The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Roy Keane

+75
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
South London Villan
Cha Ching
Jae1411
Synopsis
avfcjoe
villabromsgrove
Morpheus
logout
jeffvilla
The Great white walnut
Army villain
Dave Hall
UnclePanda
EbeneezerGoode
AVit
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
NARLA24
Macca68
Jo64
GadgetMan
Perth villan
Rawlie
gdav
VillaBill
ejs1111
River
Morgan Villa
thegaffer6
Muzz
My Old Man
RoyRace
holtehero
Mr_Spadge
Jim
Trotters
Colin Lamp
andrew24561
The Utterer
Dek of Villa
avfc2k
Leafs1201
vbm
God_wore_number5
cgale
achilles
Mr Beast
Queneau
mickeywya
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Andy_Villa
clarryblue
DN1982
whiteensign
larvin86
Thinman
jvilla
Villa_Dan
Villanz
Sceptical Villan
Alpe_DHuez
prmort
KMitch
Roncrete
villashrew
CoE82
BigKev67
Green Villan
ant 2014
R1chuk
JohnJones
79 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Roy Keane  - Page 2 Empty Re: Roy Keane

Post by villashrew Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/roy-keane-paul-lambert-aston-villa
Quite a few running with it now so it seems true enough.
villashrew
villashrew

Roy Keane  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Roncrete Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 am

Could be a good appointment.
Roncrete
Roncrete

Roy Keane  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:51 am

YES!!! Great news... These awful halfhearted performances should stop or Keane will see players drop out of the starting line up.

I had a boss like Keane before and he was absolutely awesome. I was never on a more productive team before and everyone loved working for him, but from the outside people saw him as a tyrant. If you were always committed and made a mistake, he would fall on the sword for you and help you fix the problem, but God help you if he caught you screwing around. He'd give you an epic 20 minute long ass chewing and that was the end of it, unless you were stupid enough to ignore him. He always had the balls to publicly fight upper management and other departments to stick up for us, which ultimately lead to his dismissal, but I would work for him again in a heartbeat.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 am

I was thinking it was a wind up. Seems to be credible reading about it today.
I must admit he would certainly bring a good work ethos to Villa and laziness would not be tolerated. That's half the team gone then if this does happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by prmort Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:15 am

If true, it’s either inspired or a total balls up. I don’t see any middle ground with Keane.
prmort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:17 am

PDC Lion wrote:I was thinking it was a wind up. Seems to be credible reading about it today.
I must admit he would certainly bring a good work ethos to Villa and laziness would not be tolerated. That's half the team gone then if this does happen.

I'm not against Keane - I just don't see what lambert brings to the party - would rather Keane run the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:19 am

prmort wrote:If true, it’s either inspired or a total balls up. I don’t see any middle ground with Keane.
Me neither but i am confused a bit. How is such a strong character as Keane going to get along with Lambert ? Or is this part of a total managerial change ?
I am unsure about the goings on behind this story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:20 am

Eastie wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:I was thinking it was a wind up. Seems to be credible reading about it today.

I'm not against Keane - I just don't see what lambert brings to the party - would rather Keane run the show.
Not sure about Keane running the show to be honest mate, i don't think he is ready for the massive challenge that is Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 am

You want Lambert out (who has proved his worth as a manager - albeit not with Villa) and put Keane in as no.1 who has done very little as a manager? People need to put their hatred of Lambert aside and think logically about things.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 am

Utterly delighted about this, I love everything Roy Keane stands for great aquisition for the club!
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:26 am

Alpe_DHuez wrote:You want Lambert out (who has proved his worth as a manager - albeit not with Villa) and put Keane in as no.1 who has done very little as a manager? People need to put their hatred of Lambert aside and think logically about things.

Lambert has nor proved his worth as a manager - he has proved he is clueless, tactically inept , and totally out of touch as well as having zero. An management skills - get rid asap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:46 am

I don’t particularly want him at VP. I know I should be deciding and discussing Keane on the basis of whether he would or would not be a good coach for Villa, but I just can’t get past him deliberately injuring someone that effectively ended that player’s career.
Villanz
Villanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 am

I'm not a massive fan of Keane but I can see some positives he'd bring to the table
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Roy Keane  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Roncrete Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

Eastie wrote:
Alpe_DHuez wrote:You want Lambert out (who has proved his worth as a manager - albeit not with Villa) and put Keane in as no.1 who has done very little as a manager? People need to put their hatred of Lambert aside and think logically about things.

Lambert has nor proved his worth as a manager - he has proved he is clueless, tactically inept , and totally out of touch as well as having zero. An management skills - get rid asap!

We would have been relegated over 12 months ago if that was the case.
Roncrete
Roncrete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am

Roncrete wrote:
Eastie wrote:

We survived in spite of him not because of him

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:40 am

Keane is the Mister, Lambert is the Mrs, Lambert likes ironing trousers and Keane likes beating the Mrs if there's any creases. Or it's good cop bad cop. Quite happy with the pairing however you look at it.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

jvilla wrote:Keane is the Mister, Lambert is the Mrs, Lambert likes ironing trousers and Keane likes beating the Mrs if there's any creases. Or it's good cop bad cop. Quite happy with the pairing however you look at it.

Didn't we have that before with Culverhouse?

Can't see them making the same mistake again, surely?
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by larvin86 Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am

Eastie wrote:
Roncrete wrote:
Eastie wrote:

We survived in spite of him not because of him

We were in a relegation battle long before Lambert arrived 4 seasons on the spin now! We stayed up with weaker squads to those taht were relegated... But no you're right its all Lambo's fault!
larvin86

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 am

Thinman wrote:
jvilla wrote:Keane is the Mister, Lambert is the Mrs, Lambert likes ironing trousers and Keane likes beating the Mrs if there's any creases. Or it's good cop bad cop. Quite happy with the pairing however you look at it.

Didn't we have that before with Culverhouse?

Can't see them making the same mistake again, surely?

From all reports it appears Culverhouse was a complete tool, a rotten apple. Lambert likes his assistants hard (oo-er) but on that scale there must be all sorts of personalities, Keane's history is infamous but I'd have no problems with him at Villa in the hard man assistant manager role - the guy demands respect, Culverhouse, well, what's he got to show in terms of sporting achievement to back up the attitude...
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:12 am

Wasn't there reports of Culverhouse abusing the non-playing staff too? Keane might be a hard-nosed tosser but I still think he's a solid step up from Culverhouse
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 am

Sunderland are still trying to offload the players Keane brought in on long contracts with overly high wages, a bit like Martin O'Neill did with us!!!
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not one of the MON blamers, and I do think that people who are still blaming him now are not of the real world!!! The fact is, O'Neill did have players on high wages, but the fact are also, we were finishing 6th in the league and the wages were not as high as the teams who were finishing above us!!!
Now back to Keane, lets not forget that he also lost the dressing room at Sunderland!!! I do agree with what he stands for regarding discipline, but you have to remember that in this day and age, the age of the modern footballer, excessive discipline doesn't seem to work!!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 am

Keane must not be keane (ahem) on managing again, must see two roles as an assistant as being a similar workload but the responsibilities must suit him better than those of a manager - otherwise he'd have gone Celtic. I know he has a past but if he's decided that assisting is the way forwards I'm all for him to fulfill his potential in that role at Villa.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 am

Apparently he's quit ITV to concentrate on his coaching role.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am

DN1982 wrote:Apparently he's quit ITV to concentrate on his coaching role.

yepp, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/roy-keane-pulls-out-world-cup-brazil-2014-itv-pundit
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:01 pm

If Keane signs for Villa we will have a triangle. Lambert and Keane will be the two base figures and Martin O'Neill will be sat on top of the triangle acting as Mentor to both Lambert and Keane.

Who will do the coaching? Answer …. Nobody! Training to be physically fit is all you need if you're a disciple of Brian Clough. BC boasted that he never bothered with coaching or tactics, the only thing that mattered was motivating your best eleven until they felt invincible.

Coaches like Rodgers, Martinez, Pochettini etc have moved the game on light years, while disciples of the great Clough have gradually become extinct except for the last few remaining Dodos.

Dodos appear to be a protected species at Villa Park. Lambert obviously still thinks he needs a hard man between himself and the players, and that his job during the season is to pick his best eleven on match day, fire them up and let them sort it out on the pitch. If and when that fails, Keane can give the players the mother of all boll*ckings. Repeated phone calls to Mon will take care of the rest.

I may be painting a gloomy and pessimistic picture, but sadly I don't think that I'm too far out. UTV!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next