The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Olofalot Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am

Still waiting. Was this another bullshit false dawn?
Olofalot

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by TheLeftSide Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:05 am

Alpe_DHuez wrote:
USVillan wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Lambert ain't the man for the job. Just look at last season

Look at the shambles our club has been in the boardroom for the past four seasons.  Lambert has fought fire after fire and kept us up.
This for me.

I'm not saying there's not someone out there who could've done what he's done and performed better, given the fanbase less nightmares, had better cup runs, not broken records for awfulness...there well may have been. I can't name anyone, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Lambert took this job knowing what he was being asked to do (when, allegedly, one applicant laughed his way out of the interview) and how tough it was going to be, and he chose to leave Norwich to accept the challenge. Now, when his absentee owner surfaces to tell everyone he wants away, and when his CEO gets fired, and it looks like there's no kind of organization above him, he's chosen to stay when he could've run, too. All you have to do is look at Tony Pulis or Martin O'Neill and how they ran away from their posts to realize what that means.

I know the guy isn't well liked by huge numbers of fans, and he certainly drives you nuts with what he says in public pressers, but he's been asked to do a monumental task under absolutely horrid conditions. The type of renovation he's led--by owner demand--over the past 2 years has resulted in the relegation and disappearance of several other clubs...yet Villa's still in the Premier League.

Lambert might not be the man for the job moving forward...but, since June 2012, this job hasn't been right for a hell of a lot of managers, either.

Most well rounded intelligent post i have seen on this site - well done to you sir!

I agree with the above, USVillan you've summed it up well. I found it strange though as I remembered your name as someone who posted some thoughts that really wound me up. I had to go and check I was reading right.
I take it the comments in the Carlos Sanchez thread were just knee jerk reactions to some rumour the deal had fallen through??

I do hate to backtrack but this shift in descriptions of lambert just astounded me, so I need to ask the question. What I'm trying to understand is how we all operate as fans, how we react to rumours, facts etc.

Re: Welcome new signing Carlos Sánchez Moreno
by USVillan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:56 am
+
-
Sun now reporting Lambert's pulled out of the Sanchez deal. 3rd party issues led to this.

I'm done with Lambert. He needs to go. Now.

USVillan

Re: Welcome new signing Carlos Sánchez Moreno
by USVillan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 am
+
-
Kaz wrote:
Everton failed to sign him earlier in the transfer window due to the 3rd party ownerships.

This deal will not happen.
Bingo. And please, Lamberk knew about these 3rd parties, and he chose to go ahead and waste valuable time as the season approaches pursuing this guy.

The guy's a spunkwaste. He'd get beaten in chess by a 3 year old, the way people outmaneuver him.
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 am

Olofalot wrote:Still waiting. Was this another bullshit false dawn?

Laughing at You 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:13 am

Yes it is. So go wait somewhere else.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 am

Trotters wrote:

Yes it is. So go wait somewhere else.  

Hmmmmm...... a site that prides it self on differing views, with rtespect after the ADMIN fiasco I think we are all entitled to be sceptical at the ver least, especially as all and sundry at Villa Park have bee told yet this is the ONLY source.
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am

All and sundry? A very select few maybe - there's having doubts and coming here crying bullshit - now I for know its not bullshit having seen the information given to PDC .

Bullshit is made up rubbish - this is not the case here .

People cried bullshit when we said lerner was selling up , people cried bullshit when we said culverhouse and karsa were gone , we proved the team line up was known to us on Friday night - this information is from the same source that was correct on the other stuff .

Would you back against him?

Last edited by Eastie on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by W1ttm4nn Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:30 am

I agree with you Dennis but dont forget that hairyhands was also privy to some unique inside information
W1ttm4nn

Back to top Go down

Post by W1ttm4nn Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 am

Eastie, until it's confirmed,  you don't know it's not bullshit.

Last edited by W1ttm4nn on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
W1ttm4nn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:32 am

W1ttm4nn wrote:Eastie, until it's confirmed,  you don't know it's jot bulshit.
See above post -.
Bullshit to me is something made up , not something made aware to someone from a very good source .

Last edited by Eastie on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:32 am

He's entitled to his view but there's no need to be a dick about it.

This is the source that has been stunningly accurate with some stuff not a lot of people knew about. Including the club going up for sale and the Culverhouse issue.

How someone can come on and say "more bullshit" when, compared with most forums, twitter, Facebook, etc, his hit rate is absolutely stunning.

Has he got stuff wrong? Sure. Show me someone who has a 100% record; there aren't many.

So voice you're opinion and say you don't believe it or you'll believe it when you see it. Don't be a dick about it.

Simple.

Some people elsewhere still believe that we do this as some magical way of attracting people to make money. Yet we actually pay to run this site. We don't ask for donations, we don't charge for the flip mag we put together, we've removed all the shitty ads for penis extensions and bank loans for our registered members.

We put this together for people to have a chat, have a laugh and keep up to date with the latest Villa news. And we don't mind shelling out a few quid to do it. But If people don't like it for whatever reasons, there are HEAPS of other villa forums to go on.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:35 am

Exactly trotters .

Back to top Go down

Post by phil__ Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:38 am

hi guys first time poster.love this forum the takeover thread has been a great ready over the summer with all the rumours specualation. Thanks for sharing your info that the takeover is nearly done.Eastie i'm not sure if you know who it is yet or if your not naming names incase it could cause problems but if you do are you happy with who the new owners are?
phil__

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

Welcome phil - glad you have posted - it's now a waiting game my friend , but worth the wait .

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

Given the reaction of some (see above), it makes me hesitant to name names.

Welcome, btw. Should have said that first, sorry - lack of coffee makes me a rude bastard! :)

Great week to join...things are on the up*

* things are subject to change Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by phil__ Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:43 am

cheers guys exciting stuff cant wait for the new owners to be in place.proud history bright future Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
phil__

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 am

Trotters wrote:He's entitled to his view but there's no need to be a dick about it.

This is the source that has been stunningly accurate with some stuff not a lot of people knew about. Including the club going up for sale and the Culverhouse issue.

How someone can come on and say "more bullshit" when, compared with most forums, twitter, Facebook, etc, his hit rate is absolutely stunning.

Has he got stuff wrong? Sure. Show me someone who has a 100% record; there aren't many.

So voice you're opinion and say you don't believe it or you'll believe it when you see it. Don't be a dick about it.

Simple.

Some people elsewhere still believe that we do this as some magical way of attracting people to make money. Yet we actually pay to run this site. We don't ask for donations, we don't charge for the flip mag we put together, we've removed all the shitty ads for penis extensions and bank loans for our registered members.

We put this together for people to have a chat, have a laugh and keep up to date with the latest Villa news. And we don't mind shelling out a few quid to do it. But If people don't like it for whatever reasons, there are HEAPS of other villa forums to go on.

Ah trotters ... so the source is a he is it ... Well that narrows it down for us then !! ......
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:01 am

lol! 
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 am

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
Trotters wrote:He's entitled to his view but there's no need to be a dick about it.

Simple.

Ah trotters ... so the source is a he is it ... Well that narrows it down for us then !! ......

Only on weekdays , allegedly Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am

Anybody else think Lumber looked more upbeat yesterday?

Was it because of the performance or does he know what's happening in the wings?

Also mentioned a couple more signings.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:10 am

I thought he looked as dull as ever after the match. I've not seen any interviews though.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:18 am

Trotters wrote:

we've removed all the shitty ads for penis extensions and bank loans for our registered members.  

Any chance of getting these ads back. Its just that I could do with a, errrrr bank loan.
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:21 am

GhostDad wrote:
Trotters wrote:

we've removed all the shitty ads for penis extensions and bank loans for our registered members.  

Any chance of getting these ads back. Its just that I could do with a, errrrr bank loan.

Contact morph , he will advise you with your er small problem :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am

That's my proper LOL moment for the day. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:40 am

Billy Walker wrote:
Trotters wrote:It is a cracking post and I do wonder if his weaknesses will be addressed by Keane so we can finally get to see a bit of what German coaching badges are all about.

Lambert's problem now is that he's had the world's longest honeymoon period and the fans are ready to lose it with him. The Stoke result was good and if he wins the next two games, great!

However, go on a run of losses (as we will likely see in the following 7 matches) then the fans will turn as he simply has no credit left in the bank - even if he wins his first three.

Simply put, he's performed so badly in the past - regardless of the circumstances put upon him - that he's only going to see a small fraction of the goodwill that a new manager would get for the exact same results.

For me to even start to have a little bit of faith in him again, he'd have to finish upper mid table for two seasons in a row with the team he's got now. As it stands, each week I'll wonder what kind of mind-boggling tactics he'll come up with. Especially when he's 2-0 down with 20 mins to go.

Why are we likely to go on a run of losses in the seven matches that are soon to come?  Last season is over and - clearly - we have a far deeper and more experienced squad now than we have had for a good couple of years.  Bring those fixtures on - I'm quietly confident we'll come out of them okay.

I have plenty of goodwill left in the bank for the manager because he has kept us up on a budget and within circumstances that would have made lesser men walk.  I get the impression he appreciates being manager and he totally understands the size, history and potential of the club, too. Bit by bit he is building something and I want to see what he can achieve with real backing from an ambitious boardroom.  Rome wasn't built in a day.
Good post with excellent points but it still misses the overall concerning Lambert.

Yes 'we have a far deeper and more experienced squad now than we have had for a good couple of years' but who formed the Bomb Squad in the first place while then replacing those players with less experience and less quality? Who?

I think through all the bullshit politics that has been happening within our club over the past two seasons for some people this has been used as an cloak to disguise and excuse what has been a disastrous transfer policy by Lambert. I mean surely it hasn't gone unnoticed that several of Lambert's purchases have already been shown the goodbye door while some of those who were ostracised by the manager have now been reinstated and yesterday we looked all the better for it.

This is not me using the benefit of hindsight. I had been continually stating this on here and on another site for quite some time.

We had on our books a FB putting in some cracking performances for Scotland when he couldn't get a game for us yet Lambert couldn't wait to send him out on loan in the very position where we had a conspicuous weakness. We had a 1 in 2 striker who was stripped of the captaincy and preference then given to Jordan Bowery.

Incidentally where is Bowery now and those who are sharpening their knives with the wages debate, by how much has the wages actually been reduced at the club?

I see the excuse for Lambert to stay has now been switched to his apparent loyalty to the club when others have walked at their respective clubs. Tell me which Premiership club would still head hunt Lambert and if by chance another Premiership club did come calling do you think Lambert would turn them down based on his loyalty to us?

Lambert is still with us due to circumstance rather than loyalty and he is one lucky boy to still be in charge of this sleeping giant. His about turn on transfer policy has been forced upon him rather than being of his own choice since his original policy very nearly relegated us in successive seasons.

No wonder he has looked bedraggled recently. Every time he has to write the Bomb Squad members down on the team sheet along with his new experienced signings is a reminder of how much of a failure he has been at our club.

Last edited by Morpheus on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:51 am; edited 5 times in total
Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 19 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:43 am

Sacking Lambert now would do more harm than good. Dependent on where we are i would say early December or next summer. I dont see Lambert as the long term future of the club but i dont want us to do Fulham
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next