The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:I just had a look at Koeman's record on Wiki. I'm not convinced he's all that to be honest.
I am convinced Lambert isn't.
Clearly not, but why swap one who isn't all that for another of the same standard?

I noticed that Koeman has managed alot in the Netherlands and Portugal. It seems he managed to drag Benfica to a 3rd place finish (I always thought that was a two club league, like Scotland once was), while at Valencia in Spain he managed them to fifteenth, a worse place than Lambert's go Villa to presently, before getting the sack.

Just because we're off the back of an utterly shit result, and Koeman supposedly wants to come, it doesn't make him the right option in my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:I just had a look at Koeman's record on Wiki. I'm not convinced he's all that to be honest.
I am convinced Lambert isn't.
Clearly not, but why swap one who isn't all that for another of the same standard?

I noticed that Koeman has managed alot in the Netherlands and Portugal. It seems he managed to drag Benfica to a 3rd place finish (I always thought that was a two club league, like Scotland once was), while at Valencia in Spain he managed them to fifteenth, a worse place than Lambert's go Villa to presently, before getting the sack.

Just because we're off the back of an utterly shit result, and Koeman supposedly wants to come, it doesn't make him the right option in my eyes.
We definitely need better, but who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

The job he's done at feyenoord has been impressive - won a trophy at Valencia .

Won 3 league titles across Europe too - I'd take him ahead of lambert anyday - we will not attract top top managers at present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:43 pm

In truth, and realistically, I've no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:45 pm

I think most of us thought Lambert was the man, me included. It's just not working out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:I think most of us thought Lambert was the man, me included.  It's just not working out.
Five wins at home, on balance, says you're right.

Would Koeman but an improvement? I'm not convinced. His cup win at Valencia was the Copa del Ray, which I understand is held in low estime out in Spain.

I don't know the solution, but more worryingly, I don't think Lerner knows the solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Chris Harte wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:I think most of us thought Lambert was the man, me included.  It's just not working out.
Five wins at home, on balance, says you're right.

Would Koeman but an improvement? I'm not convinced. His cup win at Valencia was the Copa del Ray, which I understand is held in low estime out in Spain.

I don't know the solution, but more worryingly, I don't think Lerner knows the solution.
I don't think Learner thinks there is a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Just got home from cricket.
To say i am a bit pissed off really is not enough.
I will not say much more tonight, few beers etc.
Not a good start to be honest.
Beaten by a better team on the day and our defense was shocking, infact, bloody awfull.

Good night.
UTV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:17 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Just got home from cricket.
Beaten by a better team on the day and our defense was shocking, infact, bloody awfull.

Good night.
UTV.
I am trying to find a crumb of optimism but can't think of much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 pm

[quote="Holtender1982"]
PDC Lion wrote:Just got home from cricket.

Good night.
UTV.
I am trying to find a crumb of optimism but can't think of much. [/qu
There are no crumbs, just broken biscuits mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by col8 Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:52 pm

I wanted Slaven Bilic as manager when Monny O'Neill went, I bet he would be available for the right price.
col8
col8

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:01 pm

I am only logging in now. That for me is the most disappointing result of a disappointing season.

Utter garbage. What the hell is wrong with us? Fucking depressing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 pm

The problem is bigger than the dugout. The problem for the past four years has been that Aston Villa in its current form, i.e how it is being administered, just does not work.

What are the standards? What are the ambitions?Where is the accountability?

Four seasons ago we were a dynamic outfit climbing back to the top. Now we are making up the numbers and happy with the odd scalp that nobody expects from us. A club like us should aspire to the best, but you can just smell the lethargy around the whole club.

Today was a chance to really go clear but the players didn't look up for it and were out fought and out played on their own turf by mediocre opposition yet again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:13 am

Farrell_10 wrote:The problem is bigger than the dugout. The problem for the past four years has been that Aston Villa in its current form, i.e how it is being administered, just does not work.

Agree. If the manager was the only problem the malaise would be easier to resolve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:44 am

I went to the pub in Brussels, we were 1-0 up.

I came back to this. Fuck the entire thing! arrggghhh!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:20 am

Billy McBingo wrote:
Farrell_10 wrote:The problem is bigger than the dugout. The problem for the past four years has been that Aston Villa in its current form, i.e how it is being administered, just does not work.

Agree. If the manager was the only problem the malaise would be easier to resolve.
Sadly changing owners is more fraught with danger than changing managers would be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 am

Lizard Licker wrote:I went to the pub in Brussels, we were 1-0 up.

I came back to this. Fuck the entire thing! arrggghhh!!!
Went there for a couple of days last year, really nice place to visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:16 am

I think it's a case of the big teams coming out and playing the way they normally do and getting caught out by us (usually on the break). Essentially, their arrogance and underestimation of us was their undoing.

Other teams know they don't have the level of skill to do what teams like Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool do so have to look at how best to nullify us....and that's rather easy!
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:20 am

Holtender1982 wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:

Sadly changing owners is more fraught with danger than changing managers would be.

It's not a change of owner that's needed. He spent too much and now he's trying to get some of that back. That would seem reasonable to most.

But football doesn't work like that. If you try and survive like Villa have been then, sooner or later, you're going to take a fall. I think only blind luck has prevented that in the last few years.

What's needed is a footballing brain on the board. Or brains.

That we had those exact people with the backing of a billionaire was the perfect recipe for success. All of our ducks were in a row, the i's were dotted and the t's crossed. But then the ducks fucked off leaving this board completely blind and they been blind ever since.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 am

Spot on in both posts, Troy.

On the first point, we have no answers to teams who don't leave themselves open to the counter. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if we win at Old Trafford next week or lose to Fulham the following week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:51 am

The "New United" is a very different beast to how they were under purple nose.

It's been said in the media that the Man U players aren't happy that they spend so much time on defensive drills and looking how other teams play - that's not the "United" way. Their way is to dictate the terms on the football pitch.

So if Moyes is eschewing that Man Utd way and is more focused on how to nullify our threat, we're fucked cuz it's a no-brainer even for him.

If Mark Hughes and shitty "crap away record" Stoke can give us a hiding, anyone can.

Fulham will also be fighting like hell and will sense blood in the water and will also want to do the double over us.

I've gone from feeling supremely confident in surviving relegation 24 hours ago to, once again, looking at results below us.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 am

I'm sick of being depressed about football - roll on the cricket season !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:42 am

Eastie wrote:I'm sick of being depressed about football - roll on the cricket season !
Yea, watching England in the 20 20 will be brilliant :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:43 am

I'd rather eat my own anus than watch cricket.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:52 am

I'm not a fan of one day cricket , I like the long game .
Anyway what would an Aussie or an Irishman know about cricket  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum