The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

+38
Dek of Villa
Sensitive Sid
pcfbavfcoman
heystally!
USVillan
The Utterer
switters
KMitch
danclare82
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
DomAVFC
Jo64
roba19
Olof Mellberg
Jae1411
Staffslion
AVit
kimbo
whiteensign
mefromhere
Green Villan
Wigteke
WendyOz
Kakacroom
mickeywya
Fpuppys
CTVillan
Dions_Bald_Head
Hornso
VTID85
My Old Man
villashrew
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Southern Villan
Trotters
Villa_Dan
42 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How will we do against Arsenal

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 21 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by thegaffer6 Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Lamberts new deal looking a little premature?
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Sanchez is completely off pace... Can't pass, spends way too long receiving the ball, and was completely out of position for the first goal... He may well still turn out to be a decent player, but he needs to be subbed off immediately...
KMitch
KMitch

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:44 pm

That look on Roy Keanes face in the dugout... I'd hate to be on the receiving end of his half time talk...
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:51 pm

KMitch wrote:Sanchez is completely off pace...  Can't pass, spends way too long receiving the ball, and was completely out of position for the first goal...  He may well still turn out to be a decent player, but he needs to be subbed off immediately...

yep he's really struggling out there. can see why he hasn't started yet. could see Bacuna on for him at HT perhaps. Clark struggling too.

Horrible collapse after a pretty good first half hour. Hard to read this team, but hopefully that won't shake confidence too much. esp as we've obviously got some excuse with the virus & missing Vlaar/Baker.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Football is so...so cruel!

But hey, Lambert is celebrating his new contract in the best way he could, a hammering at home Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I would take a 2-3 defeat now, if we just have a go this second half.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Agree about Sanchez. Miles off the pace and looks like the ball is constantly stuck under his feet.

Clark at fault for one of the goals (typical) although to be fair, we are all at sea for much of the first half. So sick of this sub-30% possession football. Especially at home.

And you'll never convince me Mesut Özil isn't a heroin addict. He constantly looks like he needs his next hit.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Last time we won at Anfield, we lost the next game 8 nil to Chelsea :pale:
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Yep, Clark completely went to sleep for Welbeck's goal - had Vlaar been fit and playing instead that never would have been a goal. Still, we always do badly in this fixture - last time we beat Arsenal at our place in the league was in 1998!!
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Clark is a fucking nuisance. He did ok for a few minutes, missed his chance on goal and then went to sleep like he usually does, the dozy sugarbag. Quite what the fuck Lambert and Keane see in this bloke I'll never know.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm

c'mon Jack. just need you to make 4 goals. no pressure :)
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm

switters wrote:Last time we won at Anfield, we lost the next game 8 nil to Chelsea :pale:

just checked wiki/bbc
that game, we was 3-0 down after 34 mins.
we was 3-0 down at half time.

im scared!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20745787
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:05 pm

We need a cracking second half. I'm sure stranger things have happened but I can't think of anything right now.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:07 pm

need to get Grealish running at Chambers as often as possible. he has a knack for drawing yellow cards.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 pm

A stomach virus has affected the team, so it's possible that some of our players on the pitch are feeling unwell. Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 50815218
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Sanchez has been really poor today

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:A stomach virus has affected the team, so it's possible that some of our players on the pitch are feeling unwell. Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 50815218

Yeah, Baker and Westwood couldn't play because of it.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 pm

switters wrote:need to get Grealish running at Chambers as often as possible. he has a knack for drawing yellow cards.

close. one more of them and he'll be gone.
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Chambers was lucky to stay on the pitch just, got caught pulling Grealish back, the ref had a stern word with Chambers. Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 5 3363484586
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Live chat room depressing place this afternoon

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Look on the bright side - as the Swansea-Southampton score stands, we stay second in the table despite this defeat! Scarf Waving

CORRECTION: Sorry - Southampton go above us as it stands, so we go 3rd. Silly me.
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Poor afternoon - can't miss the sort of chance clark did at this level.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Well with a virus going around and losing Westwood, Baker and co just before KO this was always gonna be a grey day.. Fffing typical Villa that.. off to our best start in 16 years and a dodgy virus ruins everything!..

Sanchez looks very poor to me but early days obviously and someone said Weimann threw up when he went off is that true?... What a complete shambles..SACK THE CHEF!!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Guzan: 5 - can't blame him for the goals as he was left exposed. Utterly shit distribution though. Again.

Hutton: 6 - fairly sound game.

Cissokho: 5 - fair.

Senderos: 6 - not his fault he's had to make up for dozy sugarbags around him.

Clark: 2 - a dozy sugarbag. Asleep from start to finish. The other defenders at the club must be complete shit.

Richardson: 6 - not his usual high standard.

Cleverley: 5 - anonymous.

Delph: 7 - best Villa player.

Sanchez: 2 - a dozy sugarbag. I dunno how he got to play in the World Cup. Needs to wake the fuck up.

Gabby: 7 - seemed up for it. Fair play to the lad. Let down by the others.

Weimann: 3 - a dozy sugarbag. Offers fuck all.

Grealish: 7 - lively but knew it was pointless.

N'Zog: 5 - so so.

Lambert: 0 - a dozy sugarbag. At home against a tired and struggling arsenal side, he puts out a negative team with negative instructions. Yes, we could (and should) have been a goal or two up early doors. But we weren't. It took him 85 minutes to realise Sanchez was shit. Grealish and N'Zog should have started and had a real go at Arsenal. With them having no spare defenders, it's likely with an attacking, speedy line-up that they'd be on early yellow cards and unable to tackle. Gabby would have had a field day.

But yet again we see sub 30% possession but this time at home.

In his defence the team seemed to be suffering a mass virus of sorts and we sorely missed Westwood. But to use Clark and to hang on to Sanchez for more than 30 minutes was poor decision making.

Lambert has shown his true colours: when he's behind, he has no clue what to do. Even if Arsenal scored just the one rather than 3 in as many minutes, I'd have not given us any hope. As soon as that first goal went in, I knew we were fucked as this dozy sugarbag has no plan B. Never has.

Still, 4 more years of his shit, eh?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by roba19 Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Mods - please change the scrolling news bar at the top of the home page! The one that says 'a misfiring Arsenal up next'; thank f*^k it wasn't a 'firing Arsenal up next' eh?
Sad
roba19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next