The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 pm

I still think its strange about all the quiet around tom fox and also the uncertain start date If he were to be unveiled and there is no new owners (which may well be the case) he will get hammered with questions from the media, like " why have you come to a club that might be sold and they could have their own ceo and you will be out" etc etc also, randy (I don't think) has said fock all about a person HE has brought in, could this be the fact that randy said he wont address us again until we are sold???

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 pm

In fact just to add I don't think I've ever seen an owner keener to sell up and go - his recent statements made quite clear he no longer has the interest or desire to remain at villa - almost desperation to sell .

I have no doubt the next time we hear from randy will be to say a deal is concluded and wave his goodbyes and I believe that time is almost upon us .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:Plus, when we do have 60k in at VP as opposed to the 28k, just think how much pleasure it will provide for away fans to sing at us "Where were you when you were shit......." and 28 thousand of you can reply "here you w*nkers, bloody well here" and the rest of us part timers can suddenly spot something really important on the back page of the programme that needs looking at.............................. Very Happy

fockin brilliant matey, love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Kaz wrote:this takeover still happening? awfully quiet...

Would have thought the media would be on top something this big though.

We shall see.
Kaz

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 pm

I have been following the site and have finally decided to post. I am very much of the opinion that we will not be taken over in September. I would have expected the media to have picked up on it now, it's very hard to keep this sort of thing quiet. I have seen to evidence that suggests that it will happen.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Eastie wrote:It would appear HH was wrong with his info that fox starts on Friday 12th , we have it on good authority it will be Monday 8th sept - bring it on !

Are you sure as not having a go but you said he was 100% at villa on Tuesday!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Tom fox was at BMH on deadline day - 100% certain !
And it was Monday not Tuesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Eastie wrote:In fact just to add I don't think I've ever seen an owner keener to sell up and go - his recent statements made quite clear he no longer has the interest or desire to remain at villa - almost desperation to sell .

I have no doubt the next time we hear from randy will be to say a deal is concluded and wave his goodbyes and I believe that time is almost upon us .

I hope so matey, like may have said, sumet is brewing and there is a different feel and buzz around the place

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Kaz wrote:

We shall see.

It may be big in the West Midlands but outside this area most press couldn't give a toss about villa - due to nda agreements things will obviously be confidential and if the mail did get a sniff they would not want to alienate the club - more than likely to have exclusive access when it breaks.

Even those in the inner sanctum have not been given a name .
People are quick to doubt and PDC has recieved stick already but we have had 2 other sources come forward in recent days from from inside the club and both saying exactly the same thing as PDC source did .

Last edited by Eastie on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:28 pm

My biggest problem is that if we have been sold, why would the new owner wait until after the transfer window? Surely his first job would be to make sure that we stay in the PL, thus investing in the team. It is way to quiet to think that a takeover will happen.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:My biggest problem is that if we have been sold, why would the new owner wait until after the transfer window? Surely his first job would be to make sure that we stay in the PL, thus investing in the team. It is way to quiet to think that a takeover will happen.

It has to be quiet due to non disclosure agreements on both sides - these things aren't played out in public - we are talking about almost £180m .
When the time is right I have no doubt an announcement will be made and it will very soon in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Chrissylee - welcome to TBAR by the way and delighted you have decided to post.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:My biggest problem is that if we have been sold, why would the new owner wait until after the transfer window? Surely his first job would be to make sure that we stay in the PL, thus investing in the team. It is way to quiet to think that a takeover will happen.

Hi Chrissy - welcome! Good point you make and TBH I think at the end of the day you either believe or you don't, without any hard evidence that probably aint gonna change. but me.........................
Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 The%2BMonkees%2B-%2BI%2527m%2BA%2BBeliever[
De Kuip
De Kuip

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Kaz wrote:

We shall see.

With most other clubs and owners, i agree. This is Randy Lerner and, Villa are not run like most other clubs. Everyone employed are Lerner men,people hes known and trusted for years, well before he bought us. Its a very tight ship with the only person whom knows anything is Lerner himself and he shuns the media.

One broad sheet has maintained that we are being bought out by Arison and has stood by it..Telegraph i think. And thats backed with Arison selling shares to the sum of 300 Million at the same time all this has been going on, and is roughly whats needed to buy us and run us.

The window has dashed my hopes somewhat, but there may be reasons why, such as Viva mentioned about Lambert maybe wont be manager?

Last edited by My Old Man on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Eastie wrote:
Kaz wrote:

We shall see.

It may be big in the West Midlands but outside this area most press couldn't give a toss about villa - due to nda agreements things will obviously be confidential and if the mail did get a sniff they would not want to alienate the club - more than likely to have exclusive access when it breaks.

Even those in the inner sanctum have not been given a name .
People are quick to doubt and PDC has recieved stick already but we have had 2 other sources come forward in recent days from from inside the club and both saying exactly the same thing as PDC source did .

love it, excitement starting again bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm

It answers itself Chris. Lambert will not be the manager once the takeover has gone through.

I can not see a new owner with new ideas wanting to keep the manager whom is unpopular with the fans. He will want to carry the support not alienate them Wink
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Whilst I would like to see a new and financially committed owner at Villa Park ASAP.....My gut feeling is nothing will be done until next summer.

However, I have been known to be wrong!
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Dek of Villa wrote:Whilst I would like to see a new and financially committed owner at Villa Park ASAP.....My gut feeling is nothing will be done until next summer.

Lets hope this is one of those occasions dek 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Dek of Villa wrote:Whilst I would like to see a new and financially committed owner at Villa Park ASAP.....My gut feeling is nothing will be done until next summer.

Lets hope this is one of those occasions dek 8)

Sure hope so mate!?
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 pm

I think I have been doing my wife's head, I have been on SSN every day, waiting for "breaking news from Villa Park". I have been on talk sport listening to hours of adverts just for a glimmer of hope. I think we all need this takeover to happen.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think I have been doing my wife's head, I have been on SSN every day, waiting for "breaking news from Villa Park". I have been on talk sport listening to hours of adverts just for a glimmer of hope. I think we all need this takeover to happen.

Skysport and talksport are not exactly the place to be for breaking villa news :)

Last edited by Eastie on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think I have been doing my wife's head, I have been on SSN every day, waiting for "breaking news from Villa Park". I have been on talk sport listening to hours of adverts just for a glimmer of hope. I think we all need this takeover to happen.

Haha, i think you can count most of us in that catagory Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Eastie wrote:

Skysport and talksport  are not exactly the place to be for breaking villa news :)

Dont know about that, i mean that Stan codswallop person knows his stuff. Hear hes a regular on Morphs sex thread Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Olofsbeard Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Gonna go out on a limb here, I really don't think we'll be the relegation fodder the media and pundits think we'll be! If the new owners feel the same, I believe it'd be more risky to sack lambert, (who regardless of tactical inabilities and team selection hasn't done that bad at meeting his criteria of keeping us in the league) than bring someone new in a couple of weeks before transfer window finishes over inflate prices and create instability to the team when we needed to get off to a decent start considering our fixture list.

We have decent depth, quality in places and 6/7 very strong core members (delph/vlaar/benteke/okore/grealish/Sanchez/guzan)

I believe new owners will come in, consolidate, choose a new manager to lead the club, if they need to spend in jan to get over the line they might, next summer will be the most exciting I think.
Olofsbeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Chris,

It will happen one day, and all the stress and anxiety won't make it happen any quicker so chill my friend Laughing
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next