The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Neil Taylor

+4
Villa Ranger
mefromhere
Villa_Dan
De Kuip
8 posters

Go down

Neil Taylor Empty Neil Taylor

Post by De Kuip Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Ouch!
Don't suppose NT will be on Seams Coleman''s Christmas card list after that tackle.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Neil Taylor 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Neil Taylor Empty Re: Neil Taylor

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm

The hate he's getting is a joke. I've seen Irish Villa fans slagging him off. I don't seeem to remember them having a go at Hutton for dropkicking Lond when he played for the Boggies!

It was a mistimed tackle with an unfortunate outcome. Tackles just as bad or worse happen every weekend without breaks. Coleman was just unlucky.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Neil Taylor 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:42 pm

I understand that the injury is bad but that doesn't mean the tackle was outrageously bad. It was just a case of bad timing that resulted in a terrible injury. The tackle was nowhere near as poor as the one from Bale on O'Shea just seconds before that but just because O'Shea is okay that one has been swept under the carpet.

Mistimed tackle? Yes
Terrible injury? Yes
Accidental? Yes.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Neil Taylor 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Some fuckwit on Twitter said it was "Probably the worst tackle he's ever seen"!!??

When asked if he had actually ever played football, he said he had.

One of his two statements was definitely a lie.

It was a horror injury. It was not a horror tackle. Why can't people separate one from the other?

His foot isn't even that high. Barely above the top of the ball. His studs are not aimed towards the player, if anything he twists his body away from Coleman and goes to block the ball with his heel.

It was mistimed, in that Coleman reached the ball (and the point of contact) quicker than Taylor had anticipated. Taylor should not have gone off his feet so it was definitely a red card, but he would argue that the ball was in no-man's-land (the very definition of a 50/50) and that he was entitled to go for it.

It's not as though Coleman was in possession of the ball and Taylor has come flying in and gone through him.

I didn't see the game, so by the time I'd read all the rhetoric I was expecting a horror show. When I saw it I couldn't believe how innocuous it looked, relative to the sheer ferocity of the comments by pundits and idiots alike.

I wish Coleman a speedy recovery but I also hope this doesn't adversely affect Taylor's career, because he's going to come in for some serious and undeserved stick. The Media, as usual, will be at the forefront of this, already calling it a 'horror tackle', just so as they can get mouses clicking and sell more papers.

Coleman goes into that 50/50 as brave as a lion and comes off worst. But he isn't allowed to leave the field a hero. Before the stretcher even reaches the tunnel, Social Media has already painted him as a meek victim, and is already pointing the collective finger at their latest Pantomime Villain.

What a fucking circus.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Neil Taylor 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:40 am

^ Spot on.
And I've seen polls where 40% of Villa fans say he should be dropped for our next game. Fuckery.

I can't tell if Taylor has gone through him or if Coleman, in his own veracity to get to the ball first knowing the tackle is coming, has actually kicked the ball AND kicked through the Taylor's leg and the shear force of that is what causes the break.

On the low res YouTube clips, it looks like the latter.
Trotters
Trotters

Neil Taylor 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:21 am

Ah the usual media and social media over reaction to something which is a common occurrence in a contact sport like football. No spite intended by Taylor as he is not a complete head case like the Irish 'hero' Mr Roy Keane?
DelboyVilla

Neil Taylor 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 am

Taylor is not that kind of player. There was no intent or Malace behind it.
Professional players and managers who know him have all said the same.
I bet he feels really gutted by what has happened and it will probably affect his game.
Boldfinger

Neil Taylor 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Badly mistimed by taylor but coleman was swinging at the ball, even if taylors foot had been on the floor I think it would have been just as bad, both players went in hard but it could just as easily have been taylor who came off worse, I remember cowans being in the same situation and getting a nasty break, can't remember this sort of outcry though. Unfortunately the media are going into overdrive on this.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Neil Taylor 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down