The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Roy Keane

+75
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
South London Villan
Cha Ching
Jae1411
Synopsis
avfcjoe
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
logout
jeffvilla
The Great white walnut
Army villain
Dave Hall
UnclePanda
EbeneezerGoode
AVit
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
NARLA24
Macca68
Jo64
GadgetMan
Perth villan
Rawlie
gdav
VillaBill
ejs1111
River
Morgan Villa
thegaffer6
Muzz
My Old Man
RoyRace
holtehero
Mr_Spadge
Jim
Trotters
Colin Lamp
andrew24561
The Utterer
Dek of Villa
avfc2k
Leafs1201
vbm
God_wore_number5
cgale
achilles
Mr Beast
Queneau
mickeywya
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Andy_Villa
clarryblue
DN1982
whiteensign
larvin86
Thinman
jvilla
Villa_Dan
Villanz
Sceptical Villan
Alpe_DHuez
prmort
KMitch
Roncrete
villashrew
CoE82
BigKev67
Green Villan
ant 2014
R1chuk
JohnJones
79 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Roy Keane  - Page 17 Empty Re: Roy Keane

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:47 am

I'd get Carlos Quieroz in now as the players would have an immediate bond with him!

Seriously though, the insinuation that they shouldn't be expected to take orders like Keane was barking because they don't earn as much as the Man Utd players shows a stunning disconnect with reality.

But then, no-one, regardless of what they earn should have to put up with the kind of shit Keane seems to enjoy dishing out. He's not some dickhead Sergeant Majoe in the army yelling at people because lives are dependent on it. He's there to make them better footballers by showing improving their already established skills.

He's a douchebag. And given that he didn't have the balls to actually come to blows with Gabby shows he's all mouth and no trousers.

sugarbag!
Trotters
Trotters

Roy Keane  - Page 17 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:54 am

Howard was right. It's an excuse culture at Villa.

- Players don't get paid enough to train hard.
- Coaches are rude and aggressive and, when found out, suddenly have family matters to attend to.
- Manager is allowed to get away with poor results because he's (apparently) admits when he's made mistakes*
- Owner is scarcely seen to face the music.

*Can someone point out WHEN and WHERE he's admitted this?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:32 am

I keep saying this but there is no good there. He's right in his gripes with the players. They are in the wrong. Yet he does things in such an arsehole manner that he ends up being the one in the wrong, even though on paper he's in the right!

If that makes sense  :shock:  Laughing
kimbo
kimbo

Roy Keane  - Page 17 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:36 am

kimbo wrote:I keep saying this but there is no good there. He's right in his gripes with the players. They are in the wrong. Yet he does things in such an arsehole manner that he ends up being the one in the wrong, even though on paper he's in the right!

If that makes sense  :shock:  Laughing

Totally agree. Him calling them lazy in training is fair point, screaming that they are lazy sugarbags is twattish
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Roy Keane  - Page 17 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:11 am

Has Lambert lied to us about what happened?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:35 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Has Lambert lied to us about what happened?
Yes is the answer to that vb.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Roy Keane  - Page 17 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:50 am

And given that, why was Trent on VT - who seems well connected - vehemently denying it? The club clearly have it's hooks into various people and places.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 pm

I wonder whether Tom Fox was referring to Keane's appointment, when he said that Randy likes the fact that Lambert admits his mistakes.

villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-roy-keane-alleged-8307477

Aston Villa: Roy Keane alleged to have rung Tom Cleverley's doorbell for 15 minutes to confront him over Gabby Agbonlahor 'bust-up' rumours

Former Aston Villa number two turns up at Tom Cleverley's house

Aston Villa's former assistant manager Roy Keane is alleged to have tried to confront midfielder Tom Cleverley over claims he had a bust-up with the Villa players.

The Sun reports that Keane turned up at Cleverley's home in Cheshire and furiously rang the doorbell for 15 minutes waiting for an answer.

Keane lives close by to the gated residence where England international Cleverley lives and the paper reports that he is thought to have been caught on Cleverley's CCTV.

In a twist to the story, the paper also reveals that Keane now believes that it wasn't Cleverley who was behind the rumours of a bust-up and is now looking at another culprit.

Keane came to the decision to leave the club after admitting that fully committing to both jobs and making the necessary time for his family was proving impossible.

He said: “Ultimately, my roles with Villa and Ireland and combining my commitment to these have become too much."

Manager Paul Lambert recently denied rumours of an alleged bust-up between Keane and the players on November 29th at Bodymoor Heath.

"There were no issues whatsoever," said Lambert, in response to an article that Gabby Agbonlahor was among the players who clashed with Keane.

"I spoke to Roy this morning and last night and had a chat. The guy is run off his feet with Irish commitments so I respected that.

"For me it was absolute nonsense in what's been written about him. I find it bizarre. The guy was great for me and great for everyone at the football club.

"He's got a lot of commitments with the Irish national team and I've got nothing but thanks for Roy for coming in. There wasn't even any bad words or anything – that's the disappointing thing."

CEO Tom Fox said: “We thank Roy for his time at the club and we wish him the best with Ireland.

“Our focus now will be on working with Paul to identify the right person to work alongside him and to help us continue on our journey to return the club to its rightful place in the Premier League.”

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am

He sounds like a crazy ex!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 am

Just one question .... if Cleverly lives in a secure gated residence, how did Keane get in to ring his doorbell?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 am

Climbed the gate.

I'm trying to envisage him furiously ringing a doorbell for 5 solid minutes and regardless of what style the doorbell is, the image in my head is fucking hilarious. I really hope Cleverley has CCTV and he releases the footage.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

Trotters wrote:Climbed the gate.

I'm trying to envisage him furiously ringing a doorbell and regardless of what style the doorbell is, the image in my head is hilarious. I really hope Cleverley has CCTV and he releases the footage.
I can see it in cartoon fashion ....red face .... steam coming out of his ears .... bouncing up and down shaking his fist (the hand that isn't actively furiously ringing the bell) shouting "I'll get yous feckers, I'll break yous fecking legs!!!!" Similar to training at Bodymoor Heath. (apart from the doorbell bit) Very Happy
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 am

Roy Keane  - Page 17 B5F0n2dCUAAoSvN
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
Trotters wrote:Climbed the gate.

I'm trying to envisage him furiously ringing a doorbell and regardless of what style the doorbell is, the image in my head is hilarious. I really hope Cleverley has CCTV and he releases the footage.
I can see it in cartoon fashion ....red face .... steam coming out of his ears .... bouncing up and down shaking his fist (the hand that isn't actively furiously ringing the bell) shouting "I'll get yous feckers, I'll break yous fecking legs!!!!" Similar to training at Bodymoor Heath. (apart from the doorbell bit) Very Happy

If he still had that beard, he'd look like a mental health issue Santa Claus.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

Irrespective of what really happened concerning Cleverley it was yet another very poor appointment by the club when you consider why the previous coaches were sacked.

Moreover what did Lambert and the club think that someone with a record of failure at management level in the Premiership and prone to outbursts in the media was going to contribute to the image of the club and team?

Clearly we needed a technical coach who would motivate the players by his ability to coach rather than motivating the players by bullying which didn't work previously.

It just seems a vicious circle of mishaps and wrong appointments at the club over the past few seasons and one would hope that this time it will be third time lucky to actually employ on the basis of ability rather than by name.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Roy Keane  - Page 17 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Morpheus wrote:Irrespective of what really happened concerning Cleverley it was yet another very poor appointment by the club when you consider why the previous coaches were sacked.

Moreover what did Lambert and the club think that someone with a record of failure at management level in the Premiership and prone to outbursts in the media was going to contribute to the image of the club and team?

Clearly we needed a technical coach who would motivate the players by his ability to coach rather than motivating the players by bullying which didn't work previously.

It just seems a vicious circle of mishaps and wrong appointments at the club over the past few seasons and one would hope that this time it will be third time lucky to actually employ on the basis of ability rather than by name.
The appointment of Roy Keane suggested that Lambert feels he needs to have a "good cop, bad cop" management team. Culverhouse/Karsa did the bullying for him for years (with his knowledge imo), and he had the chance to move away from that scenario but chose not to.

Maybe it's true that senior players can be a bit obstructive at Villa, and perhaps Lambert doesn't have the toughness to be "The Boss" without a sergeant major figure supporting him. I don't know the man personally so I'm only guessing.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Culverhouse/Karsi, IMO, weren't sacked for bullying the senior players. These overpaid gimps need someone to give them a kick up the arse in my opinion. They were sacked for abusing the youngsters, physios, catering staff etc. That is totally unacceptable.

I think Lambo saw Keane as a similar option to them but who wouldn't go too far with the non-playing staff
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:45 pm

It's possible VB but if that was the case then Lambert needing an enforcer beside him to instil discipline what does that say about his motivational skills?

That also opens up the discussion further questioning what Lambert really does to earn his corn as manager if the rumour is correct that he is not present during all training sessions?

I think we need a complete cleansing of the club from top to bottom VB as there are far too many cobwebs of the past clinging onto every part of the club which are still dictating how the club is run and how we play.

There is no point at all having state of the art training facilities when our manager has to go to Bayern to learn how to coach the team into playing from the back or retaining the ball better. We should already have someone at the club who can do that whether that would be the manager or his coaching staff.

If Fox becomes the chief whip in all aspects of the club (and he will need time) we will start to move forward with the right management team who will want to instill a new modern footballing philosophy into our club which in turn will bring the fans back.

Unfortunately I do not see Lambert being part of that.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 pm

I'm not sure why you think that's unfortunate. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Agree mate. Must learn to be more on point (Mel B X Factor Laughing ) than trying diplomacy. Bash
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Lambert wrote:I've probably spoken about Roy more since he's left than when he was here. I think you should give the guy a break. From the brief chat I had with Tom, it certainly wasn't how it was portrayed. That was what Tom told me this morning.

I.e. What the papers have said is spot the fuck on
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Lambert says he has no issues with Roy Keane after Keane goes steaming round to Cleverly's house. (it wasn't just to pass the time of day, he could have done that by phone .... it was to intimidate)

Why the f*ck hasn't he got an issue with Keane?

How are the players ever going to respect him if he hasn't got the balls to tell the mad git to keep the f*ck away from Aston Villa players now that he no longer works for the club. Keane has no right badgering players, and Lambert should spell it out to his "mate" in no uncertain terms!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Top post VB, Keane is a disgrace, it really shows him for the two faced liar he is as well, best thing that can happen to Roy is some big ugly bastard jams his own book up his arse hole, the twat bloody needs it from what I see.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Roy Keane  - Page 17 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Bet Keane wouldn't have been round knocking on Duncan Disorderley's door. He's only a "hardman" when he knew he could get away with it, I seem to remember him admitting after he retired that he shit it away from Ferguson because Dunc was a genuine crazy hard bastard
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next