The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ian Taylor

+13
Green Villan
HarryAVFC
Ghost of Pongo Waring
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
R1chuk
UnclePanda
USVillan
mickeywya
achilles
Trotters
Jim
whiteensign
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Taylor

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm

He got done for drink related offences twice (off the top of my head) whilst playing for us...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm

mickeywya wrote:At least Hendrie wasn't an alcoholic whilst playing football.

No he was just sticking white powder up his nose, a lot more healthier than having a drink :rolleyes:
Green Villan
Green Villan

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Green Villan wrote:

No he was just sticking white powder up his nose, a lot more healthier than having a drink :rolleyes:

I think it is, fitness wise!

Anyway, I would just like to say one thing re. Lee Hendrie. When he signed for Redditch I thought "oh fuck off, not another mercenary who's going to stroll around doing jack shit" but I have to say, everyone at Redditch (from what i've seen and heard) were very impressed by him, the attitude, the effort, his performances and just his general manner about the club. I reckon he's grown up a bit lately, running his Footy Bugs business, he's doing more for football than a lot of other ex players!!!!
Give him a break I say Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 pm

If he has grown up and took those chips off his shoulders and sorted his attitude out I will cut him some slack.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:36 pm

One of our great players of my lifetime was an alcoholic and a coke head while playing football, before he signed for us though Wink

His book is pretty good too, whereas when reading my signed copy of Paul McGraths book I had tears running down my cheeks, when reading Mersons I was mainly having a chuckle to myself Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Green Villan wrote:If he has grown up and took those chips off his shoulders and sorted his attitude out I will cut him some slack.

Still got a face you'd like to punch though Wink
Ian Taylor  - Page 4 10460500_1446678782282608_6252322833218853474_n
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Looking at that picture mate he looks like he still has his big headed attitude.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 am

whiteensign wrote:
Green Villan wrote:If he has grown up and took those chips off his shoulders and sorted his attitude out I will cut him some slack.

Two good reasons to confirm that Alien life is thriving on planet Earth. Jack Woodward has a forehead like a Klingon and Hendrie has ears that should not be shown in a photo for fear of scaring the kids. Plus his body looks about 3 stone in weight, with a ten stone in weight head on his shoulders. Fuck me, if both of this pair start commentating on AVTV we will really be in trouble. affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:40 am

I'm on the space-phone to MiB.
Trotters
Trotters

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:01 am

Trotters wrote:I'm on the space-phone to MiB.
Lovely Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:35 am

Haha what a great pic - its true woodwards forehead is bizarre and hendrie well - least said the better Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Desperate Villan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:19 am

Just catching up from yesterday gents and appreciate this is supposed to be about Ian Taylor but someone just tell what instance Lee Hendrie has had a bad attitude or shown a chip on his shoulder?

I mean are we talking a bit of a snub when you have seen him on a night out as if so then i am sure during the course of a night out i am sure he got approached many a time and suppose it would get a bit annoying???

Just clutching at straws as nobody has stated anything concrete apart from they dont like his face which on that basis Gareth Southgate must be in real trouble  Very Happy 
Desperate Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Google "lee Hendrie wash my Ferrari" for starters.
Trotters
Trotters

Ian Taylor  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Last updated at 15:48 17 December 2006

Colchester 3, Stoke 0
Lee Hendrie had had just about enough of the rural rustics from East Anglia who are giving all their Championship visitors a real shaking.
Two nil down at half-time, thanks to Jamie Cureton's double - his first in 70 seconds - and a verbal slating from the main stand, had Stoke's star midfielder on loan from Aston Villa in a rage as he hurled an expletive and spat on the pitch in the general direction of the home fans after they castigated him for an accidental challenge on Richard Garcia.
So perhaps he can be excused his half-time, petty outburst, giving his Charlie Big Potatoes impression to Colchester's Kem Izzet, who revealed: "He said 'You can come and wash my Ferrari if you like'. What can you say? I certainly haven't got a Ferrari so I said 'Just give me a sponge and I'll do it!' I hope he's got a red one because if it's any other colour I won't be happy.
"If he wants to talk about his money, he's welcome to. But we do our talking on the pitch and we beat them 3-0 so that stuck one up him a little.
"Sometimes he doesn't help himself. He's a very good player but he should keep his head down and play.
"He got caught up in the moment. I saw him swear at the crowd and that's why they got on his back. We came off at half-time and he got a bit patronising, tapping me on the back. So I tapped him back and I think I tugged his hair a little.
"But if he's going to give it out, he's got to be able to take it."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-423253/Hendries-ferrari-jibe-Stoke-offer.html#ixzz38CPG4mjW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 pm

This is an interesting opinion I found on the net -

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/even-a-fan-couldnt-love-him-aston-villas-lee-hendrie/

The problem with being a football fan is the footballers themselves. It’s the niggling ulcer at the back of the throat that these men aren’t Gods own subbuteo players but in fact, arseholes, pricks and wastrels, who’d no sooner share your passion than they would your bank balance. The problem being, just because they play for your team, doesn’t stop them being dickheads.

Being a Villa Fan I have long since pinned my hopes on the heroes in claret and blue, however, even my misty eyed allegiance could not blind me to the many failings of Lee Hendrie. Not wanting to ruin anyone’s ending here, but Hendrie is currently 33 years old and plying his trade in the beautiful games ugly back water, Indonesia.

Hendrie broke into the Villa mid-field at the turn of the millennium under the tutelage of John Gregory, who obviously saw a little of himself, in the pimple faced primadonna. The problem with Hendrie? He was born with a face to break bricks on, I defy you to find a photo where you are not consumed by his smugness and compelled to reach for a brick.

Stories of Hendrie’s immense twatishness soon filtered to Fleet Street where kiss-and-tells became common place, the difference being, when its was Paul Merson you forgave him, when it was even Dwight Yorke you just about forgave him, but when it was Hendrie, you swallowed your pride, held tight your claret and blue rosary beads and prayed to God he goes for a Bosman in the summer.

Sure, you celebrated if he scored and even admired when he tackled back, but as the final whistle blew you knew long before you settled in your armchair for Match of the Day that Hendrie himself would be shit faced off champagne, trying to suffocate himself between the thighs of Miss Birmingham 2005. His catalogue is full of cliques, from smashing up his Porsche on the way to an Intertoto Cup game, to having C**T scratched into the very same Porsche by his soon to be ex wife, after allegations of his cheating turned out to be completely and utterly true.

But he still played for Villa, the team that I loved and still love. Every Saturday I would shuffle into the ground and almost will him to change my mind, but never did. If he did score, he had this horrible habit of kissing his badge, to me it always felt like someone sleeping with my sister.

David O’Leary said it best: Lee Hendrie is Lee Hendrie and will always be Lee Hendrie.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm

whiteensign wrote:

Still looks stoned..
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:21 pm

My Old Man wrote:
whiteensign wrote:

Still looks stoned..
"So, Lee, do you have any response to the conspiracy theorists who say you can morph into an alien?"
" Watch this Jack, you will love it, especially as you are a Klingon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
whiteensign wrote:

Still looks stoned..
"So, Lee, do you have any response to the conspiracy theorists who say you can morph into an alien?"
                                       " Watch this Jack, you will love it, especially as you are a Klingon."

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4