The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

+29
LVBrit
Gordonsleftboot
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Rowley Villa
avfcnigel
andrew24561
Terry Derry
danclare82
achilles
Dazzle
gaffer85
STO67
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
Wriggle
The Utterer
VTID85
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
BillytheKid
FoxyAV
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by achilles Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Personally I don't see the point of minority investment especially in a football club, to me, it is a lose, lose situation!
achilles
achilles

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Seems strange to me as well, I mean would they just be investing with a view to making a profit should we eventually get back into the Premier league, or would they want to have a big say and input into how the club is run, with a possibility of taking full control further down the line...

Searching for other club's who've had 'minority investment' I see that Leeds United as recently as May received minority investment from 'San Francisco 49ers’ enterprises'.
deadbuzzardalive

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 pm

To me it smacks of desperation for an injection of cash which would be tied to all sorts of clauses as to when the team gets promotion or McGrath help them not (goes bust)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Well the statement informs us that they turned down an offer for thirty percent, so maybe they're not that desperate in the short term. I note they use terms like 'strategic value' and 'strategic investment', having googled those, it makes me think that they might be looking for investment from a company that already has experience in running a football club or perhaps other sports teams.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:05 am

Or maybe they invest Xm for a 10 year stadium naming rights? Hisense Villa Park anyone?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 am

I did actually think of Hisense when trying to think of companies that might be interested in investing in us, seeing as though they seem to be trying to break into the football market through sponsoring Euro 2016, ourselves and now the World Cup. Our deal has actually ended with them, but they still feature us on their website.

Give it a few weeks and there will be reports of Xia struggling to find minority investment, and the rumors of a full takeover will start appearing again.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Apparently Milan Mandaric wants to buy us, I thought he was linked to the disaster that happened at Portsmouth, but apparently that was after he left, and he specializes in fixing clubs who've had bad owners and then selling them on. Still, I would never have thought a couple of months ago that people would be begging Xia to sell the club to him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Let's hope that they get their wish. Seems to be the only way to avoid administration.
STO67
STO67

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:46 am

People are seeing Mandaric as someone who's going to come in stop the rot, and then sell us on to owners who can take us forward, but I'd much prefer it if Xia would just sell us on to owners with a long-term plan and who can take us forward to begin with, without us having to keep changing hands, to get to that stage.

Not sure if Mandaric has the finances to run us at the moment either, whether we want a mega-rich owner or not, the fact of the matter is, buying us at the present time is a game for people with deep pockets only, such is the financial state of the club.

Plus his achievements at his previous clubs keep getting mentioned, but Portsmouth are still a league one club, Wednesday a mid table championship club at best, and most of Leicester's success came under their current ownership.

But then again if it's a straight choice between him and Xia, then at the moment it would appear he'd be a much better bet... Considering his age as well there'd also be a strong possibility that it's not actually him interested in buying the club, and he's just advising someone else, with these things there's always a lot of misinformation.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:People are seeing Mandaric as someone who's going to come in stop the rot, and then sell us on to owners who can take us forward, but I'd much prefer it if Xia would just sell us on to owners with a long-term plan and who can take us forward to begin with, without us having to keep changing hands, to get to that stage.

Not sure if Mandaric has the finances to run us at the moment either, whether we want a mega-rich owner or not, the fact of the matter is, buying us at the present time is a game for people with deep pockets only, such is the financial state of the club.

Plus his achievements at his previous clubs keep getting mentioned, but Portsmouth are still a league one club, Wednesday a mid table championship club at best, and most of Leicester's success came under their current ownership.

But then again if it's a straight choice between him and Xia, then at the moment it would appear he'd be a much better bet... Considering his age as well there'd also be a strong possibility that it's not actually him interested in buying the club, and he's just advising someone else, with these things there's always a lot of misinformation.

This bid will be one of many to come in over the next few weeks I'm sure. Just have to be patient and hope we strike lucky this time after the last two takeovers have been disasters. No-one has been sold yet so that's a good sign as Xia may want to hand it over to other people and let them make the decisions.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Alan Nixon has said that he's got a story on Villa in tomorrow's paper, will be interesting to see if that's takeover related, I remember him breaking the news last time that we were going to be bought by a Chinese group... Then again it could be another story about our financial woes or players leaving, but Xia has apparently flown back into the country today, so maybe something is happening.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:34 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Alan Nixon has said that he's got a story on Villa in tomorrow's paper, will be interesting to see if that's takeover related, I remember him breaking the news last time that we were going to be bought by a Chinese group... Then again it could be another story about our financial woes or players leaving, but Xia has apparently flown back into the country today, so maybe something is happening.

Let's hope so. I'm still holding onto hope that the same group who were in for Newcastle, will now come in for us. Because let's be honest, this huge club here is a massive opportunity for a group to come in and turn things around, and it could all be done with not much money spent.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:People are seeing Mandaric as someone who's going to come in stop the rot, and then sell us on to owners who can take us forward, but I'd much prefer it if Xia would just sell us on to owners with a long-term plan and who can take us forward to begin with, without us having to keep changing hands, to get to that stage.

Apart from his age I would be quite positive about Mandaric taking us over. Can't see it though - I think Xia will only sell to another Chinese buyer.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 am

smetro wrote:

Apart from his age I would be quite positive about Mandaric taking us over. Can't see it though - I think Xia will only sell to another Chinese buyer. [/quote]

Bloody racist! Very Happy
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Mandaric ... Considering his age as well there'd also be a strong possibility that it's not actually him interested in buying the club, and he's just advising someone else, with these things there's always a lot of misinformation.

Looks like I was right about this... 'Mandaric advising consortium interested in Villa'...

Milan Mandaric has admitted he is advising a consortium about a potential takeover of Aston Villa.

Villa’s embattled Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia is looking for investment after losing in the FA Cup final.

The club faces a huge financial blackhole after failing to reach the Premier League in last season’s play-off final.

Boss Steve Bruce last week confirmed stars must now be sold with Spurs lining up prize asset Jack Grealish.

The club’s woes have alerted ex-Leicester, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday owner Mandaric.

But he insists he is currently focused on his Slovenian club NK Olimpija Ljubljana.

They have the second leg of their first round qualifying tie for the Champions League on Wednesday at Qarabag FK, with Slovenian’s trailing 1-0.

Serbian-American business tycoon Mandaric,79, told MirrorSport: “Aston Villa is an historic big English club.

“But on the other hand I just cannot really say I am making any moves at this time.

“There is a group of people who know me quite well and if I can help them to move forward I will do this.

“They have asked for my advice.

“But at this time I couldn’t say I am part of a takeover.

“I own the club here in Slovenia and we are in very serious competition in Europe and in our Championship league.

“I have to fulfil my commitments and my duty and then sort myself out and look at other options and projects.

“It wouldn’t be fair to this club here, and to other clubs in England, other than saying I am willing to help out at this point rather than to be part of a takeover.”

Mandaric bought NK Olimpija three years ago and they have since won the title for the first time in 2015/2016 and did the double last season.

Still, that's the clearest proof we've had yet, that there is really interest in us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Mandaric ... Considering his age as well there'd also be a strong possibility that it's not actually him interested in buying the club, and he's just advising someone else, with these things there's always a lot of misinformation.

Looks like I was right about this... 'Mandaric advising consortium interested in Villa'...

Milan Mandaric has admitted he is advising a consortium about a potential takeover of Aston Villa.

Villa’s embattled Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia is looking for investment after losing in the FA Cup final.

The club faces a huge financial blackhole after failing to reach the Premier League in last season’s play-off final.

Boss Steve Bruce last week confirmed stars must now be sold with Spurs lining up prize asset Jack Grealish.

The club’s woes have alerted ex-Leicester, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday owner Mandaric.

But he insists he is currently focused on his Slovenian club NK Olimpija Ljubljana.

They have the second leg of their first round qualifying tie for the Champions League on Wednesday at Qarabag FK, with Slovenian’s trailing 1-0.

Serbian-American business tycoon Mandaric,79, told MirrorSport: “Aston Villa is an historic big English club.

“But on the other hand I just cannot really say I am making any moves at this time.

“There is a group of people who know me quite well and if I can help them to move forward I will do this.

“They have asked for my advice.

“But at this time I couldn’t say I am part of a takeover.

“I own the club here in Slovenia and we are in very serious competition in Europe and in our Championship league.

“I have to fulfil my commitments and my duty and then sort myself out and look at other options and projects.

“It wouldn’t be fair to this club here, and to other clubs in England, other than saying I am willing to help out at this point rather than to be part of a takeover.”

Mandaric bought NK Olimpija three years ago and they have since won the title for the first time in 2015/2016 and did the double last season.

Still, that's the clearest proof we've had yet, that there is really interest in us.

Great stuff Deadbuzz, and yes, this confirms that some serious bidders are out there at least. Just hope that if their potential bid is successful, then they have some connections within the game ala Fosun and also have enough clout to make this work longterm.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:57 pm

Mister Evil (A.K.A, the good Doc) Has apparently flown back to the UK, hopefully to seal a take-over.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 7 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 am

Well his assistant has posted on instagram (screenshot) that he's got an '8 hours long tough meeting' in London... Don't know if it's takeover related, but with that and Xia back in the country, it sounds like something might be going, hopefully some good comes from it all.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Well his assistant has posted on instagram (screenshot) that he's got an '8 hours long tough meeting' in London... Don't know if it's takeover related, but with that and Xia back in the country, it sounds like something might be going, hopefully some good comes from it all.

...or it could be a meeting with the FL to establish that we have the resources to fulfill our fixtures in the forth coming season (especially as it is down in London)?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 am

It could be, but you'd think that the football league would have sought assurances about that before now. I know they were meant to have met with officials from the club a month or so back... Whatever it is eight hours is a long time, so sounds like they've got a lot to go through.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:44 am

Could be interviewing potential future managers (just dreaming)! Laughing at You

Whatever it is, hopefully it is some positive news as we could do with a bit!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 am

Express & Star

Xia is struggling to get cash into the club and it is understood he now accepts he cannot retain full control to avoid Villa plunging into administration.

The Chinese entrepreneur has seen the claret and blues spiral into a deepening cash crisis following their failure to secure promotion to the Premier League as they bid to avoid financial fair play sanctions.

More bills must be paid by the Villa hierarchy this month – including the latest HMRC tax bill, due next Monday – as they fight to stave off a points penalty that would come with administration.

Xia is back in the UK in a bid to sort out the problems engulfing the club – with a potential change of ownership or a significant minority investor coming in as early as this week, it is believed.

It is understood the 41-year-old has received a number of offers, ranging from a full buyout to a cash injection from the sale of a minority stake.

Meanwhile, ex-Portsmouth chief Milan Mandaric has denied he is looking to take over but did confirm he is acting as an adviser to one group.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm

According th the mirror three different 'interested parties' were looking around Bodymoor Heath last week... Also suggestions of a board meeting today in which everyone had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement, don't know how reliable that is though, it's come from some 'Midlands Football Correspondent' on twitter, but people seem to think he's not the kind to make stuff up.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Lets just hope all the Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freaks who work there don't put them off eh!

This club is unreal
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am

So reports that we have big bills due next week (9m quoted) including another HMRC payment and old shorty has run out of ways to raise money quickly? What a bloody mess we appear to be in? And has the Harvard Dr gone back home now? Amazing!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next