The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm.

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Can Villa lift the FA Cup?

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_lcap53%ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 19 ]
ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_lcap17%ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_lcap3%ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_lcap27%ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 36

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. Empty ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm.

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon May 25, 2015 12:11 pm

I got goosebumps typing the topic heading!

This is it guys, this is the big one. More than half a billion people will watch the famous Claret and Blue worldwide on Saturday, oh and a bit of the Arsenal as well. It's 58 years since we last won the FA Cup by beating Man U to win in 1957. It's 15 years since we turned up at Wembley with a John Gregory team complete with 7 defenders who proceeded to lose to an almost equally defensive Chelsea 1-0 in what was a dour and disappointing game.

Now it's 2015 and Villa have a chance to take the scintillating football that we played against Liverpool in the semi final back to Wembley stadium. The last two league matches have been a frustrating but perhaps understandable dip in the form of the Sherwood 'machine' given that this match was looming large in our players thoughts. Can we reach for the heights, can we deal with an Arsenal team that's just run into electric form?

I hope we play well this weekend whatever the result. Villa fans deserve something to cheer about after the rigours of the last 4/5 seasons. One thing that may work in our favour is that after our last couple of results we have returned to being the obvious underdogs, will that make Arsenal over confident? Can we dare to dream that we'll lift the Cup?  What do you think guys?
villabromsgrove

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 4_star10

Back to top Go down

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. Empty Re: ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm.

Post by VillaBill on Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Heart says 2-1, head says 1-3 !

Arsenal will attack us which should make for an open game, which in turn should provide us with some chances , we obviously need to take them !

2-1 Villa , its our turn , make it happen guys ! Scarf Waving
VillaBill
VillaBill

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 2_star10

Back to top Go down

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. Empty Re: ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm.

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm predicting 3-2 Villa. I have to believe we can do it! cheers
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon May 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Villa win by a goal. We can do this, Paul Lambert managed to beat Arsenal for fucks sake!!

I have faith that this type of game can be won by anyone on the day
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Mon May 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Keep it tight and I am convinced we have the firepower to win this - the longer we can keep it 0-0 the more hopeful I become.
Hope Baker gets the nod over Okore. Would also like to see Guzan, Hutton, and Ally in defence - although thats odds against...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Mon May 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I expect us to be much better on Saturday and I've already forgiven the last two games on that basis. So if they're not... *shakes fist in threatening manner*
kimbo
kimbo

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 on Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I've sat and watched both Play Off finals so far this weekend and felt gutted for the Wycombe & Swindon fans at Wembley and hope I'm not feeling like that Saturday, heart says Villa win but head says 100% Arsenal win, as long as we close down quickly and keep quiet the likes of Sanchez, Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey and cut out any stupid defensive mistakes then we give ourselves a chance, this famous club is also in the shop window for potential buyers Saturday and a good performance and a win could work wonders for us, UTV...
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Mon May 25, 2015 2:43 pm

@Leafs1201 wrote:I've sat and watched both Play Off finals so far this weekend and felt gutted for the Wycombe & Swindon fans at Wembley and hope I'm not feeling like that Saturday, heart says Villa win but head says 100% Arsenal win, as long as we close down quickly and keep quiet the likes of Sanchez, Cazorla, Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey and cut out any stupid defensive mistakes then we give ourselves a chance, this famous club is also in the shop window for potential buyers Saturday and a good performance and a win could work wonders for us, UTV...
You've made me nervous now Leafs. :pale:
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Mon May 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I was quite confident that we would actually turn up in the Final but the last two pants performances has dulled my enthusiasm if i'm honest and i now can't see anything other than a public humiliation in front of a gleeful media and watching millions from all over the Globe.

So i really hope these players find it within themselves to avoid publicly embarrassing us all first and foremost.

Then of course i would be absolutely elated if we somehow won the Cup for the first time in 58 years!

My forcast? 0-5

This sadly is partly because i don't see how we can keep Arsenal at bay with our revolving door defense and treatment room, partly because i fear Tim Sherwood will go all out attack leaving us in a Southampton away scenario and likely partly because of the subconcious damage to my belief system after years of Villa batting collapses against teams like this.

The main reason though has to be that i predicted us to beat Burnley which was the 1st time i had felt confident enough to predict a Villa win in 3 seasons and look what happened there! So hopefully utter pessimism will have the adverse effect! Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon May 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Depends which Villa team turns up. Bash
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 on Mon May 25, 2015 8:44 pm

It's the week of the FA Cup Final and our very own Evening Mail runs a headline, "Is Now The Time For Benteke's Exit?"

Surely the time has come for all Villa fans to boycot this rag. Don't just not buy it, but don't click on any of their garbage articles. No local paper on the planet would be publishing such negative anti club bile, particularly just before a major final.

I hope the club also take note and treat the rag as a hostile institution. I'm appalled by them and not for the first time.

We'll stick it up them, the BBC and the rest of the media low life at Wembley next Saturday. COME ON THE MIGHTY VILLA! FIGHT LIKE LIONS!!!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian on Mon May 25, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm very tempted to put money on it going to Penalties. Benteke to get a brace making it 51 goals in 101 games for us and Sherwood to make a few surprise inclusions of some of the players he's been leaving out recently (I hope).

The XI I want to play:

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore (If Fit), Cissokho, Cleverly, Westwood, Delph, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Benteke  

Subs: Steer, Baker, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gil, Robinson, Sinclair

2-2 after 90 Mins (Benteke x2, Walcott & Sanchez)

Guzan being the penalty hero again? A man can dream can't he?
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon May 25, 2015 10:45 pm

I don't think my heart could handle penalties. I always died watching the penalty against the Baggies
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Mon May 25, 2015 10:53 pm

@The Utterer wrote:I was quite confident that we would actually turn up in the Final but the last two pants performances has dulled my enthusiasm if i'm honest and i now can't see anything other than a public humiliation in front of a gleeful media and watching millions from all over the Globe.

So i really hope these players find it within themselves to avoid publicly embarrassing us all first and foremost.

Then of course i would be absolutely elated if we somehow won the Cup for the first time in 58 years!

My forcast? 0-5

This sadly is partly because i don't see how we can keep Arsenal at bay with our revolving door defense and treatment room, partly because i fear Tim Sherwood will go all out attack  leaving us in a Southampton away scenario and likely partly because of the subconcious damage to my belief system after years of Villa batting collapses against teams like this.

The main reason though has to be that i predicted us to beat Burnley which was the 1st time i had felt confident enough to predict a Villa win in 3 seasons and look what happened there! So hopefully utter pessimism will have the adverse effect! Laughing

100% agree here....I fear we will be humiliated. Instead of using 2 dead rubbers to drill our back four, Sherwood has been a prick with ridiculous team selections. We will pay a dear price on Saturday.
I will be there, enjoying the occasions....but will not be hoodwinked by the hype.
If Gabby is announced in that starting XI I may well sell my ticket outside the ground.....or may just back Arsenal to win by 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0

Anyone getting carried away with us beating a shit Liverpool team...see their results since then!!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 pm

@DaveAV1 wrote:It's the week of the FA Cup Final and our very own Evening Mail runs a headline, "Is Now The Time For Benteke's Exit?"

Surely the time has come for all Villa fans to boycot this rag. Don't just not buy it, but don't click on any of their garbage articles. No local paper on the planet would be publishing such negative anti club bile, particularly just before a major final.

I hope the club also take note and treat the rag as a hostile institution. I'm appalled by them and not for the first time.

We'll stick it up them, the BBC and the rest of the media low life at Wembley next Saturday. COME ON THE MIGHTY VILLA! FIGHT LIKE LIONS!!!!

They are only stating fact.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 on Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 am

Scarf Waving I’m confident of getting a result.

As long as the correct tactics are implemented we could destroy them on the counter, in addition to that the players also need to be hungry enough to lift the F.A Cup round Aston it will happen.

UTV come on you villans !!!!!!!!!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic on Tue May 26, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm very nervous and just hope we don't get a spanking. I wish we would win, of course, but I'm severely lacking in confidence.

Not going to happen, but I'd like to see Gil in for N'Zogbia and Benteke fired up so that he destroys the Gooners. We have a very up and down record against them, let's hope Saturday is a good day at the office.
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Wed May 27, 2015 12:21 pm

The gloom and negativity that filled me as I left Villa Park on Sunday is starting to lift now....on paper we have little to no chance.....but maybe, just maybe it's our year.

Drawn at home in every round....scoring every goal at The Holte End...coming from behind to beat the scruffs at Wembley.....just never know what can happen on the day.

Jack Grealish first scorer is around 20/1 I think.,....would there be a more poetic script than that?

It's what dreams are made of mamma!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC on Wed May 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Really excited for Saturday! Going to be watching it with a friend who's an Arsenal fan so it could be interesting!

Unfortunately, the FA are trying their best to mess it up for us already by trying to ban one of our fan-funded surfer banners, which actually meets their size and health and safety requirements! Please sign this petition to show support for our fans who want to take it to Wembley and show our club to the world:

https://www.change.org/p/football-association-wembley-stadium-allow-banned-supporter-funded-flag-into-the-fa-cup-final

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Wed May 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Very special tribute being done for the players from BMH staff tomorrow for the FA Cup Final. Photos will be posted tomorrow afternoon. UTV
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove on Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:Very special tribute being done for the players from BMH staff tomorrow for the FA Cup Final. Photos will be posted tomorrow afternoon. UTV
ASTON VILLA Vs ARSENAL : FA Cup Final : Saturday 30th May 5:30pm. 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav on Wed May 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Grealish scores the winner.
Trust me I'm ITK Dancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing Banana
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere on Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

We go into the game on the back of two awful results against c team of superstars in their city with realistically absolutely no chance on paper of a result ...
So I'm fully expecting Tim to whip the lads into a frenzy and the fans to be on top form as always and a tactical masterstroke from Sherwood to lead us to victory. Don't be surprised to see a few unexpected in the team as I can't see us being anywhere near the team that played the last two games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gil on the bench Or even starting in the second number 10 role alongside grealish with Delph and leaving Westwood and Sanchez both to play it defensive against the Arsenal fluid attacking line.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo on Thu May 28, 2015 12:21 am

@mefromhere wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Gil on the bench Or even starting in the second number 10 role alongside grealish with Delph and leaving Westwood and Sanchez both to play it defensive against the Arsenal fluid attacking line.
I would be beyond flabbergasted. I'd be astonished enough if he was on the bench. I genuinely can't find a word - I have honestly just done a thesaurus search! - that would describe strongly enough just how stunned I'd be if Gil started  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 on Thu May 28, 2015 10:00 am

@kimbo wrote:
@mefromhere wrote:
I would be beyond flabbergasted. I'd be astonished enough if he was on the bench. I genuinely can't find a word - I have honestly just done a thesaurus search! - that would describe strongly enough just how stunned I'd be if Gil started  :)

Me too...I thought he's actually returned to Spain already?

I saw him leaving Villa Park before the game against Wet Spam....this was around 2pm....he was outside the Aston Social in his car, his passenger looked to be asking directions.

Has he been in any recent training ground shots?

Was he on pitch Sunday after game?...I left in disgust and never stayed to watch!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum