The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Ian Taylor

+13
Green Villan
HarryAVFC
Ghost of Pongo Waring
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
R1chuk
UnclePanda
USVillan
mickeywya
achilles
Trotters
Jim
whiteensign
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ian Taylor

Post by AVFClee Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:55 pm

R1chuk wrote:Just when Lambert had weathered the storm, got some sympathy for the takeover debacle and made some decent, if not spectacular signings, he shoots himself massively in the foot.

Taylor is one of us, you treat him like that, you treat us all like that.

I am back to #LAMBERTOUT again.

Same here, was understanding to the situation aswell until this stupid move, Tayl's is one of us and so if he is not entitled to speak his mind then neither are we, if this is all true i for one will not be attending any games this season for sure.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost of Pongo Waring Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:01 pm

AVFClee wrote:
R1chuk wrote:Just when Lambert had weathered the storm, got some sympathy for the takeover debacle and made some decent, if not spectacular signings, he shoots himself massively in the foot.

Taylor is one of us, you treat him like that, you treat us all like that.

I am back to #LAMBERTOUT again.

Same here, was understanding to the situation aswell until this stupid move, Tayl's is one of us and so if he is not entitled to speak his mind then neither are we, if this is all true i for one will not be attending any games this season for sure.

There is no evidence that this story is true.

If it is then it's understandable. Ian Taylor is the club Ambassador, if he wants to speak "as a a fan" and be critical then he should not work for the club.

To say this means the ordinary fan can't speak his/her mind is ridiculous. It doesn't mean anything of the sort.
Ghost of Pongo Waring

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Ian Taylor is a fan of the club it's in his heart and I believe he has every right to call it as he sees it .

But Taylor is being paid by the club to promote it in a positive way. If he wants to criticise the club then he needs to stand down and just be a fan.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:12 pm

HH saying The story about Taylor being sacked or whatever is true

Oh dear Lambert
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:HH saying The story about Taylor being sacked or whatever is true

Oh dear Lambert

Where is Howard saying this?

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:HH saying The story about Taylor being sacked or whatever is true

Oh dear Lambert

are you saying someone who is paid by the club, and who comes out dissing the club, deserves to stay? i think people are annoyed for 2 reasons: a) its lambert, and b) its ian taylor.

we have been told at my work, if we insult or bring down our companies name / reputation on social media, we will be disciplined. the same should go for ian taylor & avfc.

take off the claret n blue tinted glasses and put yourself in the managers position...
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:26 pm

UnclePanda wrote:

Oh dear Lambert

are you saying someone who is paid by the club, and who comes out dissing the club, deserves to stay? i think people are annoyed for 2 reasons: a) its lambert, and b) its ian taylor.

we have been told at my work, if we insult or bring down our companies name / reputation on social media, we will be disciplined. the same should go for ian taylor & avfc.

take off the claret n blue tinted glasses and put yourself in the managers position...

This maybe so but lambert has done similar with members of the press - a manager should be able to accept criticism without throwing his toys out the pram.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Exactly right. Taylor can't be biting the hand that's feeding him. His job at the paper was untenable given his position at the Villa so one of those roles had to go. I guess the club chose for him.

And I don't blame them for that; he's paid to put positive spin on things and promote the club. Whilst he hasn't come out and called a lambert a dickwad, he has stated how disappointing things are. And that's not very ambassadorial, is it?
Trotters
Trotters

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Eastie wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:

Oh dear Lambert

This maybe so but lambert has done similar with members of the press - a manager should be able to accept criticism without throwing his toys out the pram.

Although over a different reason entirely, let's not forgot that Fergie boycotted the BBC for years over criticism of his kid.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Eastie wrote:
UnclePanda wrote:

Oh dear Lambert

but not in public! i think, if taylor has something to say, he goes to the managers office. not to his newspaper column. what taylor should have done was talk about the upcoming tour, preperation, etc etc. ie, what the club expect of him, as the ambassador. what he has effectively done is insult the club he works for. this can, and probably will, have a negative effect. i dont want to work with people who go and insult me publicly.

i understand he is villa, and loves the club. but, if he wants to be a fan, he needs to leave the ambassador job. otherwise he has a responsibility to the club to promote it positively
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Ian Taylor  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Basically the club is a shambles but hold on don't tell anyone and just tell all the Villa fans that everything is utterly fantastic... thats okay then!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:48 pm

achilles wrote:Basically the club is a shambles but hold on don't tell anyone and just tell all the Villa fans that everything is utterly fantastic...
Uh, yeah...that's the job of the club ambassador!!! You've just elaborated the entire point!

There is nothing wrong with having a negative/realistic appraisal of how things at Villa currently are going if you're not on the company payroll. If you're picking up a paycheck from the company, though, you'd better toe the company line!
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:52 pm

If we were doing well and this happened then it would be Ian who?
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:58 pm

mickeywya wrote:If we were doing well and this happened then it would be Ian who?

Too busy looking at your profile pic to comment  :evil: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I don't think Taylor's criticism was overly harsh or personal - he will be better off in the stands with the fans expressing his opinion freely rather than bowing to lerner and lamberts word.

Taylor has a successful business - he will survive with his reputation enhanced if anything .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Matt law of the daily telegraph-

@Matt_Law_DT: Angry to read of Ian Taylor being left off Aston Villa tour at request of Lambert. Taylor has done more for Villa than Lambert ever will.

@JulieBayleyIFA: @Matt_Law_DT Yeah but TBF Matt - Lee Hendrie was just as vocal with his public critiscm of #AVFC last season. On @bbcwm quite abit about it

@Matt_Law_DT: If Lambert can't handle criticism from an ex-player with the best interests of the club at heart then he can't handle the job in my opinion

@JulieBayleyIFA: @Matt_Law_DT So why employ Roy Keane then? Hardly call him a Yes man! Do you think RK will not say it like it is to Lambert? #AVFC

And for those missing him -

@cgale_825: And where is that a clip from , or could it be yet another photoshop job aimed @ painting the club in a bad light ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:30 pm

@HodgsonHoward: 100% is true.. Confirmed to me by Ian Taylor himself.. Argue the merits all you like but it is true

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Eastie wrote:I don't think Taylor's criticism was overly harsh or personal - he will be better off in the stands with the fans expressing his opinion freely rather than bowing to lerner and lamberts word.

Taylor has a successful business - he will survive with his reputation enhanced if anything .

This, to my mind this is now the 4th time lambert has been openly criticized by former players and even Brett Holman.

Holman (this is from HH) was bombed out by lambert after saying in a team meeting that the players needed more experienced players alongside them, he was promptly told to pack his bags

Shaun teale was very vocal about how bad at defending we were in lamberts first season and said on twitter he had offered to do some coaching free of charge for lambert, and was told to get lost

Matt Kendrick has been banned from interviews with lambert for his criticism of the team and lambert

And now this with Taylor

In the world of Paul lambert everything at villa is just dandy. He seems to be a rather bitter individual.
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Nothing new in lamberts case -

The Daily Mail says BBC East have finally been allowed back into Carrow Road after being banned since March for refusing to divulge the source of transfer speculation.

Yet lifting the ban hasn't led to a more media-friendly policy, with Norwich manager Paul Lambert not co-operating with the press on a Barclays sponsors day this week, as is the norm elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Lambert is a spineless coward, he thinks Ian Taylor's criticism was harsh, he'll board himself away when he hears what fans have to say.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Lambert is a spineless coward, he thinks Ian Taylor's criticism was harsh, he'll board himself away when he hears what fans have to say.

Again, he probably didn't think the criticism was harsh, he probably thought - hang on a minute, were employing him to represent this club to others and he's criticising us, we've got enough troubles at the moment and could do without this.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:24 pm

mickeywya wrote:

Again, he probably didn't think the criticism was harsh, he probably thought - hang on a minute, were employing him to represent this club to others and he's criticising us, we've got enough troubles at the moment and could do without this.

Or maybe he finds the truth hard to accept?

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 pm

well he'd of walked from Villa if that was the case, he's been criticised left, right and centre for the past 12-18 months.

Cant see how anyone can think its acceptable for a club ambassador to say anything negative about the club that he is representing.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:41 pm

And i don't blame him for banning Matt Kendrick, i'd ban the Birmingham City Mail from writing anything about Villa for good. Nothing but negative crap about Villa comes from that paper.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Villa

Last edited by mickeywya on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content