The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Dek of Villa wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think I have been doing my wife's head, I have been on SSN every day, waiting for "breaking news from Villa Park". I have been on talk sport listening to hours of adverts just for a glimmer of hope. I think we all need this takeover to happen.

Chris,

It will happen one day, and all the stress and anxiety won't make it happen any quicker so as chill my friend Laughing

In fact, depending on whom Lerner has sold us to, it may well add to the stress and anxiety Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1420239857
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Kaz wrote:
Kaz wrote:this takeover still happening? awfully quiet...

Would have thought the media would be on top something this big though.

We shall see.

With most other clubs and owners, i agree. This is Randy Lerner and, Villa are not run like most other clubs. Everyone employed are Lerner men,people hes known and trusted for years, well before he bought us. Its a very tight ship with the only person whom knows anything is Lerner himself and he shuns the media.

One broad sheet has maintained that we are being bought out by Arison and has stood by it..Telegraph i think. And thats backed with Arison selling shares to the sum of 300 Million at the same time all this has been going on, and is roughly whats needed to buy us and run us.

The window has dashed my hopes somewhat, but there may be reasons why, such as Viva mentioned about Lambert maybe wont be manager?

You old rat - you only mentioned it as you want this Dancing Banana

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think I have been doing my wife's head, I have been on SSN every day, waiting for "breaking news from Villa Park". I have been on talk sport listening to hours of adverts just for a glimmer of hope. I think we all need this takeover to happen.

Skysport and talksport  are not exactly the place to be for breaking villa news :)

this is the place to be, if it happens my first child is going to be called PDC.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Kaz wrote:
Kaz wrote:this takeover still happening? awfully quiet...

We shall see.

With most other clubs and owners, i agree. This is Randy Lerner and, Villa are not run like most other clubs. Everyone employed are Lerner men,people hes known and trusted for years, well before he bought us. Its a very tight ship with the only person whom knows anything is Lerner himself and he shuns the media.

One broad sheet has maintained that we are being bought out by Arison and has stood by it..Telegraph i think. And thats backed with Arison selling shares to the sum of 300 Million at the same time all this has been going on, and is roughly whats needed to buy us and run us.

The window has dashed my hopes somewhat, but there may be reasons why, such as Viva mentioned about Lambert maybe wont be manager?

You old rat - you only mentioned it as you want this Dancing Banana

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

Hehe...i can just imagine your monitor steaming up!

My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Ipad dirty den , ipad Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:07 pm

[quote="Eastie"][quote="Kaz"][quote="Kaz"]this takeover still happening? awfully quiet...[/quote]

We shall see.[/quote]

It may be big in the West Midlands but outside this area most press couldn't give a toss about villa - due to nda agreements things will obviously be confidential and if the mail did get a sniff they would not want to alienate the club - more than likely to have exclusive access when it breaks.

Even those in the inner sanctum have not been given a name .
People are quick to doubt and PDC has recieved stick already but we have had 2 other sources come forward in recent days from from inside the club and both saying exactly the same thing as PDC source did .[/quote]

I and everyone who is a villa fan prays its correct information. No idea about who it could be or are you guys just keeping it under wraps?
Kaz

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:08 pm

I reckon Arison but that's just conjecture.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:09 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Dek of Villa wrote:

Chris,

It will happen one day, and all the stress and anxiety won't make it happen any quicker so as chill my friend Laughing

In fact, depending on whom Lerner has sold us to, it may well add to the stress and anxiety Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1420239857

That's why I first said a " new and financially committed new owner"

Anything else and I will be shit-scared and all my calmness will have disappeared!

In fact whilst it couldn't happen to a better club or supporters, nevertheless, what finally transpired at the Sty was shocking and anything like will have me worried for sure!........Still funny though to see the filth so upset Laughing
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:09 pm

I will be totally honest kaz - three sources we have heard from all inside the club  have all been said exactly the same regarding the club being sold but no name has been mentioned .

I think Fox 's arrival will be very interesting next week and we will see what he has to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Eastie, I didn't know that 3 sources had all said the same.....why didn't you say so? I can now relax lol.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:18 pm

The ego heard from someone and somebody contacted me - both totally different sources but both inside the club - the information tied in with PDC source .

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Eastie wrote:The ego heard from someone and somebody contacted me - both totally different sources but both inside the club - the information tied in with PDC source .

Without naming names, can you inform us of what was said? You've possibly already told us, but there's an awful lot of pages to find it!
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:51 pm

avfcjoe wrote:
Eastie wrote:The ego heard from someone and somebody contacted me - both totally different sources but both inside the club - the information tied in with PDC source .

Without naming names, can you inform us of what was said? You've possibly already told us, but there's an awful lot of pages to find it!

That a deal is agreed and will be announced sometime in September, that vague I'm afraid. It would be foolish to emblelish stuff to give a more interesting answer. No names, no definite date, is all I have to go with. I'm going to guess at sometime in the next week to 10 days if anything is to happen. I heard that Fox starts Monday and that appears to be correct, so let's see what he has to say. As I've said before, with any info the dilemma is whether to say something or not.

My view is as long as you're clear in what've you've heard and you and don't BS people then you should always pass stuff on to fellow fans unless you've specifically been told not too. Why wouldn't you?! We just have to hope it's true now and that it will mean great things for Aston Villa and us fans Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm

if we can get a picture of a certain celeb covered in Morphs love juice then any chance someone can hack VB's PM'S , Then we could have some fun with what the MODS know that we don't Very Happy
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi De Kuip did you see there face and now your a believer Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1420239857 I'll get my coat
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:if we can get a picture of a certain celeb covered in Morphs love juice then any chance someone can hack VB's PM'S , Then we could have some fun with what the MODS know that we don't Very Happy
Espionage, espionage i tell ya Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1015550615 Suspect Suspect Suspect Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 pm

I know there is this whole, "The media would know" theory and I can definitely see why people think that, but to be honest I knew nothing about Man City until it happened (literally the very day) and Chelsea was pretty similar, maybe slightly earlier.

Now, maybe that is because I couldn't give a flying fuck about either club and is more to do with my ignorance than lack of what was in the media, but from my memory neither takeover was particularly in the media until things were ready to be announced. Apologies if I am wrong, alcohol and, um, other things, have killed far too many brain cells, but that is certainly how I remember it.

Furthermore, even when we are taken over, I think we are that uninteresting to many people (even when we've been a bloody good side, the Manc/Scouse/London bias has been evident) that it will only really be major news if the new owner is a proper game changer. To be honest the biggest aid for publicity should it happen before January will be that it's NOT during a transfer window, so it will give SSN something to talk about.

Plus as has been alluded to, we're not on the stock exchange like when Lerner bought us, so his desire to do business in private (look at how quietly a lot of our transfers are done and that is with gobby agents involved) means he has a lot more control over what comes out than if we were a public company.

So while I can absolutely 100% understand the thinking that lack of media news is a sign that nothing is happening, at the same time it isn't a big concern for me as far as I can see.
kimbo
kimbo

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:if we can get a picture of a certain celeb covered in Morphs love juice then any chance someone can hack VB's PM'S , Then we could have some fun with what the MODS know that we don't Very Happy

Mod pm messages are programmed to detonate 30 seconds after being read Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Eastie wrote:

Mod pm messages are programmed to detonate 30 seconds after being read Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 498107619
My arse detonated 30 seconds after I read that one! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1715320296 :moon:
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 pm

kimbo wrote:I know there is this whole, "The media would know" theory and I can definitely see why people think that, but to be honest I knew nothing about Man City until it happened (literally the very day) and Chelsea was pretty similar, maybe slightly earlier.

Now, maybe that is because I couldn't give a flying fuck about either club and is more to do with my ignorance than lack of what was in the media, but from my memory neither takeover was particularly in the media until things were ready to be announced. Apologies if I am wrong, alcohol and, um, other things, have killed far too many brain cells, but that is certainly how I remember it.

Furthermore, even when we are taken over, I think we are that uninteresting to many people (even when we've been a bloody good side, the Manc/Scouse/London bias has been evident) that it will only really be major news if the new owner is a proper game changer. To be honest the biggest aid for publicity should it happen before January will be that it's NOT during a transfer window, so it will give SSN something to talk about.

Plus as has been alluded to, we're not on the stock exchange like when Lerner bought us, so his desire to do business in private (look at how quietly a lot of our transfers are done and that is with gobby agents involved) means he has a lot more control over what comes out than if we were a public company.

So while I can absolutely 100% understand the thinking that lack of media news is a sign that nothing is happening, at the same time it isn't a big concern for me as far as I can see.

same with Chelsea,the Russian mafia man was talking to Chelsea for 18 months, then one morning it was announced

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Eastie wrote:

My arse detonated 30 seconds after I read that one! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1715320296 :moon:
The fart thread ressurected at last

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Eastie wrote:

I myself did indeed detonate 30 seconds after some of Kate uptons pictures Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1662365926
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:40 pm

kimbo wrote:I know there is this whole, "The media would know" theory and I can definitely see why people think that, but to be honest I knew nothing about Man City until it happened (literally the very day) and Chelsea was pretty similar, maybe slightly earlier.

Same here. I just had a quick google and can't find articles on City's takeover except for one from August 2008 suggesting Thakshin might have to sell up after being convicted, the 1st September BANG! City bought by crazy Sheik.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Coseley Villa wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I myself did indeed detonate 30 seconds after some of Kate uptons pictures Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 38 1662365926

I'm not sure if "you're welcome" is the correct response to this?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:42 pm

If it does happen, how long do you think they will give lambert? I think he will be given until January.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next