rare life-limiting condition, Epidermolysis Bullosa – a genetic condition which leaves him suffering from blisters both internally and externally from the slightest knock.

He’s a season ticket-holder and regular visitor to the club’s Villa Park training centre.

Agbonlahor first met him through his work for Acorns Hospice but has since become such a good pal that he’s been to his house and made hospital visits on spec when the youngster has been ill.

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 146623
HOT SHOT: Gabby scored the only goal against Liverpool last weekend [GETTY]

“He brightens me up because he’s an absolute inspiration. We’ve got some extraordinary supporters but, to me, he’s Villa’s No.1 fan”
~ Gabby Agbonlahor

Agbonlahor said: “All the lads know him because he’s such a livewire and, the funny thing is, he doesn’t mind telling you exactly how you’ve played either.

“He doesn’t beat about the bush giving his opinion. He’s an inspiration to me, never mind the other way around. The things he’s gone through are incredible and the things he faces up to on a daily basis are unbelievable.

"When you're a football you can feel a bit sorry for yourself when you pick up an injury. He’s taught me, it’s nothing. He makes me realise how fortunate we all are. He’s a friend now.”

Dad-of-two Agbonlahor adds: “He’s good for me, not the other way around. When I heard he was going through a really tough time I went to see him because I thought it would give him a lift and be a nice surprise.

“But he brightens me up because he’s an absolute inspiration. We’ve got some extraordinary supporters but, to me, he’s Villa’s No.1 fan.”

Former England star Agbonlahor revealed his close bond with the plucky teenager was even in his mind when he signed a new contract this week.

Agbonlahor revealed: “Honestly, when I signed my contract, I thought about him because he’d said to me ‘make sure you don’t leave’. I wouldn’t want to upset him!”

The teenager has a few things to be on top of the world about apart from the fact that his hero is sticking around.

Villa have shocked everyone with an unbeaten start which sees them sitting second in the table.

Moin said: “When Gabby came around my house when I was really sick, I couldn’t believe it.

“I can’t imagine many footballers who would do that. He treats me like a mate, not just as this little fan who wants his signature. He’s my hero. He’s got a heart of gold. Gabby has got no front to him. He’s just a normal guy.”

Agbonlahor would love nothing more than to send Arsenal packing for his mate and says there’s no reason Villa can’t do it.

“There’s a real buzz about the place at the moment. Everyone in the side is really working hard and playing well,” he said.

"We won't get carried away but things are pretty good after struggling last season.

“There’s a different feeling playing at home now. The crowd are right there with you and that makes a massive difference.

“It’s a while since we have beaten Arsenal at home. We’ve found it tough in recent years even though we did them away last season.

“They are never an easy side but we have to show the belief we’ve started with and get the crowd really buzzing.”

Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:14 am

Odd stats for a second place team - worst shot accuracy in the league of 24% - third worse possession level 37 % in the league and 2nd worse passing accuracy with 72% only palace worse .

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 am

On the train to Villa park! Been up since 6!
lukevilla

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 am

Eastie wrote:Odd stats for a second place team - worst shot accuracy in the league of 24% - third worse possession level 37 % in the league and 2nd worse passing accuracy with 72% only  palace worse .

If the stats were taken over a 12-15 game run then you might have reason to base an argument around them. As it stands, a few games aren't anywhere enough to conclude anything. And that includes the counter argument that we've a chance of winning the league.

It won't stop Gobbie Cabbage though... the dried up, crusty wank-sock.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 am

Arsenal have conceded a headed goal in all 4 league games this season. Should suit lamberts game plan then.
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:49 am

Jae1411 wrote:Arsenal have conceded a headed goal in all 4 league games this season. Should suit lamberts game plan then.
Be ok if Senderos starts to learn where the back of the net is.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 pm

I don't expect us to win, so that makes it a free match for us. Just throw the passion and team spirit elbows and studs at L'Arse and see if they crack!
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:13 pm

I fixed your post for you. Wink
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Trotters wrote:I fixed your post for you. Wink
Keane speak! Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Baker out due to virus, Clark steps in.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Baker suprised me last week, now its time for Clark to put in a suprisingly good shift...

Id be happy with a point and remain unbeaten.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Strange Okore not given a chance to stake his claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Eastie wrote:Strange Okore not given a chance to stake his claim.

Bent also has a virus so the reason maybe that Okore could too. These things usually clear quickly, but spread through a squad quickly aswell.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Alexis Sanchez injured during warm up and out!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by roba19 Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Carlos Sanchez late change for Westwood! Injured in warm up or virus?
roba19

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:56 pm

This is just typical, we get on a good run of points and something pops up to piss on the chips! This virus though has given Sanchez his chance to claim his midfield spot for the future, lets hope has a good game and Clarke too.
villashrew
villashrew

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Okore and Cole on the bench too.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo64 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

0-1, now let's see what they're made of!
Jo64
Jo64

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo64 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

Bloody hell, 0-2......
Jo64
Jo64

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

2 goals in a first-half minute...this is exactly how this fixture went last season. Oh damn, 0-3
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

3 in 5 mins? jesus!
and another cissokho og..
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo64 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Incredible 0-3!
Jo64
Jo64

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh, there's Aston Villa
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

makes my wanna turn off the playstation and start again!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:38 pm

back down to earth with a BANG!!!!
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next