The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

+38
Dek of Villa
Sensitive Sid
pcfbavfcoman
heystally!
USVillan
The Utterer
switters
KMitch
danclare82
thegaffer6
UnclePanda
DomAVFC
Jo64
roba19
Olof Mellberg
Jae1411
Staffslion
AVit
kimbo
whiteensign
mefromhere
Green Villan
Wigteke
WendyOz
Kakacroom
mickeywya
Fpuppys
CTVillan
Dions_Bald_Head
Hornso
VTID85
My Old Man
villashrew
Thinman
villabromsgrove
Southern Villan
Trotters
Villa_Dan
42 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How will we do against Arsenal

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 21 ]
Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 47

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by VillaBill Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Just looked at our past records against Arsenal @ VP, last win was in '98, wasn't that the day the parachutist fell off the roof & we came back from 0-2 down thanks to the mighty Dion ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Benteke tweeted this on Sunday night

https://twitter.com/bentekechris20/status/511080915926540288

Lambert and doogan both said he returned to light training on Monday - no doubt he been at the training ground previously building strength but  he is not yet in full training as said by lambert the club will be cantu pious with him and not rush things - October is fine , the team is doing well.

Lambert said this on Monday -

Manager Paul Lambert is remaining cautious, however, insisting that the club won’t be rushing him back, despite the encouraging signs.

‘I’m delighted with the efforts of the medical team here at Villa for working incredibly hard with Christian to get him back to fitness so quickly,’ he told the club’s official website.

‘Christian trained today, though it was a light session. Hopefully, with no effects from that, he’ll train again tomorrow with the group.

‘Obviously, we’ll be monitoring his fitness and we’ll continue to build him up towards a return to the team.’

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Well they aint training today and before anybody asks "How do you know that ?" forget it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Win for us and if things go well this week expect Benteke to come off the bench with 20-30 mins to go. Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 50815218
Benteke has done 1day of light training , still weeks away from the first team mate .

He'll be shockingly unfit and wouldn't last 20 mins. Yet is in better shape now having done fuck all for months than I'll ever be. Or have ever been.

Might be my penchant for Pringles.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Ya need a salsa dip though Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 1715320296

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Arsenal fans can REALLY start to worry after Aston Villa.

It is still early days in the season for Arsenal, but unless the Gunners start to get into gear, like starting at Aston Villa this weekend, then the fans really can start to worry. If we don’t somehow produce a match winning performance at Villa Park then it will have been a truly awful start to the season.

Just one win grabbed in the last minute in the opening day against Crystal Palace will see Arsenal way off the pace and playing catch up already and we do not look like a team that is going to catch a cold at the moment. The fight and determination that we showed against Everton, Leicester and Man City was encouraging but we could have lost all three.

We are badly missing that sharp attacking play that saw us blow most of the lower teams away last season, confidence is low and we face a trip to a buoyant and well rested Villa after a tiring away night in Germany. However, Arsenal have shown many times in recent years that we can bounce back from a poor game or bad run of results, so I am not writing us off just yet.

This time next week the Gunners could be out of the league cup and facing Tottenham, Galatasaray and Chelsea in the next three games and the season could be heading down the toilet before it has got going. So come on Arsenal, pull your bloody socks up!!
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Best odds on us to win 1-0 are 11-1, to win is 100-30 but win 2-1 is 40-1 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 pm

I have some worries.

1) Arsenal haven't won since the opening day;
2) We like to help people out when they are struggling and this just feels made for Welbeck to score;
3) Us, go 5 unbeaten in the league? Us, win 3 on the trot? Seems like it's been a while since things like that happened.

Strangely when I just look at the game, taking into account their own injuries, how teams have shown that if you get at them you can hurt them and we have the players to do it, and the fact that they played in Europe, gives me hope.

But the law of averages might be a bitch here.

Still, I voted for win... Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 pm

kimbo wrote:I have some worries.

1) Arsenal haven't won since the opening day;
2) We like to help people out when they are struggling and this just feels made for Welbeck to score;
3) Us, go 5 unbeaten in the league? Us, win 3 on the trot? Seems like it's been a while since things like that happened.

Strangely when I just look at the game, taking into account their own injuries, how teams have shown that if you get at them you can hurt them and we have the players to do it, and the fact that they played in Europe, gives me hope.

But the law of averages might be a bitch here.

Still, I voted for win... Laughing
Take the 2-1 Villa at 40-1 dude. That will make you feel more positive. Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 238524133

Back to top Go down

Post by AVit Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Where've you seen 2-1 at 40/1?

Fancied a go but can't find it that big. Unless its because Arsenal were crap the other night and the odds have been cut.
AVit

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

AVit wrote:Where've you seen 2-1 at 40/1?

Fancied a go but can't find it that big. Unless its because Arsenal were crap the other night and the odds have been cut.
Sky bet mate, gone down to 12-1 now
http://www.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/16987319?aff_id=9949&dcmp=ss_fb_match_betting_page
3-1 is now 40-1

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 pm

16's is the best for anyone going for the 2-1, with Coral & BetVictor

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-arsenal/correct-score

Can get 16's on us to beat Chelsea... I guess there is a reason why but still... 16's!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-aston-villa/winner

People might want to get on the 5000/1 at Coral before we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Citeh Laughing

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:15 pm

I would not bet with coral or victor.

Last edited by Green Villan on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:18 pm

kimbo wrote:16's is the best for anyone going for the 2-1, with Coral & BetVictor

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-arsenal/correct-score

Can get 16's on us to beat Chelsea... I guess there is a reason why but still... 16's!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-aston-villa/winner

People might want to get on the 5000/1 at Coral before we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Citeh Laughing

I am getting on that one tomorrow matey. Bloody hell, i want some of that Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Green Villan wrote:I'd rather not put a bet on than use coral or Russell Brand want to be bet.

I like their shops but their site is awful. However sometimes I just follow the value.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
kimbo wrote:16's is the best for anyone going for the 2-1, with Coral & BetVictor

I am getting on that one tomorrow matey. Bloody hell, i want some of that Very Happy

Imagine having that 5000/1 each way and we came 4th, that would be horrible! (though brilliant for Villa obviously! Laughing )
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:35 pm

kimbo wrote:
Green Villan wrote:I'd rather not put a bet on than use coral or Russell Brand want to be bet.

I like their shops but their site is awful. However sometimes I just follow the value.

Can't fault you bud :)
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Never bet on the Villa, it always ends in tears :evil:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 am

My Old Man wrote:Never bet on the Villa, it always ends in tears :evil:
Not for me so far mate, 350 euros up on Villa so far. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:26 am

Eastie wrote:Lambert and doogan confirmed benteke had started light training on Monday - would expect him in full training in maybe 2 weeks and then he needs to build up match fitness - I'd hope he may figure early October , possibly 3 weeks if all goes well.
Outide chance of making bench for man city on oct 4 but more likely will be everton after the international break on oct 18th .

He looked fit today and is back in full training. Delph said it was great to have the beast of Bodymoor back and that he was looking sharp. So who knows where he is at fitness wise but thee reports are that he is fully fit and healthy and raring to go.
villashrew
villashrew

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:41 am

villashrew wrote:
Eastie wrote:Lambert and doogan confirmed benteke had started light training on Monday - would expect him in full training in maybe 2 weeks and then he needs to build up match fitness - I'd hope he may figure early October , possibly 3 weeks if all goes well.
Outide chance of making bench for man city on oct 4 but more likely will be everton after the international break on oct 18th .

He looked fit today and is back in full training. Delph said it was great to have the beast of Bodymoor back and that he was looking sharp. So who knows where he is at fitness wise but thee reports are that he is fully fit and healthy and raring to go.
That's what i heard mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffslion Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 am

Would happily take a draw to keep our momentum going.

2-2
Staffslion

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:17 pm

Staffslion wrote:Would happily take a draw to keep our momentum going.

2-2
Morning fella. You know you and yours will roar us onto victory from the Holte Scarf Waving

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:19 pm

They will try and win this early due to tiredness setting in and pressure from their "fans", so i hope we dont come out guns blazing and our fans show some patience and keep behind the lads.

Most of the first half will be about us staying solid and trying to hit them on the break due to the space they will leave behind. Second half we can open up a little more.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:23 pm

My Old Man wrote:They will try and win this early due to tiredness setting in and pressure from their "fans", so i hope we dont come out guns blazing and our fans show some patience and keep behind the lads.

Most of the first half will be about us staying solid and trying to hit them on the break due to the space they will leave behind. Second half we can open up a little more.

Agreed, we need to frustrate them and let the tension and media/fan pressure start ramping up before we take it to them.

That or bang a goal in straight from kick off and then watch their collective souls break
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Aston Villa v Arsenal all in one thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next